Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starfish BCB - Loans and Deposits  (Read 60451 times)
Trance104

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 04:19:44 PM

Patrick - Since you are still crediting Starfish accounts with interest, does this mean you plan to pay back all investors, in full (principle + interest) ?

If so when do you estimate you will complete the process? 

Translation: "Patrick's still paying interest, that *really* irritates me. I know, I'll ask a innocent looking question so when he replies I can just retort with my same old stuff I've repeated over and over and over and over and over and over again. P.S. I hope it collapses soon. Won't affect me, but the temporary fun will fill a much needed void in my life."

Fucking lol.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 05:37:51 PM

Hello,

I was linked here by member Chang Hum who told me you may be able to help me with a 100 BTC loan...

I am willing to provide my name, address, phone number, email, HD color photo of my ID, HD color photo of my Social Security card and references along with video/photo proof that I am the person I am identifying myself to be (i.e. a picture or photo of me holding my identification with a name card proving my forum identity).

Additional details on my loan request are posted here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110905.0

Thank you for your time and consideration!!!

What's wrong with you

Well, when I read the sticky thread at the top of the board (the one labeled "How to Request a Loan" it says to be ready to give my SSN. When trying to borrow money?BTC it is important to be able to establish your identity...

And you really think it's a good idea to give your SSN to a grown man who loves Spongebob Squarepants and who is running an obvious scam?  Holy fuck, this forum breeds the biggest idiots. 
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 05:44:41 PM

Hello,

I was linked here by member Chang Hum who told me you may be able to help me with a 100 BTC loan...

I am willing to provide my name, address, phone number, email, HD color photo of my ID, HD color photo of my Social Security card and references along with video/photo proof that I am the person I am identifying myself to be (i.e. a picture or photo of me holding my identification with a name card proving my forum identity).

Additional details on my loan request are posted here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110905.0

Thank you for your time and consideration!!!

What's wrong with you

Well, when I read the sticky thread at the top of the board (the one labeled "How to Request a Loan" it says to be ready to give my SSN. When trying to borrow money?BTC it is important to be able to establish your identity...

And you really think it's a good idea to give your SSN to a grown man who loves Spongebob Squarepants and who is running an obvious scam?  Holy fuck, this forum breeds the biggest idiots. 
It does indeed  Kiss
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 11:27:04 PM

Holy crap, did you just see Micon ask a question that was like a non jerk would ask? Someone needs to block his account, it must have been hacked.

hahaha  I see others even translated it for me into how they think I really feel Smiley

1)  notice how he didn't respond.  The question is extremely serious too - certainly not a troll or for some other purpose - if Patrick is still crediting his "investors" with interest on a website, it insinuates that he will one day pay the BTC he owes to his account holders back in full.  I want to know what date he plans on completing this by.  I want to know for 2 reasons:

1)  to better manage the expectations of those with BTC tied up in this scam

and

2)  to bet against him paying it back in the timeframe he states

I'm trying to prove that this guy, Patrick, once so beloved by the mark community, has no intention to pay back.  The fact that he is adding interest to a number you see on a screen is yet another stall tactic, and because he didn't plan on having everyone paid back by the end of 2012, that interest is basically something he is promising you sometime after 2013 - I want to know a date, and if you have coins with this guy you should want a date too.  But it seems most are content to just make fun of me.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
PatrickHarnett (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 11:28:28 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2012, 04:04:20 AM by PatrickHarnett

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61262.msg981017#msg981017

Updated early as I will be offline tomorrow.  Weekly interest and other payments have been queued.  

Two fixes this week -
1: the interest calculation as pointed out by Dooglus for accounts in process of withdrawal is corrected.
2: the payments on 14Sept were not correctly picked up in the balances table (understated by approx 48BTC) - found by a different client.
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 11:36:59 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61262.msg981017#msg981017

Updated early as I will be offline tomorrow.  Weekly interest and other payments have been queued.  

Two fixes this week -
1: the interest calculation as pointed out by Dooglus for accounts in process of withdrawal is corrected.
2: the payments on 14Sept were not correctly picked up in the balances table (understated by approx 48BTC).

[in most respectful internet voice]

PatrickHarnett - when do you believe you will complete the process of repaying all of your investors in full?  please give your best estimate of the date.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 12:18:13 AM

1)  to better manage the expectations of those with BTC tied up in this scam

and

2)  to bet against him paying it back in the timeframe he states

I think you need to get out the house a bit more. What's wrong with you? Get a life.

Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 12:42:39 AM

1)  to better manage the expectations of those with BTC tied up in this scam

and

2)  to bet against him paying it back in the timeframe he states

I think you need to get out the house a bit more. What's wrong with you? Get a life.

again, off topic, personal attack so again I'll re-iterate the question so it isn't lost here:

PatrickHarnett - when do you believe you will complete the process of repaying all of your investors in full?  please give your best estimate of the date.

PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 12:52:58 AM

It's actually in the thread and was stated ages ago. 

Customers are free to contact me directly if they wish to discuss their accounts and payments - others can read the thread.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 01:06:30 AM

I'm trying to prove that this guy, Patrick, once so beloved by the mark community, has no intention to pay back.

He is paying back, and in a very acceptable rate. And even if he weren't, you won't do anything to prove it other than talk, as proven in Vescudero's thread, if not apparent elsewhere. You don't even know that he's paying back and at what rate because you even haven't spoken to depositors who submitted withdrawal requests. You don't need to, because it won't change anything for you. Hell, Victor proved you wrong about every single one of your accusations, and you are still accusing him of planning to run a scam, even after he stated he is no longer interested in the deposit taking business.

Look, you found a good publicity opportunity with BTCS&T. You noticed the uproar, the 5000 BTC bet of Vandroiy and all the warnings of prominent members and thought it was a slam dunk. Good for you. Why ruin it now? This is too manic.
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 01:44:05 AM

It's actually in the thread and was stated ages ago. 

Customers are free to contact me directly if they wish to discuss their accounts and payments - others can read the thread.

I understand you are dodging the question, and you have never accurately stated in this thread when you expect to have everyone paid back in full. 

no date ever given.

mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 03:07:21 AM

Received a large payment today, ~20% of my deposit. I'm confident Patrick will pay the rest back in an acceptable timeframe.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 04:13:46 AM

Received a large payment today, ~20% of my deposit. I'm confident Patrick will pay the rest back in an acceptable timeframe.

How can Micon "prove" I have "no intention of paying back" if you keep revealing that I've sent you coins.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 07:58:28 AM

How can Micon "prove" I have "no intention of paying back" if you keep revealing that I've sent you coins.

Keep on paying the interest & repayments Patrick. It's so glaringly obvious it's irritating Micon. He hates it. He wants it fail. He wants it to be bad as possible. All the time cowering behind this thin veil of ' I'm not the law, but I represent justice' show.

As Micon isn't a depositor of yours (though you could deposit some coins and become one Micon), to irritate him more I would just ignore every post of his.

Every interest repayment irritates him that fraction more, forcing him to pretend it's not irritating him. While we all sit back and laugh at his expense. LOL

Hey Micon, got an interest repayment last night. Doesn't bother you though does it. Wink

gsan

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 07:59:29 AM

Same here. I submitted my withdrawal request two weeks ago, and this is the second chunk I received. I'm also still receiving interest. Patrick's situation is clear, and I'm content with how he's handling things.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 08:36:21 AM

I want to know what date he plans on completing this by.  I want to know for 2 reasons:

I imagine this depends on how many of his creditors default on their debts to him.

I just today received 20% of my principal back from Patrick, and over the last 4 weeks have received a total of almost 40% back.  I don't see why he would continue paying back his lenders if he was running a scam.  It looks to me like Patrick is trying his best to repay what he owes when he can.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 10:52:10 AM

I've trolled this thread a bit, I must say looking at the way the deposit lists going down I'm starting to think maybe crazy money loosing business but not a scam?
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 11:05:54 AM

I've trolled this thread a bit, I must say looking at the way the deposit lists going down I'm starting to think maybe crazy money loosing business but not a scam?
It can be very hard to tell the difference. It depends how much of the payback deficit is caused by genuine investment and operating losses. His investors had substantially the same information he did, so it's not unreasonable for them to bear the losses. That is, after all, the purpose of investors. (And I think we all understand that the line between a loan and an investment is thoroughly blurred at interest rates this high. It was clear he was loaning the funds out and clear that there's always a risk of bad loans.)

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 11:18:35 AM

And I think we all understand that the line between a loan and an investment is thoroughly blurred at interest rates this high. It was clear he was loaning the funds out and clear that there's always a risk of bad loans.

I think it depends on the agreement between the loaner and BCB. The fact that there is high risk that one side of the contract might default doesn't make the line more blurry. IMHO.
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 11:43:28 AM

It can be very hard to tell the difference. It depends how much of the payback deficit is caused by genuine investment and operating losses. His investors had substantially the same information he did, so it's not unreasonable for them to bear the losses. That is, after all, the purpose of investors. (And I think we all understand that the line between a loan and an investment is thoroughly blurred at interest rates this high. It was clear he was loaning the funds out and clear that there's always a risk of bad loans.)

Joel,

It seems to me the refusal to answer the question "when will everyone be paid back in full" is directly related to "I'm still paying you guys interest"

he is adding debt on top of debt he cannot pay any time soon, if ever.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: