Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:42:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Project Development] CoinWorker.com - earn bitcoin in your browser in minutes  (Read 38424 times)
WargeGeoshington (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

proprietor of http://coinworker.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 08:01:36 AM

What to do to get more valuable tasks?

On my page I can only see few tasks that give 1 or 3 points, and on the main page of your web site I see people solving 22 point tasks.

Why these people get tons of 22 points tasks and I have none?

If some tasks have higher paid versions, i.e. they somehow grouped into chains, you need to provide that information, all tasks are different, which one I need "to grind" to get to the "next level" of it?

It's most likely a regional thing, rather than a revealed-after-time thing. I'm pretty sure fresh accounts in North America (where I am) can see the kinds of 22-point tasks that you are referring to. The mix of tasks is always changing, and I don't have more info than what you can see in the task list, help, and CrowdFlower forums.

{Warge

CoinWorker.com - earn bitcoins in minutes from any browser
follow @CoinWorking or like CoinWorker on Facebook for updates

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alikim

Activity: 80
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 01:18:09 PM

What to do to get more valuable tasks?

On my page I can only see few tasks that give 1 or 3 points, and on the main page of your web site I see people solving 22 point tasks.

Why these people get tons of 22 points tasks and I have none?

If some tasks have higher paid versions, i.e. they somehow grouped into chains, you need to provide that information, all tasks are different, which one I need "to grind" to get to the "next level" of it?

It's most likely a regional thing, rather than a revealed-after-time thing. I'm pretty sure fresh accounts in North America (where I am) can see the kinds of 22-point tasks that you are referring to. The mix of tasks is always changing, and I don't have more info than what you can see in the task list, help, and CrowdFlower forums.

{Warge

I don't remember entering a country while registering on your website. I though all accounts are equal.
Axnoag

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 07:53:49 PM

cool Wink
WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 10:25:45 PM

I don't remember entering a country while registering on your website. I though all accounts are equal.

I believe it is auto-detected by the task back-end, which fills the list of available tasks. (I have no control over it.)

{Warge

Gimp

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 05:13:04 AM

I earned 6 points and I'm not getting it. Is something wrong?

My username is Gimp. Thanks
WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 02:02:06 AM

I earned 6 points and I'm not getting it. Is something wrong?

My username is Gimp. Thanks

Looks like your address's pending balance is 137; it has to hit 200 to trigger a payment (as noted on the front page and 'activity' pages).

I just noticed it wasn't clear in the Help/FAQ, so I added a mention of the threshold there. Also, I added a comment about it on the profile page, which you can get to by clicking the link to your username in the top-right when logged-in.

In the future, once you hit the 200 point line the first time, there will be an option to set your own threshold -- anything from 0 (for ASAP payment) to perhaps 2000 (waiting for a $20 balance to pay).

Hope this helps clarify,

{Warge

rvbfreak

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 04:31:39 PM

this is a really cool idea. keep adding tasks and it can really take off.
player3

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 06:34:21 PM

cool! can you explain a bit more the method behind the madness? is it advertisement powered or what?

WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 02:58:48 AM

cool! can you explain a bit more the method behind the madness? is it advertisement powered or what?

You may want to see the FAQ answer to "Where do tasks come from?":

http://coinworker.com/help#tasks_from

Essentially, companies or other research projects or individuals want these things done, and are paying a small bounty. In some cases, the task providers *might* be trying to seed workers with advertising messages, or be testing advertising messages focus-group like... but mostly, they just need the results that come from worker effort in analyzing/categorizing/etc the provided data.

{Warge

tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 03:09:12 AM

I love this site when I have a little time to kill. I know I am making super low wages per hour, but it makes me feel like my time can always be somewhat productive.  Keep the work coming.

alikim

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 03:51:16 AM

Good service but unfortunately prices rather degrade.
I was hoping it'd be higher, maybe 30-40 point per task, and now you can rarely see 7-12... Today I saw 0.75 points for the first time..

Do you know any specific reason for that?
alikim

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 09:56:24 AM

Payments in your system are not being processed for hours...

Please check if it is working properly.
jamessandydale

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 03:59:43 PM

i think alakim may be right about the point values degrading. It used to be "For a given Search Query, how relevant are the 30 shown items?" for 12 points. Now its "For a given Search query, how relevant are the 36 shown items?" for 8 points. Oh well, Im still gonna do it anyways...
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 05:08:06 PM

i think alakim may be right about the point values degrading. It used to be "For a given Search Query, how relevant are the 30 shown items?" for 12 points. Now its "For a given Search query, how relevant are the 36 shown items?" for 8 points. Oh well, Im still gonna do it anyways...
They are just testing how low they can go until users quit working. The pay already is very low, even when they offer more points. I refuse to do any of those offers because the work required doesn't justify it, not even if you just do it to waste some time.

That aside, crowdflower doesn't seem to be very interested to help users who complain either. Their support forum has quite a few posts from people who ran into problems and only a minority gets answers.

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
alikim

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 02:11:13 AM

They are just testing how low they can go until users quit working. The pay already is very low, even when they offer more points.
It's true, for the same work they offer less and less with time, so you work for less that a dollar per hour.
Apparently, some are still happy to do the job, so why not?

I finally had time to complete my 200 points batch, but it hasn't been paid yet, and it's been more than 8 hours.

If my points are already in the coinworker's DB, how come it takes so long to send the payment to Bitcoin network?

coinworker FAQ says something about network conditions "not being perfect" can delay payments but that sounds like total BS to me.

It's your own web site, you already got money, what's the problem with sending payments from your own website through your own Bitcoin client?
Dr. Bitcoin

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 05:05:12 PM

Cool project!  Grin
WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 07:31:26 AM

Good service but unfortunately prices rather degrade.
I was hoping it'd be higher, maybe 30-40 point per task, and now you can rarely see 7-12... Today I saw 0.75 points for the first time..

Do you know any specific reason for that?

At the exact time you wrote this message, there was a risk activity would outstrip the ability to pay promptly, so offered rates were reduced by a lot as an emergency message -- for about 8 hours. Rates are still a little lower than usual, until I'm sure my usual channels for promptly buying bitcoins are again working.

My goal has been to enforce regularity of payment above all else: you get the payment offered under the terms at the time you did the tasks, as soon as possible. I would rather temporarily reduce offered rates, than ever pause payouts.

{Warge

WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 08:04:04 AM

They are just testing how low they can go until users quit working. The pay already is very low, even when they offer more points.
It's true, for the same work they offer less and less with time, so you work for less that a dollar per hour.
Apparently, some are still happy to do the job, so why not?

I finally had time to complete my 200 points batch, but it hasn't been paid yet, and it's been more than 8 hours.

If my points are already in the coinworker's DB, how come it takes so long to send the payment to Bitcoin network?

coinworker FAQ says something about network conditions "not being perfect" can delay payments but that sounds like total BS to me.

It's your own web site, you already got money, what's the problem with sending payments from your own website through your own Bitcoin client?

I'm not aware of any conditions in the last month that, once an address balance reaches 200 points, would have delayed the issuance of a payment transaction more than about 40 minutes.

If I've identified your account properly, I think the issue is that you've split your work across two different pay-to addresses, one with a 102 point balance and another with a 111 point balance. Currently, the threshold is calculated per address, which is a vestige of the original CoinWorker setup, where there were no login accounts,  only pay-to addresses.

This will soon be fixed to be based your login's total, and each account will be able to set their own preferred threshold, once the default threshold is reached the first time. If you don't want to wait, PM me and I'll figure a way to roll the whole credit to the address you've used more recently, so that one address will be owed 213 points, triggering payment. 

For future reference, if you have a specific task or payment history that you'd like to privately ask me to take a closer look at, you can send me a PM/DM via here or Twitter (to @CoinWorking), with the account or pay-to-address details.

Also for the curious, I haven't "already got money" from CrowdFlower for these tasks... those payments arrive about 1-2 months after the original tasks. All the usual bitcoin payouts that occur sooner than that are being fronted by CoinWorker.

{Warge

aspirez

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 01:45:19 PM

Cool project! I earn my first 200 points yesterday Smiley
Anillos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 11:47:10 PM

Most of the task works very well, but I have found a small bug.

There is a work where the user must first the first result of a Google search (for example a Lyric).

There is a problem: Google sometimes doesn't show the same results with the same query. If You find the same query in different countries, Google will show You different lists. This is a problem with the trap-questions, which doesn't have in account this detail.

Aquí puedes conseguir pequeños ahorros sin mucho esfuerzo: http://www.bitvisitor.com/?ref=1PWNAGEZ3fSM8QevUavdd2iZ9F5jkp1QHZ
Consigue algo más viendo vídeos o haciendo pequeñas tareas en Bitcoinget.com: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178692.msg2509190#msg2509190
¿necesitas un dibujo vectorial, un esquema, un diagrama...? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=183268.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: