Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:56:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Show on OnlyOneTV.com  (Read 53394 times)
Colargol

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 04:50:57 PM

You ever consider that perhaps he thinks you guys demanding answers are just not worth any of his time. There are A LOT of egocentric types on this forum...

I am very surprised that there are still people who will defend him after the heaps of evidence of his crimes. If you refuse to consider all of that, or even acknowledge it, then it seems you may be the one who needs to deal with egocentricity.

It is beyond the stage where we need any more "answers" from him.  

Please donate a few pennies to the singing and dancing bear:
1KUsZU8GkUAQJH5ryqSFtTJGgFtqJnsedE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlockHash

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 04:52:31 PM

You guys gotta understand that this isn't like a real show where enough outraged viewers can call the sponsors and have them put pressure on the makers.  None of the advertisers is a big enough name to have their reputation "tarnished" by sponsoring a con man's internet show, and even if they were, the viewership is basically nonexistent, so who's going to see it?  If you call them and tell them about the scams, they'll just think, "oh, I didn't know that, and next time he calls me for money, I'll say no", and he'll continue showing their ads whether they're paying him or not, because having sponsors is worth more to him (since it provides the appearance of legitimacy) than it is to them.

This is like the local hardware store sponsoring a little league team.  Calling the hardware store and telling them that the star player was caught cheating in school does not make them go into damage control mode and have their name removed from the uniforms.

Still, it makes sense if this community is ever going to mature to start making their voice a source of power to the commercial, retail, and services side of the Bitcoin market. If anything, it does them a favor by not getting them involved with a conman.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 04:53:39 PM

Regardless of what he may have done in the past, his show still provides a great forum to discuss Bitcoin news and for business types to announce their new ideas and products. So I still support him and am glad he's continuing to do the show. Frankly, I think he has done way more for bitcoin and its surrounding businesses than most people here, scammer or not.

His show provides a great forum for him to continue to scam people. What ever good he may have done (and I don't think his pump and dump ways did Bitcoin any good, although some speculators may have made some money ) has gone right out the window. For him to continue to act like some spokesman will continue to harm Bitoin's rep when people find out about his scams and associate that with Bitcoin itself.

Saw him pumping, but haven't seen him dumping, and since he hasn't sold his used-to-be 25k bitcoin, the drop was hurting him too.
I havent really seen any attempts to scam people on his show. Perhaps he could do some scamming by overcharging admission for another BitcoinConference? And sure, his past may influence people about Bitcoin, but I still find that as likely as Glen Beck's past and present scammy performances influencing people with regards to buying gold.
Finally, one thing that was never answered is, even if the court found his business to be scamming people, there has never been a description/explanation of how the scam is supposed to have worked. Specifically, there is no mention of how he planned to actually get away with having people send him money and not provide them with any services, without him even bothering to run or hide with the money. Makes me think the scam was either the stupidest planned scam ever, or the stupidest business fuck up ever.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 04:56:17 PM

You guys gotta understand that this isn't like a real show where enough outraged viewers can call the sponsors and have them put pressure on the makers.  None of the advertisers is a big enough name to have their reputation "tarnished" by sponsoring a con man's internet show, and even if they were, the viewership is basically nonexistent, so who's going to see it?  If you call them and tell them about the scams, they'll just think, "oh, I didn't know that, and next time he calls me for money, I'll say no", and he'll continue showing their ads whether they're paying him or not, because having sponsors is worth more to him (since it provides the appearance of legitimacy) than it is to them.

This is like the local hardware store sponsoring a little league team.  Calling the hardware store and telling them that the star player was caught cheating in school does not make them go into damage control mode and have their name removed from the uniforms.

Exactly. That's have a look at these sponsors.

MtGox.com - A trading card exchange playing at being a bank

MezeGrill.com - a little gyros grill (like most of these likely a front for the Turkish Mafia.)

BitBrew.net - a coffee shop

Bit-pay.com - a provider of payment solutions ONLY applicable to the BTC market (they also have no company adress, phone number or anything else a "company" like that would have)
BlockHash

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 04:59:04 PM

Regardless of what he may have done in the past, his show still provides a great forum to discuss Bitcoin news and for business types to announce their new ideas and products. So I still support him and am glad he's continuing to do the show. Frankly, I think he has done way more for bitcoin and its surrounding businesses than most people here, scammer or not.

His show provides a great forum for him to continue to scam people. What ever good he may have done (and I don't think his pump and dump ways did Bitcoin any good, although some speculators may have made some money ) has gone right out the window. For him to continue to act like some spokesman will continue to harm Bitoin's rep when people find out about his scams and associate that with Bitcoin itself.

Finally, one thing that was never answered is, even if the court found his business to be scamming people, there has never been a description/explanation of how the scam is supposed to have worked. Specifically, there is no mention of how he planned to actually get away with having people send him money and not provide them with any services, without him even bothering to run or hide with the money. Makes me think the scam was either the stupidest planned scam ever, or the stupidest business fuck up ever.

Which might be why he fled the state and didn't attend any of his own hearings. The scam was supposed to work because the victims had supposedly signed away their rights by acknowledging that there was no guarantee for the services provided. Of course, such a contract is illegal, but a scammer counts on his marks not being smart enough to recognize that and just think "Oh shucks, at least they tried" when they never did.
Colargol

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 05:00:49 PM

Well then greyhawk don't contact them and express your concerns.

Do you have a problem if I go ahead and do that?

greyhawk

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 05:02:25 PM

Why should I? It's a free market.  Grin
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 05:02:50 PM

You ever consider that perhaps he thinks you guys demanding answers are just not worth any of his time. There are A LOT of egocentric types on this forum...

I am very surprised that there are still people who will defend him after the heaps of evidence of his crimes. If you refuse to consider all of that, or even acknowledge it, then it seems you may be the one who needs to deal with egocentricity.

It is beyond the stage where we need any more "answers" from him.  

So, should he bother coming on here and answering the questions from self-important people? Or should he not bother, since there is so much evidence that answers are not needed any more?
Personally, I don't think he should bother, because everyone has already made up their mind.
and yes, I have considered and aknowledged the evidence. My point is that, even the questions about evidence aside, his Bitcoin activities have not been bad in any way so far (except for MyBitcoin fiasco that screwed everyone). It's like, getting caught receiving a bj in the office does not automatically make you a bad president kind of thing.
aq

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 05:05:04 PM

+1
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 05:05:57 PM

Make sure to let them know how much of their products you've bought, and how much their decision will influence your future purchases  Grin
Colargol

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 05:06:17 PM

Did you read what I had to say? You don't have to.  But why does it seem you are trying to talk others out of that?

greyhawk

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 05:07:54 PM

Did you read what I had to say? You don't have to.  But why does it seem you are trying to talk others out of that?

It's because I'm Bruce in disguise.
Colargol

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 05:10:19 PM

Make sure to let them know how much of their products you've bought, and how much their decision will influence your future purchases  Grin

Well duh!  I may be a self-important person who cares about self-appointed spokesmen being scammers but I do know how boycotts work.  Tongue

greyhawk

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 05:11:38 PM

Here, have some more people to write to:

I did some more digging into onlyonetv. There was a show on these days promoting some Daniel Vitalis, a known seller of snake oil and quack medicine.

Now Vitalis has his own show on a radio/podcast network called oneradionetwork.com. Sound familiar?

It get's better. oneradionetwork is filled with shows for medical quacks, 9/11 conspiracy theorists, ESP proponents and so on and so on.

In February 2011 oneradionetworks owner Patrick Timpone hosted a show on a new intriguing currency called Bitcoin. The guest that was invited to promote Bitcoin? Bruce Wagner.

In July 2011 onlyonetv had a Bitcoin show (episode 16) about a new show to be launched on onlyonetv. The guest that was invited to promote that show? Patrick Timpone.

This is not just Bruce and Ed. There's a whole network of quacks, paranoids, fraudsters etc connected to this.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 05:13:57 PM

Which might be why he fled the state and didn't attend any of his own hearings. The scam was supposed to work because the victims had supposedly signed away their rights by acknowledging that there was no guarantee for the services provided. Of course, such a contract is illegal, but a scammer counts on his marks not being smart enough to recognize that and just think "Oh shucks, at least they tried" when they never did.

This is your word (scam) over his (overwhelmed before we knew what hit us. I'm not taking either. Yours because it's just assumption/speculation, his because of shady marketing strategies. I guess I am also willing to ignore this, as long as I keep a healthy dose of skepticism about him.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 05:17:05 PM

Well duh!  I may be a self-important person who cares about self-appointed spokesmen being scammers but I do know how boycotts work.  Tongue

I'm always reminded of when the Baptists made a grandiose showing of boycotting Disney over gay issues. Few years later, they sent a letter to Disney threatening to continue their boycott, and Disney looked at their income statement, and said, "Uh... who are you again?"
aq

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 05:18:40 PM

Apparently most of the anti Bruce fraction in here believes that Bruce has some mythical powers. It seems they really believe that Bruce can steal their coins by doing his "bitcoin show". That is the only explanation why so much of them are afraid of Bruce. Same thing as in in the late middle ages.
wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 05:22:47 PM

What sponsors? The Meze Grill thing? That's a dinky little take-out joint like a Fish & Chips shop in London or a Currywurstbude in Berlin or a Döner Kebap place.

MtGox.com
info@mtgox.com

Bit-pay.com
info@bit-pay.com

MezeGrill.com
http://mezegrill.com/contact_us.html

BitBrew.net
http://bitbrew.net/contact

I think it's time for the Bitcoin community to organize a boycott of Mt.Gox if they want to sponsor the guy who encouraged everyone to put their coins in the MyBitcoin scam and continued plugging them on his show for weeks after people were telling him about problems they were having. Sure, Mt.Gox once had no real competition and we had no choice. Now we have several choices. Mt.Gox isn't some dinky sponsor, either. They have quite a bit of cash to pay Bruce for the marketing -- and we know they weren't spending it on security or customer service. Ask anyone who submitted ticket after ticket only to have them closed with no resolution and being told to submit it again if they still had a problem.

Bruce gets in trouble and flies to Tokyo. Not sure I can buy that as 'coincidence' really.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
greyhawk

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 05:23:52 PM

Apparently most of the anti Bruce fraction in here believes that Bruce has some mythical powers. It seems they really believe that Bruce can steal their coins by doing his "bitcoin show". That is the only explanation why so much of them are afraid of Bruce. Same thing as in in the late middle ages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjV3wdXDHDk
lettucebee

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 05:32:30 PM

It get's better. oneradionetwork is filled with shows for medical quacks, 9/11 conspiracy theorists, ESP proponents and so on and so on.

A lot of people have figured out that the mainstream medical system is not to make people healthier, but to extract profit from their suffering.  A lot of people have figured out that 9-11 was an inside job by Israel and its minions in the U.S. government.  It would seem that you call people like this "quacks".  I call them "waking up".  Try it!

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████            ████  ████
          ████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: