Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:07:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we abort the 9/19 fork and revisit changes at a later date?
Abort - Keep the coin the same. - 1 (25%)
Go Forward - Fork at midnight GMT on Friday 9/19 - 3 (75%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SPT] - Spots - Cryptsy | Fork 9/19 | Scrypt | Introducing Reward Reduction  (Read 93323 times)
Shivoreun

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 09:18:55 PM

Spots are dead... Long live the Spots! Sad

P.S. Sorry for errors in English - it's not my native language...
AmericanComputerNerd (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 02:45:37 PM

Spots are dead... Long live the Spots! Sad

I wouldn't say we're dead...  But, I have made no significant updates to anything in a while.  I don't plan on taking the website down, or turning anything off.  I'm also here if anyone wanted to chat, or has ideas, or even wants to take over and give another strategy a try.

A lot of the older coins get less frequent updates.  We still have an active blockchain, client, website, 2 exchange stores, and a popular exchange. 

The one thing we have always been missing is a large community base.  It's the same passionate 3-5 people that keep checking back, participating, etc...  For some reason, this coin doesn't catch the casual browser's eye anymore.
serpicodk

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 02:36:08 AM

Im afraid that all is coming down

Shivoreun

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:42:51 PM

I wouldn't say we're dead...  But, I have made no significant updates to anything in a while.  I don't plan on taking the website down, or turning anything off.  I'm also here if anyone wanted to chat, or has ideas, or even wants to take over and give another strategy a try.

A lot of the older coins get less frequent updates.  We still have an active blockchain, client, website, 2 exchange stores, and a popular exchange. 

The one thing we have always been missing is a large community base.  It's the same passionate 3-5 people that keep checking back, participating, etc...  For some reason, this coin doesn't catch the casual browser's eye anymore.

I wouldn't say as I did, but look like there is no alive pool left, and my last mined coins are "hanging" unconfirmed during ~2 weeks, no activity in the network.

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 06:30:05 AM

I wouldn't say as I did, but look like there is no alive pool left, and my last mined coins are "hanging" unconfirmed during ~2 weeks, no activity in the network.

I'm curious if you are on the right fork???  The main Block Explorer "http://explore.thespt.com" is showing 23 connected peers and new blocks coming in approximately every 70 seconds, as designed.  There should be no significant delays in confirming blocks.

Again, the coin is not dead, it's just got low interest / transaction volume right now.  The core infrastructure is solid, and working great.
Shivoreun

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 01:25:06 PM

I'm curious if you are on the right fork???  The main Block Explorer "http://explore.thespt.com" is showing 23 connected peers and new blocks coming in approximately every 70 seconds, as designed.  There should be no significant delays in confirming blocks.

Again, the coin is not dead, it's just got low interest / transaction volume right now.  The core infrastructure is solid, and working great.

Hmmm... Maybe, it's a solo miners generate these blocks. I've checked now again, and still no alive pool for mining spots. Wallet is synced, there are 6 connections to the SPT network, but 5+ SPT still unconfirmed (almost 3 weeks has passed). Wallet ver v2.0.0.2-unk-beta (EXE size is 22120960 bytes). Deleted the database, and will wait it to be downloaded from scratch - maybe this will change something...
Anyway, the coin is now not attractive for mining. The scrypt algo is much more temp and power unefficient, than groestl or lyra2re. Bad decision.

Last Call

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:04:02 PM

Interesting, in less then a month the price of SPT's doubles on Cryptsy and yet the forum is dead.  Imagine what this coin would do if there was an active forum and dev team promoting and working on the future of this coin.  Soooo much potential  Roll Eyes
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:21:41 PM

Interesting, in less then a month the price of SPT's doubles on Cryptsy and yet the forum is dead.  Imagine what this coin would do if there was an active forum and dev team promoting and working on the future of this coin.  Soooo much potential  Roll Eyes

Price is doubled as the supply is less.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 04:56:32 AM

I've always believed in this coin.  That is part of why I helped the community clean up the source code and relaunch it (with several others, of course).  At this point, the only thing I can do is to tell you to read the history and see all of the effort and thought that has gone in to getting us here.  Like I've mentioned before, I'm still here and the coin is not dead.  The infrastructure is strong, and we have fulfilled our current development plans.

I don't think we need a flashy business plan, or to make huge promises.  The altcoin market is already flooded with coins that are constantly changing, for no reason.  This is where I intend to be different.  This coin was intended to sit on a strong infrastructure, have a long lifespan, and be used to trade altcoins for precious metals.  We're doing just that, and will continue in to the future.

With all of that said, if you have ideas on how to grow the community or suggest another round of developments, please do that here or via PM. 
jmfcanada

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 11:02:21 PM

With all of that said, if you have ideas on how to grow the community or suggest another round of developments, please do that here or via PM. 

A gpu friendly algo would be nice. I would happily come back and mine it. I could set up pool as well.  Grin

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 10:10:08 PM

A gpu friendly algo would be nice. I would happily come back and mine it. I could set up pool as well.  Grin

Scrypt is (at least was) pretty GPU friendly.  Spots doesn't have an absurd difficulty level, like some other coins, so with a decent GPU you could still claim some blocks.
CuriousCoins

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:55:31 PM

Some basic questions.

1) How much premine, or is there one?
2) There was a spots coin some time back by a fellow I think who worked in a cleaning industry or something. What is the relationship with this coin?
3) The idea of linking a coin to a commodity like silver is good, as long as it is done at a technical level, and not just marketing. Are there any plans to make a hard link between the coin and silver for example?

I'm curious too why the coin is so cheap. The market cap seems to be around 10 btc but it looks like a healthy coin. Can someone summarize any drama or news that a person looking at the coin might want to know about?

Thanks.
bleexrossignol

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 09:09:16 AM

wiki created here
http://cryptocoin-wiki.com/wiki/scrypt/spots-spt/
CuriousCoins

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 12:43:12 AM

It's a blank page. No info on premine or history. Google has very little. Is this coin dead?
MrData

Activity: 290

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 02:11:15 AM

Some basic questions.

1) How much premine, or is there one?
2) There was a spots coin some time back by a fellow I think who worked in a cleaning industry or something. What is the relationship with this coin?
3) The idea of linking a coin to a commodity like silver is good, as long as it is done at a technical level, and not just marketing. Are there any plans to make a hard link between the coin and silver for example?

I'm curious too why the coin is so cheap. The market cap seems to be around 10 btc but it looks like a healthy coin. Can someone summarize any drama or news that a person looking at the coin might want to know about?

Thanks.

1) There was no premine in Spots.
2) Spots v2 is a continuation of Spots by a new team without the involvement of iGotSpots who made Spots v1 (who owns/owned a cleaning business.) It is the same blockchain but with a updated client.
3) It would be nice, but I don't think it would be possible to enforce with no silver holdings backing it or anything.

It's a stable and established coin, it just doesn't have any "hype" making it more popular.

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 02:32:53 AM

Heya

Just FYI that we're mining SPT on our multipool: www.xpool.ca and miners have the option to keep their SPT just by entering their SPT address in their user settings.

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
CuriousCoins

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:12:35 PM

1) There was no premine in Spots.
2) Spots v2 is a continuation of Spots by a new team without the involvement of iGotSpots who made Spots v1 (who owns/owned a cleaning business.) It is the same blockchain but with a updated client.
3) It would be nice, but I don't think it would be possible to enforce with no silver holdings backing it or anything.

It's a stable and established coin, it just doesn't have any "hype" making it more popular.

It seems like one of the first things a person would want to know about a coin is whether there is a premine or not. There are a lot of sly coins with hidden premises etc, so it would be helpful to mention no premine in the initial coin description.

I followed some of the comments of igotspots who created the coin initially. He seemed like an honest broker. If this is "the same block chain but with an updated client", then it should be a good long term coin.

The comment about linking a commodity is forward looking. I looked at the first post and saw the new developer is offering silver ingots for spots coins. It's not practical at this point, more of a cosmetic service. But eventually the coins that are stable will have to be linked to something. This will probably take the form of 'market makers' who are comfortable in both currency and commodity markets, who can afford the risk etc. Selling small ingots might be a very tiny step toward linkage, sort of symbolic.

This looks like an okay coin.
nuttynoah

Activity: 229

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:22:16 PM

Where can I get a working mac wallet?
Spekske

Activity: 673
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 04:39:22 AM

SPT now available for mining at this freshly created NOMP pool:

http://coincave.eu

1.5% fee, all pools vardiff 2-16384

Matory

Activity: 399

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:34:07 PM

Where can I get a working mac wallet?

Hi all!

Temporary blockexplorer is in http://www.crypto2.net/spots/blocks.php
Win, linux and mac wallets will update in 2-3 days.
Happy trading!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: