Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:34:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355399 times)
bit-coin.pt

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

bit-coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 03:22:56 PM

... Typo corrected... sorry about that  Roll Eyes

Bit-Coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal - Ajuda o projecto com donativos para 18brXUnsJEXmmEwuwdf7QfkfwQY341492f

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:23:37 PM

Crypts gone stagnant nobody wants to buy, probably going to tumble.

Pump veri.
Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:47:27 PM

veriwiki would be nice ,  with aaaalll the questions people have been answered by dev and community. Smiley
Like DRK have . By the way can somebody explain me this centralisation stuff everyone is FUD arround?
our PoS system works...and PoS mean PROOF of STAKE  so... that mean WE confirm the transactions.
Cant see any centralisation here. Or am i wrong.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
saberu

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:07:12 PM

You know, you've said a lot of crap before but this is the first thing you've posted that's been constructive. I'd love to hear your advice on fixing the "FACTs" so we can better the coin. Seriously.

Post updates everyday and have ETAs. If you are afraid of people FUDing your ETAs then just give yourself a lot of room to deliver on time e.g. if you think it will take five days then say 15 days then when you deliver early price gets a huge boost. Under promise over deliver.

And for gods sakes add the phrase ANON onto the end of the thread title, do you know how many people that do NOT know VRC has anon function? Price could easily get to 50k with just these changes.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Su3XiYekKKk4FRHaaMneseJHcykGfswVb3
saberu

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:12:50 PM

So now we can use VeriCoin anywhere we can use Bitcoin, we can send VeriCoin with text messaging, and we can send it anonymously. What a great technical accomplishment!

Most investors in new coins only care about anon right now because it is the current fad. And many people dont trust a coins anon tech until its fully released in the wallet so during beta testing phases we wont get much attention. Once VeriSend is released out of beta I can see VRC hitting 50k within two days.

Sadly I think having 24 million coins VS the other alts like XC having 6 million means all things being even we could probably only do 1/4 of XC price or half CRYPT price. But because VRC is much better than those coins I think we should still see 200k in a month`s time.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Su3XiYekKKk4FRHaaMneseJHcykGfswVb3
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:25:06 PM

Seems people are asking the CRYPT critic to take a look at VRC's tech.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptCoin/comments/28e8be/security_analysis_of_cryptcoins_cryptcast_feature/

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:51:21 PM

How's this for an ETA!!

https://twitter.com/VeriCoin
kleineaap

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:51:56 PM

veriwiki would be nice ,  with aaaalll the questions people have been answered by dev and community. Smiley
Like DRK have . By the way can somebody explain me this centralisation stuff everyone is FUD arround?
our PoS system works...and PoS mean PROOF of STAKE  so... that mean WE confirm the transactions.
Cant see any centralisation here. Or am i wrong.

This is where I come in.

I agree a Wiki is helpful.

There are many questions that I see popping up recently. Both in forum and IRC. And I honestly think that's necessary to see a more simple explanation, easily reachable to a broader audience.
What is proof of stake? How does my interest generates? Do I have to keep the wallet open? Why can't I spend my coins? How does the SMS wallet work? What is a SMS gateway? Which number I can use for the SMS wallet? What are the advantages of sending VeriCoin anonymously?
How can I do it? What are cycles?

These are all questions being asked that have simple answers for most of us but deserve a special treatment for a broader audience. As far as I know there are many people trying trading without even knowing what they're buying and selling. Getting people to know what VRC is about will be the game changer. We need new potential holders to know what these features mean. We need to make it easy for them to use it.

Why should you buy VeriCoin anyway? Presenting this answer is explaining all of the features, demonstrating how easy they are to use and why are they so special and unique.

We probably need a YouTube channel and all that, but let's start from the basics maybe? I like the new website, and I like the original logo, but in this world the looks are more important than content. Not for you and me, but for general acceptance. I can name you 1000 companies that are shit yet successful by having good marketing.

Having a great coin: check.
Having a great image: work in progress.

Plus, having a soon to be wallet with all those new features kinda asks for a refreshment as well.

The community is great, should we make a statement for what we need to be changed or upgraded and then set a community bounty? We can easily raise some, but we need to set our goals very specifically before hand. "Need new image, here's bounty" will never achieve desired results.

Let's think on this, and sideways keep on raising attention individually when possible.

A great coin is the whole package. The devs are doing their upmost as everyone can see. It's time for the community to step in.

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:57:53 PM

Your wish is my command: http://vericoin.wikia.com/

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:03:11 PM

Experts... fill this wiki with veriknowledge!!

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
kleineaap

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:19:27 PM

Thank you so much!

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:47:48 PM

It is a bit sad that many are "running" on the gas of delusion. And, by extension, coming with concepts such a "better than..." other coins. Or, in at least one case, mistaken the price per coin for the market cap thus adding to unnecessary confusion.

--FACT is that VRC is no better -nor worse- than hundreds other coins out there, both valued higher and lower than it.
--FACT is that the many flavors of "anon" are just a fad -susceptible of being hyped, of course- that has, in the very short run, an absurd effect on price but will have none long term for it is a feature, when and if completely implementable, that has next to no actual practical purpose.
--FACT is that VRC has a VERY POOR logo and that reflects indeed in the very important appeal that logos can bring.
--FACT is the VRC has no plans whatsoever to take it to the next level in terms of promotion or other efforts to bring it to the mainstream. In other words, no one outside of very well versed cryptoaddicts have even heard of VRC.
--FACT is that no one cares about the potential for software incorporation in the near future this coin may have.
--FACT is that there's no branding efforts in progress, not even plans for ones.
--FACT is that the gimmick of the dynamic interest is of so minimal importance that it doesn't even work as such gimmick.

All of these FACTS hinder the progression and value potential of this coin that is only a nerd game and, therefore, destined to be trading within a range of limited risk mini pumps and dumps, for there's absolutely nothing to look forward in it other than delusion, wild hopes and speculations based on a supposed superiority in programming, or software potential that is very far from proven and that, by the time it comes to fruition, will probably have been already implemented by a significant number of coins, some of them probably with superior overall or even particular product.

Now, every one of the deluded will come with their inevitable attacks and disqualifications because that's the way the cookie crumbles in cryptoland. Sorry but all those FACTS are realities and a sobering dose of it -and hopefully subsequent corrective action- is quite needed. If you want to see the price of this coin to rise, much more is required than lines of code: It is called work, commitment, investment, promotion and dedication on the part of the community.

Ask yourself this question: Why would someone buy VRC now? There are only two possible answers: a) because they think it will go up ion price and they can make a quick profit of 20-30% or b) because they expect it to go much higher than that from the current price and maybe pocket 80-90% or even a double or more. In Either and all cases, no one but no one will buy this coin today because they give it even a glimmer of a chance to some day become an actual storage or value, much less a coin with any practical use in the real world. Unless that perception is changed dramatically, no one will ever invest seriously in this coin.

Now, time to shoot the messenger.

You know, you've said a lot of crap before but this is the first thing you've posted that's been constructive. I'd love to hear your advice on fixing the "FACTs" so we can better the coin. Seriously.

You know, you have posted ONLY crap before, but this is the first time you have shown some capacity to reason. Seriously.

And now that the usual pleasantries have been exchanged and you have exceeded, again, at showing that PR talents simply avoided you completely, you perhaps should ask yourself why on earth would I volunteer any solutions to the obvious problems when even asking, nicely, is such a challenge.

I thought I have made it perfectly clear before that one of the main problems of this coin is the arrogance of the developers which, naturally, has extended to most of the community. Which is really peculiar because it is akin, in some cases, to a 5'5" guy pretending to be taller than a 6'2" one.

Do you really look for a solution to the fact that your logo looks like the Ipad "creation" of a 7-year-old child? Really?

Anyway, a total change in attitude would be a good start to, first, identify and admit the many obvious problems this coin has. Then it would be the time to actually consider potential solutions supported by a community that you have spoon-fed all kinds of fallacies for them to believe that "dynamic" interest is of ANY interest to anyone, SMS is akin to the Second Coming or that VeryBit is somehow a huge innovation (VeriBit actually slows down even more than Bitcoin all transactions, imagine that as an "innovation"...).

Oh but don't feel too too bad, because you are by no means alone in Crypto. Cinni, Caix and I am quite sure several others have been enduring similar arrogance -in all cases, absolutely baseless-. It's only that the markets have, logically, been setting their records straight -just like they have yours- accordingly, rather  emphatically of late.

Of course you will spin this answer as FUD or CRAP or whatever else fits your agenda or your conception of saving face. Worry not: The market will continue showing you the way in a rather "constructive" way.
Lucksee

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:49:03 PM

Post updates everyday and have ETAs. If you are afraid of people FUDing your ETAs then just give yourself a lot of room to deliver on time e.g. if you think it will take five days then say 15 days then when you deliver early price gets a huge boost. Under promise over deliver.

And for gods sakes add the phrase ANON onto the end of the thread title, do you know how many people that do NOT know VRC has anon function? Price could easily get to 50k with just these changes.

I second that.
kleineaap

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:54:20 PM

The market will continue showing you the way in a rather "constructive" way.

I'm damn sure you are right about this one. Yet, devs are building the market, market ain't telling devs what shit to do. We'll enjoy this long run.

pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:28:16 PM

VeryBit is somehow a huge innovation (VeriBit actually slows down even more than Bitcoin all transactions, imagine that as an "innovation"...).

VeriBit isn't innovative because it's fast, but rather because it opens up a new coin to a marketplace that's been building for years. Anyway, I appreciate your insight. Thanks for the response.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Jordon_RapidCX

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 07:32:46 PM

Vericoin has been added to our exchange!

It can be found here: https://www.rapidcx.com/exchange/vericoin

Happy Trading!
Jordon Norris
Support Technician
Rapid CX
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:33:55 PM

barabass you complain about the attitude of others when you should first look at the your own attitude. I've only seen you complain and belittle well knownn devs. You did this with Cinni, now youre doing the same thing with VRC. Perhaps change your own attitude first before trying to criticize the attitude of others.

Fippy

Activity: 252

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:34:39 PM

You know, one quick stroll through barabbas' post history shows pretty clearly that he's not capable of doing much more than spew vitriol and bask in his own delusions of self importance. I really wouldn't concern yourself with just about any of his 'facts', as most are just largely subjective observations hardly worthy of the definition of the word. Talk about things like logos are unimportant, and will evolve themselves over time. Knowledge of Vericoin will also come over time as well...you would be better off to worry about too many people hearing about it too much to fast, since that's how bubbles happen..and subsequently burst. Slow and steady is just fine.

Realistically, at this stage in the game, the developers' communication and effort are the most important things, and from what I've seen since I started watching this particular coin, both are stellar. That is what will build the foundation for all the flashier junk barabbas seems obsessed about.

I've taken a comfortable long position on Vericoin, because I have faith in the developers, which is the only thing that gives any crypto any real value beyond manipulation pump and dump. I feel Vericoin is insanely undervalued at the moment, and has a very (no pun intended) good shot at becoming the #2 crypto behind Bitcoin. I am 100% sure that we will look back at today's prices and laugh our asses off at how cheap it was some time in the near future.

To the dev's: great work so far, keep it up, and let Vericoin grow at a healthy (not hype-pumped) pace.

Cheers  Smiley

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
coine_smithe

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:44:55 PM

Ya isn't there a logo voting contest going on? Barabas needs to do research before complaining! He comes off as really angry like he's got a chip on his shoulder. Otherwise, it seems like he has lots of ideas, nothing wrong with that. No need to be a jerk though!
socal

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:55:15 PM

lol yes feed me my lil FUDsters FEED ME!!!!! I love cheap VRC cause when this thing explodes I plan on being VeriRich

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: