Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:41:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starfish BCB - Loans and Deposits  (Read 60453 times)
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 01:16:32 AM

So roughly what percentage has now been paid back?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 02:03:15 AM

So roughly what percentage has now been paid back?

In my case, 43.37% of the initial investment, so far.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
bigbox

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 11:55:44 PM

By the way, this was the same type of missed risk that resulted in the mortgage collapse. People who thought they were "diversified" didn't realize that a significant fraction of their assets were vulnerable to a drastic drop in the housing market because they were all ultimately tied to residential mortgages.

I'm glad you think it's the same. There have been hundreds of bank failures since 2008 in the USA due to correlated loans that went bad (mortgages). The FDIC guaranteed bank deposits. This guarantee was honored, regardless of whether the bad loans were correlated or not. Patrick also guaranteed his deposits.

http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/failed/banklist.html
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 12:39:58 AM

By the way, this was the same type of missed risk that resulted in the mortgage collapse. People who thought they were "diversified" didn't realize that a significant fraction of their assets were vulnerable to a drastic drop in the housing market because they were all ultimately tied to residential mortgages.

I'm glad you think it's the same. There have been hundreds of bank failures since 2008 in the USA due to correlated loans that went bad (mortgages). The FDIC guaranteed bank deposits. This guarantee was honored, regardless of whether the bad loans were correlated or not. Patrick also guaranteed his deposits.

http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/failed/banklist.html
The FDIC is specifically insurance and specifically assumes the risk of bank failures. In addition, there was no mistake on the part of the people whose funds the FDIC insured. So it would not have been equitable for the FDIC to split the losses with those it insures. (Also, even if equitable, it would have been politically infeasible. Any loss of confidence in the FDIC would defeat the point of the FDIC.)

Yes, Patrick guaranteed his deposits. But as he made quite clear, that guarantee was predicated on his belief that there was no significant correlated risk. (The transcript in the scammer accusation thread makes this clear.) So against someone who didn't make that same mistake, it would be enforceable. But against someone who did, it isn't. If Patrick is responsible for losses caused directly by this mistaken belief, so are others who have that same mistaken belief and it causes the same type of loss. (Unless the agreement was otherwise. It's possible he had different loans with different terms and some weren't predicated on the shared belief that he had limited Pirate exposure. You'd have to look on a case by case basis and decide in each case how to equitably divide the losses.)

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
bigbox

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 12:56:55 AM

The FDIC is specifically insurance and specifically assumes the risk of bank failures.

Patrick specifically insured his deposits and specifically assumed the risk of loan failures.

In addition, there was no mistake on the part of the people whose funds the FDIC insured. So it would not have been equitable for the FDIC to split the losses with those it insures.

If the FDIC were named Patrick, you would probably say the depositors made the assumption that the banks loans weren't correlated, and thus should share in the losses. You would probably say that regardless of whether the depositors actually made that assumption.

It's possible he had different loans with different terms and some weren't predicated on the shared belief that he had limited Pirate exposure. You'd have to look on a case by case basis and decide in each case how to equitably divide the losses.)
Agreed. My deposit wasn't predicated on shared beliefs of what he would do with his loans, it was predicated on the shared belief that he guaranteed his deposits. He didn't specify exactly what he was going to do with the deposits, or who he was going to loan money to, so we couldn't have had shared beliefs on correlation which is irrelevant anyway. If he spent the money on hookers and blow, I would still expect him to honor the shared belief that he guaranteed his deposits.
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 05:01:26 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2012, 05:52:23 AM by cunicula

What has become obvious - in hindsight - is that the average level of honesty just isn't high enough.  That's without the scams, thefts, hacks and other crap that goes on.

The second layer of the pyramid defends the integrity of the first layer. Surprise, surprise. As fellow scammers you are quite concerned with protecting your bosses' rep. After all, keeping a steady stream of fish flowing in is how you make money. I see that some of you have reduced your cut over time. Not surprising, since you will need more and more inflows over time to support the pyramid. Can't wait till this blows up.

How much bitcoin is tied up with the scam, anyways? The blow up will negatively affect bitcoin prices if the scam is large scale and some of the fish have taken on bank debt in order to participate. Bitcoin debt crisis causes bitcoin price collapse. Fun times!

edited out some unnecessary stuff
The second layer of the pyramid defends the integrity of the first layer. Surprise, surprise.  Can't wait till this blows up.

I'm interested in your motivation - is it just to stir shit, you want to see those that can't afford to lose their bitcoin suffer, or do you want to gloat when it fails. Your posts do not appear to be genuine in warning (and has the impression of some religious crusade against evil).

(and while starfish are often idiots, this one expects some sort of disruption to the economy when BS&T finally closes it's doors)

In answer to your question, I wanted to help people get out while they still could. However, since most of you chose to ignore me. And now that my predictions have become
obvious - in hindsight -
I will have to settle for
gloat when it fails
PatrickHarnett (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 05:05:52 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2012, 05:17:43 AM by PatrickHarnett

The above quotes were with reference to BS&T, but I don't expect people to bother to differentiate, and I also expect that you did have your moment of happiness when Pirate disappeared.
cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 05:50:53 AM

(and while starfish are often idiots, this one expects some sort of disruption to the economy when BS&T finally closes it's doors)

obvious - in hindsight -

FTFY. Apparently you have a selective memory.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 03:31:53 AM

I didn't receive a payment this week or last week.  Did I miss an announcement about this, or is it an oversight?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 08:40:06 AM

I didn't receive a payment this week or last week.  Did I miss an announcement about this, or is it an oversight?

Don't worry, Patrick rated himself AAA+ so he's sure to pay out.  What could possibly go wrong? 
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 05:25:18 PM

The payments from hashking and patrick stopped at about the same time and they both disappeared... Whats the chances their the same guy and/or working together?

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
TheBible

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 05:35:24 PM

Whoa, Patrick has a scammer tag?  Why, who ever could have seen the fact that he was a scammer well before all of this?

I do wonder.

I wonder how long my contrary viewpoint will last this time before someone erases it like the good little fascists they are.
cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 05:57:40 PM

I wonder how long my contrary viewpoint will last this time before someone erases it like the good little fascists they are.

Please, this is a libertarian forum.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:18:27 PM

It's weird he paid back so much...in for a penny in for a pound!

Well I hope having scammer written underneath your online pseudonym on a forum you no longer participate in has taught you a valuable lesson not to steal thousands of dollars from strangers on the internet Patrick!!
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 09:24:43 PM

Can someone briefly explain why Patrick got a scammer tag, hopefully without the snide remarks? I'm guessing it's something other than this deposit scheme, or am I wrong?
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 09:30:38 PM

Can someone briefly explain why Patrick got a scammer tag, hopefully without the snide remarks? I'm guessing it's something other than this deposit scheme, or am I wrong?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=124152.0
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 11:14:10 PM

He basically gave himself a bailout.

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 12:55:40 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=124152.0
For a while now I had feared that Kraken going down would also take down BCB.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 02:43:57 PM

I'm starting to sympathize with scammers.

Excellent way to make some coin!

People on here seem to fall for the scams.   Embarrassed

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 03:12:31 PM

lol.... Can you guarantee that? ^

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: