Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:40:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Memorycoin ★ Modern CPU PoW ★ COMPLETELY GPU/ASIC FREE ★ NO Free PoS  (Read 39197 times)
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 06:12:23 AM

have not posted here for a while,

was a bit concerned when a 'few' mmc2 i was waiting for never arrived when i expected it ,

the other day i had some time and synched up the wallet and along came what i had been waiting for !!

So I was happy to see I got the coins (trust me I own so few you would not believe )

Reminded me I never posted how to generate new addresses !!

Just type in the rpc console

getnewaddress

it will spit it out

while not necessary you can certainly

validateaddress x

where x is the new address it spit out for you and the output along with the public key and a few other items should be

ismine = true

also worth mention, had no issue at all connecting to network, not as many nodes as last time out but very active , chain moving , if there are any updates with a gpu or other optimized miners I would love to hear about them, I am not mining right now since i lack hardware to have any legit chance of hitting a block

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
FreeTrade
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:43:36 AM

Is this dead yet? Would anyone like me to resurrect this as a simple POW coin?

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
coaex

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 09:10:28 AM

Memorycoin is not dead. However, it would be nice if you could transfer us (to the officers) the domain - memorycoin.org.
Otherwise, we will have to rebrand the coin to something else.

Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
FreeTrade
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:18:20 AM

Memorycoin is not dead. However, it would be nice if you could transfer us (to the officers) the domain - memorycoin.org.

Hi Coaex,

I pointed the domain as Deliquency had requested for the past few years, but checking it recently, he hasn't maintained a website at the IP addresses he gave me. I kept control of the domain name for precisely this reason, that you guys would lose interest and let the coin die, which clearly it has.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
coaex

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 10:26:43 AM

Hi Coaex,

I pointed the domain as Deliquency had requested for the past few years, but checking it recently, he hasn't maintained a website at the IP addresses he gave me. I kept control of the domain name for precisely this reason, that you guys would lose interest and let the coin die, which clearly it has.

I guess he need some developers to maintain the coin. We both supported the coin in the last 2 years.
However, I have some other business to run and gave up supporting it both in terms of finance and development. Yet, if anyone interested in development (for example, upgrading the code base to latest Bitcoin core), I can give my effort as I had in the past.

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 04:30:48 AM

curious what advantage there is to upgrading codebase to stay level with bitcoin --- that is outside of a few of the important security upgrades in bitcoin since this was originally launched......

i mean i guess if a coin has a 'limited community" is an updated client necessary?

i ve helped update a few other alt coins and found few people used the clients !!

im curious the amount of premined mmc2 that was actually redeemed in private keys from the other coins and the amount if any that remains unredeemed in this fashion.....

also I think mmc2 as it stands is a robust , future minded coin at least for the people who rave on about 'asic resistance'  

i can tell you , never , ever have I seen anything as hard to mine as this coin ever.....

when you count hashes a minute and your best hardware churns out between 3 and 4 , that is 'resistant'  Grin

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

joehoebot

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 05:16:46 PM

i just posted in the wrong thread!  what a chump

I am CPU mining Aquachain right now. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3138231
joehoebot

Activity: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 05:18:54 PM

will fire up my mmc wallet tonight. this is like my favourite coin of all time. and the first coin i ever mined.  Smiley

I am CPU mining Aquachain right now. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3138231
scamkiller

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 06:16:33 PM

Is MMC still alive?

gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:24:08 PM

Is MMC still alive?

Seems yes. Blockchain is moving. Solo mining is on-going. Price is good
Armando

Activity: 870
Merit: 500

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:07:42 PM

Is MMC still alive?

Seems yes. Blockchain is moving. Solo mining is on-going. Price is good

Interesting. Seems that somebody knows something if the price is good) Speak the truth I thought the coin is dead for a while and am pleasantly surprized it's still up n running
truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:37:06 PM

cannot sync, no nodes to connect, last block is last 4 days, not dead?
coaex

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 12:45:24 PM

The blockchain is stable and working. Are you sure of that?

truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:58:02 PM

The blockchain is stable and working. Are you sure of that?

really, show me some nodes that i can sync???
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 02:27:34 AM

what i believe to be the proper account for this coin tweeted it wants bter to remove the coin

i retweeted that tweet however I am not 100% sure the account is run by the same people running the coin

please let me know if this tweet is NOT ENDORSED by current developers and i will delete my retweet https://twitter.com/MemoryCoinMMC/status/703921949811064832

Check out my coin Photon

coaex

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 07:29:21 AM

what i believe to be the proper account for this coin tweeted it wants bter to remove the coin

i retweeted that tweet however I am not 100% sure the account is run by the same people running the coin

please let me know if this tweet is NOT ENDORSED by current developers and i will delete my retweet https://twitter.com/MemoryCoinMMC/status/703921949811064832

I had posted that tweet as CMO of Memorycoin because Bter did not respond clearly for MMC deposit issue.
Before doing that, I had requested information from Delinquency, CEO-developer of Memorycoin (and got no respond).
Bter simply say "Keep an eye on the network and we may enable MMC deposit without notice." You can contact Bter and see their response by yourself. This practice is no good since it may end up with an unintentional/intentional market manipulation. Therefore, an action should be taken and I still feel responsible in my duty.
We, as few holders of Memorycoin should start a bank run from Bter. Their practice can hurt Memorycoin.
This may or may not be my first step to take over Memorycoin. The old runaway developer, FreeTrade, also interested in Memorycoin and I don't want to see him around. See what he has caused.
FT just holds a domain - memorycoin.org. I had also requested the domain from him, "politely" but he didn't want to hand over. So in order to eliminate him completely, a rebranding of Memorycoin will be needed.

If there is an honest developer around who likes to work for Memorycoin, let me know. I may be a candidate for CEO position.

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 12:32:28 AM

I suppose time will tell and thanks for your reply, i think the retweet is to stand !!!

Although undoing it now would be nothing more than a 'symbolic' gesture as that was days ago.....

Check out my coin Photon

kbhutto

Activity: 1288

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:15:49 PM

Any working nodes?

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
minigwar

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 09:09:13 PM

Anyone know how to update the wallet?
Can't find any block source
FreeTrade
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 01:26:01 PM

The wallet doesn't appear to be able to bootstrap itself (no working nodes) and the last posted nodes don't appear to be live either.

Working nodes are the very minimum for a live coin.

The CEO or CTO should either post working nodes or resign.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: