Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:46:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starfish BCB - Loans and Deposits  (Read 60451 times)
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:47:06 PM

At this time I would like to sincerely thank PatrickHarnett. He seems to be the only honest person left on these forums. I requested a withdrawal last night and received it in approximately 12 hours.

In light of the slew of scams recently, I've learned a few things:
  • Don't do anything with BTC that you wouldn't do with cash
  • Just because BTC is designed with the possibility of anonymity doesn't mean that all tx's should be anonymous
  • Leave most of your money in cold storage

Again, thanks to PatrickHarnett for being trustworthy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OneEyed
aka aurele

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 05:08:58 PM

At this time I would like to sincerely thank PatrickHarnett. He seems to be the only honest person left on these forums. I requested a withdrawal last night and received it in approximately 12 hours.

• Just because BTC is designed with the possibility of anonymity doesn't mean that all tx's should be anonymous

Your second point is important. From what I could see here, the people worth trusting with your BTC are those whose identity is known. I guess being identifiable and easily reachable (e.g., being in a country well represented on this forum, compared to being in South Korea) filters out dishonest people, who would prefer to stay anonymous for obvious reasons.

Bjork

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:05:23 PM

Did you contact him ahead of time?  This is not typical (12 hr withdrawal time), as I and others have been waiting for the withdrawals to go through and it is expected to take about a week.

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:48:38 PM

Did you contact him ahead of time?  This is not typical (12 hr withdrawal time), as I and others have been waiting for the withdrawals to go through and it is expected to take about a week.
It was small. If you note my post way back in this thread, I keep most of my BTC in cold storage.

If it's any consolation, though: he's stopped accepting deposits, so why return my BTC before he runs? It could have paid for plenty of plane luggage.
Bjork

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 08:27:00 PM

Did you contact him ahead of time?  This is not typical (12 hr withdrawal time), as I and others have been waiting for the withdrawals to go through and it is expected to take about a week.
It was small. If you note my post way back in this thread, I keep most of my BTC in cold storage.

If it's any consolation, though: he's stopped accepting deposits, so why return my BTC before he runs? It could have paid for plenty of plane luggage.
I know he won't run Smiley.  He pmed me about his new secret master plan which he will post here shortly (srs).

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 08:34:57 PM

Did you contact him ahead of time?  This is not typical (12 hr withdrawal time), as I and others have been waiting for the withdrawals to go through and it is expected to take about a week.

I know he won't run Smiley.  He pmed me about his new secret master plan which he will post here shortly (srs).
srs??!! Shocked
PatrickHarnett (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 08:38:10 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2012, 08:11:53 AM by PatrickHarnett

I initially proposed a queue for withdrawal requests.  However, the past few days has revealed and confirmed a number of issues and a queue would be unfair under the circumstances.  Therefore, I will be making repayments on a pro-rata basis.

The wider situation is that we are seeing a simple "bank run".  Everyone wants their coins back from everyone else at the same time.  I made inquiries regarding the larger loans and investments that Starfish has made over the past few months, and also taken on board the most recent developments.  These include the ceasing of interest payments from three of the larger blocks and unknown return times for these and two others covering 5000BTC.  The result that will make people unhappy is that it is going to slow things down, and continuing to pay interest when half of the portfolio has ceased making payments makes no sense.  

Starfish does still have income, and following this week's accumulation rates will be dropping to a nominal 1%/month as I consider reducing it to zero to be counter productive.
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 08:40:25 PM

srs??!! Shocked
[/quote]

I wouldn't call it a master plan - the trolls might have some other descriptions for it, and I expect a bunch of angry people too.
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 08:49:43 PM

I initially proposed a queue for withdrawal requests.  However, the past few days has revealed and confirmed a number of issues and a queue would be unfair under the circumstances.  Therefore, I will be making repayments on a pro-rata basis.

The wider situation is that we are seeing a simple "bank run".  Everyone wants their coins back from everyone else at the same time.  I made inquiries regarding the larger loans and investments that Starfish has made over the past few months, and also taken on board the most recent developments.  These include the ceasing of interest payments from three of the larger blocks and unknown return times for these and two others covering 5000BTC.  The result that will make people unhappy is that it is going to slow things down, and continuing to pay interest when half of the portfolio has ceased making payments makes no sense.  

Starfish does still have income, and following this week's accumulation rates will be dropping a nominal 1%/month as I consider reducing it to zero to be counter productive.

The rates will never return to weekly anyway.

Good luck Patrick, and I'm sorry to be part of this "bank run" :/
Bjork

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 08:53:30 PM

Starfish does still have income, and following this week's accumulation rates will be dropping a nominal 1%/month as I consider reducing it to zero to be counter productive.

This seems reasonable.  With all the scams etc going on (not Patrick) I'm just glad to have some coins, lol.

PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:13:38 PM

The rates will never return to weekly anyway.

Good luck Patrick, and I'm sorry to be part of this "bank run" :/

That's ok - everyone does what they need to do. 

I was just reading about the potential collapse of the euro with an impending decision from Germany, and a related article about a "perfect storm" for the world economy being discussed at the Ambrosetti Forum.  Maybe there will be some further bank runs, or at least a significant correction. 
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:25:11 PM

Decisive, positive action. Good work Patrick.

Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 02:51:36 AM

oh boy. 

don't like the sound of that.   It's about time for this one to end too, and if there are multiple people waiting for withdraws, it's just super likely it's a scam.  If you have been waiting for more than a few days for a Patrick Harnett withdraw, please post so here.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:58:48 AM

oh boy. 

don't like the sound of that.   It's about time for this one to end too, and if there are multiple people waiting for withdraws, it's just super likely it's a scam.  If you have been waiting for more than a few days for a Patrick Harnett withdraw, please post so here.

If anyone ever deserved a punch in the mouth, it'd be you.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:00:18 AM

oh boy. 

No, it would be pirate, MNW, and Patrick. in that order.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
peasant

Activity: 272

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:02:03 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2012, 04:17:22 AM by peasant

The 3 Stooges slap?  Cheesy

http://youtu.be/u4ZgVRJ-H8U
Trance104

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:18:34 AM

I have 100% faith in Mr. Starr
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 04:36:58 AM

I have 100% faith in Mr. Starr

I don't care if you have faith in the tooth fairy, you're getting rolled son.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 04:40:27 AM

oh boy. 

sounds about right.   the culture of stupidity that has infected this forum is mind boggling.  This guy wants to punch me in the mouth, when I have screamed to the hilltops to save naive BTC investors coin and to help mitigate the damage done to bitcoin itself on this one - why not direct your rage AT THE GUY WHO STOLE $5M FROM THIS COMMUNITY.

or just punch the messenger / whistle-blower, whatever.

WifeOfStarfish

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:28:16 AM

oh boy.  

don't like the sound of that.   It's about time for this one to end too, and if there are multiple people waiting for withdraws, it's just super likely it's a scam.  If you have been waiting for more than a few days for a Patrick Harnett withdraw, please post so here.

Pull your head in Micon. Patrick is solvent but pirate defaulting/whatever you call it led to a bank run of panicky investors. High School economics students understand how thiat works. Everyone will be paid and I would like to see an apology posted here from you when the process is complete. Patrick, ignore the fucking trolls.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: