Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:06:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist  (Read 205766 times)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:57:23 AM

I don't understand what anyone is trying to accomplish by voting.

Same poop, different asshole.

word. the guys here seem very republican. i however can't get behind anyone.. they're all shit. and even if they are people who truly want to make a change, they can't be honest and get to the white house. what i see in red/blue people is that they start off with a position and then look for evidence that supports it. totally backwards to me.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:46:04 PM

word. the guys here seem very republican. i however can't get behind anyone.. they're all shit. and even if they are people who truly want to make a change, they can't be honest and get to the white house. what i see in red/blue people is that they start off with a position and then look for evidence that supports it. totally backwards to me.
I'd bet that most of the American politicos on here would've supported Ron Paul back in '08 and beyond, so we've seen what the blatantly honest/too much info/getting off in the weeds professorial stuff gets ya= goes over peoples' heads and lets media demagogue. At least Rand repackages the liberty message into a more populist way and it seems the republican base and Americans at large have shifted mindset in the last few years away from being scared that a terrorist is under every crevice or going to war willy nilly. That's a positive and the establishment isn't in full gear like they have been in the past. So, to say that anyone is looking for evidence to support anything here isn't what's happening. Rand is the premiere potential liberty candidate for President here bar none else that would have a chance. I'm trying to show to the Bitcoin community and any other remnant of the world what some of us here in Big Brotherland are trying to do, for ourselves and the rest of the world that is greatly affected by what goes on here or lack thereof. Hence, my showcase of his polling numbers and stuff about him.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:31:23 PM

2016 poll: Hillary Clinton drops below 50% for first time; 'lackluster' book rollout blamed
He called her book tour performance “lackluster,” one that has been plagued with missteps like when she described herself and her husband as "dead broke" upon leaving the White House. The comment drew attention to the tens of millions of dollars they have collected since leaving the White House.

Zogby also warned that since virtually every voter knows — and has an opinion of — Clinton, there isn’t much she can do to broaden her support.

“It is significant that in every case the runaway favorite again polls under 50 percent and that both Governor Bush and Senator Paul continue to increase their support among key groups. Clinton has almost universal name recognition among likely voters and it is unlikely that she could say or do anything to increase her support base,” said Zogby, who provides Secrets with his weekly report card on President Obama, published Saturday mornings.

In the matchups, Clinton now leads Bush, 47 percent to 35 percent. She once held an a 18-point advantage. Against Paul, she leads 48 percent to 36 percent, but once had a 21-point lead. And she would beat Christie 48 percent to 33 percent, but once led, 52 percent to 29 percent.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/2016-poll-hillary-clinton-drops-below-50-for-first-time-lackluster-book-rollout-blamed/article/2550305
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:23:16 AM

It'd be very interesting if Rand could tap into the military donation $#s Ron grabbed in '08, if only because there's a better chance the media'd run the story on how big the gap is, especially with national dismay over recent wars and now-unpopular views of competition.

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:13:58 AM

It'd be very interesting if Rand could tap into the military donation $#s Ron grabbed in '08, if only because there's a better chance the media'd run the story on how big the gap is, especially with national dismay over recent wars and now-unpopular views of competition.

wait, are we talking about money donated by the military lobby? why is it a good thing that ron paul received all that money from them?

it seems that "military" stands for "military servicemen" and that obama received a lot from them too, so those numbers don't really mean shit.. plus, it's not even a million dollars, where you are having elections that rake in 1.6 billion.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 05:18:24 AM

well after serving you gain some perspective on what the military's role is in America: defense of commercial interests
I'd donate a few dollars to stop this if Ron Paul can. Others believe Obama will tone down military use
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:54:46 AM

I figure if a guy is to fuckin lazy to even vote then they probably don't do much else but sit around pissing an moaning about whatever.  I sometimes vote and sometimes do not.  Usually I do, but when I don't I don't whine about whoever won.  I didn't like any of the presidential candidates that ran in the last election enough to warrant even a spot of graphite.  I wrote in someone I would like to see as pres.  Elizabeth Warren in that case.  Normally there are other races and ballot measures that I feel interested enough it to vote.  BTW, in my district a few cycles ago the votes were like two (2) in favor of one presidential candidate over the other and the winner takes all.  Sparse population.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:40:30 AM

If he can grab that hard core group of followers his father had as well it would be a boost. I think they actually spooked the establishment a bit in the early primaries the last cycle.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:05:45 AM

*img snip*

wait, are we talking about money donated by the military lobby? why is it a good thing that ron paul received all that money from them?

it seems that "military" stands for "military servicemen" and that obama received a lot from them too, so those numbers don't really mean shit.. plus, it's not even a million dollars, where you are having elections that rake in 1.6 billion.
Servicemen during mid Primary season. Wasn't meant as a bash against Obama since Dem Primary was clearly no contest fairly quick in, so no reason to solicit plebs for donations. Numbers are pretty relevant as it relates to views of servicemen (compared to other GOP candidates), though hard to determine sample size, maybe 2000-3000 donors with military background.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:42:23 AM

More Republicans Line Up With Rand Paul’s Foreign Policy Views
 Cool
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul might be onto something.

For all the hand-wringing about whether his foreign-policy views could disqualify him from winning the Republican presidential nomination, recent polls suggest his skepticism about foreign entanglements might not be quite so out of step with GOP voters.

As troubles mount overseas, the Republicans’ once-steadfast support for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan has crumbled since President Barack Obama was sworn in for a second term, according to the results of a June Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll and a related Journal/NBC/Annenberg Survey.

In the latest Journal poll of 1,000 adults, conducted June 11-15, 58% of the Republican respondents said the war in Afghanistan wasn’t worth it, compared with the 37% who said it was. That’s an abrupt shift from January 2013, when just 37% of Republicans said the war wasn’t worth it. The Annenberg survey conducted days later found similar erosion in views about Iraq.
More...http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/07/03/more-republicans-line-up-with-rand-pauls-foreign-policy-views/
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:37:39 AM

Rasmussen is having Clinton at 46 and Paul at 39! That is a 7 point lead for Clinton. Rasmussen is slightly GOP-leaning... so I won't be calling it a good sign. But the latest polls from the Democrat-leaning Bloomberg has Clinton at 47 and Paul at 38. The gap is definitely narrowing.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:31:13 PM

Rand Paul — the doctor, not the senator — prepares for a unique summer trip
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has spent considerable time in recent years cultivating supporters and donors and serving as a partisan counterweight to President Obama’s top priorities.

Just three years into his first term in the U.S. Senate, Paul has talked openly about running for president in 2016, giving speeches at GOP party conventions in Texas, Iowa and Idaho, attending a reunion of top supporters of 2012 GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney and sitting alongside influential conservative media mogul Rupert Murdoch at the Kentucky Derby.

But Paul is also planning a summer trip that appears more focused on his past than on his future, one that bypasses Iowa, New Hampshire and all of the other key nomination states.

When Congress adjourns for a five-week recess in August, Paul plans to join a medical mission to Guatemala, where he will team up with eye surgeons, nurses and technicians from the University of Utah to visit Salamá, a small manufacturing and commercial center nestled between two mountain ranges 3,000 feet above sea level, north of Guatemala City.

The trip doesn’t play into his political future “in any conscious fashion,” Paul says. But for a presidential hopeful everything matters. The mid-August trip, for example, is also likely to include a small band of aides and reporters, and what other potential presidential candidates can say that they have helped the blind see?

More...http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/rand-paul--the-doctor-not-the-senator--prepares-for-a-unique-summer-trip/2014/06/30/7a805e8c-fd55-11e3-8176-f2c941cf35f1_story.html
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:58:54 PM

Still on the fence on whether I want to get hopes up and campaign again.... getting excited, though. Maybe I'll order a couple new ink cartridges just in case. Grin
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:19:52 PM

Still on the fence on whether I want to get hopes up and campaign again.... getting excited, though. Maybe I'll order a couple new ink cartridges just in case. Grin
Michigan will definitely be in play this time around unlike last time when Daddy came through for a few token rallies. Plenty of money will be spent here in this market and I know we have damn near a majority of Congressional districts where the delegates and local and state cmte members are big Rand fans. He'll be an even bigger force to be reckoned w/ as he keeps campaigning on issues that matter to minorities including those economic freedom zones that are a hit w/ business folk. Good times ahead plus more of us will have more money next time around.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:14:07 PM

Michigan will definitely be in play this time around unlike last time when Daddy came through for a few token rallies. Plenty of money will be spent here in this market and I know we have damn near a majority of Congressional districts where the delegates and local and state cmte members are big Rand fans. He'll be an even bigger force to be reckoned w/ as he keeps campaigning on issues that matter to minorities including those economic freedom zones that are a hit w/ business folk. Good times ahead plus more of us will have more money next time around.
I'd argue Amash has had a pretty solid effect, too. He's held himself pretty well while in office, committed to doing things differently and relatively transparently. MLive has a regular Opinion columnist... I don't recall his name quite right... Thomas Braun or something (Scott Braun, maybe?)... He's been harping on about Amash's greatness for a good while outside promoting other libertarian issues. We've had the warrantless cell phone search/seizure cases in MI, the police spoofing cell phone towers ("Hailstorm"), so I think that's in our minds with regards to police/spying abuse under the current administrations. We've had Detroit show a repeated failures and corruption as it relates to gov't management - totally ignoring Obama's catalyzing effects -- I think Michigan has a fair chance of going Red if a libertarian-minded fellow runs.

I've never looked into the demographics of who's leaving MI (Detroit, in particular), so that might make things easier or more difficult in making a Red Michigan in 2016. On the flip side of Amash, though, is Rick Snyder, with pretty abysmal approval ratings and who ran under "Michigan needs a nerd" -- Idunno if people (particularly people who base their votes by what they see on TV and in folks' yards) would associate Snyder with Paul given Paul's just a bit less nerdy than Ron (and has about as nerdy of supporters). Cheesy
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:05:31 AM

Rand's foreign policy outreach

The journalist Peter Beinart, who ought to know something about the hazards of shifting foreign-policy views, had a message for Rand Paul: the senator can “destroy an olive grove with [his] bare hands” without gaining the trust of Republican hawks exemplified by Sheldon Adelson.

This tartly worded tweet was in response to Paul’s call to end aid to the Palestinian Authority following the brutal murder of three kidnapped Israeli teenagers. Previously, Paul had introduced the Stand with Israel Act, which makes future aid to the Palestinian government conditional upon a ceasefire and, according to a statement from his office, “recognizing the right of Israel to exist as a Jewish state.”
Since “beefing up his Israel bona fides,” Paul has been one of the few Republicans to blame Bush-Cheney rather than President Obama for the violence engulfing Iraq. He has ruled out ground troops in the country and made the point that it is ill-conceived regime change rather than inaction that has made a “jihadist wonderland” out of Iraq and Libya.
Cutting foreign aid has always been a non-interventionist position. It also happens to be one that resonates with the Republican rank-and-file, if not GOP elected officials. Paul, who initially proposed zeroing out all foreign aid (including to Israel), is building further support by putting money for allies like Israel on the chopping block last.

There are several things worth considering here. The first is that Paul is vying to lead the entire Republican Party, not just one particular faction. His intended audience isn’t Adelson (though perhaps he can get some other hawkish donors to hold their fire) but evangelicals who want their party’s nominee to be pro-Israel but are open-minded about what the actual foreign-policy implications of that might be.

Paul is trying to demonstrate to such Republicans that you can pursue a less interventionist foreign policy without neglecting legitimate national-security concerns or abandoning allies. Where possible, he is using anti-interventionist means to pro-American and pro-Israel ends.
Paul’s rhetoric is neither right in every particular nor risk-free. But it might be the best way to reach a conservative Republican electorate with a message that is pro-American, pro-Israel, and Lord willing pro-peace.
More...http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/rand-with-israel/
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:37:43 PM

Glad to hear about the positive energy in Michigan. Any news from South Carolina, which is a huge, very early state?

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:50:49 PM

Glad to hear about the positive energy in Michigan. Any news from South Carolina, which is a huge, very early state?
I'm sure he's got people on his team that have ties to the hierarchy of South Carolina Republicans. He's done a few fundraisers for the state party in the past and I'm sure he'll head down there again in due time. Will post relevant info as it is revealed.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:56:36 PM

Quinnipiac national poll: Rand Paul 11%, Christie 10%, Huckabee 10%, Bush 10%
(If Republican or Republican Leaner) If the Republican primary for President were being held today, and the candidates were: Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, Scott Walker, Chris Christie, Bobby Jindal, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, John Kasich, Rick Perry, Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee, for whom would you vote?

Paul.........11%
Christie.....10
Huckabee.....10
Bush.........10
Cruz..........8
Walker........8
Ryan..........8
Rubio.........6
Perry.........3
Santorum......2
Kasich........2
Jindal........1

From June 24 - 30, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,446 registered voters nationwide with a margin of error of +/- 2.6 percentage points. The survey includes 620 Republicans with a margin of error of +/- 3.9 percentage points and 610 Democrats with a margin of error of 4 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines and cell phones.
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2058
More names listed than the original OP and Cruz and Huck draw from Rand's totals if not Walker too. Huck likely won't run since he likes his money coming from his Fox show.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:06:58 PM

How Rand Paul won the GOP’s war on foreign policy
Catalyzed by the total failures of Iraq, Afghanistan, Benghazi and more, foreign policy has been the hot debate lately. Just over two years out from a new administration, which many predict will be of the Republican brand, and the arising noise of pundit and politician fills the air with commentary regarding the failures of American foreign policy. Some are blaming Obama (Karl Rove/Laura Ingram). Some are blaming Bush (Not Karl Rove/Laura Ingram. Like Obama and Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi D-Calif.). Fewest of them all are blaming Bush and Obama (Like U.S. Senator Rand Paul R-Ky.). For this, Paul has been attacked viciously by many in both parties.

Congressman Peter King R-N.Y. somehow gathered, “Paul’s foreign policy makes America the enemy.”, because the senator from Kentucky believes America should concern itself with strengthening its own borders to fight against de facto amnesty rather than sending young men and women to their death in order to secure the borders of Iraq.

Many have been more than willing to oblige in the attempted take down of Paul’s foreign policy.

However, a palpable shift has occurred, and now the media has been toying around with the idea that ‘maybe’ Paul is right. With articles titled, “What if Rand Paul is right on foreign policy?”, pundits now ask questions like, “Is Rand Paul the next generation-defining senator on American foreign policy?” Enough with the questions already. The battle is over– Paul won. But what’s fascinating— is how he did it.
More...http://benswann.com/lotfi-how-rand-paul-won-the-gops-war-on-foreign-policy/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: