Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:58:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like the new Uro logo?
Yes - 69 (54.3%)
No - 33 (26%)
I like the new and old ones equally - 8 (6.3%)
Undecided - 17 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][URO] A Real Long Term Currency: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea Fertilizer  (Read 247320 times)
KingKoing

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:23:39 PM

FAQ

Is URO coin a scam?

You have to come to your own conclusion here but when do you see scammer show his real identity and fight for his coin with a passion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsHF0C_gPck, and don't forget this coin had no ipo, no premine, just an active competent dev.

What is URO coin?

Uro is a cryptocurrency which is being backed by GES currently to offer 1 Tonne of Urea for 1 URO, soon other companies will join in the revolution, its essentially like a bond

Why use URO coin when we could use bitcoins?

Urea's price is volatile and depends on many factors and so is bitcoin, you can peg two volatile thing against each other, Uro is essentially a future bond, that you would always get 1 tonne of Urea for, its like how the government bank started with gold backing the dollar.

Why use not use coloured coin?

URO is getting many new features, including a live urea exchange market for urea trading, mobile app, and many more features where having your own coin makes this easier to implement

Why would these companies give you $300 worth of Urea for $6?

The company is not going to sell the URO coin at a loss, they will simply hold it, until the market catches up the price of Urea, which will not take to many btc, and will happen in weeks as soon as news of URO coin spreads.

The minimum order is 12,500 tonnes of Urea why?

These are large companies that deal with big orders, they probably don't want to deal with small orders, however when this coin becomes more mainstream, I am sure resellers or other companies will allow for smaller orders.

What are the advantages to using URO coin?

Urea cannot be stored, so you only buy as much as you need and cannot buy and store, URO changes that by allowing farmers to buy URO for the future.

Price of Urea can be a speculative market this allows traders to speculate on the price

Plenty of fees can be saved instead of doing bank transfers

No need to trust third party with future orders, any company who agree to the term will always accept 1 Uro for 1 tonne of Urea

Whats planned next?

Currently the dev is working on bringing us the mobile wallet - picture

This is my concern and biggest question regarding the entire coin and project.  Not many have the capital to hold onto an asset that "might be worth A LOT more in the future."  Right now it's too beneficial for someone to just go buy this coin at $6 dollars and sell it to a naive company for $300 and make incredible bank off of the deal, while the other sits on a large investment.  At 12500 being the minimum, if the coin never reaches this price of 1 Tonne of Urea, any company making this deal is taking a monumental risk that very well could bankrupt a company.  If you could explain why a company would take that much risk, I am all ears.  From that standpoint it just doesn't make sense.  

It's like me telling you right now that BTC will be worth $10,000 in the future and that's the value you should give to me RIGHT NOW.  No one in their right mind would do that and that's where my skepticism comes in.

its not going to take much btc to URO to urea price 500 btc, the company won't make a loss, because they wont sell at a loss, when the importers are finally aware, they will  buy URO coin of exchanges bringing the volume, your point about btc doesn't correspond to URO because bitcoin is backed by nothing, so you can't guess its value, whereas with URO coin you will always get 1 tonne of urea, hence you should be expected to pay that much.

But it still makes no sense.  You shouldn't be able to get 1 tonne of urea with 1 URO because the the prices don't equal up!  It's a $3 million dollar gamble to each and every company who would agree to this!  If someone is really willing to put 500 BTC+ to buy it all the way up, people are just going to dump it back down.  As long as it's on an exchange it's just not worth the same amount because the dev said so.  If right now it was going to ~$300 dollars a coin it MIGHT make more sense, but for now it would be a monumental gamble for a company to accept it as a payment.

Its only a gamble for the first company, after they deliver URO and probably only the first trade is risky, after that the price will correct up, people can dump the price, but if the community informs all the exporters/importers they will start putting money in to buy up the cheap URO coins, its like saying if you saw people selling gold for half price, and it was true, wouldn't you sell your house to buy that even up to a 10% discount price.

Yes, it's a HUGE gamble for the 1st company!  They are essentially giving $3.75 million dollars worth of product for coins which equal $75K today.  No one else sees this as a problem?  You keep saying, "the price will correct", "it will go up to 1 tonne = 1 URO."  No business in their right mind would make a deal like this based on nothing more than basic speculation.

But its not speculation if they deliver on their order, the price is bound to go up, so its not a risk, its certainty

But it's not a certainty at all!  As long as you, me, and any guy can trade it on an exchange it's very far from a certainty.  It's far, far, far more speculation then certainty.  Even you have to see this.  

Buy you don't get it when something is backed by a commodity it will always be worth the commodity, if someone starts dumping it for any less its there own stupidness, people will just start buying it up, If started selling 1 kg gold vouchers with actual price of $100,000 for $50,000, and people cashed out to gold, and it worked, what do you think will happen? I assure you those vouchers will be bought up in seconds, furthermore URO is going to bring new services and merchant tools, which is why it might trade over normal price, why do you think all these bank notes backed by gold worked? if the bank started selling a $100 bill for $1, do you not think one guy would just purchase it all, if there is certainty, no dump can crash the market.

Comparing URO to gold is not a fair comparison.  GOLD has a real value.  URO has PERCEIVED value.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:25:21 PM

What if you look at this from another perspective. The whole idea of URO as i understood is to create an easier way of transacting between the producers and the users, avoiding speculated prices, large bank fees etc. When taking into account that UREA cannot be stored and needs to be ordered as required, the average cost is bigger than if you could purchase in bulk and creates an even better ground for speculation.
The $ involved in UREA is in millions, so bank fees and speculation prices are costing both sides (the producer and the user) huge amounts of $, we are talking $M here.
Idea of UREA is to avoid these as much as possible.
Question, why would a company take an order for $3.75m with URO that is worth 77K right now?
Well if you flip the coin to another side here:
How much would be saved in terms of $ fees + Speculation in this transaction by both parties?

When the 1st delivery happens and the word is going to spread, more orders are bound to happen.
This will result in increase of demand of URO. As this happens price will increase, maybe not to 0.5, but it will be increasing.
Farmers will want to stock up on URO as the price rises, since they will be saving $ too.
As the market finds its equilibrium the price will start to climb to its real value.
Even if this takes a year to acomplish, this is a hell of a good investment for a large multimillion company.
So you will invest around $3.75m, which if played right, will return savings of a few hundred thousand $ on every large order.
Now calculate how many orders would a multimillion company do in a year, then calculate how much they will save.
An investment of such proportions that can increase in value multiple times within a year and continue growing at this rate for years to come is a hell of a good one in my opinion.
This will be a closed loop that will save everyone a lot of $ and kick out the bank fees and speculation. I think this is quite revolutionary to be honest.
The above are just my thoughts on why a company would invest such an amount of $.
But i still agree that a delivery needs to happen on the 1st order before the price will explode again.

^^^^ This

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
patronis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:25:56 PM

this dude is good , registered today and he only smashes URO , for sure he is a paid FUDER

Can you and everyone else please stop quoting him n replying anymore.
Its just a unnecessary clutter.
M sure if every one ignores he wont bother.

Thanks in advance

no problem
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:26:33 PM

Comparing URO to gold is not a fair comparison.  GOLD has a real value.  URO has PERCEIVED value.
Urea has real value, dude meant a token for gold that sells for 50k right now when it delivers 100k

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
SaveForrest

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:28:04 PM

Can someone tell me if URO will go back up?  Lips sealed Im 3 BTC down atm and its not looking good

Uro coin is perhaps legit but how much is one coin is another thing.
Last couple of days we saw just a big P&D. now it declines back to previous value of last weekend tahts all. All money are now in hands of whales
Allow

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:29:36 PM

https://twitter.com/Yzord/status/487640099073818624/

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:30:34 PM

Can someone tell me if URO will go back up?  Lips sealed Im 3 BTC down atm and its not looking good

The fact you're trying to get investment advice from this particular group of people shows it's not looking good for you anyway matey
KingKoing

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:31:46 PM

FAQ

Is URO coin a scam?

You have to come to your own conclusion here but when do you see scammer show his real identity and fight for his coin with a passion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsHF0C_gPck, and don't forget this coin had no ipo, no premine, just an active competent dev.

What is URO coin?

Uro is a cryptocurrency which is being backed by GES currently to offer 1 Tonne of Urea for 1 URO, soon other companies will join in the revolution, its essentially like a bond

Urea's price is volatile and depends on many factors and so is bitcoin, you can peg two volatile thing against each other, Uro is essentially a future bond, that you would always get 1 tonne of Urea for, its like how the government bank started with gold backing the dollar.

URO is getting many new features, including a live urea exchange market for urea trading, mobile app, and many more features where having your own coin makes this easier to implement

The company is not going to sell the URO coin at a loss, they will simply hold it, until the market catches up the price of Urea, which will not take to many btc, and will happen in weeks as soon as news of URO coin spreads.

These are large companies that deal with big orders, they probably don't want to deal with small orders, however when this coin becomes more mainstream, I am sure resellers or other companies will allow for smaller orders.

Urea cannot be stored, so you only buy as much as you need and cannot buy and store, URO changes that by allowing farmers to buy URO for the future.

Price of Urea can be a speculative market this allows traders to speculate on the price

No need to trust third party with future orders, any company who agree to the term will always accept 1 Uro for 1 tonne of Urea

Whats planned next?

This is my concern and biggest question regarding the entire coin and project.  Not many have the capital to hold onto an asset that "might be worth A LOT more in the future."  Right now it's too beneficial for someone to just go buy this coin at $6 dollars and sell it to a naive company for $300 and make incredible bank off of the deal, while the other sits on a large investment.  At 12500 being the minimum, if the coin never reaches this price of 1 Tonne of Urea, any company making this deal is taking a monumental risk that very well could bankrupt a company.  If you could explain why a company would take that much risk, I am all ears.  From that standpoint it just doesn't make sense.  

It's like me telling you right now that BTC will be worth $10,000 in the future and that's the value you should give to me RIGHT NOW.  No one in their right mind would do that and that's where my skepticism comes in.

its not going to take much btc to URO to urea price 500 btc, the company won't make a loss, because they wont sell at a loss, when the importers are finally aware, they will  buy URO coin of exchanges bringing the volume, your point about btc doesn't correspond to URO because bitcoin is backed by nothing, so you can't guess its value, whereas with URO coin you will always get 1 tonne of urea, hence you should be expected to pay that much.

But it still makes no sense.  You shouldn't be able to get 1 tonne of urea with 1 URO because the the prices don't equal up!  It's a $3 million dollar gamble to each and every company who would agree to this!  If someone is really willing to put 500 BTC+ to buy it all the way up, people are just going to dump it back down.  As long as it's on an exchange it's just not worth the same amount because the dev said so.  If right now it was going to ~$300 dollars a coin it MIGHT make more sense, but for now it would be a monumental gamble for a company to accept it as a payment.

Its only a gamble for the first company, after they deliver URO and probably only the first trade is risky, after that the price will correct up, people can dump the price, but if the community informs all the exporters/importers they will start putting money in to buy up the cheap URO coins, its like saying if you saw people selling gold for half price, and it was true, wouldn't you sell your house to buy that even up to a 10% discount price.

Yes, it's a HUGE gamble for the 1st company!  They are essentially giving $3.75 million dollars worth of product for coins which equal $75K today.  No one else sees this as a problem?  You keep saying, "the price will correct", "it will go up to 1 tonne = 1 URO."  No business in their right mind would make a deal like this based on nothing more than basic speculation.

But its not speculation if they deliver on their order, the price is bound to go up, so its not a risk, its certainty

But it's not a certainty at all!  As long as you, me, and any guy can trade it on an exchange it's very far from a certainty.  It's far, far, far more speculation then certainty.  Even you have to see this.  

Buy you don't get it when something is backed by a commodity it will always be worth the commodity, if someone starts dumping it for any less its there own stupidness, people will just start buying it up, If started selling 1 kg gold vouchers with actual price of $100,000 for $50,000, and people cashed out to gold, and it worked, what do you think will happen? I assure you those vouchers will be bought up in seconds, furthermore URO is going to bring new services and merchant tools, which is why it might trade over normal price, why do you think all these bank notes backed by gold worked? if the bank started selling a $100 bill for $1, do you not think one guy would just purchase it all, if there is certainty, no dump can crash the market.

Urea is commodity, it has real value, gold is much more speculative than Urea, Urea is used everywhere so it will always be needed, whereas the main use of gold is aesthetic products, not saying gold is not important, but both are very real, and have value, why else is there a market for urea?

I didn't say UREA, I said URO.  Of course UREA has a real value.  Gold also has a REAL value.  URO on the other hand has a perceived FUTURE value of 1 tonne of UREA.  But that's not its REAL value.  It's real value is around $6-7 or 2% of it's perceived future value.

IF and when this starts being traded 1 for 1, I will change my tune about it, but right now, at least in my mind it makes no sense for a company to take on the risk.
Allow

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:32:20 PM

FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:34:04 PM

You look at the list available on mintpal and got to remember this is maybe 1 of 4 coins which isn't total 100% dogshit for definite.
Chang Hum

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:37:38 PM

FAQ

Is URO coin a scam?

What is URO coin?

Whats planned next?

Urea is commodity, it has real value, gold is much more speculative than Urea, Urea is used everywhere so it will always be needed, whereas the main use of gold is aesthetic products, not saying gold is not important, but both are very real, and have value, why else is there a market for urea?

I didn't say UREA, I said URO.  Of course UREA has a real value.  Gold also has a REAL value.  URO on the other hand has a perceived FUTURE value of 1 tonne of UREA.  But that's not its REAL value.  It's real value is around $6-7 or 2% of it's perceived future value.

IF and when this starts being traded 1 for 1, I will change my tune about it, but right now, at least in my mind it makes no sense for a company to take on the risk.

You're wrong you're not taking into account market depth and liquidity relative to the minimum order price of 12500 Uro. A company would be lucky to get 1000th of the relative USD price the whole things insane.

Disclosure: I'm not here to troll but I'm genuinely fascinated by the number of incredibly stupid people that outweigh those with basic intelligence when scams like this occur.
ljm81

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:38:04 PM

Only 1way this is going, down down down!
Theres no fertilizer people its all smoke and mirrors
KingKoing

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:39:48 PM

FAQ

Is URO coin a scam?

What is URO coin?

Whats planned next?

URO has perceived value until the first trade is made and confirmed, that's true, after the first trade is made, the value is no longer perceived but now its tied to Urea, after all you can exchange it for Urea so it should be worth the same price as Urea, like bank notes, because you could exchange them for actual gold originally, there value was tied to gold.

Even if 1 trade is made, that does not give it a real value.  If that trade is made, that doesn't mean the price on the exchanges is just going to shoot up either.  It's only a real value if it can maintain that price.  Just because I can sell $30 watch to a naive person for $350 does not make it's value $350.  It's still high speculation.  Doesn't mean I won't keep my eye on it, but I'm speculative.  And unfortunately I have real work to do, time to close the BCT.org.
FryguyUK
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:40:19 PM

FAQ

Is URO coin a scam?

What is URO coin?

Whats planned next?

Comparing URO to gold is not a fair comparison.  GOLD has a real value.  URO has PERCEIVED value.

You're wrong you're not taking into account market depth and liquidity relative to the minimum order price of 12500 Uro. A company would be lucky to get 1000th of the relative USD price the whole things insane.

Disclosure: I'm not here to troll but I'm genuinely fascinated by the number of incredibly stupid people that outweigh those with basic intelligence when scams like this occur.

If it is it is elaborate. Nothing to do with gullibility, do whatever makes you feel that lil bit above other people chuck.

EDIT: 'with basic intelligence' how eloquently put.
Chang Hum

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:41:41 PM

It's a way for a scammer to assign value to an inherently worthless scam coin. If you look at Bohans Facebook page he was an outspoken supporter of Asia coin which is a well known scam that used obfuscated coding to hide a massive premine. My guess is he was behind that too.
FryguyUK
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:43:25 PM

more posts please. DRK and BLK got to where they were partly because the forums exploded with 600+ pages with FUDy days and happy days.
Chang Hum

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:44:41 PM

FAQ

Is URO coin a scam?

What is URO coin?

Whats planned next?

Comparing URO to gold is not a fair comparison.  GOLD has a real value.  URO has PERCEIVED value.

If it is it is elaborate. Nothing to do with gullibility, do whatever makes you feel that lil bit above other people chuck.

EDIT: 'with basic intelligence' how eloquently put.

He's gone to great lengths but the whole underlying ideas totally flawed. I know I sound arrogant, but I don't care and I don't feel that lil bit above them I think they're total fucking retards.
patronis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:44:55 PM

at what price did you buy-in?
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:45:12 PM

It's a way for a scammer to assign value to an inherently worthless scam coin. If you look at Bohans Facebook page he was an outspoken supporter of Asia coin which is a well known scam that used obfuscated coding to hide a massive premine. My guess is he was behind that too.

I remember on day 1 I looked at Asiacoin's website and could tell a non-Asian made this with its stereotypical hot Asian girl with big anime eyes that it was a scam and moved on from there. I mean really, "a coin for Asians to get them through these tough times"? Asian economies are booming right now. Unfortunately people got fooled.
FryguyUK
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:47:47 PM

If i was the coins dev and a scammer I think I'd have cashed out something over the last 14 hours of stability
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: