Bitcoin Forum
June 02, 2024, 07:33:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like the new Uro logo?
Yes - 69 (54.3%)
No - 33 (26%)
I like the new and old ones equally - 8 (6.3%)
Undecided - 17 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][URO] A Real Long Term Currency: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea Fertilizer  (Read 247320 times)
loges

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:12:51 PM

Ok so I have read everything, all the papers pictures etc. One thing I cannot reconcile, maybe someone could explain it to me.

Why would anyone, at present, accept URO for Urea? they would be receiving a huge amount less than if they accepted USD and would lose a vast sum of money on the deal.

I put myself in the seller position, someone comes up to me and says, here you go mate, please accept 12500 URO for this purchase of a shipment of Urea. I look at the price of URO and say 'you mad bro?  give me 375K USD or get the fuck out of here.

What is the motivation for the seller to accept the URO on this deal?
I don't know. Maybe so the guys that created this coin could make a lot of money?
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:13:59 PM

Prove what? That 1 uro doesn't buy 1 ton of urea. Ok go check out mintpal.

This concept really is hurting your wittle head, isn't it?

The exchange rate between BTC and URO is not what matters here.

What matters, and ALL that matters is if there are suppliers who are willing to sell 1 mt tonne of urea for 1 uro.  

If there are, then 1 uro is worth 1 t tonne of urea.  The end.

The only question you should be asking is this - Are there suppliers willing to do such a thing?

The coin dev claims yes.  Obviously this needs to be proven, since it's the one and only crucial fact in the entire matter.

I believe it's possible there may be such suppliers, as there are certain wider implications and advantages to doing so, as a long term systemic plan.  The devs have been smart enough to figure out what those are, even if you're not able to comprehend them yourself.

That doesn't mean I'm sure someone *has* in fact agreed to such a thing, only that I can see why someone might.

What we need is proof that someone really has.

sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 02:15:11 PM

Ok so I have read everything, all the papers pictures etc. One thing I cannot reconcile, maybe someone could explain it to me.

Why would anyone, at present, accept URO for Urea? they would be receiving a huge amount less than if they accepted USD and would lose a vast sum of money on the deal.

I put myself in the seller position, someone comes up to me and says, here you go mate, please accept 12500 URO for this purchase of a shipment of Urea. I look at the price of URO and say 'you mad bro?  give me 375K USD or get the fuck out of here.

Read Article 2.1 of the Uro protocol, it says "they" (NIER = a company that has traded more than two million metric tons of Urea in the last three years in the country) have to accept 12500 URO as a payment, regardless of the current market value.
In total the industry supplies billions of $ in urea, so liquidity is not an issue.

Scamhunters

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:16:03 PM

Please get Nilesh Nair to post a recorded video with his full name stating he is not bankrupt. There are a few government bodies in Australia who can help confirm this  Cheesy

Australian Securities and investments commission (ASIC) will confirm this for you all free of charge...

Or you can always report it here.. dont forget to put in a good word for his wife also.

https://www.moneysmart.gov.au/scams/report-a-scam

loges

Activity: 308

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:16:10 PM

Prove what? That 1 uro doesn't buy 1 ton of urea. Ok go check out mintpal.

This concept really is hurting your wittle head, isn't it?

The exchange rate between BTC and URO is not what matters here.

What matters, and ALL that matters is if there are suppliers who are willing to sell 1 mt tonne of urea for 1 uro.  

If there are, then 1 uro is worth 1 t tonne of urea.  The end.

The only question you should be asking is this - Are there suppliers willing to do such a thing?

The coin dev claims yes.  Obviously this needs to be proven, since it's the one and only crucial fact in the entire matter.

I believe it's possible there may be such suppliers, as there are certain wider implications and advantages to doing so, as a long term systemic plan.  The devs have been smart enough to figure out what those are, even if you're not able to comprehend them yourself.

That doesn't mean I'm sure someone *has* in fact agreed to such a thing, only that I can see why someone might.

What we need is proof that someone really has.

OK. I understand all of that. It all comes down to I don't think URO will be worth that value in btc. So in the end you guys can just buy a lot of fertilizer.
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:16:23 PM

Read Article 2.1 of the Uro protocol, it says they have to accept 12500 URO as a payment, regardless of the current market value.
In total the industry supplies billions of $ in urea, so liquidity is not an issue.

I've read it.

My question is why would anyone selling it agree to sign it?

BINTEX

Powered by,
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:16:41 PM

I don't know. Maybe so the guys that created this coin could make a lot of money?

88 BTC bounty for you to prove your FUD - why are you not claiming the bounty yet ?
bitbd83

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Crypto Enthusiast, BD

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:17:22 PM

I think 40 tons for 40" ship container is max. So 12500/40= 312 containers. What the fuck!

40" container min capacity of standard 60KG bag UREA ~250MT

Try best at: |OK Pay-Quick Change| USD-BTC-LTC-EUR-WIRE-VISA/MASTER Find me:  https://onename.io/bitcoinbd
Please donate few BTC : 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
Mine all CryptoNote coin with a ready GUI client-Excellent solution. Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:18:16 PM

Read Article 2.1 of the Uro protocol, it says they have to accept 12500 URO as a payment, regardless of the current market value.

I've read it.

Maybe if you guys did not troll the video sessions last night - all of this would have been explained.  It was explained 100% in the previous video session on google chat prior to 200 children joining and playing memes.  whatever. your loss.
timertrainer

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:18:21 PM

The whale dumps and pumps on URO seem to be a regular thing now. I expect another dump to the 500-800k range today, as it happened twice yesterday night even after a full price recovery and pump. Any traders here will want to make use of this and dump for a profit at .01+ and rebuy at the dump.
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:19:24 PM

I've read it.

Maybe if you guys did not troll the video sessions last night - all of this would have been explained.  It was explained 100% in the previous video session on google chat prior to 200 children joining and playing memes.  whatever. your loss.

I wasn't anywhere near any video sessions last night. I'm just asking a reasonable question in a reasonable manner.

BINTEX