Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:43:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RLT] Roulettecoin | POW | New algo | No premine | GPU miner  (Read 23233 times)
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:37:36 AM

Mining with the wallet on the same rig mining another scrypt coin lowers my cgminer hashrate by almost 50%. This doesn't happen with any other coin I mine using a standalone CPU miner.

Thats what I'm doing. I have one wallet on each of my rigs and one on this computer.  Grin To fix the 50% problem just mine with 1 less CPU thread.

How do you change threadcount on the wallet debug window?

setgenerate true 4 or whatever amount of cores you have.

Thanks that worked. I use gen=1 in the wallet conf to automatically start mining without launching the wallet debug console. Is there a  way to set the number pf cores automatically using the wallet conf file?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roulettecoin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:41:48 AM

Are you jackpot coin dev ?
No, this is our first coin release ever.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:42:10 AM

Mining with the wallet on the same rig mining another scrypt coin lowers my cgminer hashrate by almost 50%. This doesn't happen with any other coin I mine using a standalone CPU miner.

Thats what I'm doing. I have one wallet on each of my rigs and one on this computer.  Grin To fix the 50% problem just mine with 1 less CPU thread.

Thanks that worked. I use gen=1 in the wallet conf to automatically start mining. Is the any way to set the number pf cores automatically using the wallet conf file?

Yup, that one is easy too. genproclimit=4

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 12:48:00 AM

sorry won't mine a so called cpu only coin, made by a gpu miner dev.  Grin
(who will release a bad gpu version while keeping for him the good... may-be not true but there is always a risk..)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:54:32 AM

Thats what I'm doing. I have one wallet on each of my rigs and one on this computer.  Grin To fix the 50% problem just mine with 1 less CPU thread.

Thanks that worked. I use gen=1 in the wallet conf to automatically start mining. Is the any way to set the number pf cores automatically using the wallet conf file?

Yup, that one is easy too. genproclimit=4

Thanks. I'm mining on a dual-core rig. Mining with standalone cpu miners I can run the -t 3 setting without affecting the hash of another coin using cgminer. Mining with the wallet I can only set it to 1 without lowering the hash of the other coin so i'm guessing you can only set the number of cores when mining with the wallet, not the number of cpu threads (2 threads per cpu core) like you can with a standalone cpu miner.
roulettecoin (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:03:15 AM

oh please.

Cute idea and it's going to make the GPU fun, but this is a bogus claim.

Process roughly 4096 keys at a time in 16 different workgroups, each working on a specific algorithm, shuffling the keys between them as they switch between rounds.  Requires a little more attention paid to global memory use because the keys are probably too big to fit in local, but there's nothing fundamentally hard about this coin.
Sorry, we don't get it, could you elaborate? Especially on how are you going to synchronize these workgroups and what do you mean by shuffling the keys between them? Shuffling like moving them around in a global memory? Or perhaps draw the general idea, a picture would make it more clear.
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 01:27:21 AM

oh please.

Process roughly 4096 keys at a time in 16 different workgroups, each working on a specific algorithm, shuffling the keys between them as they switch between rounds.  Requires a little more attention paid to global memory use because the keys are probably too big to fit in local, but there's nothing fundamentally hard about this coin.
Sorry, we don't get it, could you elaborate? Especially on how are you going to synchronize these workgroups and what do you mean by shuffling the keys between them? Shuffling like moving them around in a global memory? Or perhaps draw the general idea, a picture would make it more clear.

1. Have 16 regions of global memory, one per hash function to compute.  Each region can store, say, N keys.
2.  Define a function that groups keys by their low-order 4 bits using local memory, for a workgroup.  Call this put_keys_in_bins().
   The result of calling put_keys_in_bins is that all 256 of the keys computed by a workgroup will be placed into the appropriate regions of global memory.
3.  Compute a lot of sha512 hashes for a lot of keys and call put_keys_in_bins().
for i = 0; i < 16; i++ { 
   for algo = 0; algo < 16; algo++ {
     invoke hash_algo on bin[algo]
   put_keys_in_bins for all of those keys again.
   }
}

I'll stop doing your homework for you at this point.  There are plenty of GPU devs who could do this.  the choice of Echo makes it a little problematic for C&C to destroy this coin in a few days, but if anyone would like to place bets.... :-)

MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:00:32 AM

Well I managed to mine 3700RLT on a first gen Core i7 before the difficulty jumped. Not too bad, thats 74 blocks. That instamine was fun, thanks devs.

PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:02:47 AM

Well I managed to mine 3700RLT on a first gen Core i7 before the difficulty jumped. Not too bad, thats 74 blocks. That instamine was fun, thanks devs.

beat my ivy i5
roulettecoin (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:18:32 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 07:04:24 AM by roulettecoin

oh please.

Process roughly 4096 keys at a time in 16 different workgroups, each working on a specific algorithm, shuffling the keys between them as they switch between rounds.  Requires a little more attention paid to global memory use because the keys are probably too big to fit in local, but there's nothing fundamentally hard about this coin.

1. Have 16 regions of global memory, one per hash function to compute.  Each region can store, say, N keys.
2.  Define a function that groups keys by their low-order 4 bits using local memory, for a workgroup.  Call this put_keys_in_bins().
   The result of calling put_keys_in_bins is that all 256 of the keys computed by a workgroup will be placed into the appropriate regions of global memory.
3.  Compute a lot of sha512 hashes for a lot of keys and call put_keys_in_bins().
for i = 0; i < 16; i++ {  
   }
}

I'll stop doing your homework for you at this point.  There are plenty of GPU devs who could do this.  the choice of Echo makes it a little problematic for C&C to destroy this coin in a few days, but if anyone would like to place bets.... :-)

OK, we get it now. Looks promising, we will try to apply this optimization in a GPU miner.
DishCatcher

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:02:14 AM

interesting.
lets wait and see how long it takes before a gpuminer come up.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 08:13:25 AM

oh please.

Process roughly 4096 keys at a time in 16 different workgroups, each working on a specific algorithm, shuffling the keys between them as they switch between rounds.  Requires a little more attention paid to global memory use because the keys are probably too big to fit in local, but there's nothing fundamentally hard about this coin.

1. Have 16 regions of global memory, one per hash function to compute.  Each region can store, say, N keys.
2.  Define a function that groups keys by their low-order 4 bits using local memory, for a workgroup.  Call this put_keys_in_bins().
3.  Compute a lot of sha512 hashes for a lot of keys and call put_keys_in_bins().
for i = 0; i < 16; i++ {  
   }
}

I'll stop doing your homework for you at this point.  There are plenty of GPU devs who could do this.  the choice of Echo makes it a little problematic for C&C to destroy this coin in a few days, but if anyone would like to place bets.... :-)

OK, we get it now. Looks promising, we will try to apply this optimization in a GPU miner.

I've got a python module ready for testing .. I'd just need a cpu/gpuminer with your algo implemented, let me know or pm me when you got something, so I can set up a pool.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
roulettecoin (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:14:37 AM

I've got a python module ready for testing .. I'd just need a cpu/gpuminer with your algo implemented, let me know or pm me when you got something, so I can set up a pool.
Note that Roulettecoin has 88 bytes long block headers, there are two extra fields reserved for future use. They shall be set to 0 now. We created an initial unoptimized standalone cpuminer: https://github.com/roulettecoin/roulettecoin-cpuminer. During testing the miner we found a bug in wallet's getwork implementation that was preventing extra fields from being set to 0 when sending new work via RPC. It's fixed in current source, so anyone wanting to use getwork shall recompile. We'll make a new binary release later today.
MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:19:36 AM

Note that Roulettecoin has 88 bytes long block headers, there are two extra fields reserved for future use. They shall be set to 0 now. We created an initial unoptimized standalone cpuminer: https://github.com/roulettecoin/roulettecoin-cpuminer. During testing the miner we found a bug in wallet's getwork implementation that was preventing extra fields from being set to 0 when sending new work via RPC. It's fixed in current source, so anyone wanting to use getwork shall recompile. We'll make a new binary release later today.

Great, will you be compiling the stand alone miner as well?
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 11:34:37 AM

Great, i will recompile and Do some testing now

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
roulettecoin (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:57:52 AM

Great, will you be compiling the stand alone miner as well?
For Windows 64-bit? We can try, but can't promise anything.
ig0tik3d
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:05:48 PM

Great, i will recompile and Do some testing now
shit)) i waste more time to make cpu miner and have only rejects, but problem was in wallet with rpc, nice devs)))
roulettecoin (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:13:42 PM

shit)) i waste more time to make cpu miner and have only rejects, but problem was in wallet with rpc, nice devs)))
Our fault, sorry about that.
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:44:08 PM

New coin with no instruction ? No information about .conf file no RPC port, nothing? A coin only for expert then? Or it is a joke coin?
roulettecoin (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:54:52 PM

New coin with no instruction ? No information about .conf file no RPC port, nothing? A coin only for expert then? Or it is a joke coin?
You don't need to set anything in conf file to use Roulettecoin wallet or solo mine with the wallet. Information about port numbers is provided in opening message, read it carefully.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: