Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:17:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QCN] QuazarCoin | Full privacy&data protection | Egalitarian PoW  (Read 186531 times)
Breaking6745

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:19:07 PM

I have my doubts that the long-term strategy of Quazarcoin mining will justify itself. The electricity bill sort of scared me last week.
CoolGecko

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:11:49 AM

I have my doubts that the long-term strategy of Quazarcoin mining will justify itself. The electricity bill sort of scared me last week.

One of the reasons I'm attracted to Quazarcoin is that it has a slower emission curve than some of it's competition. Bitcoin was designed for the long-term and has a slow emission curve and Quazarcoins curve is similar but slightly slower. Some other coins, have a much faster curve and what's going to happen when the coins are all mined? Transaction fees may not be sufficient to attract miners. The developers might have to modify the coin to keep the network functioning. We will see what happens. The design of some of the other coins seems rather short-sighted to me.

Bitcoin:   1DZRJpmpVctHoP5neqHE9gayBNS3oJNjuV
Quazarcoin: 1PBL7vfv3oEBgVuE5yt3ptHydTACwuD6G9YVNpGLBgSYKN5wZbf1MA3CxfEU6aYNnDbktwyKCfJ2DM3 QRBUoC4NJAapjZEw
Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit
marada

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:04:56 AM

One of the reasons I'm attracted to Quazarcoin is that it has a slower emission curve than some of it's competition. Bitcoin was designed for the long-term and has a slow emission curve and Quazarcoins curve is similar but slightly slower. Some other coins, have a much faster curve and what's going to happen when the coins are all mined? Transaction fees may not be sufficient to attract miners. The developers might have to modify the coin to keep the network functioning. We will see what happens. The design of some of the other coins seems rather short-sighted to me.

I agree completely. Aggressive emission curves result with security issues in the latter phase due to insufficient network hashrates.
Some miners and investors wanted already to get rich fast this way but they could not find fools to secure and move their riches trough the network, so it turned into ashes.

The additional problem is the early period being dominated by the private and closed source GPU miner and it may cover all the early distribution phase.
Quazarcoin is also affected by this issue but it will not hit as much the total distribution in the long period.
That is why I decided to stick with Quazarcoin.
FasterStronger

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:51:49 AM

I agree completely. Aggressive emission curves result with security issues in the latter phase due to insufficient network hashrates.
Some miners and investors wanted already to get rich fast this way but they could not find fools to secure and move their riches trough the network, so it turned into ashes.

The additional problem is the early period being dominated by the private and closed source GPU miner and it may cover all the early distribution phase.
Quazarcoin is also affected by this issue but it will not hit as much the total distribution in the long period.
That is why I decided to stick with Quazarcoin.

I quite agree here. I trust Quazarcoin devs team, I think they've been doing a great job.
Devs of some other coins (we won't reveal their names, even though we all know them) used viruses and Trojans in their code to infect miners' computers. Also, some devs make childish mistakes in the code, which results in loss of miners' money. This has never happened in Quazarcoin, what's why I think this coin deserves my attention despite the low price.
BigBrother

Activity: 439

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:30:13 AM

Could we call Quazarcoin the safest and most anonymous coin, or all coins that are CN-based provide the same level of anonymity?

DreamSpace

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:48:18 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 03:30:35 AM by DreamSpace

to point 1.)
please explain me where you see a proof that the dev of quazarcoin is connected to bytecoin?
i can't find one, he did a fork, monero was a fork, so what is the problem?

It's in the original post under "all tied up in a bow" or something like that. Essentially all of the cryptonote/bytecoin-run coins used the same ISPs, same mail providers, same very idiosyncratic web designs elements, etc. A reasonable sample of other coins shows that very few if any unaffiliated coins used the same hosting resources and I very much doubt any of them used the css reset. Some of this was likely changed after that post came out, but it was accurate at the time (I checked most of it).

This is not 100% absolute irrefutable evidence (though I'm not sure what would be) but is pretty damn compelling, especially when viewed in light of the comparison with other, clearly-unaffiliated coins.

i searched a little bit in the original threads and my conclusion is that oracionseis just made a new clean launch, with under the circumstances a very unlucky first name but he launched the coin as QuazarCoin.
i see nothing fishy here (with exception of the first used name, but he launched not with that name!), can you give me a link where the discussion about same ISPs etc happened?
i watched here https://bitcointa.lk/threads/ann-mro-monero-privacy-data-protection-cpu-only-0-premine-fast-miner.310690/page-4

and additional how can it be a scam? there is no premine, not even a emission curve, which favours early miners extraordinary.
so please explain, i am really interested in your answer.

Who knows. You'd have to ask them. I've commented on the caretaker developer pump-and-dump scam (they're holding coins from early mining and will keep up appearance of development while they slowly sell, until they're done, and then its good bye for good), but I will be the first to admit I'm totally guessing. However, I'm going to be a bit skeptical when affiliation with a clearly-scummy organization (and with respect to your comment about the truth being the first casualty, this really isn't even controversial any more) has been demonstrated.

maybe the quazarcoin devs want to say sth. ?
but not even the caretaker argument is valid in this state, because there is not much room for dumping Smiley. and also i mined with my old crappy hardware (RIP) in the first weeks and even with that i got nearly 80 quazars (don't laugh this here is just like a hobby for me) and it looks not that they want to abandon the coin.

to point 2.)
to be honest i don't get it, whats the point here (english is not my native language) ?

Someone claimed that the GUI was "recently" developed, and cited this as evidence of this coin having very active development. I disagree and the link provides background support for my claim that the GUI was largely developed by early June.

ok what i can say is that the first gui-wallet was for mac, made by pfo, link here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615732.msg7196215#msg7196215 (8 june)

i still keep my opinion that i see here absolut no sign of a scam but a lot of blood in the streets, too many emotions and suspicions etc.,  but in contrary a nice launch, a very nice emission curve and devs which are looking still trustworthy for me.
i will stay with QuazarCoin

good luck all and peace, there are quite more important things in the world actually then this kind of crypto-greed and crypto-war (no offending and not specific just saying it generally) which i am experiencing here

edit: s-h-i-t  Tongue https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615732.msg8742953#msg8742953
thoridan

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:59:14 PM

Anyone else having trouble getting coins from minin.gs? Or just me? Emailed support and nothing

You can send PM to gpools who is the pool owner.

Done that twice.

I'll just consider the 200 coins stolen until I get an answer from him. Needless to say I'm mining elsewhere now - my own fault for leaving it running over the weekend and not checking sooner.

Gpools, minin.gs have had 3 chances to reply to me and pay me - maybe they should be taken off the ANN OP Oracion
FasterStronger

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:30:23 PM

Is it true that Quazarcoin price  has grown? Shocked I can't believe it.
Elerntta

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:01:35 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 10:16:33 AM by Elerntta

Anyone else having trouble getting coins from minin.gs? Or just me? Emailed support and nothing

Done that twice.

I'll just consider the 200 coins stolen until I get an answer from him. Needless to say I'm mining elsewhere now - my own fault for leaving it running over the weekend and not checking sooner.

Gpools, minin.gs have had 3 chances to reply to me and pay me - maybe they should be taken off the ANN OP Oracion

Why do you think that coins should be taken off the ANN OP Oracion?

I don’t  get any troubles, when I use minin.gs. I suppose you making something wroпg.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
thoridan

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:34:52 AM

Done that twice.

Why do you think that they should be taken off the ANN OP Oracion?

I haven't got any troubles, when I used minin.gs. I suppose you making something wronпg

Previously I hadn't had any troubles either when mining there a month ago, I jumped to hashinvest when the payment issues started and also because hashinvest seemed more stable for the miner I was using.
I went back to minin.gs when hashinvest closed the qcn pool, according to their home page the automatic payout issues where fixed.
I now have just over 200 coins sitting on my pending payout, gpools has had more than enough time to reply to me - he has been online after each pm I sent
Zosergag

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:20:00 AM

Guys, I have a great idea! May 8 is Quazarcoin birthday. That's why I think we should celebrate it. It will be our holiday and kinda reward for our efforts.
Keeminakar

Activity: 299
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:16:34 PM

I missed the news about Quazarcoin being added to Hitbtc. This is great. In my opinion it was crazy step for other exchanges to delist Quazarcoin.
It seems the patch of bad luck for this coin is over, and I hope we'll be getting good news only about Quazarcoin.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
gpools

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:57:01 AM

Done that twice.

I haven't got any troubles, when I used minin.gs. I suppose you making something wronпg

Previously I hadn't had any troubles either when mining there a month ago, I jumped to hashinvest when the payment issues started and also because hashinvest seemed more stable for the miner I was using.
I went back to minin.gs when hashinvest closed the qcn pool, according to their home page the automatic payout issues where fixed.
I now have just over 200 coins sitting on my pending payout, gpools has had more than enough time to reply to me - he has been online after each pm I sent
sorry but i'm not home can't send you qcn now i'm payment please don't use my pool .@OracionSeis  please remove my pool on OP
OracionSeis (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:56:17 PM

I have a few geeky questions about cryptonote.

Why are the incoming transaction amounts broken into multiple inputs. Like for example, 34.7 might show as
3 inputs: 30, 4 and 0.7

JSON incoming transaction lists look like this:
Code:
[ { amount: 700000000000,
    global_index: 55734,
    spent: false,
    tx_hash: '<2c96d15134c272bd03a7677eb48bef5f0c3a8de29f215c71f60b59e6a4a73baa>' },
  { amount: 4000000000000,
    global_index: 25328,
    tx_hash: '<2c96d15134c272bd03a7677eb48bef5f0c3a8de29f215c71f60b59e6a4a73baa>' },
  { amount: 30000000000000,
    global_index: 745,
    tx_hash: '<2c96d15134c272bd03a7677eb48bef5f0c3a8de29f215c71f60b59e6a4a73baa>' } ]

Is this done for anonymity? Is there any danger in summing these together to get the original transaction amount in the user's wallet?

What does the "global_index" property mean?

You're right, it was made for anonymity. When you're sending an anonymous transaction, you have to find other outputs for each of the outputs you have. The outputs need to be standard in order to make it easier.

"global_index" is a number of a single output from the list of outputs for the same amount.
Thankyou! That makes sense. It should be OK to add the inputs together in the wallet to get the whole transaction amount. So long as the inputs have all come into the wallet the total should be correct. I asked because I'm working on my own GUI wallet project, which I started before the other wallet was released. It's no longer needed but is a fun project for me.

Why? It's interesting. Could you write me a PM with some details? I would be very glad to see your work if it's possible.

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
OracionSeis (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:58:38 PM

Today I discovered video guides for windows users. They are really useful and helpful. Whoever is using Windows, must try it. I highly recommend them.

Thanks.

Video guides can be viewed here:

Video guide for installing QCN daemon and wallet. The 6 step tutorial for Win-users
Video tutorial to mastering the QCN wallet for Win-users

OracionSeis (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:08:13 PM

Done that twice.

sorry but i'm not home can't send you qcn now i'm payment please don't use my pool .@OracionSeis  please remove my pool on OP

I've removed gpools on the OP&site. gpools, please check PM.

If anyone didn't receive the payments with this pool PM me. Also I've send PM to thoridan and I'll solve this problem.

OracionSeis (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:15:50 PM

Minin.Gs Pool was closed, all payouts processed.

You can mine on these pools:

QCNPool (0.75% fee)
http://qcnpool.org

Extreme Pool (0% fee)
http://qcn.extremepool.org

Ext-Pool (0% fee)
http://qcn.ext-pool.net

Omar G Pool (0.5% fee)
http://omargpools.ca/qcn

Cryptity Pool (0.5% fee)
http://qcn.cryptity.com

Xmining pool (1% fee)
http://quazar.xminingpool.com

Yay!Mining Pool (1.2% fee)
https://yaymining.com/quazarcoin

MinerGate pool with native app (1.5% fee for pay per share and 1% fee if you go for PPLNS scheme)
https://minergate.com

OracionSeis (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:28:53 PM

Here's a small but important update

The backdoor which had the possibility to make a fork of blockchain was closed. Last week one of the CryptoNote coins was under attack.

Kindly update your binaries.

Win64
Linux
Mac OS X
Source

shaobao88

Activity: 65

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:02:51 PM

QCNPool (0.75% fee)

Extreme Pool (0% fee)

Ext-Pool (0% fee)

Omar G Pool (0.5% fee)

Cryptity Pool (0.5% fee)

Xmining pool (1% fee)

MinerGate pool with native app (1.5% fee for pay per share and 1% fee if you go for PPLNS scheme)

What have happened to this pool? it turns out, nobody will lose his money and we can be calm about it?

Donations please: 1EFZWvKYenToSYtCd98qYwmBnkpRT1Dddr
Zosergag

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:29:22 PM

QCNPool (0.75% fee)

Extreme Pool (0% fee)

Ext-Pool (0% fee)

Omar G Pool (0.5% fee)

Cryptity Pool (0.5% fee)

Xmining pool (1% fee)

What have happened to this pool? it turns out, nobody will lose his money and we can be calm about it?

Apparently, it didn't overcome the competition. A list of pools is rather large! Are all of them listed here?
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: