Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:33:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QCN] QuazarCoin | Full privacy&data protection | Egalitarian PoW  (Read 186531 times)
MadridReal

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:13:53 PM

Quazarcoin needs a huge PR-company. All the people of cryptoworld should know about its prospects
UberMakedonische

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:42:56 PM

And another thing, as i can see the dev is not reacting at all for the coin to be delisted from 2 big exchanges. Dev do you abandon this project or you have some plans for the coin?

Of course, we're working. We released alpha version of GUI wallet and we'll release new update soon including high level API.

Sorry for my previous reaction. I am following and mining QCN from the beginning. But obviously busony has interest only in profit and not to keep good coins on his exchange. I really hope that hitbtc will add QCN soon so we can trade. Keep up with good work. 
ontopicplease

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:05:30 PM

Hi, first time posting here, not new though. I have a question. I have qcn on poloniex and they are closing qcn-trade. How do I get a wallet downloaded on my pc. I am runnung windows 8. I tried to download on quazarcoin.org but didn't find the wallet on my pc.
tygarbyte

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

4mnth old Miner :-)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:55:30 PM

Hi, first time posting here, not new though. I have a question. I have qcn on poloniex and they are closing qcn-trade. How do I get a wallet downloaded on my pc. I am runnung windows 8. I tried to download on quazarcoin.org but didn't find the wallet on my pc.

similar to all other by bytecoin, xmr,duck etc etc

run quazarcoind.exe
wait for it to sync
run simplewallet.exe ( follow prompt - )
Create new wallet ( eg quazarcoin.bin)
in the folder there will be a txt file with your wallet address inside ( eg quazarcoin.bin.address.txt )

I mine therefor I am Smiley - WIN : WcLLYcZfHQAMMVwiaAtMECZQh1YfCPw88g
ontopicplease

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:44:38 AM

run quazarcoind.exe
wait for it to sync
in the folder there will be a txt file with your wallet address inside ( eg quazarcoin.bin.address.txt )

th, i will try
ontopicplease

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:45:00 AM

run quazarcoind.exe
wait for it to sync

Thanks foor advice, but I am stuck a bit, I think.
my quazarcoind.exe is synced
i run simplewallet.exe, but now a wallet was created (1Sog.....) and I get a new line saying'
[wallet 1Sog...]:
what to do now?
DreamSpace

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:14:31 AM

run quazarcoind.exe
wait for it to sync

i run simplewallet.exe, but now a wallet was created (1Sog.....) and I get a new line saying'
[wallet 1Sog...]:
what to do now?

Shortly:
 - start quazarcoind.exe, let it sync
 - start simplewallet.exe
 - then you have to specify a wallet-name (a.e. test.bin or 1Sog.bin etc..)
 - after that simplewallet asks you to specify the password
 - choose a password
 - done!
 - if you want to know the possible commands type in simplewallet "help"
 - the "wallet.bin", the keys and the adress will be saved in the folder where simplewallet and quazarcoind is extracted

-> to leave simplewallet or quazarcoind just type "exit" in the console (do it everytime for quazarcoind or the progress of the blockchain download will not be saved)

hope it helps, if not ask again Smiley
ontopicplease

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:28:36 AM

run quazarcoind.exe
wait for it to sync

[wallet 1Sog...]:
what to do now?

Shortly:
 - start simplewallet.exe
 - choose a password
 - done!
 - the "wallet.bin", the keys and the adress will be saved in the folder where simplewallet and quazarcoind is extracted

-> to leave simplewallet or quazarcoind just type "exit" in the console (do it everytime for quazarcoind or the progress of the blockchain download will not be saved)

This is what happened, maybe you can help me further, I just rewrite what I read in the simplewallet.exe;
"Specify wallet file namw<e.g., wallet.bin>. If the wallet doesn't exist, it will be created.
Wallet file name: -
The wallet doesn't exist, generating new one
password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Generated new wallet: 1Sog...............
Your wallet has been generated.
To start synchronizing the daemon use "refresh"command.
[wallet 1Sog....]: refresh
Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon <http://localhost23081>. Daemon either is not started or passed wrong port. Please, make sure that demon is running or restart the wallet with correct daemon address."

So far the text in here. What I did wrong was maybe typing "-" when wallet.bin was needed, I don't know, such a noob.
Thanks again for helping me.
DreamSpace

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:51:50 AM

run quazarcoind.exe
wait for it to sync

[wallet 1Sog...]:
what to do now?

Shortly:
 - start simplewallet.exe
 - choose a password
 - done!

This is what happened, maybe you can help me further, I just rewrite what I read in the simplewallet.exe;
"Specify wallet file namw<e.g., wallet.bin>. If the wallet doesn't exist, it will be created.
Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon <http://localhost23081>. Daemon either is not started or passed wrong port. Please, make sure that demon is running or restart the wallet with correct daemon address."

So far the text in here. What I did wrong was maybe typing "-" when wallet.bin was needed, I don't know, such a noob.

No problem, btw. i use linux but i think it should be similar for windows.

i would try it like this:
 - first start quazarcoind (must started before simplewallet and must run when you additionally start simplewallet)
 - try a test-walletname like test.bin ( i would suggest to add the *.bin suffix )
 - choose your password
 - should work
 - if not but when quazarcoind runs, it could be that quazarcoind must first fully synchronize
 - if so: wait
 - after a while try again to "refresh" in simplewallet, also you can close simplewallet until quazarcoind is fully synchronized, then start simplewallet (a.e. "simplewallet test.bin") again, type your password and check "refresh" or "balances" or whatever
 - should work 

again hope it helps, if not ask again Smiley
TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:12:54 PM

Hashrate and difficulty going down... good time to mine  Grin

OracionSeis (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:55:59 PM

And another thing, as i can see the dev is not reacting at all for the coin to be delisted from 2 big exchanges. Dev do you abandon this project or you have some plans for the coin?

Of course, we're working. We released alpha version of GUI wallet and we'll release new update soon including high level API.

Sorry for my previous reaction. I am following and mining QCN from the beginning. But obviously busony has interest only in profit and not to keep good coins on his exchange. I really hope that hitbtc will add QCN soon so we can trade. Keep up with good work. 

panic sell on bittrex and poloniex....not good at all!

This panic is inducted by the exchanges strange movement.
I don't understand what was behind this.

Quazar seems to be a good coin with active DEV. And nothing has really changed.

I think the dev needs to focus at making the coin good as possible technically.

I didn't dump my quazars and keep mining them. Wink

Good coin will find it's way to exchanges anyway.

I fully agree with you and would like to repeat that QuazarCoin has always been in the middle of the trade volume list.

We can trade on Bittrex now. Also HitBTC should add our QCN/BTC pair soon as I hope.

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
OracionSeis (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:07:19 PM

run quazarcoind.exe
wait for it to sync

[wallet 1Sog...]:
what to do now?

Shortly:
 - start simplewallet.exe
 - choose a password
 - done!

You can take advantage of a GUI-wallet for Win http://sourceforge.net/projects/quazarcoin/files/Quazarcoin-Wallet-Win.zip/download. Please note, quazarcoind.exe and simplewallet.exe must be in the same folder. Also you need save .keys file of your new wallet in your PC (use the 'export keys' function).

or

Create new wallet with correct name, you must type this command

Code:
simplewallet --generate-new-wallet=name_your_wallet.bin --pass=your_pass

OracionSeis (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:21:48 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 07:49:26 PM by OracionSeis

QCN HashInvest Pool was closed, all payouts processed.

You can mine on these pools:

QCNPool (0.75% fee)
http://qcnpool.org

Extreme Pool (0% fee)
http://qcn.extremepool.org

Ext-Pool (0% fee)
http://qcn.ext-pool.net

Omar G Pool (0.5% fee)
http://omargpools.ca/qcn

Cryptity Pool (0.5% fee)
http://qcn.cryptity.com

Xmining pool (1% fee)
http://quazar.xminingpool.com

Minin.Gs Pool (1% fee)
http://minin.gs/qcn

Yay!Mining Pool (1.2% fee)
https://yaymining.com/quazarcoin

MinerGate pool with native app (1.5% fee for pay per share and 1% fee if you go for PPLNS scheme)
https://minergate.com

CoolGecko

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:06:46 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 08:33:55 PM by CoolGecko

Hi;
I just tried out the new GUI wallet on Ubuntu 14.04. It looks real good to me. It has the basic functionality that people need. I imagine that more features will be added later when the API has been further developed and we have more RPC calls to work with.

In order for it to work, I had to put it in the same directory as quazarcoind and simplewallet and change the permissions to make it executable:

chmod +x Quazarcoin-Wallet-Linux

I installed the required dependencies:

sudo apt-get install libgdiplus mono-runtime

I did not start quazarcoind and simplewallet before starting Quazarcoin-Wallet-Linux, because I assumed that the new wallet would do that. It came up with a new Quazarcoin address with no coins in it. It seems, it didn't detect that I already had a wallet generated with coins in it and created a new one. That scared me a little, because I thought that it might have overwritten my files and I had lost my coins. But I tried simplewallet again and my coins are still there.

Before I experiment with it more, I'd like to backup my Quazarcoin address and coins just to be safe. I know how to do that with ordinary cryptocoins, but not with cryptonote. What files do I need to save?

Bitcoin:   1DZRJpmpVctHoP5neqHE9gayBNS3oJNjuV
Quazarcoin: 1PBL7vfv3oEBgVuE5yt3ptHydTACwuD6G9YVNpGLBgSYKN5wZbf1MA3CxfEU6aYNnDbktwyKCfJ2DM3 QRBUoC4NJAapjZEw
Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit
ontopicplease

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:31:33 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 08:44:27 PM by ontopicplease

run quazarcoind.exe
wait for it to sync

[wallet 1Sog...]:
what to do now?

Shortly:
 - start simplewallet.exe
 - choose a password
 - done!

You can take advantage of a GUI-wallet for Win http://sourceforge.net/projects/quazarcoin/files/Quazarcoin-Wallet-Win.zip/download. Please note, quazarcoind.exe and simplewallet.exe must be in the same folder. Also you need save .keys file of your new wallet in your PC (use the 'export keys' function).

or

Create new wallet with correct name, you must type this command

Code:
simplewallet --generate-new-wallet=name_your_wallet.bin --pass=your_pass

Thanks for advice. Still sounds all a lot like acacadabra to me. I followed the advice from dreamspace and got quazarcoin synced. Then I opened simplewallet.exe and choose as wallet name; test.bin. Now simplewallet.exe generated new wallet and a view key (Huh). Referesh is done as well.
Now I like to transfer my QCN from poloniex to my pc. But the problem is I cannot my wallet address copypaste and their is some issue with poloniex where I cannot fill  in my personal address.

The discussion goes like this;
Me; Hi, trying to withdraw my QCN as you asked your clients to do. I am filling in the address following;
transfer 0 <Deposit Address> <amount> <Payment ID>
and then I get message wrong address.
Can yopu help me
Poloniex; To withdrawal your QCN from Poloniex to your desktop wallet go to the balances page https://www.poloniex.com/balances and fill in the amount and your desktop wallet address into the QCN section respective fields.
If you need any more assistance just reply to this message.
Best regards,
Maybe you can help me, burt on bittrex I learned I had to phil the address and the paymentid.

The only thing I am thinking of now is; how on earth will it be possible that the every human being is going to use digital currency when the whole crypto-thing is so complicated. I know I am a noob in computerscience( but still attented university in mathematics and economics ), but a lot more people in world know far less then me about computers.

It's not strange that there is so much pressure on the QCN price, now poloniex and brittrex are tellling to substract the coins. People just don't know how to do it.

Another option, I sell you all my QCN for a price fair compared to the marketprice. I have like 33,000. These altcoins tilt me too much.
CoolGecko

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:33:22 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 10:25:31 PM by CoolGecko

...Now I like to transfer my QCN from poloniex to my pc. But the problem is I cannot my wallet address copypaste and their is some issue with poloniex where I cannot fill  in my personal address.

I bought QCN at Poloniex and was able to transfer the coins to my wallet. I keep information, such as my wallet address, in text files and probably just copied and pasted the address from my text editor. The cryptonote wallet addresses are very long, much longer than bitcoin addresses. Here is my address that worked on Poloniex: 1PBL7vfv3oEBgVuE5yt3ptHydTACwuD6G9YVNpGLBgSYKN5wZbf1MA3CxfEU6aYNnDbktwyKCfJ2DM3 QRBUoC4NJAapjZEw

It's possible that the address had gotten truncated in the process of copying and pasting. Make sure that the address you paste is actually that long after being pasted.

The only thing I am thinking of now is; how on earth will it be possible that the every human being is going to use digital currency when the whole crypto-thing is so complicated. I know I am a noob in computerscience( but still attented university in mathematics and economics ), but a lot more people in world know far less then me about computers...

I agree that especially cryptonote coins are too difficult for ordinary folks who are afraid of the command line. Being a new technology, cryptonote isn't fully developed yet and as you see GUI wallets are now just being developed. Computers were difficult to use also when they first came out, but now most people are able to use them. It's takes time to develop technology and make it easy to use. Some people think that everyone will use cryptocoins in the future and it will replace all paper money. I don't believe that. Cryptocoins are more convenient to use for certain things, but other forms of money will continue to be used.

Bitcoin:   1DZRJpmpVctHoP5neqHE9gayBNS3oJNjuV
Quazarcoin: 1PBL7vfv3oEBgVuE5yt3ptHydTACwuD6G9YVNpGLBgSYKN5wZbf1MA3CxfEU6aYNnDbktwyKCfJ2DM3 QRBUoC4NJAapjZEw
Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit
Keeminakar

Activity: 299
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:47:12 PM

Quazarcoin needs a huge PR-company. All the people of cryptoworld should know about its prospects

Idea is great, but I have one simple question: where get money?

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
ontopicplease

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:30:23 AM

...Now I like to transfer my QCN from poloniex to my pc. But the problem is I cannot my wallet address copypaste and their is some issue with poloniex where I cannot fill  in my personal address.

I bought QCN at Poloniex and was able to transfer the coins to my wallet. I keep information, such as my wallet address, in text files and probably just copied and pasted the address from my text editor. The cryptonote wallet addresses are very long, much longer than bitcoin addresses. Here is my address that worked on Poloniex: 1PBL7vfv3oEBgVuE5yt3ptHydTACwuD6G9YVNpGLBgSYKN5wZbf1MA3CxfEU6aYNnDbktwyKCfJ2DM3 QRBUoC4NJAapjZEw

It's possible that the address had gotten truncated in the process of copying and pasting. Make sure that the address you paste is actually that long after being pasted.

The only thing I am thinking of now is; how on earth will it be possible that the every human being is going to use digital currency when the whole crypto-thing is so complicated. I know I am a noob in computerscience( but still attented university in mathematics and economics ), but a lot more people in world know far less then me about computers...

I agree that especially cryptonote coins are too difficult for ordinary folks who are afraid of the command line. Being a new technology, cryptonote isn't fully developed yet and as you see GUI wallets are now just being developed. Computers were difficult to use also when they first came out, but now most people are able to use them. It's takes time to develop technology and make it easy to use. Some people think that everyone will use cryptocoins in the future and it will replace all paper money. I don't believe that. Cryptocoins are more convenient to use for certain things, but other forms of money will continue to be used.

Thanks for helping, got my coins of the exchanges now.
Another question; how do me make a backup from the coins on my pc?
DreamSpace

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:37:37 AM

(.......)

Thanks for advice. Still sounds all a lot like acacadabra to me. I followed the advice from dreamspace and got quazarcoin synced. Then I opened simplewallet.exe and choose as wallet name; test.bin. Now simplewallet.exe generated new wallet and a view key (Huh). Referesh is done as well.
Now I like to transfer my QCN from poloniex to my pc. But the problem is I cannot my wallet address copypaste and their is some issue with poloniex where I cannot fill  in my personal address.

The discussion goes like this;
Me; Hi, trying to withdraw my QCN as you asked your clients to do. I am filling in the address following;
transfer 0 <Deposit Address> <amount> <Payment ID>
and then I get message wrong address.
Can yopu help me
Poloniex; To withdrawal your QCN from Poloniex to your desktop wallet go to the balances page https://www.poloniex.com/balances and fill in the amount and your desktop wallet address into the QCN section respective fields.
If you need any more assistance just reply to this message.
Best regards,
Maybe you can help me, burt on bittrex I learned I had to phil the address and the paymentid.

The only thing I am thinking of now is; how on earth will it be possible that the every human being is going to use digital currency when the whole crypto-thing is so complicated. I know I am a noob in computerscience( but still attented university in mathematics and economics ), but a lot more people in world know far less then me about computers.

It's not strange that there is so much pressure on the QCN price, now poloniex and brittrex are tellling to substract the coins. People just don't know how to do it.

Another option, I sell you all my QCN for a price fair compared to the marketprice. I have like 33,000. These altcoins tilt me too much.

yes cryptonotes are in its usage actually more tricky then the usual bitcoin clients and clones, but we already have here an alpha gui-wallet.

but to your questions:
the payment-id you need only if you want to deposit Quazars from your wallet to the exchanges.
if you want to withdraw your quazarcoins to your wallet, you don't need the payment-id.

and for the address you can open the adress.file in your folder, where you extracted the wallet files, you will find the file, after you made a wallet, a.e. "test.bin" is your wallet, then your corresponding adress file is
something like "test.bin.address.txt" and from there it is no problem to copy and paste your address.

for windows if you want to copy something into the command line and it won't work:

Ok this is what i already know but I wonder how to write the id and the address inside the wallet?
I have to write them by hand? Because when I try to copy/paste all i get is ^V after the transfer command...

check in the cmd-box the properties (right mouse-click somewhere on the borders of the cmd-box) and activate under "options" quick-edit, when you have copied sth. it appears in the cmd-box with a right mouse click
DreamSpace

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:40:56 AM

Thanks for helping, got my coins of the exchanges now.
Another question; how do me make a backup from the coins on my pc?

Just copy 3 files to a destination where it is safe, as example for "test.bin" it is:
 - test.bin
 - test.bin.address.txt
 - test.bin.keys

thats all, after that you can delete these 3 files, if you made already a backup and copy them back if you need them again.
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: