Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:48:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist  (Read 205769 times)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:35:52 AM

rick perry must be one of the dumbest politicians in america (outside maybe michelle bachmann, or sarah palin when she was one)... why are we even giving his voice credence?
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:45:17 AM

rick perry must be one of the dumbest politicians in america (outside maybe michelle bachmann, or sarah palin when she was one)... why are we even giving his voice credence?
Well for one, he's likely to be a contender for the GOP nomination in 2016 and potentially one of the 'conservative or anti-establishment' alternatives to Rand Paul. Plus, pigeonholing Rand with lingo that was used against his dad further paints Rand in his dad's mold to anarchists that don't like his politicking messaging of the liberty message yet were cool w/ Ron for always telling the blatant truth w/o a muzzle at times. Backing up my first point, Perry as the TX Gov has been trying to be mr. big dick on this immigration thing and trying to capture the spotlight of the conservative heartland that is fed up w/ this whole ordeal. So, from a libertarian point of view in the GOP that is more accepting of libertarian populism, I'm keeping tabs on the frauds that they'll string out there and try to get one to stick to deprive Rand of as much grassroots conservative support as they can just like they strung out Perry, Cain, Bachmann, Gingrich, Santorum, etc in 2012 against Ron to be the anti-establishment choice against Romney.
beetcoin

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:19:48 AM

oh man, if he gets the nomination i know where to put all my money in vegas for the 2016 election. it would be hilarious though, so i wouldn't mind it. half of his campaign will be defending his level of intelligence.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:26:34 PM

McCain: Paul a part of ‘Fortress America’ wing

By Martin Matishak - 07/13/14 10:03 AM EDT

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Sunday waded into a brewing foreign policy debate inside the Republican Party, saying Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) represents a more isolationist outlook.

Paul is “part of a wing of the party that has been there prior to World War I, that is a withdrawal to ‘Fortress America,’” McCain said on CNN’s "State of the Union."

McCain, who serves on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee with Paul, acknowledged the freshman senator has a “far different view than mine of the world.”

But, McCain said, he understood Paul’s appeal to Americans “weary of involvement” after the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"So I'm not particularly interested in getting between Senator Paul and Governor Perry, but I do believe that the things we're seeing in the world today, in greater turmoil than at any time in my lifetime, is a direct result of an absence of American leadership," McCain said. "And we are paying a very, very heavy price now, and we will in the future, until we decide to understand that America is an essential role in maintaining peace and stability throughout the world, and that does not mean sending combat troops everywhere."

Read more...http://thehill.com/policy/defense/212078-mccain-paul-a-member-of-fortress-america-wing-of-gop
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:44:17 PM

oh man, if he gets the nomination i know where to put all my money in vegas for the 2016 election. it would be hilarious though, so i wouldn't mind it. half of his campaign will be defending his level of intelligence.

Much of what I know about Rick Perry is based on his horrible performance in the debates last time around. Since then, he has claimed he was recovering from surgery (on his back?) and that he was affected by prescription drugs during the debates.

Either way, he is the guy who said "I am actually for gun control: Use both hands" (to better control the gun) and that is pretty funny.  Smiley

beetcoin

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:59:15 PM

Much of what I know about Rick Perry is based on his horrible performance in the debates last time around. Since then, he has claimed he was recovering from surgery (on his back?) and that he was affected by prescription drugs during the debates.

Either way, he is the guy who said "I am actually for gun control: Use both hands" (to better control the gun) and that is pretty funny.  Smiley

the lack of sleep/prescription shit is probably just a coverup for his low intelligence. he's also had "stadium prayers" in houston. yeah, they go to stadiums and pray for an improved economy and rain (a lot of drought happening in texas. they have no idea why, even though science shows it's climate change).

he's also had plenty of shady deals in the past, where his friend "bought" him real estate in a developing area.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:30:19 PM

McCain: Paul a part of ‘Fortress America’ wing

By Martin Matishak - 07/13/14 10:03 AM EDT

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Sunday waded into a brewing foreign policy debate inside the Republican Party, saying Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) represents a more isolationist outlook.

Paul is “part of a wing of the party that has been there prior to World War I, that is a withdrawal to ‘Fortress America,’” McCain said on CNN’s "State of the Union."

McCain, who serves on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee with Paul, acknowledged the freshman senator has a “far different view than mine of the world.”

But, McCain said, he understood Paul’s appeal to Americans “weary of involvement” after the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"So I'm not particularly interested in getting between Senator Paul and Governor Perry, but I do believe that the things we're seeing in the world today, in greater turmoil than at any time in my lifetime, is a direct result of an absence of American leadership," McCain said. "And we are paying a very, very heavy price now, and we will in the future, until we decide to understand that America is an essential role in maintaining peace and stability throughout the world, and that does not mean sending combat troops everywhere."

Read more...http://thehill.com/policy/defense/212078-mccain-paul-a-member-of-fortress-america-wing-of-gop

If McCain is coming out to criticize your policies you are doing it right. He is just another statist that tried to portray himself as some rebellious hero. 

beetcoin

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:03:29 PM

it's funny how mccain has been wrong with virtually everything, and yet he still acts like he's some sort of foreign affairs expert.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:08:57 PM

it's funny how mccain has been wrong with virtually everything, and yet he still acts like he's some sort of foreign affairs expert.
LOL, yep ole stiffy is always trotted out there as some respected voice, usually about foreign affairs, but he's nothing more than a cheerleader for the military industrial complex and more death and destruction. Hence, he's always loaded w/ money for reelection.
beetcoin

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:16:30 PM

LOL, yep ole stiffy is always trotted out there as some respected voice, usually about foreign affairs, but he's nothing more than a cheerleader for the military industrial complex and more death and destruction. Hence, he's always loaded w/ money for reelection.

well, i'm glad we can agree about something. here is the clown singing "bomb bomb iran" while trying to get the GOP nomination. http://youtu.be/o-zoPgv_nYg?t=38s

i'm really, really glad he didn't win in 2008.. he is one of the most bellicose politicians we have today. he wouldn't flinch at the thought of sending our troops abroad.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:08:07 PM

Shockingly, Rand Paul Could be the GOP Nominee and Trouble for the Dems.
Young male voters are drawn to Libertarian positions on social issues.
In 2008, Barack Obama was the candidate of change, first for Democrats and then the nation. For 2016, those same political stars, to be the agent of change, appear to be lining up behind Rand Paul, Kentucky’s Republican U.S. senator.

Yes, that Rand Paul, who is more accurately labeled as a shrink-the-government Libertarian and has a long history of questionable statements on race. Just as there are signs that Americans are not enthralled by Hillary Clinton’s likely return to the presidential fold (In June, it was Monica Lewinsky; in July, it’s her book), there are signs that Paul is pulling ahead of better-known Republican rivals.

It’s not just that Paul is the clear frontrunner in a new and credible national poll. He has supporters across every key GOP demographic by age and faction, from Tea Partiers to corporate America to the religious right. Younger men, who aren’t likely to vote for Clinton, find his "maverick" personality new and appealing. Similarly, the millennial generation is superficially embracing the Libertarian idea that the government should leave them alone to do as they please. Marijuana laws are one example.

“This guy can win the nomination,” pollster John Zogby said Friday, adding he did not have that view until he took a deeper look at a June 27-29 nationwide survey he conducted. Paul was not only in first place with 20 percent in a crowded field of 10, he had deeper support than “establishment” Republicans. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and ex-Florida Jeb Bush each polled at 13 percent. Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker had 8 percent, while Florida Sen. Marco Rubio had 7 percent. Five others had even less support. Other national polls put Paul in the lead, but Zogby has him clearly out front.

More...http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/shockingly-rand-paul-could-be-gop-nominee-and-trouble-dems?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:15:26 PM

Memo to Jewish donors: Rand Paul would be good for Israel
Jewish donors to the 2016 presidential campaign, wary of Sen. Rand Paul's (R-Ky.) longstanding reputation for isolationism, are trying to figure out how a Paul presidency might treat Israel differently than previous presidencies. It doesn't take much figuring.

Had the famously libertarian Paul been president instead of Barack Obama or George W. Bush, he wouldn't have stopped Israel from taking out Iran's nuclear bomb capabilities when the taking was easy. Iran, as a result, would have been greatly diminished, rather than ascendant as it now is, in control of much of Iraq, Syria and Lebanon and in pursuit of others.

Had Paul been president instead of Bill Clinton and George H. Bush, he wouldn't have forced Israel to make the many concessions that led to the disastrous Oslo Accords, which reinstated Palestinian Liberation Organization Chairman Yasser Arafat in power, triggered intifadas that took 1,000 Israeli lives through bombs planted in buses and restaurants, and taught radicals that terrorism pays.

Had Paul been president instead of Ronald Reagan in the 1980s, he wouldn't have tried to prevent Israel from taking out Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's Osirak nuclear reactor, and then punished Israel when it went ahead anyway by embargoing delivery of the F-16 fighters Israel needed for its defense.

More...http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/211893-memo-to-jewish-donors-rand-paul-would-be-good-for-israel
The reason I posted this has nothing to do w/ Jewish people other than many have been fooled to think any Paul (libertarian) is anti-semetic when it's just the complete opposite. AIPAC is the mega lobby on behalf of Israeli MIC interests and they get their handouts from DC while DC keeps Israel on a leash when they're surrounded by not so friendly countries.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:25:36 PM

Rick Perry is Dead Wrong

By: Sen. Rand Paul
July 14, 2014
There are many things I like about Texas Gov. Rick Perry, including his stance on the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution. But apparently his new glasses haven’t altered his perception of the world, or allowed him to see it any more clearly.

There are obviously many important events going on in the world right now, but with 60,000 foreign children streaming across the Texas border, I am surprised Governor Perry has apparently still found time to mischaracterize and attack my foreign policy.

Governor Perry writes a fictionalized account of my foreign policy so mischaracterizing my views that I wonder if he’s even really read any of my policy papers.

In fact, some of Perry’s solutions for the current chaos in Iraq aren’t much different from what I’ve proposed, something he fails to mention. His solutions also aren’t much different from President Barack Obama’s, something he also fails to mention. Because interestingly enough, there aren’t that many good choices right now in dealing with this situation in Iraq.

More...http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/07/rick-perry-is-dead-wrong-108860.html?hp=f3#.U8PNDWfjhdh
Perry has been wearing these new glasses to try and change his image of a bumbling reject on the debate stage to that of some sort of intelligent being. Obviously lately, Perry had tried to puff up his chest and bolster some GOP cred by misleading people on certain elements of Paul's foreign policy advocations but Paul just smoked him like a joint and I encourage those that are interested to read the full article on politico because there's plenty of choice material that you don't want to miss. This is how much of a badass Rand is which is rather exciting considering his dad was too nicey nicey. Nip the neocon bullshit in the bud and squash em like a bug. Mission accomplished
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:00:04 PM

Shockingly, Rand Paul Could be the GOP Nominee and Trouble for the Dems.
Young male voters are drawn to Libertarian positions on social issues.
In 2008, Barack Obama was the candidate of change, first for Democrats and then the nation. For 2016, those same political stars, to be the agent of change, appear to be lining up behind Rand Paul, Kentucky’s Republican U.S. senator.

Yes, that Rand Paul, who is more accurately labeled as a shrink-the-government Libertarian and has a long history of questionable statements on race. Just as there are signs that Americans are not enthralled by Hillary Clinton’s likely return to the presidential fold (In June, it was Monica Lewinsky; in July, it’s her book), there are signs that Paul is pulling ahead of better-known Republican rivals.

It’s not just that Paul is the clear frontrunner in a new and credible national poll. He has supporters across every key GOP demographic by age and faction, from Tea Partiers to corporate America to the religious right. Younger men, who aren’t likely to vote for Clinton, find his "maverick" personality new and appealing. Similarly, the millennial generation is superficially embracing the Libertarian idea that the government should leave them alone to do as they please. Marijuana laws are one example.

“This guy can win the nomination,” pollster John Zogby said Friday, adding he did not have that view until he took a deeper look at a June 27-29 nationwide survey he conducted. Paul was not only in first place with 20 percent in a crowded field of 10, he had deeper support than “establishment” Republicans. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and ex-Florida Jeb Bush each polled at 13 percent. Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker had 8 percent, while Florida Sen. Marco Rubio had 7 percent. Five others had even less support. Other national polls put Paul in the lead, but Zogby has him clearly out front.

More...http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/shockingly-rand-paul-could-be-gop-nominee-and-trouble-dems?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

“This guy can win the nomination,” pollster John Zogby said Friday...
^^^Nice  Smiley
This is getting better than I expected. Hopefully Rand can avoid that one major mistake that they turn into a "Dean scream" media circus.

beetcoin

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:09:10 PM

will be more difficult the republicans down the line. if i had to choose who would get the nomination, it would be rand paul.

Conservatives are stuck in a perpetual outrage loop. The reappearance of Todd Akin, the horror-movie villain immortality of Sarah Palin, the unseemly celebration of the Hobby Lobby decision – these all speak to a chorus of "la-la-la-can't-hear-you" loud enough to drown out the voice of an entire generation. Late last week, the Reason Foundation released the results of a poll about that generation, the millennials; its signature finding was the confirmation of a mass abandonment of social conservatism and the GOP. This comes at a time when the conservative movement is increasingly synonymous with mean-spirited, prank-like and combative activism and self-important grand gestures. The millennial generation has repeatedly defined itself as the most socially tolerant of the modern era, but one thing it really can't stand is drama.

Advertisement

Republicans were already destined for piecemeal decimation due to the declining numbers of their core constituency. But they don't just have a demographic problem anymore; they have stylistic one. The conservative strategy of outrage upon outrage upon outrage bumps up against the policy preferences and the attitudes of millennials in perfect discord.

We all can recognize the right's tendency to respond to backlash with more "lash" (Akin didn't disappear, he doubled down on "legitimate rape"), but it seems to have gained speed with the age of social media and candidate tracking. The Tea Party's resistance to the leavening effect of establishment mores and political professionals has been a particularly effective accelerant. Palin's ability to put anything on the internet without any intermediary has rendered her as reckless as any tween with a SnapChat account. Akin's whiny denouncement of Washington insiders is likely to make him more credible with a certain kind of base voter. The midterms are, as we speak, producing another round of Fox News celebrities, whether or not they win their races: the Eric Cantor-vanquishing David Brat, Mississippi's Chris McDaniel and the hog-castrating mini-Palin, Jodi Ernst of Iowa.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/14/gop-self-destruction-millennials-conservatives-backlash
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:32:09 AM

will be more difficult the republicans down the line. if i had to choose who would get the nomination, it would be rand paul.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/14/gop-self-destruction-millennials-conservatives-backlash
Unfortunately, it's the Evangelical Bible bumpers in the midwest and the south that hold on to their religious beliefs and then vote based upon them. They are a key constituency in the GOP no matter how ya cut it. If they stay home it won't be even close. The idea is to not make them hate you and stay home from voting but to just string them along. Sounds dishonest but sometimes when people are so blind you have to do the thinking for them and look out for their best interests: their financial security and that of their posterity. The other thing about them is that they get whipped up into frenzies by their parsons much like that of the black community on the other side. My hope is that people that are tired of the direction this country is going can find commonality in the ideas that Rand is talking about and see through the smoke that only a libertarian republican can be trusted to get spending under control and protect everyone's rights as ordained by whomever they call god. And, if people engage in non-violent behavior that doesn't jive w/ one's beliefs, then one should show some tolerance, look the other way and go do their own thing and let the almighty sort that stuff out on the other side.
beetcoin

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:39:46 AM

^ well that's the problem.. the GOP base is full of extremists. that makes it harder to get things done.. as mentioned before, the GOP nominee will have to go through a "i'm super conservative" primary cycle, and then when it comes to winning the general election votes, it's "i'm not a super right guy, i'm actually a centrist."
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:57:43 AM

^ well that's the problem.. the GOP base is full of extremists. that makes it harder to get things done.. as mentioned before, the GOP nominee will have to go through a "i'm super conservative" primary cycle, and then when it comes to winning the general election votes, it's "i'm not a super right guy, i'm actually a centrist."

"I can gain strong support from almost every type of voter"
^^How many Republicans can honestly say that? Rand can.

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:22:02 AM

There is very little chance of Rand Paul winning the race. Even if he is ahead, the other "mainstream" Republicans such as Bush and Huckabee would gang-up together to defeat him.

I think that is only the case if the average voter is not truly educated on the candidates.  I think he is the best candidate from that lot for sure.  The least likely to play politics in important issues.  Even thought I'm skeptical of him he's the only one of them even close to change from the norm.   
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:18:49 AM

There is very little chance of Rand Paul winning the race. Even if he is ahead, the other "mainstream" Republicans such as Bush and Huckabee would gang-up together to defeat him.

I think that is only the case if the average voter is not truly educated on the candidates.  I think he is the best candidate from that lot for sure.  The least likely to play politics in important issues.  Even thought I'm skeptical of him he's the only one of them even close to change from the norm.   

That and the name Bush is still toxic in the US. Huckabee is simply a religious right statist. The religious right is not a force in US politics currently and hopefully for the foreseeable future.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: