Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:26:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAST] MastCoin | CoinRecycler | Bittrex  (Read 180230 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jcarl987

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:29:28 PM

Hi MastiffCoin Supporters,

I felt the need to comment here today. I'm sure your dev doesn't intend anything untoward here, but I just thought I'd point out your coin recycler has targeted a coin that has great potential and a great community. The WhiteCoin Foundation is in the process of registering as an official foundation in Canada, and we have numerous other projects underway, including a totally revolutionary kind of price support.

Considering the price trend on WhiteCoin has reversed, it has my instincts wondering if this is just an oversight on your dev's part... or a hope to cash in. It is definitely a bit odd that a coin still trying to be listed on larger exchanges would offer to "recycle" a coin ranked 56th in marketcap and 29th for volume out of hundreds of coins.  

In any event I'm sure this is just a miscommunication to do with when WhiteCoin's control was transferred to its community, and we wish you all the best in your work.

With Respect,

Chris Salsman

Acting President

The WhiteCoin Foundation

For further information on whitecoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568517.0

As far as I understand it, the recycler is indiscriminate and works with any coin rather than targeting a paticular coin or coins. Whitecoin was just used as an example.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mogonzo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:40:46 PM

Hi MastiffCoin Supporters,

I felt the need to comment here today. I'm sure your dev doesn't intend anything untoward here, but I just thought I'd point out your coin recycler has targeted a coin that has great potential and a great community. The WhiteCoin Foundation is in the process of registering as an official foundation in Canada, and we have numerous other projects underway, including a totally revolutionary kind of price support.

Considering the price trend on WhiteCoin has reversed, it has my instincts wondering if this is just an oversight on your dev's part... or a hope to cash in. It is definitely a bit odd that a coin still trying to be listed on larger exchanges would offer to "recycle" a coin ranked 56th in marketcap and 29th for volume out of hundreds of coins.  

In any event I'm sure this is just a miscommunication to do with when WhiteCoin's control was transferred to its community, and we wish you all the best in your work.

With Respect,

Chris Salsman

Acting President

The WhiteCoin Foundation

For further information on whitecoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568517.0

As far as I understand it, the recycler is indiscriminate and works with any coin rather than targeting a paticular coin or coins. Whitecoin was just used as an example.

Hopefully that's the case, it just felt odd to our community the way in which some of the language is being used here. This is essentially a coin dump mechanism, while very unique and interesting, I think your dev could have chosen a coin more suited for recycling. With some of the price rise predictions being put out by analysts re whitecoin, I felt it was important to be noted for both of our community's sakes.

If your community submitted a great deal of WhiteCoin to this mechanism and then a price rise followed, people will question the integrity of your devs, plain and simple.

I do believe there is nothing untoward here, but people cry Scam/FUD at the slightest drop of a hat, and this has the potential to create animosity between our two communities. I'd respectfully request your dev switch out to another coin for its alpha test.

Best of luck in your endeavours,

Chris

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
MastiffCoin (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:46:42 PM

CoinRecycler will ultimately work with any coin that is exchange-tradeable. WhiteCoin is the coin we've selected for the initial testing and development phase, for the following reasons:

1) It is on multiple exchanges, which allows for testing our cross-exchange pricing methods.
2) It has a fairly unstable price, with reasonably frequent/large price swings, which lets us test timing and concerns about price volatility during our transfer to the exchanges, etc.
3) It has a mostly reliable blockchain that we hope won't cause too many problems during the testing phases.
4) There are many people that hold it that are not thrilled with the current price.

Of course we don't mean any ill will towards the WhiteCoin Foundation or its supporters, and we wish them the best of luck. Potential future price rises, requests, or threats from a community will not influence our coin selection, as all coins will be eventually included.
mogonzo

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:52:49 PM

CoinRecycler will ultimately work with any coin that is exchange-tradeable. WhiteCoin is the coin we've selected for the initial testing and development phase, for the following reasons:

1) It is on multiple exchanges, which allows for testing our cross-exchange pricing methods.
2) It has a fairly unstable price, with reasonably frequent/large price swings, which lets us test timing and concerns about price volatility during our transfer to the exchanges, etc.
3) It has a mostly reliable blockchain that we hope won't cause too many problems during the testing phases.
4) There are many people that hold it that are not thrilled with the current price.

Of course we don't mean any ill will towards the WhiteCoin Foundation or its supporters, and we wish them the best of luck.

I take serious issue with these comments, specifically:

2. All prices in crypto are subject to daily swings, and ours swings back and forth within normal parameters for a coin at our price, with a positive growth trend firmly established in the last week in the form of the "double arch".

3. Our blockchain is not "mostly reliable", it is 100% reliable.

4. We've been undertaking major projects, and those that have stuck through the hard times of whitecoin now see it as a long term investment. Our community is a positive one not looking for short term pump gains.

You are misinformed sir, and are therefore misinforming your community.

With Respect,

Chris

MastiffCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:01:40 PM

We appreciate that you must feel obligated to defend your community, but there's no need to delve into attacks, Chris. In response to your last post:

2) Price volatility is expected with any coin, that's certainly true. Today's high and low for WC are 128 and 190 satoshis.. that's a 33% price range in 24 hour trading. I didn't say it was extreme.. just that it was volatile. I don't agree with your analysis, but here's the 1 week price graph of WC on Mintpal to let readers decide for themselves:

3) That's great! We're thrilled to have chosen a coin with a very reliable blockchain!

4) Then you have nothing to worry about, since clearly no one would be using the CoinRecycler to recycle WhiteCoin Smiley
mogonzo

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:13:52 PM

We appreciate that you must feel obligated to defend your community, but there's no need to delve into attacks, Chris. In response to your last post:

2) Price volatility is expected with any coin, that's certainly true. Today's high and low for WC are 128 and 190 satoshis.. that's a 33% price range in 24 hour trading. I didn't say it was extreme.. just that it was volatile. I don't agree with your analysis, but here's the 1 week price graph of WC on Mintpal to let readers decide for themselves:

3) That's great! We're thrilled to have chosen a coin with a very reliable blockchain!

4) Then you have nothing to worry about, since clearly no one would be using the CoinRecycler to recycle WhiteCoin Smiley

7 day coinmarketcap graph, that along with bitcoinwisdom take into account many markets rather than just one, a very important aspect to financial analysis. This clearly shows a  positive growth trend.

najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:17:38 PM

7 day coinmarketcap graph, that along with bitcoinwisdom take into account many markets rather than just one, a very important aspect to financial analysis. This clearly shows a  positive growth trend.

Can you stop the fight here ? makes you look ridicilous for your coin that's going nowhere but underground
mogonzo

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:04:10 PM

Can you stop the fight here ? makes you look ridicilous for your coin that's going nowhere but underground

Not intending to fight, text can be tricky I apologize if I'm being interpreted as combative here. As the acting president of the WCF it's my job as Chief Spokesman to present counterpoints in situations like this. To be clear, I don't believe anyone is intentionally spreading disinformation. I do believe there was clearly a misunderstanding here though that warranted some discussion.

You clearly have a motivated dev here and that's great, and the recycler really does look like a great concept, I just hope you could put yourselves in our shoes for a moment and think about how MastiffCoin's community might react in the same circumstances. I consider this all cleared up now, it would be great if another coin were chosen for your alpha test but that's something your dev and community will have to decide for itself.

Best Regards,

Chris

MastiffCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:19:31 PM

We also received a private message about this from mogonzo. I won't re-post his message publicly, but the content was similar to his posts here in terms of requesting us to select another coin for CoinRecycler's initial testing stage. Just to keep everyone apprised of the issue though, here was our reply:

"I'm sure no one wants to see their coin recycled, and understand your position, but unfortunately we can't do that. We took a poll based on a half dozen candidates that we had we selected as being viable test candidates, and WhiteCoin was chosen. In many ways, this is actually a positive statement about WhiteCoin Smiley It means we think your blockchain is reliable, you are on multiple exchanges, and there is frequent trading activity.

The initial alpha phase of CoinRecycler will be very short-lived and we'll be regularly adding other coins after entering Beta and beyond. Even if WhiteCoin was not the 1st coin chosen, it would certainly have been added soon with the rest of the candidates we identified for the early stages.

If your goal is to avoid inflaming the issue, it would be best if you would not continue posting in our thread. We're not planning on pushing CoinRecycler on the WhiteCoin community via your thread or other mediums, so we would appreciate the same consideration.

Thanks."
vir6

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:42:06 PM

Not intending to fight, text can be tricky I apologize if I'm being interpreted as combative here. As the acting president of the WCF it's my job as Chief Spokesman to present counterpoints in situations like this. To be clear, I don't believe anyone is intentionally spreading disinformation. I do believe there was clearly a misunderstanding here though that warranted some discussion.

You clearly have a motivated dev here and that's great, and the recycler really does look like a great concept, I just hope you could put yourselves in our shoes for a moment and think about how MastiffCoin's community might react in the same circumstances. I consider this all cleared up now, it would be great if another coin were chosen for your alpha test but that's something your dev and community will have to decide for itself.

Best Regards,

Chris

You said that WhiteCoin has a lot of great projects and others things going on, so you don't need to worry about the CoinRecycler, if WhiteCoin is so good no one will recycle it.

You should considerate it as a "test" : if no one recycle WhiteCoin for MAST it means WhiteCoin is better than MAST but if people start recycling WC for MAST...  Grin
dotvibe

Activity: 304

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:55:23 PM

I for one will not be recycling any WC.

i got some VOOT you might be interested in though..... (it fell of the back of a truck, honest!)
Banger42

Activity: 379

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:57:48 PM

Best Regards,

Chris

You said that WhiteCoin has a lot of great projects and others things going on, so you don't need to worry about the CoinRecycler, if WhiteCoin is so good no one will recycle it.

You should considerate it as a "test" : if no one recycle WhiteCoin for MAST it means WhiteCoin is better than MAST but if people start recycling WC for MAST...  Grin

What is MAST ?  Huh
A DeleteCoin-Clone?
Nice Smiley
MastiffCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:21:19 PM

No, not like DeleteCoin at all.

CoinRecycler simply helps people exchange coins they don't want anymore for MastiffCoin, without the intermediary steps involving transfer to an exchange, trading for bitcoin, then buying MAST. It also allows anyone to send any coin to anyone anonymously, using MastiffCoin. Additionally, it will help create buy support for MAST because it buys MastiffCoin on the open markets in order to pay out the transactions.
Enthef420

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:33:59 PM

Of course we don't mean any ill will towards the WhiteCoin Foundation or its supporters, and we wish them the best of luck.

I take serious issue with these comments, specifically:

2. All prices in crypto are subject to daily swings, and ours swings back and forth within normal parameters for a coin at our price, with a positive growth trend firmly established in the last week in the form of the "double arch".

3. Our blockchain is not "mostly reliable", it is 100% reliable.

4. We've been undertaking major projects, and those that have stuck through the hard times of whitecoin now see it as a long term investment. Our community is a positive one not looking for short term pump gains.

You are misinformed sir, and are therefore misinforming your community.

With Respect,

Chris

IMO I think this helps both coins out. Mr. WC dev your coin has cost me hard times too. I unfortunately bought WC over 1k SAT and sold for a loss. I think we should work together as divided we fall united we stand.

I think its great that the WC dev is worried and looks like we struck a nerve in this portion of the crypto community! Keep up the good work Mast Dev

etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:03:27 PM

keep good work dev !

Smiley
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:40:00 PM

I'm excited for this Coin Exchanger; hopefully its a game changer. I have some Androids tokens I would like to get rid of.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
MastiffCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:44:44 PM

Here's a fun fact from Matoshi the Mastiff via Twitter today: 1 MAST=US$0.116, 1 DOGE=US$0.000358  Grin
manfeel

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:54:30 PM

In China .one good mastiff =1000000cny

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. SktogYmNTVhszzJUNiHyiTYbmCpMCdU5rF
DogeGotMeIntoCrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:32:31 PM

I just watched 10 Buy orders in a row while the price dropped, I'm 90% positive someone is just manipulating the market while he can.  The week hands dumped and strong hands aren't budging under 17k.  Don't be a weak hand.

seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:33:46 PM

mogonzo did a lot of good work to help rescue whitecoin. but he's being delusional if he doesn't understand whitecoin is a classic example of a coin most people would want to recycle. whitecoin and asiacoin both have terrible images. i dumped a bunch of whitecoin, but still kept 500,000 in the wallet just in case. so i would love for the price to recover, but it's just not gonna happen.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: