Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:51:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 402 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield  (Read 901796 times)
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:09:04 PM

Where the heck is all the hash on NAUT? The largest pool I can find is 70mhs but the network is reporting 2400 mhs??  My pool hasn't found a block in 15 hours.

Its one of the multi-pools.. not sure which one

If that's the case it's gotta be way over 51% of the total hash??  Like 80% or 90%?  Is this right?  Why is no one talking about this?

Because if it was an attack, it would be evident with forks already, thats not the case.
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:17:02 PM

Where the heck is all the hash on NAUT? The largest pool I can find is 70mhs but the network is reporting 2400 mhs??  My pool hasn't found a block in 15 hours.

If that's the case it's gotta be way over 51% of the total hash??  Like 80% or 90%?  Is this right?  Why is no one talking about this?

Ipominer is the multipool mining it with:  (MP) NAUT    913.1 MH/s    
Pyramusx

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Following on Twitter @pyramusx

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 02:28:57 PM

PoS Update

Sorry for the delay. Just checking with a couple devs to make sure we can code what I want to do with the PoS...I dont want to announce something that cannot be done.

BK

Thanks for the update!

BigDaddyWooWoo

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:35:52 PM

Because if it was an attack, it would be evident with forks already, thats not the case.

Well, I guess if nobody is worried about a fork I'm off to go mine on the multipool too!
CryptoLTD

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:43:45 PM

They pay in BTC not naut, so they profit on the price rises.. not you. ( im pretty sure thts how that works anyways )
BigDaddyWooWoo

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:04:48 PM

They pay in BTC not naut, so they profit on the price rises.. not you. ( im pretty sure thts how that works anyways )

This is incorrect.  Have you even been to this site? 

I am able to enter my NAUT address as the payout address.  There is nowhere to enter a BTC address for BTC payout.  I am building up a NAUT balance currently that I can cash out if I wish.  My old pool couldn't find a block so there is no sense in staying, particularly if there is no concern about forking the coin.
CryptoLTD

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:13:33 PM

I'm looking there now.. 3% fees.. seems a lil steep, and roughly, abt %40 or so of the total net hash.. No idea why any one would use a 3% fee pool, when you can pay 2% @ dedicated, or even 0% @ http://naut.0feepool.com/ , unless you want coins 'asap' to dump.. I want naut to hold... so.. may not be a good idea for me to mine there. Thnks for the 411 tho.
BigDaddyWooWoo

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:49:07 PM

I'm looking there now.. 3% fees.. seems a lil steep, and roughly, abt %40 or so of the total net hash.. No idea why any one would use a 3% fee pool, when you can pay 2% @ dedicated, or even 0% @ http://naut.0feepool.com/ , unless you want coins 'asap' to dump.. I want naut to hold... so.. may not be a good idea for me to mine there. Thnks for the 411 tho.

Naut.0feepool.com has not found a block in 18 hours and hash rate there is dropping.  People are leaving.  Nobody is mining at any of the other pools listed on the OP or on the website (some aren't even operational) so none of them are finding blocks either.  Dedicated has one miner.  3% of 300 coins a day is much better than 0% of 0 coins.

Been mining at ipominer for less than an hour and have 10 confirmed coins already.  You know how many I got from naut.0feepool.com overnight last night?  None.  I ain't the smartest guy in the world but the math ain't real hard on this one.
Doging

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:01:44 PM

I'll be moving to dedicated this evening then.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
CryptoLTD

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:09:15 PM

Naut.0feepool.com has not found a block in 18 hours and hash rate there is dropping.  People are leaving.  Nobody is mining at any of the other pools listed on the OP or on the website (some aren't even operational) so none of them are finding blocks either.  Dedicated has one miner.  3% of 300 coins a day is much better than 0% of 0 coins.

Been mining at ipominer for less than an hour and have 10 confirmed coins already.  You know how many I got from naut.0feepool.com overnight last night?  None.  I ain't the smartest guy in the world but the math ain't real hard on this one.

Its a smaller pool ( 0fee ), but they just broke the block, and if you were there now.. you would be raking it in.. its all in the luck of the blocks I suppose, Im in no rush to get my naut, I dont want to dump them.
BigDaddyWooWoo

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:30:56 PM

Its a smaller pool ( 0fee ), but they just broke the block, and if you were there now.. you would be raking it in.. its all in the luck of the blocks I suppose, Im in no rush to get my naut, I dont want to dump them.

I doubt many are mining NAUT to dump currently.  Not very profitable short term.  Most current miners have to be long term speculators.
FlyingMongoose

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:08:31 PM

I doubt many are mining NAUT to dump currently.  Not very profitable short term.  Most current miners have to be long term speculators.

NAUT is a long term hold coin, with the plans in place and being worked on, it has reached bottom barrel and I do not expect it to return... ever.

qoinpro.com/951c974b34f66cc68e805832df0c9d8c
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:45:12 PM

I agree, I am excited to see where it goes.

NAUT is a long term hold coin, with the plans in place and being worked on, it has reached bottom barrel and I do not expect it to return... ever.
slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:48:28 PM

i'm considering investing but I don't get the digishield even after reading the OP.

How do you stabilize price without btc but NAUT ?

Sorry if i'm dumb Cheesy
FlyingMongoose

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:28:01 PM

i'm considering investing but I don't get the digishield even after reading the OP.

How do you stabilize price without btc but NAUT ?

Sorry if i'm dumb Cheesy

Ultimately the stabilization fund is handled EXTREMELY carefully. The NAUT gets sold, and in turn buys back in (and of course vice veras, it has a constant flowing cycle between buys and sells. This fund is to help enforce that wild swings do not happen as crazy as other coins. Now this is the first coin to attempt this.

The point behind the NSF is that if a merchant ends up receiving "x naut" worth "x fiat" that merchant can immediately change that naut for that fiat (if they wish) and get their return on product sales without a loss.

Ultimately it's been established a 1% premine makes it VERY difficult to help enforce prices remain "calm" if you will. (also some early issues with the exchange agx kind of caused some problems, but now the NSF trades on any exchange), what the NSF can do, however, is create "speed bumps" that will help to prevent wild swings, at least for a period of time. It must also be pointed out (as BK has stated) the NSF will buy and sell at ANY price. So whether NAUT is worth 10k satoshi, or 100k satoshi, the NSF will still be buying AND selling.

Basically the NSF does have both BTC and NAUT due to the cycle.

The reason behind the NSF is merchant acceptance. Bitcoin itself went from over $1k in september of last year, down to $420 just a few weeks ago. If a merchant were to have sold something for BTC in september based on the value then, but waited to cash in until now, they'd obviously be at a loss.

Many small businesses have a safe for cash, and at the end of the day the business owner often takes cash from that safe, and takes it to the bank.
The basic idea behind the NSF is that when a business person takes their NAUT to the bank at the end of the day, they end up receiving the worth of the naut as of the time the transaction took place.

Now, digishield has to do with block targeting and difficulties, but it can't prevent dumps.

As above stated, 1% premine makes it really difficult to enforce this, tack on the massive dumpers thanks to multipools, and it's even more difficult, but ultimately the idea can be sound, this also can make NAUT more attractive to merchants. And as I stated in a previous post, I could come up with the greatest invention ever, but it's worthless unless someone buys it.

Now, I'm not saying NAUT is worthless in fact i think it's very valuable (and undervalued right now), I just wanted to provide examples.
With not only with the NSF, but tack on the active contact BK has had with the community, and with trying to get payment processors, plus wall street connections (he's planning something he's called "Sponsorship" and we're all waiting with baited breath on what that is), I see this coin skyrocketing, and never falling back below 10k again.

dwminer1

Activity: 1848
Merit: 530

The OGz Club

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 10:58:06 PM

Any news about POS?

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
FlyingMongoose

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:05:17 PM

Any news about POS?

Most recent post by BK on PoS is this:
PoS Update

Sorry for the delay. Just checking with a couple devs to make sure we can code what I want to do with the PoS...I dont want to announce something that cannot be done.

BK

With it taking this much time, this could be a way different proof of stake method than we've seen before, but I can't say for sure.

CryptoLTD

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:10:46 PM

With WHAT taking 'this much time' it was mentioned literaly DAYS ago. Calm down.
dwminer1

Activity: 1848
Merit: 530

The OGz Club

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 11:11:10 PM

Any news about POS?

Most recent post by BK on PoS is this:
PoS Update

BK

With it taking this much time, this could be a way different proof of stake method than we've seen before, but I can't say for sure.

It will be great  Wink

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
FlyingMongoose

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:12:57 PM

With WHAT taking 'this much time' it was mentioned literaly DAYS ago. Calm down.

Actually Proof of Stake was CONSIDERED as of the launch of the coin (it's in the OP), but no information about it was given. It was only CONFIRMED as a plan a couple days ago.

It ultimately means it's been about 1 month of decision making on how, and when to implement Proof of Stake.

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 402 »
  Print  

Jump to: