Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:20:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New stratum/getwork proxy with Web-based GUI and pools management  (Read 120841 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 11:56:02 AM

I think this proxy has a limit of 2xx workers. By adding support for more than one poolworker, this limit might be increased?

that might be the case sp ...

all the limitations would have to be expanded somehow to cater for the inflow of workers and data ...

this proxy works very efficiently too ... the donation links ( including yours ) all run off this - though i have run them on an earlier version as i have not the time to test the new versions ...

but for every server ( like your donation links once again as an example ) - requires 13 java instances and proxies running all at the same time with different conf files for the different connections to the different algos on the different urls for nicehash ...

each of these instances - i have observed - uses around 150-200MB of memory per proxy ... each proxy handles a limited number of users - which inturn - increases the amount of RAM being used also as the worker count increases ...

so assuming that this is still the case - then adding support for a number of workers grouped together being redirected to different pools using different algos will logically require some heavy coding - then some heavy hardware also ...

BUT - as kenshirothefist stated earlier - this would mean that everything would work as a single package - and as a single app ... rather than the aforementioned donation stratum proxies - running 13 java instances and proxies in a single server - all with different ports ...

which btw - is finished and ready for publication and use ... i do want to take out some of the algos that are there ( like x15 and nist5 and a couple of others ) due to their RAM overhead and maintenance - and of course lack of interest from the public ...

#crysx

altcointalk14

Activity: 751
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 12:28:26 PM

Can someone help me troubleshoot my startup problem?  I am 99% sure this is the same command line I have used before and worked fine.

Here is my start command line I run from the directory with the *.jar and *.conf files:

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f nicehash.conf

Here is the response:

Failed to start the proxy:
org.kohsuke.args4j.CmdLineException: No argument is allowed: ?f
        at org.kohsuke.args4j.CmdLineParser.parseArgument(CmdLineParser.java:556)
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.cli.CommandLineOptions.parseArguments(CommandLineOptions.java:195)
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.configuration.ConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:150)
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:113)
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> org.kohsuke.args4j.CmdLineException: No argument is allowed: ?f

Thanks
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 01:43:08 PM

Can someone help me troubleshoot my startup problem?  I am 99% sure this is the same command line I have used before and worked fine.

Here is my start command line I run from the directory with the *.jar and *.conf files:

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f nicehash.conf

Here is the response:

at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.cli.CommandLineOptions.parseArguments(CommandLineOptions.java:195)
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.configuration.ConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:150)
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> org.kohsuke.args4j.CmdLineException: No argument is allowed: ?f

Thanks

are you IN the directory where nicehash.conf if located when you run that command in console? ...

if not - you need to tell the app where it is ... its best pactice to use the absolute path anyway ...

so it should read something like -f /usr/local/conf/nicehash.conf - for example ...

#crysx

altcointalk14

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 02:57:45 PM

Yes the conf file is in the directory.  I will try the absolute path & let you know.
altcointalk14

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:23:19 PM

That did not work, here are my tries:

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f /Users/Administrator/Documents/s
tratum-proxy-0.8.0/nicehash.conf
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.configuration.ConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:150
)
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f \Users\Administrator\Documents\s
tratum-proxy-0.8.0\nicehash.conf
        at strat.mining.stratum.proxy.configuration.ConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:150
)
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> ls

Directory: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0

Mode                LastWriteTime     Length Name
----                -------------     ------ ----
d----         6/21/2015   5:13 PM            database
d----         6/21/2015   4:57 PM            lib
-a---         6/27/2015   9:03 AM       2708 nicehash.conf
-a---         6/21/2015   4:57 PM      35821 LICENCE
-a---         7/14/2015   8:07 PM      11495 proxy.bat
-a---         6/21/2015   4:57 PM      28895 README.md
-a---         6/21/2015   4:57 PM       2769 stratum-proxy-full-sample.conf
-a---         6/21/2015   4:57 PM        221 stratum-proxy-minimal-sample.conf
-a---         6/21/2015   4:57 PM    1361482 stratum-proxy.jar

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0>
altcointalk14

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:26:33 PM

something must have changed in my nicehash.conf file.  I tried on the full and minimal sample and they worked.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 03:35:22 PM

That did not work, here are my tries:

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f /Users/Administrator/Documents/s
tratum-proxy-0.8.0/nicehash.conf
)
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f \Users\Administrator\Documents\s
tratum-proxy-0.8.0\nicehash.conf
)
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0> ls

Directory: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0

Mode                LastWriteTime     Length Name
----                -------------     ------ ----
d----         6/21/2015   5:13 PM            database
d----         6/21/2015   4:57 PM            lib
-a---         6/27/2015   9:03 AM       2708 nicehash.conf
-a---         6/21/2015   4:57 PM      35821 LICENCE
-a---         7/14/2015   8:07 PM      11495 proxy.bat
-a---         6/21/2015   4:57 PM      28895 README.md
-a---         6/21/2015   4:57 PM       2769 stratum-proxy-full-sample.conf
-a---         6/21/2015   4:57 PM        221 stratum-proxy-minimal-sample.conf
-a---         6/21/2015   4:57 PM    1361482 stratum-proxy.jar

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0>

hi again ...

if you put that exact same command - java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f /Users/Administrator/Documents/stratum-proxy-0.8.0/nicehash.conf - then it wont work ...

i think i may have confused you - as windows doesnt use the forward slash - it uses the back slash ...

ie - from this ... java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f /Users/Administrator/Documents/stratum-proxy-0.8.0/nicehash.conf ...
to this ... java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f \Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0\nicehash.conf ...

im on linux - and the way things get done with linux is very specific - even down to using caps or not ...

windows does not have the same pedantic way of doing this - nor teh accuracy ... but windows does only understand what it understands - like linux does ...

try that and see hwo it goes ...

make sure you have the latest java installed also Smiley ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 03:36:47 PM

something must have changed in my nicehash.conf file.  I tried on the full and minimal sample and they worked.

o ok ...

post the conf if you like ... lets have a look ...

#crysx

altcointalk14

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:43:14 PM

well now it is not working with either of the sample conf files, and I dont think that the conf files have been edited as they show date 6-21-2015 when I installed.  (I tried the slash both directions earlier):

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0>  java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f stratum-proxy-full-sample.conf
)
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0>  java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f stratum-proxy-minimal-sample.co
nf
)
girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:57:16 PM

well now it is not working with either of the sample conf files, and I dont think that the conf files have been edited as they show date 6-21-2015 when I installed.  (I tried the slash both directions earlier):

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0>  java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f stratum-proxy-full-sample.conf
)
PS C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\stratum-proxy-0.8.0>  java -jar stratum-proxy.jar –f stratum-proxy-minimal-sample.co
nf
)

You are not using the dash (minus sign) but rather another similar symbol before the "f", this what it is complaining about.

You can see that the "dash" before "-jar" is shorter than the one before "–f" (at least it is on my mac). Replace "–f" for "-f" and it should work.

Advertise Here - PM for more info!
altcointalk14

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 10:06:03 PM

Thank You.  always something simple (after you know the answer)
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:12:23 AM

)
nf
)

You are not using the dash (minus sign) but rather another similar symbol before the "f", this what it is complaining about.

You can see that the "dash" before "-jar" is shorter than the one before "–f" (at least it is on my mac). Replace "–f" for "-f" and it should work.

good eye girino ... good eye Wink ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 02:48:13 AM

hi all ...

who here knows how to use weightedroundrobin effectively here? ...

what is the best weighting - what is the best way of implementing it ...

as opposed to failover - it seems to be a nice way of switching ...

#crysx

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:21:27 PM

After many hours of re installs  and failed setting after setting, i finally got all ant miner useing this proxy . "Smiley .

but here is my proxy conf setting if it's helps anyone .

{
 "disableGetwork": true,
 "pools" : [ {
    "name" : "Eligius",
    "host" : "stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334",
    "user" : "your btc adresss",
    "password" : "x",
    "enableExtranonceSubscribe" : false,
    "weight" : 1,
    "isEnabled": true
  }, {
    "name" : "Westhash",
    "host" : "sha256.usa.nicehash.com:3334",
    "user" : "",
    "password" : "x",
    "enableExtranonceSubscribe" : false,
    "appendWorkerNames" : true,
    "workerNameSeparator" : "_",
    "useWorkerPassword" : false,
    "weight" : 1,
    "isEnabled": false
  } ]
}

I have westhash disabled, I used that to see what i needed the most etc .

Here is my ant miner setting or cgminer setting inside the S3 and S5 ,

host : stratum+tcp://192.168.1.210:3333
user:  1
Pw  :  x

it seems tiring to connect  thy port :8332 wouldn't work for me . i had to disable getwork and use stratum+tcp:// with my PI's .

i had to make sure all the right software was installed.

so now all my ants are running thu this proxy on PI's or two pI's . I had fun leaning how to Smiley .

This is nice to see after hours of being annoyed

2015-08-19 23:10:21,579 INFO     [Pool-Eligius-Thread]:strat.mining.stratum.proxy.worker.StratumWorkerConnection - Accepted share (diff: 511.9921875) from 1@192.168.1.207 on Eligius. Yeah !!!!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
vabchgent

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:43:34 PM

Any way to lock the web page by user name and password. Thanks in advance

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 12:48:21 AM

in the latest version - you have the option in the configuration files ...

username and password will access only to the ones you allocate and everything else is readonly as far i can tell - for others to view ...

#crysx

Pfool (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 09:01:33 AM

username and password will access only to the ones you allocate and everything else is readonly as far i can tell - for others to view ...

#crysx

Indeed, in the last version you can:
1) Lock all the web page
2) Lock only the admin features (users without the credentials have a read-only access)
3) Lock nothing

Here are the corresponding configurations:
1) apiUser and apiPassword set to not-empty values. apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled=false
2) apiUser and apiPassword set to not-empty values. apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled=true
3) apiUser and apiPassword not set or set to empty values. apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled=do not care

For options 1) and 2), you should leave the apiEnableSsl option commented or set to true

Thanx Wink
BTC: 19wv8FQKv3NkwTdzBCQn1AGsb9ghqBPWXi
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 09:08:02 AM

#crysx

Indeed, in the last version you can:
1) Lock all the web page
2) Lock only the admin features (users without the credentials have a read-only access)
3) Lock nothing

Here are the corresponding configurations:
1) apiUser and apiPassword set to not-empty values. apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled=false
2) apiUser and apiPassword set to not-empty values. apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled=true
3) apiUser and apiPassword not set or set to empty values. apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled=do not care

For options 1) and 2), you should leave the apiEnableSsl option commented or set to true

tanx pfool ...

i wasnt sure as to the exact settings and location so needed clarification ...

im still using the older version - but will take the time to upgrade to the latest version very shortly ...

you are doing an awesome job ... much appreciated ...

#crysx

a1binos

Activity: 201

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:59:14 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 06:00:58 PM by a1binos

crk

Activity: 184

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 07:41:52 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2015, 02:12:40 PM by crk

i can see the GUI, i can connect my miners to the proxy but the proxy is rejecting all my shares...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: