Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:33:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAST] MastCoin | CoinRecycler | Bittrex  (Read 180239 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:11:43 PM

We should establish the specifics of what donations are going towards before setting up a fund, so there's no confusion about the intended use. Producing videos has not historically done a lot for coins, although it is potentially a good idea. Our team's idea is that launching a more traditional PR offensive to get press releases/articles on Yahoo/Bloomberg/etc. would be likely to generate more interest than a video, at this stage, and the cost would be roughly similar initially (~0.7-1 btc to get started).

If we were to move away from the "mastiff" theme but wanted to stick with "MAST" as the symbol, our options are fairly limited, as "MasterCoin" is already taken. Masterpiece and Mastermind are the only two good words that start with Mast- that come to mind, unless someone has other ideas.

Shift, Mask, Camou are possibilities. Or change the MAST to MTF or MSF. Mastermind is too long of a name imo. 1 syllable names are usually best. The shorter the better. The  simpler the better. We can have both the video and the press release and perhaps have 2 donation addresses, one for each cause?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheICE007

Activity: 646
Merit: 100

tozex.io

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:33:50 PM

how about Masteriescoin or MasteryCoin

n. - Great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity
    n. - Power to dominate or defeat
    n. - The act of mastering or subordinating someone

► TOZEX ◄ ♦ Cryptoasset Financing Platform ♦ ► TOZEX ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:41:10 PM

how about Masteriescoin

n. - Great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity
    n. - Power to dominate or defeat
    n. - The act of mastering or subordinating someone

anything to do with master isn't ideal imo because like the dev alluded to, there already is a master coin (2 master coins in fact MSC and MST) which holds steady at top 10 on the marketcap, so wed alwayd be overshadowed. It's not a unique name.

Zeraful

Activity: 214

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:49:55 PM

Well if we do decide to change the name, i'd suggest not having the word ''coin'' involved. Just my opinion, that's all.  Roll Eyes As was said before, short and simple is the best.

Just throwing something random out there like Mastic, idk.
MastiffCoin (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:51:38 PM

One concept I haven't mentioned yet that would retain the "MAST" symbol would be some sort of name that is either pirate or sailing themed.. with the symbol being like "raising the mast". But, that phrase has certain unavoidable connotations..
seattletu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:07:43 AM

i like the concept of getting rid of the "coin" at the end. i feel like the future of crypto will not have 'coin' at the end for a lot of crypto names.

i say we brainstorm for a long time, and let as many people as possible participate in the forming of the new name and logo. that way people will feel like they are a part of a new growing community.
devachelekar

Activity: 382

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:51:15 AM

If only name of the coin is to change then why not put it only "Mastcoin" instead of Mastiffcoin, I only suggest. (Cinnicoin also do not possess significent meaning at all). And coin recycler should be named as Mast Recycler. And this recycler feature be integrated into the wallet would make this coin ...boom!
ds07104com

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:16:54 AM

I think the Recoverycoin maybe the best suitable one Roll Eyes
Zunalter

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:59:49 AM

If only name of the coin is to change then why not put it only "Mastcoin" instead of Mastiffcoin, I only suggest. (Cinnicoin also do not possess significent meaning at all). And coin recycler should be named as Mast Recycler. And this recycler feature be integrated into the wallet would make this coin ...boom!

Doesn't the name "Mast Recycler" imply that you are recycling MAST? I think it would cause some avoidable confusion.
VegasMiner

Activity: 111

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:11:32 AM

How about "One" or "OneCoin" or 1Coin... Even though the amount of coins obviously isn't 1, the meaning behind it represents the recycling of multiple coins to just "OneCoin"... The name pretty much says the overall objective, one unified coin. This allows for the integration of merchant sites to allow a payment system of "OneCoin" which means you can keep your Doge, Cinni, Cloak, or whatever... I have a super secret idea that I wanted to implement myself with a type of exchange but I am not willing to discuss it over this forum. I am open to give the devs the information and top contributors but I don't want some other coin stealing or cloning our idea. I have an idea of how things are to work and what features can be offered. I think it is best that people not disregard my idea as I feel it will be highly profitable for all especially the people that implement it. How the crypto world has not caught on is beyond me but I just don't have the resources/knowledge on how to make it work. I have posted ideas in here before and don't get much feedback but this is my last offering before I take the idea to another coin. I am serious about Mastiff or "OneCoin", "One", "1", because I know the devs seem to know their stuff and keep their word unlike 90% of the other scammers here. Their recycler idea promotes my overall objective and that is why I have quite a few coins. The price of this coin makes me upset and I have days where I want to dump all but I buy more instead. Everyone here needs to keep their heads up and work together. I promise that if the right people listen to what I have to say, this coin will be bigger then any of you imagined. OneCoin may have already existed according to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200177.500 but maybe somehow we can take it or rebirth the name. Please PM me or hit me up on IRC.
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:23:56 AM

How about "One" or "OneCoin" or 1Coin... Even though the amount of coins obviously isn't 1, the meaning behind it represents the recycling of multiple coins to just "OneCoin"... The name pretty much says the overall objective, one unified coin. This allows for the integration of merchant sites to allow a payment system of "OneCoin" which means you can keep your Doge, Cinni, Cloak, or whatever... I have a super secret idea that I wanted to implement myself with a type of exchange but I am not willing to discuss it over this forum. I am open to give the devs the information and top contributors but I don't want some other coin stealing or cloning our idea. I have an idea of how things are to work and what features can be offered. I think it is best that people not disregard my idea as I feel it will be highly profitable for all especially the people that implement it. How the crypto world has not caught on is beyond me but I just don't have the resources/knowledge on how to make it work. I have posted ideas in here before and don't get much feedback but this is my last offering before I take the idea to another coin. I am serious about Mastiff or "OneCoin", "One", "1", because I know the devs seem to know their stuff and keep their word unlike 90% of the other scammers here. Their recycler idea promotes my overall objective and that is why I have quite a few coins. The price of this coin makes me upset and I have days where I want to dump all but I buy more instead. Everyone here needs to keep their heads up and work together. I promise that if the right people listen to what I have to say, this coin will be bigger then any of you imagined. OneCoin may have already existed according to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200177.500 but maybe somehow we can take it or rebirth the name. Please PM me or hit me up on IRC.

+1 for you,This is best name at this moment I have seen
MastiffCoin (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:23:47 AM

That's a great suggestion VegasMiner. It is great to see some productive brainstorming and constructive discussion! We're happy to talk on IRC anytime.

I haven't discussed it with the rest of the team yet, but my initial impression is that I'm not sure "One" meshes well with the idea you've described. "Unified", "combined", "united", etc. sound slightly more like what you're describing, to me. But let's hear what everyone else thinks! Smiley
mikehammer

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:27:51 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 04:50:45 AM by mikehammer

There have already been a couple of "Onecoins" not something we'd want to be associated with either, I'm afraid. Another "One" launches 6-21.

Perhaps sticking with MAST but as an acronym? Just spitballing here... Mutually Assured Secure Transfer... you get the idea.
DStefanov

Activity: 425

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 05:39:50 AM

Probably not pay attention to the logical question asked, but I will ask!
Maybe my question is stupid, but I'll ask anyway! What is the meaning of recycling of other coins Mastiff? Is not it still the same if I have DOGE Coin for example, which sell for bitcoin and buy Mastiff! The ultimate goal is the same!  Furthermore, the "recycling" means that anything you do something! So why not give an opportunity to recycle coins as Application coin /APP Coin/, Gift Coin /GFT/ and Goinye Coin /Coye/.
Why the voting coins like Litecoin and Doge coin that I can sell the stock exchange and money again to buy a mastiff??? Why after speaking to recycle coins are not put to a vote really "junk" coins listed above???
Please if you are willing to meet the developers, because maybe this "secret" rise collapse of the coin. For me recycling is not any extra and not have raised the value of the coin due to the above reasons.

AltxF4

Activity: 230

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:07:24 AM

Recycling will allow breaking down of buy walls that would be hard to do on your own. Eventually the recycler will also provide a level of anon as an option to any coin being recycled.
seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:20:53 AM

it's nice to see people dedicated to this coin. there is a real solid foundation on which to build. obviously we need a little bit of marketing, and perhaps that involves a name change. i really agree with creating a financial feel to the coin. and if anyone has any innovative suggestions like vegasminer has said above, please contact the dev and run your idea by him. this coin could be an innovative monster.
vir6

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:42:06 AM

Can you create a donation fund so the community can chip in. Have both btc address and mast address to donate to. 0.7 is nothing and we should be able to reach that in no time. I can donate some right now. Keep us all posted.  Grin

First we need the price to go up a little to be taken more seriously.

We should establish the specifics of what donations are going towards before setting up a fund, so there's no confusion about the intended use. Producing videos has not historically done a lot for coins, although it is potentially a good idea. Our team's idea is that launching a more traditional PR offensive to get press releases/articles on Yahoo/Bloomberg/etc. would be likely to generate more interest than a video, at this stage, and the cost would be roughly similar initially (~0.7-1 btc to get started).

If we were to move away from the "mastiff" theme but wanted to stick with "MAST" as the symbol, our options are fairly limited, as "MasterCoin" is already taken. Masterpiece and Mastermind are the only two good words that start with Mast- that come to mind, unless someone has other ideas.

There is not so much wotds with MAST in it (http://www.scrabblefinder.com/starts-with/mast/)

Here are some I find cool and catchy: Native, Legacy, 0day, Ultimate, Final, Convert, Vault...

Probably not pay attention to the logical question asked, but I will ask!
Maybe my question is stupid, but I'll ask anyway! What is the meaning of recycling of other coins Mastiff? Is not it still the same if I have DOGE Coin for example, which sell for bitcoin and buy Mastiff! The ultimate goal is the same!  Furthermore, the "recycling" means that anything you do something! So why not give an opportunity to recycle coins as Application coin /APP Coin/, Gift Coin /GFT/ and Goinye Coin /Coye/.
Why the voting coins like Litecoin and Doge coin that I can sell the stock exchange and money again to buy a mastiff??? Why after speaking to recycle coins are not put to a vote really "junk" coins listed above???
Please if you are willing to meet the developers, because maybe this "secret" rise collapse of the coin. For me recycling is not any extra and not have raised the value of the coin due to the above reasons.

The ultimate goal of the Coin Recycler is to take the place of exchanges, when the Coin Recycler will support something like 10 coins and be integrated into wallet people will not need to use an exchange, they will be able to buy MAST from their wallet and from many coins or simply from BTC (if the Coin Recycler support btc).

It will be faster, more secure, with a high anonymity level, no online accounts needed, without fees...

What I see here is something BIG, really BIG, that could bring the crypto world to a new level !

We should create a meeting date on the IRC with community + devs to talk about all those things.

AltxF4

Activity: 230

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:05:39 AM

Ooh I Like 0Day!

At first I was on the no name change side, but as this slump continues...I do seriously believe that it may be due to the doge association. Stupid subliminal human mind!

I do think though that we should wait until we have a few more coins in the recycler, and see how that changes things.
K3RR

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:09:55 AM

https://www.mintpal.com/voting
Totolo

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:17:43 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 10:59:41 AM by Totolo

One concept I haven't mentioned yet that would retain the "MAST" symbol would be some sort of name that is either pirate or sailing themed.. with the symbol being like "raising the mast". But, that phrase has certain unavoidable connotations..

i like the concept of getting rid of the "coin" at the end. i feel like the future of crypto will not have 'coin' at the end for a lot of crypto names.

i say we brainstorm for a long time, and let as many people as possible participate in the forming of the new name and logo. that way people will feel like they are a part of a new growing community.

How about "One" or "OneCoin" or 1Coin... Even though the amount of coins obviously isn't 1, the meaning behind it represents the recycling of multiple coins to just "OneCoin"... The name pretty much says the overall objective, one unified coin. This allows for the integration of merchant sites to allow a payment system of "OneCoin" which means you can keep your Doge, Cinni, Cloak, or whatever...

i readed and thought about all these idea,

what about using REUNION COIN or just REUNION [REU],or REUNION RAISE or E-Reunion or Mast Reunion, and about pirate thing , there is a island called Reunion Island in indian ocean that was a pirate island with a treasure hunt story that still not found, a treasure never found and that has been hide on the island by Olivier Levasseur, a pirate that stole a gold treasure estimated at 4.5billion euro (6billion dollar). He is also the pirate that inspirated the "One Piece" character "Gold Roger" also known as "King's Pirate" (very popular), maybe we can use the island legend or pirate legend to promote? this treasure have a huge story and are one of the holy grail in the world of treasure hunter. its also called reunion because when you travel on it its like a world tour of every landscape that can exist and because population root came from all around the world, and was also the point were meets ship from every country.
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: