Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:08:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we abort the 9/19 fork and revisit changes at a later date?
Abort - Keep the coin the same. - 1 (25%)
Go Forward - Fork at midnight GMT on Friday 9/19 - 3 (75%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SPT] - Spots - Cryptsy | Fork 9/19 | Scrypt | Introducing Reward Reduction  (Read 93323 times)
zlm2201

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:02:44 PM

good ,wish a best coin
MrData

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 03:31:26 PM

I still have an old SPT-wallet.
Can I simply copy wallet.dat from the Spots-folder into the new Spots2-folder, to use it there?

Edit: Just checked it myself and it seems to work.

Yep, you can use your existing wallet.dat (while we've had no issues I would recommend making a backup.)

:/

--------
Cигнaтypa пpoблeмы:
  Имя coбытия пpoблeмы:   APPCRASH
  Имя пpилoжeния:   spots2-qt.exe
  Bepcия пpилoжeния:   2.0.0.1
  Oтмeткa вpeмeни пpилoжeния:   537d2e51
  Имя мoдyля c oшибкoй:   StackHash_0a9e
  Bepcия мoдyля c oшибкoй:   0.0.0.0
  Oтмeткa вpeмeни мoдyля c oшибкoй:   00000000
  Кoд иcключeния:   c0000005
  Cмeщeниe иcключeния:   00000438
  Bepcия OC:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Кoд языкa:   1049
  Дoпoлнитeльныe cвeдeния 1:   0a9e
  Дoпoлнитeльныe cвeдeния 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Дoпoлнитeльныe cвeдeния 3:   0a9e
  Дoпoлнитeльныe cвeдeния 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
--------

Need more info than that Smiley
My 1st guess with no information would be are you using a data folder with Spots v1 files in it? Make sure to use a clean folder if that's the case only copying over the Spots v1 wallet.dat (no peers.dat or other files.)

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.
sunsofdust

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:19:45 PM

What is the status of Cryptsy updating to SPOTS V2?
Desten

Activity: 357

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:22:50 PM

Need more info than that Smiley
My 1st guess with no information would be are you using a data folder with Spots v1 files in it? Make sure to use a clean folder if that's the case only copying over the Spots v1 wallet.dat (no peers.dat or other files.)

No, just started spots2-qt.exe /? without any other manipulations. Before that %AppData%/Spots2 didn't exist.
After crash i checked existence of this dir - no dir. Started daemon spots2d.exe - after that Spots2 dir appeared with blocks/ and chainstate/ dirs, .lock, db.log, debug.log, peers.dat and wallet.dat. After that started spots2-qt.exe /? again - same crash. spots2-qt.exe without arguments - same crash.
AmericanComputerNerd (OP)

Activity: 224

"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 11:27:44 PM

What is the status of Cryptsy updating to SPOTS V2?

Several support tickets have been submitted to Cryptsy, which so far have not been reported as closed out / resolved.  So I don't think the wallet has been updated yet.

Matory made contact with BigVern a few days ago, and was told they were aware and were working on it.  I would recommend that each member of the community that uses Cryptsy flood them with requests and emails regarding the wallet upgrade. 

I'm not sure what their delay is, but if the community starts to reach out they will have to update the wallet.  I hear these support delays are common with Cryptsy, which is unfortunate...
nixon99

Activity: 637

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:42:24 AM

I still have an old SPT-wallet.
Can I simply copy wallet.dat from the Spots-folder into the new Spots2-folder, to use it there?

Edit: Just checked it myself and it seems to work.
That's good, I'll be doing the same with the mac wallet

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 11:38:59 AM

Today is the day!  Just shy of 12 hours from now...  Smiley

I wanted to quickly give a snapshot of what to expect, so that everyone has clear expectations.  The fork is set by a time stamp, so at midnight GMT (6/1/2014 00:00:00) the algorithm and difficulty target will switch over to Scrypt-N and KGW.  When this happens, your Scrypt miners are going to begin rejecting shares and you'll need to switch to a Scrypt-N pool / adjust your solo mining.

The blockchain will not be magically fixed at midnight GMT.  We will immediately switch over to Scrypt-N, but the KGW will take several blocks to adjust and regulate the blockchain.  Especially if the difficulty is high at the time of the fork.  This is to be expected, and by design, it adjusts a small amount every block instead of wild swings. 

I think we can fix this by purposely decreasing hashing power throughout the day to decrease difficulty and turning it back on after the fork. 

After the fork, the old version of the software will break off on its own chain and likely stall to a crawl if not stopped completely!  Anyone still on this version may experience days before transactions are confirmed and trouble connecting to peers.  Upgrade to V2 to resolve this.

Our Spots2 software will break off on its own chain which will be much more stable (70 sec blocks) and ASIC resistant.  All of our new features and fixes will only work on this fork.  All previous transactions and stored value will carry over on this chain.

I'll be out and about throughout the day, but feel free to reply with questions.  If someone else doesn't answer them, I'll jump back on later this evening.  MrData may jump in and correct portions of this, he knows more than me on this subject, so trust him.  Wink

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 11:43:12 AM

Also, I wanted to throw this link out there...  You can convert 6/1/2014 00:00:00 (or epoch 1401580800) to your local timezone.

http://www.epochconverter.com/
Desten

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:30:42 PM

MrData, so, any ideas?
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 05:38:47 PM

Not really, he covered it pretty well Smiley
The only other thing is while it won't drop existing connections after the hardfork it will reject any new connections from Spots v1 clients so they won't be sending invalid blocks into the network. If you want to restart your clients after the hardfork it will help with that too but isn't necessary.

Desten

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:58:10 PM

The only other thing is while it won't drop existing connections after the hardfork it will reject any new connections from Spots v1 clients so they won't be sending invalid blocks into the network. If you want to restart your clients after the hardfork it will help with that too but isn't necessary.

Don't understand about what you are talking... I'm asking about wallet crashes... Can't be at new fork.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 07:19:38 PM

Don't understand about what you are talking... I'm asking about wallet crashes... Can't be at new fork.

I think MrData thought you were referring to my post from earlier this morning.  Not the issue where you were asking for help yesterday.  Can you provide your OS version, try to be specific as possible with what you are doing, and if possible try to grab a screenshot of your error message.

To date, there have been no issues reported with the clients.  It sounds like the problem may be on your end?
followtheboss

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:23:54 PM

I think MrData thought you were referring to my post from earlier this morning.  Not the issue where you were asking for help yesterday.  Can you provide your OS version, try to be specific as possible with what you are doing, and if possible try to grab a screenshot of your error message.

To date, there have been no issues reported with the clients.  It sounds like the problem may be on your end?

Dev did you see my PM ?

cheers

MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 07:48:35 PM

Sorry Desten, I thought you meant that post before your reply from AmericanComputerNerd.

I'm not sure on the crash, the data files would have been my #1 guess but if the Spots2 folder didn't exist it wouldn't be that. c0000005 means a null pointer exception so it could literally be anything. StackHash can sometimes do with DEP (hardware memory protection), but I have that turned on too so that shouldn't cause any problems. We're both on Windows 7 SP1 so that should be OK too. Do you have any trouble running any other wallets?

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 09:01:52 PM

I hate anticipation, I didn't realize how impatient I am! Lol!

3 more hours to go!!!!! I can't wait!  Shocked
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 11:24:27 PM

Just over 30 minutes left now Smiley

Hodor_keeper_of_the_light

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:37:09 PM

I don't get it. There are lots of blocks found yesterday at the pools, I can mine for pools but get all rejected. If it hasnt launched yet, why has 1.6k blocks already been found?

MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 11:41:01 PM

The countdown is to the hardfork that switches the coin to Scrypt-N and KGW, not the launch of the coin itself.

MarKusRomanus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:09:07 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 12:32:56 AM by MarKusRomanus

spots.cryptcoins.net  ... we have switched over to Scrypt-N mining.

We got one block with the new Scrypt-N so far so the pool is working.. just have a few miners still submitting the wrong shares.

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 12:32:15 AM

I am pleased to report a smooth fork.  It looks like we will see no major issues at all!  Scrypt-N mining is online and KGW is adjusting the blockchain.  We are quickly going to stabilize at 70 second block targets.

Thank you to the community, especially MrData who did nearly all of the heavy-lifting with programming the fork!  The sky's the limit from here!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: