Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:15:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QCN] QuazarCoin | Full privacy&data protection | Egalitarian PoW  (Read 186531 times)
Keeminakar

Activity: 299
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:33:51 AM

I have a strange question: why the coin's name is Quazarcoin?

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Breaking6745

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:38:11 AM

I have a strange question: why the coin's name is Quazarcoin?

Interesting question, I never even thought about it. I'll be glad to know the answer to it
DreamSpace

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:39:48 AM

Devs, do you remember about a Quazarcoin? I would like to see some updates, which will indicates that the coin isn't dead

They recently developed a GUI wallet, which is a major thing. But they haven't changed their github pages for 2 months. People who go to github to see how active the developers are will get the impression that they aren't doing much. For that reason I think it's important to keep github up to date with he latest improvements. Unless there is a reason not to, the new wallet should be included on github. Even if it's currently at the alpha stage, it can be put on github and labelled alpha.

The GUI wallet was not "recently developed." It was released on June 6, and recently rereleased. There is no real development going on here. The lead developer pops in every once in a while and makes some posts, what he does the rest of the time I have no idea, but it has little to do with the coin.

The thread itself is kept alive by a series of one- or two-line posts that are almost always devoid of real content (usually some form of cheerleading or inane comment). I have no idea if these are deliberate sock puppets or bots that are mining post counts for sig campaigns. Almost certainly one or the other (or both).

You are witnessing a coin-mill clone coin in the caretaker phase. More info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.0

are you not in the monero dev team and you have the need to make this post here?
i thought you are smooth and not ugly, but nice to know.

and to your link, its about the shady origin of bytecoin and has nothing to do with quazarcoin.
but the article is like propaganda against all other cryptonotes, of course with exception of monero (such a random).

and finally you say that here are only sockpuppets posting, lol whats wrong with you?

Monero looks from day to day more shady for me, the aggresive behaviour of the community, the whales which i think controlling the market nearly complete and im sure at one point they want to cash out or move to a better opportunity, leaving the small fishes alone, the extreme emission curve which is only nice for the very early miners and so on..
BilliJo

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:20:47 PM

hitbtc started trading QuazarCoins
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:31:41 PM

Devs, do you remember about a Quazarcoin? I would like to see some updates, which will indicates that the coin isn't dead

They recently developed a GUI wallet, which is a major thing. But they haven't changed their github pages for 2 months. People who go to github to see how active the developers are will get the impression that they aren't doing much. For that reason I think it's important to keep github up to date with he latest improvements. Unless there is a reason not to, the new wallet should be included on github. Even if it's currently at the alpha stage, it can be put on github and labelled alpha.

The GUI wallet was not "recently developed." It was released on June 6, and recently rereleased. There is no real development going on here. The lead developer pops in every once in a while and makes some posts, what he does the rest of the time I have no idea, but it has little to do with the coin.

The thread itself is kept alive by a series of one- or two-line posts that are almost always devoid of real content (usually some form of cheerleading or inane comment). I have no idea if these are deliberate sock puppets or bots that are mining post counts for sig campaigns. Almost certainly one or the other (or both).

You are witnessing a coin-mill clone coin in the caretaker phase. More info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.0

are you not in the monero dev team and you have the need to make this post here?

and to your link, its about the shady origin of bytecoin and has nothing to do with quazarcoin.
but the article is like propaganda against all other cryptonotes, of course with exception of monero (such a random).

and finally you say that here are only sockpuppets posting, lol whats wrong with you?

Monero looks from day to day more shady for me, the aggresive behaviour of the community, the whales which i think controlling the market nearly complete and im sure at one point they want to cash out or move to a better opportunity, leaving the small fishes alone, the extreme emission curve which is only nice for the very early miners and so on..

1. The link is relevant because it explained how QCN and a bunch of other coins are all run by the same shady CryptoNote people behind the bytecoin scam. Monero obviously is not, and this is not "random" since its developers are all well known in the community and some even go by their real identities. Which of the shady Cryptonote clone coins has developers using real identities?

2. The link is also directly relevant because the QCN developer posted on that thread explaining how the wallet was developed for QCN back in June (I mistakenly thought it was developed for XMR first, but that was wrong and I corrected that).

3. I see mostly sock puppets posting here. That is a fact.

4. If you enjoy QCN have fun with it, in fact you might as well take over developing it, because no one else is really doing much.

5. Why try to change the subject to (your opinion about) Monero? Did I mention Monero at all? Did I try to promote it? Answer: No to all of the above. I responded to a comment about the GUI and the amount of development happening here that I felt was misleading, and I explained my the background for my opinion by referring to rethink-your-strategy's research. Simple as that.

thoridan

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:35:53 PM

Anyone else having trouble getting coins from minin.gs? Or just me? Emailed support and nothing
OracionSeis (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:42:45 PM

Folks, pay attention to Extreme Pool.

33zer0w0lf kindly reduced the fee to 0%.

http://qcn.extremepool.org

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
OracionSeis (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:44:28 PM

Anyone else having trouble getting coins from minin.gs? Or just me? Emailed support and nothing

You can send PM to gpools who is the pool owner.

OracionSeis (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:48:38 PM

Hi;
I just tried out the new GUI wallet on Ubuntu 14.04. It looks real good to me. It has the basic functionality that people need. I imagine that more features will be added later when the API has been further developed and we have more RPC calls to work with.

In order for it to work, I had to put it in the same directory as quazarcoind and simplewallet and change the permissions to make it executable:

chmod +x Quazarcoin-Wallet-Linux

I installed the required dependencies:

sudo apt-get install libgdiplus mono-runtime

I did not start quazarcoind and simplewallet before starting Quazarcoin-Wallet-Linux, because I assumed that the new wallet would do that. It came up with a new Quazarcoin address with no coins in it. It seems, it didn't detect that I already had a wallet generated with coins in it and created a new one. That scared me a little, because I thought that it might have overwritten my files and I had lost my coins. But I tried simplewallet again and my coins are still there.

Before I experiment with it more, I'd like to backup my Quazarcoin address and coins just to be safe. I know how to do that with ordinary cryptocoins, but not with cryptonote. What files do I need to save?

If you use Quazarcoin-Wallet-Linux you can use Export&Import functions. If you use daemon&simplewallet your data is automatically saved in the folder.

OracionSeis (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:58:39 PM

hitbtc started trading QuazarCoins

Good trading!

https://hitbtc.com/terminal/QCNBTC

OracionSeis (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:25:09 PM

Added to the main post

https://www.briehost.com/knowledgebase/311/QuazarCoin-QCN.htm

qaz6767

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:27:38 PM

why so slow blocks generated? times of 30 minutes or more....
shaobao88

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:37:44 AM

Yes, you're right. I hope next update will solve this problem

Donations please: 1EFZWvKYenToSYtCd98qYwmBnkpRT1Dddr
DreamSpace

Activity: 556

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:55:26 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 01:14:31 PM by DreamSpace

1. The link is relevant because it explained how QCN and a bunch of other coins are all run by the same shady CryptoNote people behind the bytecoin scam. Monero obviously is not, and this is not "random" since its developers are all well known in the community and some even go by their real identities. Which of the shady Cryptonote clone coins has developers using real identities?

2. The link is also directly relevant because the QCN developer posted on that thread explaining how the wallet was developed for QCN back in June (I mistakenly thought it was developed for XMR first, but that was wrong and I corrected that).

3. I see mostly sock puppets posting here. That is a fact.

4. If you enjoy QCN have fun with it, in fact you might as well take over developing it, because no one else is really doing much.

5. Why try to change the subject to (your opinion about) Monero? Did I mention Monero at all? Did I try to promote it? Answer: No to all of the above. I responded to a comment about the GUI and the amount of development happening here that I felt was misleading, and I explained my the background for my opinion by referring to rethink-your-strategy's research. Simple as that.

i tried to read most of the linked stuff, but i am not finished with all, but it looks really like a cryptonote war, and we know the truth is the first casualty of war.

to point 1.)
please explain me where you see a proof that the dev of quazarcoin is connected to bytecoin?
i can't find one, he did a fork, monero was a fork, so what is the problem?
and additional how can it be a scam? there is no premine, not even a emission curve, which favours early miners extraordinary.
so please explain, i am really interested in your answer.

to point 2.)
to be honest i don't get it, whats the point here (english is not my native language) ?

to point 3.)
should i answer this... not really, but yes could be more activity here.

to point 4.)
i have no time at all, but as i see the quazarcoin dev is doing what he is promising and also just in time.
as example i asked if there is a linux-gui wallet available, and few days later it was available, nice Smiley

to point 5.)
read your last post and therefore my first sentence of my answer was:
"are you not in the monero dev team and you have the need to make this post here?",
i respect your opinion, but the sound makes the music.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:19:21 PM

to point 1.)
please explain me where you see a proof that the dev of quazarcoin is connected to bytecoin?
i can't find one, he did a fork, monero was a fork, so what is the problem?

It's in the original post under "all tied up in a bow" or something like that. Essentially all of the cryptonote/bytecoin-run coins used the same ISPs, same mail providers, same very idiosyncratic web designs elements, etc. A reasonable sample of other coins shows that very few if any unaffiliated coins used the same hosting resources and I very much doubt any of them used the css reset. Some of this was likely changed after that post came out, but it was accurate at the time (I checked most of it).

This is not 100% absolute irrefutable evidence (though I'm not sure what would be) but is pretty damn compelling, especially when viewed in light of the comparison with other, clearly-unaffiliated coins.

and additional how can it be a scam? there is no premine, not even a emission curve, which favours early miners extraordinary.
so please explain, i am really interested in your answer.

Who knows. You'd have to ask them. I've commented on the caretaker developer pump-and-dump scam (they're holding coins from early mining and will keep up appearance of development while they slowly sell, until they're done, and then its good bye for good), but I will be the first to admit I'm totally guessing. However, I'm going to be a bit skeptical when affiliation with a clearly-scummy organization (and with respect to your comment about the truth being the first casualty, this really isn't even controversial any more) has been demonstrated.

to point 2.)
to be honest i don't get it, whats the point here (english is not my native language) ?

Someone claimed that the GUI was "recently" developed, and cited this as evidence of this coin having very active development. I disagree and the link provides background support for my claim that the GUI was largely developed by early June.

to point 5.)
read your last post and therefore my first sentence of my answer was:
"are you not in the monero dev team and you have the need to make this post here?",
i respect your opinion, but the sound makes the music.

Fair enough. I comment on all sorts of things, especially scams and other questionable practices. I did this before I started working on Monero and I'll do it after.
OracionSeis (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:37:41 PM

Yes, you're right. I hope next update will solve this problem

I might have misunderstood you. Nevertheless, blocks are found regularly which you can see if you look at the blockchain https://minergate.com/blockchain/qcn/blocks

OracionSeis (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:45:08 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 08:07:15 PM by OracionSeis

I have a few geeky questions about cryptonote.

Why are the incoming transaction amounts broken into multiple inputs. Like for example, 34.7 might show as
3 inputs: 30, 4 and 0.7

JSON incoming transaction lists look like this:
Code:
[ { amount: 700000000000,
    global_index: 55734,
    spent: false,
    tx_hash: '<2c96d15134c272bd03a7677eb48bef5f0c3a8de29f215c71f60b59e6a4a73baa>' },
  { amount: 4000000000000,
    global_index: 25328,
    tx_hash: '<2c96d15134c272bd03a7677eb48bef5f0c3a8de29f215c71f60b59e6a4a73baa>' },
  { amount: 30000000000000,
    global_index: 745,
    tx_hash: '<2c96d15134c272bd03a7677eb48bef5f0c3a8de29f215c71f60b59e6a4a73baa>' } ]

Is this done for anonymity? Is there any danger in summing these together to get the original transaction amount in the user's wallet?

What does the "global_index" property mean?

You're right, it was made for anonymity. When you're sending an anonymous transaction, you have to find other outputs for each of the outputs you have. The outputs need to be standard in order to make it easier.

"global_index" is a number of a single output from the list of outputs for the same amount.

CoolGecko

Activity: 214

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:20:38 PM

The blocks are supposed to be 2 minutes apart on average. Lets see:

We are at approx block 82,500, so 82,500 blocks have been generated.

It's been almost 4 months since release. The minutes that have passed since then is about:

4*30*24*60 or 172,800 minutes

That would average about 172,800/82,500 or 2.09 minutes/block.

If you see larger times, maybe you are looking at the time between the generation of blocks at a particular pool, not for the whole network.

Bitcoin:   1DZRJpmpVctHoP5neqHE9gayBNS3oJNjuV
Quazarcoin: 1PBL7vfv3oEBgVuE5yt3ptHydTACwuD6G9YVNpGLBgSYKN5wZbf1MA3CxfEU6aYNnDbktwyKCfJ2DM3 QRBUoC4NJAapjZEw
Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit
CoolGecko

Activity: 214

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:37:25 PM

I have a few geeky questions about cryptonote.

Why are the incoming transaction amounts broken into multiple inputs. Like for example, 34.7 might show as
3 inputs: 30, 4 and 0.7

JSON incoming transaction lists look like this:
Code:
[ { amount: 700000000000,
    global_index: 55734,
  { amount: 4000000000000,
    global_index: 25328,
  { amount: 30000000000000,
    global_index: 745,
    tx_hash: '<2c96d15134c272bd03a7677eb48bef5f0c3a8de29f215c71f60b59e6a4a73baa>' } ]

Is this done for anonymity? Is there any danger in summing these together to get the original transaction amount in the user's wallet?

What does the "global_index" property mean?

You're right, it was made for anonymity. When you're sending an anonymous transaction, you have to find other outputs for each of the outputs you have. The outputs need to be standard in order to make it easier.

"global_index" is a number of a single output from the list of outputs for the same amount.
Thankyou! That makes sense. It should be OK to add the inputs together in the wallet to get the whole transaction amount. So long as the inputs have all come into the wallet the total should be correct. I asked because I'm working on my own GUI wallet project, which I started before the other wallet was released. It's no longer needed but is a fun project for me.

Bitcoin:   1DZRJpmpVctHoP5neqHE9gayBNS3oJNjuV
Quazarcoin: 1PBL7vfv3oEBgVuE5yt3ptHydTACwuD6G9YVNpGLBgSYKN5wZbf1MA3CxfEU6aYNnDbktwyKCfJ2DM3 QRBUoC4NJAapjZEw
Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit
Keeminakar

Activity: 299
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:19:17 AM

Today I discovered video guides for windows users. They are really useful and helpful. Whoever is using Windows, must try it. I highly recommend them.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: