Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:51:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How often do you use BTC to buy something?
Whenever I can - 165 (28.7%)
Occasionally - 245 (42.6%)
Never, I wait for the price to go up - 165 (28.7%)
Total Voters: 575

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you USE your BTC?  (Read 30954 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:04:03 AM

Use? It's a store of value, not something you use.  Shocked

The ideal method of use is more along the lines of being a currency. As the price gets more stabilized (we're really in a stable area now, though it's not sure how much longer it'll last), this will become more viable. Essentially you should be able to buy into BTC and then spend it a week later at the same cost you bought it at, getting rid of this "I need to save it forever" feeling.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 06:17:16 AM

I just hope this is the calm that precedes the storm. I know of a few projects that are going to re-shape the cryptocoin industry and they're becoming live in around 6-9 months.
One year from now this forum will be a very different place. Calm before the storm? This is a light breeze before an F5 tornado.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:27:05 AM

I've used my bitcoin to pay for a burger combo at a downtown burger place.  Besides that, I'm just holding on to it for the future.  Right now it is far too low in price for me to justify spending it.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:28:47 AM

I've used my bitcoin to pay for a burger combo at a downtown burger place.  Besides that, I'm just holding on to it for the future.  Right now it is far too low in price for me to justify spending it.

Their is a burger joint that accepts Bitcoin that would totally be worth it and I agree with you for me the price is to low to what I believe the price will become for me to justify unnecessary expenses using it for now.

Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:35:11 AM

The ideal method of use is more along the lines of being a currency. As the price gets more stabilized (we're really in a stable area now, though it's not sure how much longer it'll last), this will become more viable. Essentially you should be able to buy into BTC and then spend it a week later at the same cost you bought it at, getting rid of this "I need to save it forever" feeling.

bitcoin is finite, if enough more people gets in, the price will rise. To be stable, there should be no more big grow in adoption. So bitcoin price will remain going up and sometimes down due to action of people bothered with btc growth, and will be more value storage than a way of exchange, until there is no more room to grow
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:36:10 AM

Their is a burger joint that accepts Bitcoin that would totally be worth it and I agree with you for me the price is to low to what I believe the price will become for me to justify unnecessary expenses using it for now.

Unless of course you purchase BTC same day and then spend it for the sake of spending BTC. So you wouldn't really be affected by any volatility, which in theory wouldn't mean you're losing any money in the 'exchange'.  Smiley

Well of course you can do that as well, make a burger and fries budget and not need to carry around any cash or visa's
I meant holding in a long duration but your right for day to day purchases it works like that.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:41:12 AM

bitcoin is finite, if enough more people gets in, the price will rise. To be stable, there should be no more big grow in adoption. So bitcoin price will remain going up and sometimes down due to action of people bothered with btc growth, and will be more value storage than a way of exchange, until there is no more room to grow

It is a flawed system, for sure. But if Bitcoin was about nothing but the storage of wealth, there would be no reason to cash out until you needed the money for emergencies. Everyone would just buy and never sell, and there would be only a small trickle there, meaning that the market would be stagnant in terms of volume. This is the opposite of what Bitcoin is designed for.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:42:43 AM

I don't spend any BTC, well I have had a few cheeky rolls of a dice game but that's all. I am actually sitting in fiat on an exchange, biding my time waiting for my buy order to fill. Missed a good opportunity a few weeks ago to make a killing, don't want to miss out again.

If I managed to get my buy orders filled then I'd likely stash away some coins, sell a bunch and then spend some on Amazon via Gyft. Here's hoping!

turvarya

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:50:56 AM

There are not enough options by using BTC right now..
I hope it will improve someday.

There are quite a lot of options, actually. There is cryptothrift, which is similar to Ebay (but accepts BTC). There is Bitpremier, where you can buy luxury real estate for Bitcoins. There is agoracommodities, where you can buy Bullion for Bitcoin. I agree that Bitcoin shopping doesn't have the variety which Paypal / VISA shopping possess, but it is vastly improving.
That are really good examples, why I can't spend bitcoins. I don't use Ebay(anymore). I don't buy luxury real estate(I can't afford normal real estate without going into debt). I wouldn't call buying Bullions USING bitcoins, since Bullions are just another form of speculation/savings, it's like buying altcoins with BTC.

I live in Austria, which is one of the richest countries in the world, but People here are just very slow, when it Comes to Adoption of new Technologies. I might go to Berlin in Summer and buy some coffee with BTC.
The only other realistic use of BTC for me is gyft, but the last time I bough something on Amazon, I didn't think about that

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
ernestJam

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:27:29 AM

I buy coffee for BTC almost every day))
bitdraw

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:36:45 AM

i pay with bitcoin wherever i can. sadly my local coffeeshop and supermarkets dont accept bitcoins..

but ordering food and paying with bitcoins works brilliantly.

i also buy back the btc i spend! boosting the btc economy while still keeping the same btc holding seems a good choice to me Wink
bitdraw

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:38:24 AM

There are quite a lot of options, actually. There is cryptothrift, which is similar to Ebay (but accepts BTC). There is Bitpremier, where you can buy luxury real estate for Bitcoins. There is agoracommodities, where you can buy Bullion for Bitcoin. I agree that Bitcoin shopping doesn't have the variety which Paypal / VISA shopping possess, but it is vastly improving.
That are really good examples, why I can't spend bitcoins. I don't use Ebay(anymore). I don't buy luxury real estate(I can't afford normal real estate without going into debt). I wouldn't call buying Bullions USING bitcoins, since Bullions are just another form of speculation/savings, it's like buying altcoins with BTC.

I live in Austria, which is one of the richest countries in the world, but People here are just very slow, when it Comes to Adoption of new Technologies. I might go to Berlin in Summer and buy some coffee with BTC.
The only other realistic use of BTC for me is gyft, but the last time I bough something on Amazon, I didn't think about that

Austrian here too, lieferservice.at is a good way to spend your btc if you like ordering food Wink but you are right, austria is damn slow when it comes to new technology adoption..
_Miracle

Activity: 908
Merit: 660

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 07:49:47 AM

I make it a point to spend it but would like to be saving more as well.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
turvarya

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:50:43 AM

Austrian here too, lieferservice.at is a good way to spend your btc if you like ordering food Wink but you are right, austria is damn slow when it comes to new technology adoption..
I don't  order Food, but maybe I can talk some People into using bitcoins for this Service. Thanks a lot.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
RomertL

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:24:17 AM

Would if I could, but very rarely do I find a seller of something I want that accepts Bitcoin. if I expect price to grow (which I do) I can just buy more if I think my Bitcoin holding gets too low. By using Bitcoin for purchases I'm indicating to the seller it was not a bad idea starting to accept Bitcoin, and maybe in a few cases make the seller himself spend the Bitcoin somewhere rather than directly convert it to fiat.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

bSpend (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:51:28 AM

It'd be interesting if you could give an example when you say that you couldn't find what you were looking for. Like I was looking for these XYZ shoes but couldn't find them sold in BTC so had to use fiat. Or wanted to book my holiday but couldn't etc. That gives other members a chance to maybe help and let you know about some BTC markets/services you didn't know about
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:02:54 PM

Code:
Whenever I can	 26 (35.1%)
Occasionally 29 (39.2%)
Never, I wait for the price to go up 19 (25.7%)
Total Voters: 74

That's a nice healthy cross section!

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
johnatan32

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:26:21 PM

I use Bitcoin as a real money
Zoey Kush

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 09:45:56 PM

I don't have enough to use. Yet!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:48:59 PM

I use Bitcoin as a real money

Good! Because it is Smiley

And the more people that realize this and embrace it, the more liquidity the coins get (and the more stable the market becomes).

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: