Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:38:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UVC] UniversityCoin | UniversityCoin.Org - Pure PoS | 9M coins mined  (Read 135273 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
koralon

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:03:05 PM

Guys Poloniex has been launching new coins with crazy trading volumes which affects UVC. This is why continuously voting on MintPal and Cryptsy so we can get on one of these exchanges by the end of the month will be beneficial.

This is madness.

UVC has 489 votes, #1 on the list has 22285. It's not realistic to expect entry to Mintpal anywhere in the near future.

You have to get some beneficial deals done and announce it to get UVC price and volume to grow. It won't magically grow just by getting on Mintpal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rudius

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:07:52 PM

Guys Poloniex has been launching new coins with crazy trading volumes which affects UVC. This is why continuously voting on MintPal and Cryptsy so we can get on one of these exchanges by the end of the month will be beneficial.

This is madness.

UVC has 489 votes, #1 on the list has 22285. It's not realistic to expect entry to Mintpal anywhere in the near future.

You have to get some beneficial deals done and announce it to get UVC price and volume to grow. It won't magically grow just by getting on Mintpal.

I agree. The way i view it is very simple. In order to go forward, we have to create attraction, raise adoption, raise volume. Without people buying UVC, there is no way we are going on Mintpal.
Currently, i dont even know if people have heard about it.

I really hope that dev know what he is doing with the media push because it will be critical. thsi push have to show everybody why UVC will be part of the crypto scene in the futur and a complete description of the market target, because it s currently the big "plus" of UVC.

An update on the market cap and what it can be in the near futur would be great to with the media push. We have to raise awereness between traders first.
UniversityCoin (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:16:42 PM

We are looking to grow our team here on BitcoinTalk.

Looking for:

Community Managers
Social Media Ninjas
Blog Owners
Anyone who believes in UVC and wants to help out

Please contact if you're looking to get involved!
UniversityCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:18:18 PM

We will be featured on various blogs this week so our following will continue to grow.

I think we need some bounties on the MP:  https://chunkypools.com/uvc/   

so encourage more miners coming here.

The multipool bounties will be available after the media push since we will include that in our press release.
minedout

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:19:06 PM

Looking for:

Community Managers
Social Media Ninjas
Blog Owners

So the "team of college kids on summer break" is actually 1 person.

Good to know.

Edit - just quote the OP: "College and University classes have just ended for the summer and this team will be working tirelessly to make UVC a success. This will include constant development and updates from our computer science team and maximum exposure from our marketing team."
UniversityCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:24:47 PM

Looking for:

Community Managers
Social Media Ninjas
Blog Owners

The the "team of college kids on summer break" is actually 1 person.

Good to know.

Edit - just quote the OP: "College and University classes have just ended for the summer and this team will be working tirelessly to make UVC a success. This will include constant development and updates from our computer science team and maximum exposure from our marketing team."

And how do you come to this conclusion? Enough with the false assumptions.

Also our OP also says "LONG TERM STRATEGY" .. We never said UVC was going to rocket to the moon overnight. Script-Asics & Multipools accumulated a lot of UVC, we have no control over that.

Instead of being a troll why not contact us to help out..? We have made various strategic partnerships, however none have panned out. Therefore we're looking for people to help with engaging the community while we work behind the scenes.
minedout

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:25:33 PM

Looking for:

Community Managers
Social Media Ninjas
Blog Owners

Good to know.

Also our OP also says "LONG TERM STRATEGY" .. We never said UVC was going to rocket to the moon overnight. Script-Asics & Multipools accumulated a lot of UVC, we have no control over that.

Instead of being a troll why not contact us to help out..? We have made various strategic partnerships, however none have panned out. Therefore we're looking for people to help with engaging the community while we work behind the scenes.

Oh that's funny. Because I did. Response I received? None.
UniversityCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:34:07 PM

Looking for:

Community Managers
Social Media Ninjas
Blog Owners

Good to know.

Oh that's funny. Because I did. Response I received? None.

Your PM was a statement... You said "Check the marketing email listed in OP" not "hey I'd like to get involved with UVC and help out."

Unless you're referring to something else..

People need to realize UVC is 2 weeks old, we have never said "WERE GOING TO THE MOON" and instead said our project is long-term and will be incremental.

Let the whale-miners and MPools liquidate their last holdings of UVC so they can buy the next pump coin that comes around, and let the UVC buy orders creep back up with people who share our vision. We have no control over this and can only discuss what we plan to do.

As we have said before, our media push is coming this week, if anyone has a place they would like to see UVC listed, then contact us. If you want to see us listed places, you can also contact them directly.

Pointing the finger gets us no where.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:41:20 PM

Getting on Mintpal will definitely help with prices in the long term as it will significantly increase the volume of trading.  I for one avoid using other exchanges when I can and I'm sure I'm not alone on this.  For me a coin only really becomes legitimate if it is on Mintpal as it is really the only exchange which I trust.  For those complaining about the price - get on with voting on Mintpal as much as you can and if people are selling at really low prices go and buy yourself a bargain.   When the price dips it's an opportunity to buy.  If people keep buying up the low priced coins pretty soon the supply will run out and then the price will inevitably rise.
koralon

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:07:01 PM

If people keep buying up the low priced coins pretty soon the supply will run out and then the price will inevitably rise.

LOL. You are a trading genius.
bcd

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:13:47 PM

Suggestion: Initiating contacts with Universities in developing countries and creating crypto awareness.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:26:50 PM

If people keep buying up the low priced coins pretty soon the supply will run out and then the price will inevitably rise.

Well it is so simple.  Unfortunately people know this and yet they still behave irrationally - the best thing to do is take advantage of it.  I've been slowly buying up the cheap coins and have way more than I could have mined even though I was mining right from the start of the coin.  Either people have free unlimited electricity and mega hashing power (maybe early ASIC miners) or they love selling at a loss, I suspect it might be the ASIC suppliers "testing" equipment for their customers.  That's why I think it's a losing game for GPU/CPU miners to mine a regular scrypt coin - even with a short mining period.  If you look at Nautilus coin there are a number of 100 MH/s + miners that are making the profitability worthless for regular miners.  I think University Coin can still succeed for us non-ASIC miners but I think it will be the last Scrypt coin that anyone without stacks of cash already will be able to make money on.
jollyriffic

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:52:18 PM

Well it is so simple.  Unfortunately people know this and yet they still behave irrationally - the best thing to do is take advantage of it.  I've been slowly buying up the cheap coins and have way more than I could have mined even though I was mining right from the start of the coin.  Either people have free unlimited electricity and mega hashing power (maybe early ASIC miners) or they love selling at a loss, I suspect it might be the ASIC suppliers "testing" equipment for their customers.  That's why I think it's a losing game for GPU/CPU miners to mine a regular scrypt coin - even with a short mining period.  If you look at Nautilus coin there are a number of 100 MH/s + miners that are making the profitability worthless for regular miners.  I think University Coin can still succeed for us non-ASIC miners but I think it will be the last Scrypt coin that anyone without stacks of cash already will be able to make money on.

yeah i've been buying up as much as i can. got a lot more buying than i did with mining from day one.
i'm sitting on around 5k of coins (i'm poor thanks to going all in on gpuc).
wish i had some more btc, i'd be going nuts right now buying all this panic selling!
who wants to give me a loan Tongue

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:54:26 PM

yeah i've been buying up as much as i can. got a lot more buying than i did with mining from day one.
wish i had some more btc, i'd be going nuts right now buying all this panic selling!

Well now you have 9000.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:15:17 AM

Well UVC is at 143 on Mintpal now - let's keep voting and see how quickly we can get it in the top 20:)
curiouser

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:26:33 AM

Sooo...  there is this app called Moocho.  It's targeted at university students, and is live at 7 US schools.  I happen to live in the town of one of those, so I got the app when it was being promoted at a local restaurant.  It's pretty nice.  You can choose a merchant based on deals offered, or see if one you have in mind to go to is a Moocho participant.  If so, you click an icon, and your tab is open at that merchant until you close it.  At checkout, you just give your name, and the clerk finds you on their special Moocho tablet, and you're done.

Where I think UVC could come in is in relation to their promo points system, called "mooches".  Mooches can be redeemed for various things, either at participating merchants or at the Moocho store.

What if students (or anyone with the Moocho app) could buy mooches with UVC?  Moocho is a young company looking to expand, so might be open to such an angle, especially if they had free help with the software to implement it.

What do you think?
jollyriffic

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:32:48 AM

Well now you have 9000.

hot damn, thanks man!
Soul_eater_123 is my hero!

EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:13:15 AM

Same here very low mined but I have about 80k of these now. Fingers crossed it manages ro get back to its feet, still fell further overnight.

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:47:53 AM

Well now you have 9000.

hot damn, thanks man!
Soul_eater_123 is my hero!

Glad I could help:)
jollyriffic

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:20:28 PM

Same here very low mined but I have about 80k of these now. Fingers crossed it manages ro get back to its feet, still fell further overnight.

i think once we get the coins out of the hands of people that don't understand "coin value", we'll spring back up.
some extra news spreading around would also help.

i agree since mintpal changed their voting, it will be some time before we get on there. looks like they are trying to lure people into BTC votes now.

if you look at ClearWaterCoin
they have 160 bought votes and if you stripped each clicked vote then divide by 5 (the amount of times you can click on it previously) they only have 4443 votes clicked.
added together for a total of 4603

when you look at it that way its not so bad.

so for the time being, i think a focus on getting other sites using this coin would be a good idea.
there are many places you can buy things with different coins. so getting in with maybe a few of those would be very helpful.

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: