Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:30:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Conference 2011 NYC  (Read 66377 times)
defxor

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 05:57:35 PM

As I said, Amsterdam would be better than Pattaya - in my opinion.

Yes, but Pattaya is not bad. I'll just do the same Google search as for Amsterdam: http://www.google.com/search?q=pattaya+conferences

It's obviously a good place for conferences, and a lot of conferences seem to be held there without people talking about sex slaves and drugs in connection to those topics.

Btw, I'm sure we'd all love to have your streaming expertise available when you can next time! That sounds great.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:59:15 PM

Notice how the only people who have a problem with me banning people are the same people would be the ones catching that ban  Cheesy.

Such a joke.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 07:01:53 PM

Notice how the only people who have a problem with me banning people are the same people would be the ones catching that ban  Cheesy.

Such a joke.
Kind of like how the only people who had a problem with Nazis killing people were the people being killed.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 07:05:11 PM

Such a joke.
Kind of like how the only people who had a problem with Nazis killing people were the people being killed.

Hehe, FlipPro, what are you, 12? I have no reason to believe I would "catch a ban", and if I did, it really wouldn't matter much (you do realise this is just a tiny, obscure forum in a tiny, obscure corner of the internet, right?). I have a problem with banning people for what they say or think... just a problem I've had for a very long time now, in general. If you ban someone from expressing themselves, it only reflects badly on the weakness of your own ideas and arguments. If your position was solid, you'd have no need to ban anyone.

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 07:08:39 PM

Notice how the only people who have a problem with me banning people are the same people would be the ones catching that ban  Cheesy.

Such a joke.
Where did that reference come from SGT lol. If anything they are the Nazis seeking to destroy and conquer.
If they succeed in killing this forum because of relaxed regulations then that's fine it was meant to happen this way.
We still got a chance to fight back though, most of the people I have been talking to are growing tired, and if ban hammers can't go down in this site, they sure as hell will go down in the 20 other Bitcoin community's.
Regardless they will never kill Bitcoin (which is what they ultimately want) and thankfully it will never happen. This forum is obviously not vital to Bitcoins growth, but it is becoming increasingly annoying to have any valid discussions without having some clown trying derail/troll the thread into oblivion.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 07:25:25 PM

It is important to separate out a few issues.

Regardless of all other issues people seem to want to bring up, Pattaya is simply not what anybody thinks, when you think "financial center of Asia."

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 08:39:30 PM

Regardless of all other issues people seem to want to bring up, Pattaya is simply not what anybody thinks, when you think "financial center of Asia."

Good point.

Singapore is a much better fit.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
Blackout

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2011, 08:44:04 PM

<------------ what he said

I'll be at the next NYC one if the world is still here and if bitcoin is still here. Someone's dumping quite some amounts today it seems it's dropped 3 bucks in the last few hours.  Before their is another "official conference" I'll probably come to one of the NYC meetups so I'm sure I'll meet those of you NYC based bitpeeps.

http://blackout.com
Insane writings for an Outsane world: http://blackoutsblog.com

Blackout Radio on android or iphone DL TuneIn APP & search for Blackout Radio http://tunein.com/tuner/?StationId=136506

https://secure.btcontilt.com/register.php?referred=Blackout (BTC Poker)
thefussydutchman

Activity: 142

BTC- Its not a bubble.

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 08:44:30 PM

i thought it was going to be in Amsterdam
The_Duke

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 09:36:22 PM

Such a joke.

Hehe, FlipPro, what are you, 12? I have no reason to believe I would "catch a ban", and if I did, it really wouldn't matter much (you do realise this is just a tiny, obscure forum in a tiny, obscure corner of the internet, right?). I have a problem with banning people for what they say or think... just a problem I've had for a very long time now, in general. If you ban someone from expressing themselves, it only reflects badly on the weakness of your own ideas and arguments. If your position was solid, you'd have no need to ban anyone.

+1

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 09:55:36 PM

...but still the truth for now until China & the bankers pull the rug.  

You're an American...you should know where your debts lie.

Such a joke.

I am not from somethingawful, and I have a huge problem with your grand plan. The only thing that is a joke is the fact that you really think you deserve to be made a mod, especially in light of your recent declarations. I, for one, am extremely opposed to you wielding that power and have full faith that the staff and mods will make the right decision.
Blackout

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2011, 10:03:22 PM

...but still the truth for now until China & the bankers pull the rug.  

You're an American...you should know where your debts lie.

Such a joke.

I am not from somethingawful, and I have a huge problem with your grand plan. The only thing that is a joke is the fact that you really think you deserve to be made a mod, especially in light of your recent declarations. I, for one, am extremely opposed to you wielding that power and have full faith that the staff and mods will make the right decision.

Well most of these can be consolidated into "bankers"  public debt is just banker endless fractional reserve banking. Actually no real money exists at this point. All debt.

http://blackout.com
Insane writings for an Outsane world: http://blackoutsblog.com

Blackout Radio on android or iphone DL TuneIn APP & search for Blackout Radio http://tunein.com/tuner/?StationId=136506

https://secure.btcontilt.com/register.php?referred=Blackout (BTC Poker)
Gerken

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 11:35:03 PM

[/quote]

Nicely said, particularly the last part.  Bitcoin will have to endure much worse than a few trolls from some forum, if you can't even handle that, then you probably just turn off your computer. 

Also, they don't want bitcoin dead, that wouldn't be any fun.  Kinda like watching Nascar, it's only fun when there are wrecks.

JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 03:20:06 AM

Notice how the only people who have a problem with me banning people are the same people would be the ones catching that ban  Cheesy.

Such a joke.
Where did that reference come from SGT lol. If anything they are the Nazis seeking to destroy and conquer.
If they succeed in killing this forum because of relaxed regulations then that's fine it was meant to happen this way.
We still got a chance to fight back though, most of the people I have been talking to are growing tired, and if ban hammers can't go down in this site, they sure as hell will go down in the 20 other Bitcoin community's.
Regardless they will never kill Bitcoin (which is what they ultimately want) and thankfully it will never happen. This forum is obviously not vital to Bitcoins growth, but it is becoming increasingly annoying to have any valid discussions without having some clown trying derail/troll the thread into oblivion.

Everyone should move all SERIOUS discussion of Bitcoin to TweetForum, bastion of valid discussions
The_Duke

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 08:51:02 AM

Everyone should move all SERIOUS discussion of Bitcoin to TweetForum, bastion of valid discussions

... and censorship. After all, what is an open source project without some proper censorship eh!? Cheesy

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:36:13 PM

Are all the people that think Amsterdam is a bad location from the US or something?
No, they are trolls from the SA board.

I'm from EU and yeah...never heard such crap. Amsterdam is fine, there is nothing wrong with weed or sex, and even if those things were bad it's still a great location, easily reachable from anywhere in Europe and the largest city in the Netherlands...

Seems like some people think the world revolves around America, and everything that their precious government says is correct.
Very few people think that, even from America.  Most Americans think our government is crap.  The majority of Americans are for the legalization of weed and simply love sex.  There is a small (but vocal) minority that do not.  

I recommend you leave your sheltered pathetic little lives for some time and see the world from outside your little box, you will find that actually the rest of the world thinks the US is a joke and your not the center of the world.

I have traveled all over the world, including Amsterdam.  Very few people think the US is a joke, and despite OUR STUPID GOVERNMENT they still want to come here.   When in other countries, they complain about very similar things to what we do such as taxes, government waste and corruption, and the price of things.
+1 to this entire post.

99% of the negative threads you see in this forum are coming from these sick people http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3413928.

If you been there please don't click on the link (they love the attention.) I have already applied to be moderator here, and I swear I will handle it if I get the chance. About 200+ people would be banned overnight, but I swear to god I would clean this place up...

Uhm no, you will ban no one.

Such a joke.

+1

The_Duke

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 04:38:17 PM

Oh crap Gabi, now you're on Flip's "later-when-I'm-an-adult-I-will-ban-you" list. Bewareeeeee... beware!

alkhdaniel

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 06:25:16 PM

... and censorship. After all, what is an open source project without some proper censorship eh!? Cheesy
What does a forum dedicated to an open source project have to do with censorship? Open source is only.. open source... conservapedia?

I'm not against you in the argument, i guess this forum needs a small cleanup but nothing extreme.

However this is totally the wrong thread for this discussion (and should probably be cleaned away).
The_Duke

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 08:17:04 PM

What does a forum dedicated to an open source project have to do with censorship? Open source is only.. open source... conservapedia?

I'm not against you in the argument, i guess this forum needs a small cleanup but nothing extreme.

However this is totally the wrong thread for this discussion (and should probably be cleaned away).

I think you missed some of Flip's comments on how he wanted to ban everyone from this forum who doesn't agree with him.  That's how he does it  on Tweetforum too, which is why it has such a low user and postcount. That is what I was referring to.

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 08:24:07 PM

I think you missed some of Flip's comments on how he wanted to ban everyone from this forum who doesn't agree with him.  That's how he does it  on Tweetforum too, which is why it has such a low user and postcount. That is what I was referring to.
We have only been open for 3 short months and already have 2700+ members. And thousands of hits every month. We are also working on a whole new custom-made platform that will more closely align TF with my original vision. So it's only going to get better and better  Smiley.

I haven't actually had the pleasure to ban anyone like you, because the TweetForum community seems to be a relaxed and friendly one.

People who seek to divide and conquer aren't welcome
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: