Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:36:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 402 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield  (Read 901796 times)
cypz

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:38:54 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the HASH rate and the pool going down.  I have not mined the coin since the pre-mine (I wanted to make sure there was fair distribution) but to keep the blocks moving I will personally rent a miner and use the blocks mined for the NSF

-BK

nice one BK!!

can you give us a few hints on what ur plan is for this week ahead so we can help in any way

In the short run, I am using Eobot.com to mine NAUT.  The operator is fantastic and for someone who is less technical like me it is very easy to get up and running.  

Can anyone tell me how many GHS I will need to get things moving again?

Plan for this week:  

#1 Priority is PoS, this has been taking way too long and as the creator of the coin I take full responsibility for the delay. I have been working on things that I am an expert at, but obviously I need to focus all my energy on the switch.

That sounds fatastic! PoS will give us more time to do other things, as it will help stabilize the price and secure the network while infrastructure is built Smiley Also there seems to be a PoS multipool in the works over at http://www.nautpool.com/ I don't know if you're involved in the building of it BK, but regardless it will help both the prize and the volume once it's up and running. For people in this thread who are new to this, a PoS multipool will mine other coins and use the BTC generated to buy the PoS coin in question. This means that the price is constantly being pushed upwards by the buy pressure generated, rather than pushed down as is happening during PoW.

Also I've talked to a couple of people about helping us out with PR, and I've contacted a few businesses about accepting Nautiluscoin payments. Nothing is final yet but if anything crystallizes I'll update everyone here immediately (after running it through with BK first if it's something big of course).
Smiley  

I am not involved in the PoS Multipool - this is the first I even heard about this type of ppol existing - BUT I really like the idea, it fits in perfectly with the goal on constantly supporting the coin.  

Do we need more than one?

Bk the more POS multipools the better imo

when POS is implemented there could be an official "nautipool" that works together with the NSF to bring stable price appreciation with systematic buying and selling in a transparent fashion.

this may get miners of all algo's great returns on their investments and stop panic sellers cashing to bitcoin as they know the price will appreciate along side bitcoin its self.

then if there is some way to go straight from naut to fiat in a liquid fashion and vice versa with a secure web wallet that stakes for you in POS mode, youll have a much easier time selling the whole concept of investing in crypto to ur wall street buddies and investors in ur company right now.  

oh also http://www.legiondev.co/ did the blackcoin multipool might be somthing to check out as they have done an amazing job on that site front end and back end. something to think about =)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCrawl

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:04:39 PM

Guys, I talked to Coinkite and asked them about integrating Naut in their terminals. They said that they would look at adding another coin later in the year, but that they would consider adding us earlier if we could bring in more than 250 terminal purchases by merchants. I don't know if Naut is big enough for that just yet, and since BK has a deal going with Moolah that should be announced soon it might be a good idea to lay low on that for now. What do you guys think? Moolah is after all one of the big three payment processing companies for alt coin so working with them will bring us a long way.

Once things start to pick up steam it will be very easy to work with other payment processors. This happened with Dogecoin a few months ago actually. Their collaboration with Moolah became so popular that GoCoin added them as their first alt coin. I can see something very similar happening with Naut, only even more so as Naut is much more aimed at merchant acceptance and business use.
BK_PHI (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:21:34 PM

Guys, I talked to Coinkite and asked them about integrating Naut in their terminals. They said that they would look at adding another coin later in the year, but that they would consider adding us earlier if we could bring in more than 250 terminal purchases by merchants. I don't know if Naut is big enough for that just yet, and since BK has a deal going with Moolah that should be announced soon it might be a good idea to lay low on that for now. What do you guys think? Moolah is after all one of the big three payment processing companies for alt coin so working with them will bring us a long way.

Once things start to pick up steam it will be very easy to work with other payment processors. This happened with Dogecoin a few months ago actually. Their collaboration with Moolah became so popular that GoCoin added them as their first alt coin. I can see something very similar happening with Naut, only even more so as Naut is much more aimed at merchant acceptance and business use.

Thanks for reaching out to them.  I too reached out and got the same answer, but like you said if we can get the NAUT ecosystem big enough payment processors will come knocking on our door.
BTCrawl

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:44:46 PM

Thanks for reaching out to them.  I too reached out and got the same answer, but like you said if we can get the NAUT ecosystem big enough payment processors will come knocking on our door.
Happy to help! :-) Sorry I couldn't get a more positive response from them. Moolah is great however and one of the reason why Dogecoin did as well as it did.
BK_PHI (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:26:43 PM

Just a heads up - we received a bunch of orders for shirts and have sold out.  I am re-ordering, but it will take 7-10 days to get them printed.  If you just ordered recently it may take 2 weeks to get them out to you.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I a very glad people are representing!

-BK
FlyingMongoose

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:29:49 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 04:43:58 PM by FlyingMongoose

I've come up with a css theme for NAUT's reddit page. a little less bland if you ask me

Click here to view it

So whoever's managing that subreddit right now, please contact me, I'll provide the css.
IMAGEREMOVED
+1 FlyingMongoose
I've come up with a css theme for NAUT's reddit page. a little less bland if you ask me

Click here to view it

So whoever's managing that subreddit right now, please contact me, I'll provide the css.

Great work flyingmongoose i think it looks really professional!!  ..also i think mthompson362 over on reddit seems to be the admin.

Yeah it looks like it. I dropped him a message after I posted here and on the subreddit. I want to make sure there is communication before I post him the CSS.

Thanks for compliments too.

If anyone wants to send some naut my way for it they're welcome to, but I don't expect it:
NZwuGk2BUoMyx2a3YbMiUxret8H45geHZ8

qoinpro.com/951c974b34f66cc68e805832df0c9d8c
Lord Of The Internet

Activity: 204

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:38:38 PM

Click here to view it

Great work flyingmongoose i think it looks really professional!!  ..also i think mthompson362 over on reddit seems to be the admin.

+1   Cheesy

Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 09:17:50 PM

Here is some encouraging news for the coin : http://www.reddit.com/r/nautiluscoin/comments/28b8qf/announcing_nautiluscontent/  Grin

FlyingMongoose

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:24:15 PM

Definitely great news :-)

4jefflee

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:47:45 PM

It is really welcome news. A market need the size of an ocean just waiting for the plucking and naut got it. It's a little sad that the market will only respond positively to the POS news when it breaks, and not actual real world implementation... The culture is shifting though. Crypto needs some fresh blood participants who are not habituated to an endless cycle of pump and dumps.
BK_PHI (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:42:18 PM

very cool idea!!  this is the type of thing that will sustain NAUT in the long run, I know we all want a nice price pop, but once that happens we need an ecosystem like this to sustain the coin.
cypz

Activity: 195

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:34:54 AM

heres the text for ppl to lazy to click the link =)

-------
http://www.reddit.com/r/nautiluscoin/comments/28b8qf/announcing_nautiluscontent/
-------
Announcing NautilusContent: self.nautiluscoin
submitted 3 hours ago by NautilusContent
I’m pleased to announce the development of NautilusContent. Taking a page from the playbook of Associated Content (purchased by Yahoo! and rebranded as the Yahoo! Voices publishing network), NautilusContent will be a home for high quality user generated content—and content creators will be paid for their work and creativity in Nautiluscoin. Eventually, the best work published on NautilusContent will also find its way onto a number of syndicated partner web sites as well.
NautilusContent will focus on original first person reporting, commentary, engaging video, livestream events—and of course insightful coverage of the crypto world.
We have a few fun twists to the Associated Content model. First: contributors are required to include a Nautiluscoin address with their submission: this enables readers (and NautilusContent editors) to tip you for work they’ve enjoyed. Good writers will receive tips from readers even months after their piece has originally posted. Second: algorithmic ordering for stories based on Nautiluscoin data (most tipped story over the past 24h, for ex).
Although Bitcoin is tackling the credit card payments and PayPal space aggressively with companies such as BitPay and Coinbase—which is 100% worthwhile—I see an equally juicy opportunity to modernize digital content services. We should do it now, because we can do it now.
As a former freelancer and long-time “media person,” I know the frustrations that content creators face: we aren’t always paid for our work, and when we are, the check sometimes arrives months later. Media companies aren’t too quick to open the purse strings. Crypto solves this problem and allows a well-funded, well-edited news site the ability to tip writers immediately, pay generous bounties for stories that are underreported, and make readers a valuable part of the process.
Funding & timeline
This project is privately funded, and thus there is no need for crowd funding. Additionally, a 2,000 NAUT fund has been set aside to tip initial writers between 1 and 100 NAUT per accepted piece (dependent on length, editorial need, and other factors). Another 5,000 NAUT has been earmarked to pay for the design and development of the site. I’d prefer to use a designer within the crypto community—you already drink the Kool Aid—and this is the perfect design gig for someone who sees this coin’s potential, and wants a way to accrue a lot of coins before the inevitable drift upward. Please send me some prior design work and/or mock ups if you’re interested in joining the team. david@nautiluscontent.com
The stated development timeline is 60 days: within that period of time, the service will launch. I could narrow this timeline, but as I’m already working non-stop on the podcast I want there to be enough time for us to create something beautiful, simple, and high impact—the kind of Internet brand that will be around for many years to come.
The first few months of operation we’ll rely on human editors. Over time, I’d like to reduce this reliance and apply an algorithmic model. We can rank the most popular stories by which ones are receiving the most NAUTs from reader tips, for example, as well as rank by traffic over past 24h, etc.
Why Nautiluscoin?
Choosing NAUT as the backbone for this new digital content venture was not a decision arrived at hastily—I researched a number of coins, and was impressed by several of them. Ultimately, however, I couldn’t go with anything else: Nautiluscoin is an alt coin with a U.S. physical address, a founder who appears on CNBC every week, and uses a time-tested algorithm with some important tweaks. In addition, I’m impressed by the performance and transparency of NAUT’s actively managed stabilization fund: the digital content platform will be much easier to run if creators can be paid and tipped out in a stable currency. Although I don’t read code, I have spoken to people who do, and I’ve spoken to currency developers to get their take on this coin—to make sure I’m not wrong, in other words. I also had the creator, Brian Kelly, on my show to ask him some lingering questions I had. (Full interview can be heard here: https://soundcloud.com/d_seaman/bitcoin-believer-and-cnbc-fast-money-trader-brian-kelly)
I was impressed with his answers, his whole approach to crypto, and his laser like focus on getting a USD -> NAUT on-ramp ASAP.
Future opportunities
As NautilusContent shows signs of success, we’ll be expanding the idea into other areas ripe for disruption. One of those areas is iTunes: it’s a corporate middleman between artist and listener, one that need not exist in a world where instant/non-reversible payments to artists directly from listeners are now possible. It is not a coincidence that nautilustunes.com was registered at around the same time as nautiluscontent.com.
As of early last year, iTunes had already sold 25 billion songs over its platform. We can do very well by empowering musicians to get paid for their content, immediately and without Apple’s cut. Even grabbing a small piece of the legal digital downloads pie turns NAUT into a high transaction volume coin.
What you can do
As the project is privately funded and will be a for profit venture, the best thing you can do is simply support it when it launches—check out the great articles and fun video discussions we put up, tip the writers you enjoy reading with NAUTs as that will encourage them to submit more content. And of course I welcome your ideas, shoot me an email or find me on Twitter (@d_seaman).
There will also be a live NautilusContent “Keynote Address” in early September anyone can watch and participate in - We’ll use that as an opportunity to highlight other projects in the works for NAUT, and rally the community around those ventures as well.
David
-------

open82buy

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:33:03 AM

Just a heads up - we received a bunch of orders for shirts and have sold out.  I am re-ordering, but it will take 7-10 days to get them printed.  If you just ordered recently it may take 2 weeks to get them out to you.

-BK

BK, do you ship to the UK?

very cool idea!!  this is the type of thing that will sustain NAUT in the long run, I know we all want a nice price pop, but once that happens we need an ecosystem like this to sustain the coin.

Agree, I will be tipping the writers of articles to show support. Wink
IncreaseMyT

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 02:03:48 AM

Moon time soon Grin
FlyingMongoose

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:34:17 AM

Just a heads up - we received a bunch of orders for shirts and have sold out.  I am re-ordering, but it will take 7-10 days to get them printed.  If you just ordered recently it may take 2 weeks to get them out to you.

-BK

very cool idea!!  this is the type of thing that will sustain NAUT in the long run, I know we all want a nice price pop, but once that happens we need an ecosystem like this to sustain the coin.

I wrote one of the first third party articles that had at least a bit of a concentration on NAUT over at this site: http://www.examiner.com/article/virtual-currencies-the-good-the-bad-and-the-money a bit of naivity in functionality of the coin at first, but brought some additional attention.

Always welcome to tip directly Wink NZwuGk2BUoMyx2a3YbMiUxret8H45geHZ8 of course, I just do these things primarily because I believe in the coin and goals behind it, so I don't want anyone to feel obligated.

Also. Still no communication on implementing new CSS for reddit

kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:15:54 AM

To the guy asking if they ship to the UK... they ship worldwide..
If you have a postal service, you'll get a shirt..

The next 24 hours are critical!
open82buy

Activity: 695

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:04:17 AM

Just a heads up - we received a bunch of orders for shirts and have sold out.  I am re-ordering, but it will take 7-10 days to get them printed.  If you just ordered recently it may take 2 weeks to get them out to you.

-BK

very cool idea!!  this is the type of thing that will sustain NAUT in the long run, I know we all want a nice price pop, but once that happens we need an ecosystem like this to sustain the coin.

I wrote one of the first third party articles that had at least a bit of a concentration on NAUT over at this site: http://www.examiner.com/article/virtual-currencies-the-good-the-bad-and-the-money a bit of naivity in functionality of the coin at first, but brought some additional attention.

Always welcome to tip directly Wink NZwuGk2BUoMyx2a3YbMiUxret8H45geHZ8 of course, I just do these things primarily because I believe in the coin and goals behind it, so I don't want anyone to feel obligated.

Also. Still no communication on implementing new CSS for reddit

Shit damn blast FlyingMongoose that's a good article, now I feel "obligated" to send you a tip  Wink
Now in a restaurant it's 10% but what % do you tip for an article? Especially when you consider what NAUT will be worth in a few months time. Pizza and BTC comes to mind, while I am on this point
200 NAUT for a T-Shirt?? GULP, SPLUTTER Hummmmmm I will have to think about that.   Cry

Pyramusx

Activity: 379

Following on Twitter @pyramusx

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 01:00:28 PM

Shit damn blast FlyingMongoose that's a good article, now I feel "obligated" to send you a tip  Wink
Now in a restaurant it's 10% but what % do you tip for an article? Especially when you consider what NAUT will be worth in a few months time. Pizza and BTC comes to mind, while I am on this point
200 NAUT for a T-Shirt?? GULP, SPLUTTER Hummmmmm I will have to think about that.   Cry

The shirt is cool enough that so what if you technically end up spending 200 dollars for it @ $1 = 1 NAUT later on

asnghost

Activity: 258

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:38:51 PM

The shirt is cool enough that so what if you technically end up spending 200 dollars for it @ $1 = 1 NAUT later on

you make BK very happy then  Tongue

FlyingMongoose

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:53:43 PM

you make BK very happy then  Tongue

I don't work for Nautiluscoin. In just a huge supporter.

Also the shirt printing company only a accepts fiat BK posted this in an earlier post when the t-shirts were first posted. Because of that any T-shirt orders have to have the NAUT exchanged. BK pointed out that any difference in the cost if the value of NAUT dropped would be covered by him personally. Obviously as with most manufacturers the more you order from them the lower the price but I'm sure that ends up applying based on grosses.

Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 402 »
  Print  

Jump to: