Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:15:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we abort the 9/19 fork and revisit changes at a later date?
Abort - Keep the coin the same. - 1 (25%)
Go Forward - Fork at midnight GMT on Friday 9/19 - 3 (75%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SPT] - Spots - Cryptsy | Fork 9/19 | Scrypt | Introducing Reward Reduction  (Read 93327 times)
AmericanComputerNerd (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 08:57:54 PM

Hey Everyone -

I've tried a few times to get some ideas or support from the community.  What ideas are out there that would help to make this coin succeed?  What would show the world that Spots is different?  I'm not getting much feedback, really any...

I hate to see this coin start to fizzle out after so much effort went in to the first pass, then again with the relaunch...  But, my intention has never been to take over the agenda of the coin.  The goal was to take the feedback from the community and bring that to life.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is going wrong or how to fix it?  It's not too late, but we are definitely on a downward trend.  I'm not opposed to having someone else "take over" if the community would respond better.

Mike
nixon99

Activity: 637
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:46:49 PM

I like the idea of a multipool, so people like me who invested in antminers or similar can mine SHA/scrypt but get paid in other coins which they feel more connected to.
The whole idea of Spots exchanging for physical gold/silver is unique and compared to most other coins has a future imo, and the way most economies/finances are going a very big one.
I think you really are doing exactly what's needed at the moment. This isn't Doge, this community has its own momentum and involvement but as you yourself said the pickup of the new wallet seemed promising.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 10:51:03 PM

I like the idea of a multipool, so people like me who invested in antminers or similar can mine SHA/scrypt but get paid in other coins which they feel more connected to.
The whole idea of Spots exchanging for physical gold/silver is unique and compared to most other coins has a future imo, and the way most economies/finances are going a very big one.
I think you really are doing exactly what's needed at the moment. This isn't Doge, this community has its own momentum and involvement but as you yourself said the pickup of the new wallet seemed promising.

I agree with you that the "exchange" philosophy behind Spots has a great deal of potential, but we've been running an Amazon gift card and precious metals exchange for almost a month now.  Neither store has made a sale.  What is your honest opinion on why there are no sales?  Is it price point, consumer confidence, or just simply exposure, or something else???

For the multipool...  As mentioned previously, I'm having some challenges in building a full blown SHA multipool...  What are your thoughts on an automated (or semi automated)  BTC / SPT exchange?  For example, you mine on coinsolver.com / wafflepool / whatever using an address provided by the exchange.  When the multipool deposits, the BTC is traded for SPT, the SPT is sent to your SPT address.  I saw a few of the Proof of Stake coins do this.
nixon99

Activity: 637

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:12:03 PM

Because it's only been going for a month I would hazard a guess at the reason for no sales yet would be exposure.  This coin has a USP, unlike the vast majority of cryptos, maybe it's all about getting the word out.

Maybe getting some ideas from goldbugs from the popular exchange forums like kitco might help. However, this coin will also be used by joe bag o donuts who have no real experience of the markets.

Auto or semi automated exchange sounds like a positive move.  I'll support it.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 04:44:32 PM

Thanks to a suggestion from a member of the community in PM.  I'm going to begin doing a weekly raffle drawing for a gram of silver!!!  I'll also be offering 1 oz bars of silver at a more competitive price-point.

The details for both need to be worked out, but expect more on both initiatives soon!

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 04:51:31 AM

July 21, 2013 - The Spots genesis block was launched.

This July Spots will be turning 1 year old!  This is a great achievement and something to be celebrated.

Spots Birthday Month Celebrations:

Every Friday in July, we will hold a drawing for a 1 gram bar of silver.
-- Raffle tickets will be sold for 50 SPT with a winner chosen at random.
-- Please reference the below schedule:

Saturday 6/28 - Friday 7/4 --> Drawing Friday 7/4
  Saturday 7/5 - Friday 7/11 --> Drawing Friday 7/11
  Saturday 7/12 - Friday 7/18 --> Drawing Friday 7/18
  Saturday 7/19 - Friday 7/25 --> Drawing Friday 7/25
  Saturday 7/26 - Friday 8/1 --> Drawing Friday 8/1

* The 50 SPT buy-in is based on current market prices and is subject to change.  Once the first raffle ticket is sold for the week, the price will be locked in for that specific drawing.  At the discretion of AmericanComputerNerd, multiple drawings may occur in a single week based on raffle ticket volume.

Miners, save your Spots!  Traders, buy now while the price is low...  July is going to be a huge month.  These drawings are just the beginning!!!
Last Call

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:56:45 AM

This July Spots will be turning 1 year old!  This is a great achievement and something to be celebrated.

* The 50 SPT buy-in is based on current market prices and is subject to change.  Once the first raffle ticket is sold for the week, the price will be locked in for that specific drawing.  At the discretion of AmericanComputerNerd, multiple drawings may occur in a single week based on raffle ticket volume.

Miners, save your Spots!  Traders, buy now while the price is low...  July is going to be a huge month.  These drawings are just the beginning!!!

Sweet  Shocked  Post the wallet address to send and sign me up for week 1!
Desten

Activity: 357

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:01:16 PM

Where to send 50 spt to enter raffle?
You will post (show at raffle page) how much x50spt's entered ruffle?

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 03:40:08 PM

Where to send 50 spt to enter raffle?
You will post (show at raffle page) how much x50spt's entered ruffle?

I will sell the raffle tickets through CoinPayments.net on http://www.theSPT.com/exchange.  I'll let everyone know when the updated store is brought online (my goal is by Friday evening).

I'm still working out the details, but will be as transparent as possible...  My thought is that everyone will automatically be given a raffle number at checkout, the number of active tickets displayed on the site, and at certain thresholds a second, third, fourth, etc drawing will be added...
nuttynoah

Activity: 229

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:36:50 PM

I like the idea of a raffle and will take part once there is a mac wallet i can use.

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 01:58:24 AM

I like the idea of a raffle and will take part once there is a mac wallet i can use.

I'll put some serious focus on this in the coming days...  I was hoping someone from the community would be able to do this for the bounty, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:07:45 AM

I'll put some serious focus on this in the coming days...  I was hoping someone from the community would be able to do this for the bounty, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

I love to promote cryptos I do it full time would you like me to do a twitter blast and a blog review for the raffle for a few spots? Smiley..I can do a nice blast also my Husband is a certified translator who can get this ANN to a billion peeps? Grin

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 04:21:37 AM

I'll put some serious focus on this in the coming days...  I was hoping someone from the community would be able to do this for the bounty, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  

I love to promote cryptos I do it full time would you like me to do a twitter blast and a blog review for the raffle for a few spots? Smiley..I can do a nice blast also my Husband is a certified translator who can get this ANN to a billion peeps? Grin

It's tempting, but I think I have it under control for now.  The coin wasn't pre-mined and there really isn't a "fund" for bounties and things like this...  I'll reach out if I change my mind.

If anyone in the community wants to fund this, please reach out to qiwoman2 and let us know.

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 09:51:04 PM

Good news, I've been able to virtualize a Mac OS.  Installing dependencies and build environment now...  Hope to have the Mac Wallet up this evening, if all goes well.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 04:40:50 AM

Good news, I've been able to virtualize a Mac OS.  Installing dependencies and build environment now...  Hope to have the Mac Wallet up this evening, if all goes well.

Well, things didn't go exactly how I imagined...  But, I know what needs to be done...  So, the Mac wallet isn't far off...

I virtualized a 64-bit Mac OS with all of the build dependencies, and was getting a bunch of compile errors when I tried to build the QT.  After some research and debugging, it turns out Mac wallets are all compiled on 32 bit machines.  There is a known issue with 64 bit OSX builds, and the work around is to simply compile in the 32 bit environment since it is forward compatible.

I'm in the process of downloading a 32 bit OSX image, then I'll have to rebuild several gigabytes of dependencies...  Basically have to start over...  It'll be out soon though.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 03:00:39 PM

* The 50 SPT buy-in is based on current market prices and is subject to change.  Once the first raffle ticket is sold for the week, the price will be locked in for that specific drawing.  At the discretion of AmericanComputerNerd, multiple drawings may occur in a single week based on raffle ticket volume.

RAFFLE SALES ARE ONLINE NOW!  http://www.theSPT.com/exchange

Click on the CoinPayments.net button below the nerd holding the ticket!  I'll post regular updates on tickets sold here on the forums.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 06:15:19 PM

* The 50 SPT buy-in is based on current market prices and is subject to change.  Once the first raffle ticket is sold for the week, the price will be locked in for that specific drawing.  At the discretion of AmericanComputerNerd, multiple drawings may occur in a single week based on raffle ticket volume.

Click on the CoinPayments.net button below the nerd holding the ticket!  I'll post regular updates on tickets sold here on the forums.

Wow, not sure if the raffle is driving the increase, but we jumped up 50 satoshi's in the last hour or two...  Grab up those under valued Spots quick!

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 06:47:52 PM

Wow, not sure if the raffle is driving the increase, but we jumped up 50 satoshi's in the last hour or two...  Grab up those under valued Spots quick!

I jinxed it, lol...  It looks like the price increase triggered some multipools to hit us and drive our price back down.  Steady demand will fix this, in time.   Smiley

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 08:30:32 PM

Shocked Lol, we're all over the place today.  It is exciting to see the increase in volume on the exchange!

Here is a tip for you to get the best possible price, and help stabilize our trade price a little bit...  Don't buy out the market all at once.  Place a buy order at the highest listed price, or slightly higher, to ensure you're the next order.  That'll save you a few satoshis and help reduce fluctuations and wild swings in trade price.  The only downside is that instead of instant gratification, you have to check back a few times over an hour or two.

As I mentioned above, steady demand and increases in volume will get us further than being + or - 20% with each order.

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 12:57:49 PM

Update for Friday 6/27:

- We have sold 11 raffle tickets so far for this week's drawing!
- It's also worth noting that the increase in demand has caused the trade price to break 500!  We are up 66% in value since yesterday!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: