Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:36:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Project Development] CoinWorker.com - earn bitcoin in your browser in minutes  (Read 38424 times)
triplecjewelry

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 12:55:43 AM

Can you please pay out my address though? 1 cent/task is the max right now, and that's not gonna happen.

Send me a DM with your CoinWorker login name (it doesn't seem to be 'nimda') and I'll see what I can do, if you're close to the threshold. I'll also be lowering the threshold soon, probably to 100 points, if that will help.

{Warge

Hey ya'll, just can me a newb! I am at 400 plus points and have been for over 3 days I believe. I was wondering when I might start seeing this BTC start coming through. It says my actions are still pending. Please help me Warge! Thanks!

triplecjewelry  CORI

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
triplecjewelry

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 01:02:04 PM

Are you sure the bug is fixed? (Sorry, this is my first time on coinworker).
I've had over 200 points for 16 minutes now, but no payout. How long should I wait?

http://imgur.com/gEmjM.png

Sorry, there was a different backlog problem. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, payments are now caught up.

Note, though, that even when everything is working smoothly, eligible balances are paid about twice an hour, and there are a few other minor normal lags. So it could be up to 40 minutes after you hit the threshold that your payment transaction goes out. I've improved the wording on the profile page to better explain this.

Also, feature request, can tasks be removed from the wall after "You have completed all of the work that you can for this task."?

That would be helpful. However, the listing of tasks comes from the task back-end (CrowdFlower), so a request for improvements there should go through the 'Help' -> 'Get Support' area available from the top-right "Help' button when working on a task. (I'm guessing that the per-task remaining eligibility and overall task-lists must come from different systems for CrowdFlower, or they would have fixed this already to save contributors time.)

{Warge

I am over 400 points and still have not been paid yet. HELP!!!! triplecjewelry
0k4m1

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 07:37:32 PM

Is this site really trustworthy?  Huh
ShittyBitcoinDrawer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 07:40:41 PM

Yes it is, I have earned approx. 0.6 BTC from them.

Drawing whatever catches my attention! Tips are welcome Smiley

1NQ57VnuktrtbcK8Mtk6GQJ4Xd3ti1FauS
0k4m1

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 07:44:02 PM

Thanks, I think I'm gonna try it!

Would you mind to tell how much time it took to earn 0.6 BTC from them?
Thanks again!
ShittyBitcoinDrawer

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 07:47:28 PM

Thanks again!

It takes a while, depends how much hours you put into it. But, it also depends on what tasks they have up and how long it takes to finish the tasks.

Drawing whatever catches my attention! Tips are welcome Smiley

1NQ57VnuktrtbcK8Mtk6GQJ4Xd3ti1FauS
0k4m1

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 07:50:06 PM

Thanks again!

It takes a while, depends how much hours you put into it. But, it also depends on what tasks they have up and how long it takes to finish the tasks.
OK, I'm gonna try and see what comes up! Thank you. =)
WargeGeoshington (OP)

Activity: 94

proprietor of http://coinworker.com

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 10:55:21 PM

I am over 400 points and still have not been paid yet. HELP!!!! triplecjewelry

I'm very sorry: some code that was designed to protect against surprise/nonsense exchange rate data backfired when the rate really did get over $12/BTC.

The bug has been corrected and catchup payments sent.

Thanks for your patience and let me know if there are any other questions or concerns.

{Warge

CoinWorker.com - earn bitcoins in minutes from any browser
follow @CoinWorking or like CoinWorker on Facebook for updates
triplecjewelry

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:34:11 AM

Can you please pay out my address though? 1 cent/task is the max right now, and that's not gonna happen.

Send me a DM with your CoinWorker login name (it doesn't seem to be 'nimda') and I'll see what I can do, if you're close to the threshold. I'll also be lowering the threshold soon, probably to 100 points, if that will help.

{Warge

Hey ya'll, just can me a newb! I am at 400 plus points and have been for over 3 days I believe. I was wondering when I might start seeing this BTC start coming through. It says my actions are still pending. Please help me Warge! Thanks!

triplecjewelry  CORI

THE PAYMENT came through today!  Just took a while is all Grin
Envious

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 01:40:28 PM

I have a problem, I registered on CoinWorker four days ago and checked the tasks about 25 times a day, but every time I check there is only one task in the list which is for Japan (I live nowhere near Japan).

Here is a screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/TxHQ9.png?1
WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 12:13:12 AM

I have a problem, I registered on CoinWorker four days ago and checked the tasks about 25 times a day, but every time I check there is only one task in the list which is for Japan (I live nowhere near Japan).

Sorry about that. I believe the tasks back-end is using IP address to control task availability.

Is there a chance your internet-provider routes things through Japan? (For example, what does an online service like http://www.maxmind.com/app/locate_my_ip report as your approximate location using IP to guess?)

{Warge

Envious

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:22:54 PM

Sorry about that. I believe the tasks back-end is using IP address to control task availability.

Is there a chance your internet-provider routes things through Japan? (For example, what does an online service like http://www.maxmind.com/app/locate_my_ip report as your approximate location using IP to guess?)

{Warge

Your right it's working fine now that I am using a VPN, thanks for the advice.
Envious

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 10:34:55 AM

This is ridiculous, I can no longer do the categorize business ones because I entered http://www.bankofamerica.com instead of https://www.bankofamerica.com, even though I copied and pasted the search result.

This combined with he find address on the map ones that have the location in the middle of the ocean are really frustrating.

How can I get a  second chance to do these?

https://i.imgur.com/NQlVb.gif?1
WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 12:11:23 AM

This is ridiculous, I can no longer do the categorize business ones because I entered http://www.bankofamerica.com instead of https://www.bankofamerica.com, even though I copied and pasted the search result.

This combined with he find address on the map ones that have the location in the middle of the ocean are really frustrating.

How can I get a  second chance to do these?

From your screenshot, it seems you reported it through the proper CrowdFlower channels. My impression is that tasks and task-training sometimes have glitches that get worked out over time, with enough reports.

Just keep checking back for when similar and possibly improved tasks appear.

{Warge

Eridani

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 01:17:04 AM

I registered for CoinWorker two days ago with the impression that I'd be able to earn some money doing human intelligence tasks (in a similar spirit to Amazon's Mechanical Turk). While the website did leave said impression, there's still some things that I thought would be nice to discuss regarding the website:

• Organization:
The tasks page performs as intended, but is nevertheless a list of somewhat disparate tasks (among the ever-so-common "Search Google and answer questions about the search results" tasks). Would be nice if they were categorized by locale, language, and job type just to name a few.

• Availability:
For me, availability in CoinWorker lends itself to many different ideas. One, the set of tasks to choose from is somewhat limited to the torrent of "Search Google and answer questions about the search results" tasks and Japanese/Korean tasks. It would be nice to have more creative, engaging, and higher-paying tasks than the ones provided at this very moment (e.g. "Write Short Answers to Questions").

What availability can also mean is the amount of available tasks of a certain category (represented by the x available text in the red square beside every task listing). Many times during my short stay at CoinWorker have I clicked on a certain task, only to be greeted with a Finished! page without actually performing any task. If only said counter were more accurate at showing you how many tasks of a certain category are actually available.

A third facet of the availability argument lies in what happens when you complete all the work you can for a certain task. Such a situation should probably have said task removed from the list of available tasks, or at least have the listing for said task differentiated from the other available ones.

Let me tell you: being a(n unemployed) student; performing such simple tasks like the ones posted on CoinWorker not only occupies my free time in a semi-purposeful manner, it also helps me earn the bitcoins I would never be able to achieve with CPU mining of any sort (due to not being financially equipped to take the volatile risk of investing in GPU/ASIC). All it needs are little improvements here and there to keep the concept fresh and alive; looking forward to earning (then, cashing out) my first 200 points! :3
Bitznbitz

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 05:36:09 AM

A very interesting site, I've already done some 'mind mining'.
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 06:30:29 PM

The site has been promising when it started and I made a few coins there, but over the past months I've stopped using it.
I logged in again a few days ago to see that I have only japanese tasks, and I'm nowhere near Japan or proxying.
The company behind it, Crowdflower, seems to be really clueless when it comes to solving problems: their support site is flooded with complains and nothing really gets solved.
Also, the rewards have dropped constantly to a level where you can earn more by going for a walk and looking for a penny on the street.
That's pretty sad, because I really liked the idea.

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
crispy

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 07:47:35 PM

Looks like someone's been making a small fortune there: 
Working: http://coinworker.com/activity/1M1VbdoakFcTgJpHX8SSX5wJDnJBoboKty
Getting paid: http://blockexplorer.com/address/1M1VbdoakFcTgJpHX8SSX5wJDnJBoboKty

Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 10:12:40 PM

Small fortune from 17:43-20:09?

In total 02:26, or 2.4333 hours for 21*0.0017=0.0357 BTC which means 0.0147 BTC/hour
With MtGox listing $11.93818 as the average currently, that's $0.1755/hour.

There are complains in the CrowdFlower forum about those low payments.
Warge should look for alternatives.

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
crispy

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 07:07:35 PM

Small fortune from 17:43-20:09?

I guess you couldn't see my tongue in my cheek!  Wink

There are complains in the CrowdFlower forum about those low payments.

Perhaps, although it's the "free market" setting those prices. If no one would work for those wages, then it's likely the going rate would rise.  Of course, that kind of work (e.g. determine if this address is a business or a residence) has some, but limited value to the requester. Also, since CrowdFlower asks each question of multiple workers, the individual payment is a fraction of what the requester paid for the question.

Warge should look for alternatives.

Looks like using CrowdFlower provides a stream of questions to be answered, so it has some value.  It may be that CrowdFlower evaluates which "labor partners" are best suited for different tasks, and allocates jobs accordingly.  If that's the case, then if/as better workers join CoinWorker, better, higher paying jobs will be assigned.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: