Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:48:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Did you see the new thread?
Yes https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=875651.0
No

Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SUPERCOIN]First P2p Decentralized Trustless Anonymous Wallet Coming Soon  (Read 473346 times)
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:42:49 PM

Its unfair because Devs are not central bankers.

The developer sets the network. network should be allowed to run its course. If prices drop, devs shouldn't be allowed to cut supply. You might ask yourself why but let me ask you this. If prices were to to rocket to the moon, should the dev be allowed to increase supply?

If your answer is no to increasing supply, then the answer should be no to cutting supply.

It becomes a scam when you tell people "yes there will be 12 million coins over 1 year" then turn around 3 months later and say "just kidding, we are cutting suppy at 3 million". This would force a liquidity squeeze, send the price higher and reward early adopters.  

But that is exactly what you want right? Cut the supply after you have had your fill of coins and artificially pump the price? Sorry man. You argument for cutting supply hold no weight. So what if multipools sell coins at market? They control the hashrate, they earn those coins fair and square. If you want to compete with them, get yourself enough hashrate, mine supercoin and hoard them.

If multipools are mining supercoin and dumping, then clearly the price is too high and liquidity needs to be injected. I welcome multipools because if I am trying to buy big blocks of coins, why should I be forced to pay a higher price? This is were multipools are a godsend. while everyone is hoarding, multipools are liquidity providers. They will sell to me. Amazing.

I can provide more points but this should suffice. Its becoming clear that you only care about the price going higher. the only time PoW or PoS should be cut is when there was a clear error in the development of the coin. Two examples would be CENT and NINJA. Clear coding errors that hyper-inflated and ultimately killed the coins. Supercoin is not suffering from that so I don't see any problems with the way things are right now.

+1

A change in supply parameters (other than % stake, which rewards existing holders proportionately) is the death knell for a coin's potential and trust. Just talking about it is not good, but one single executed change is enough to kill. Any savvy traders will see it as an attempt by early adopters to dump-out.

may i just add DARK COIN and XC coin reduced supply, they doing well aer'nt they

And supercoin is doing well without having to cut PoW. Its becoming clear that guys just want to pump the price by cutting supply. Its a sleazy move. Stop blaming multipools. Did you guys run out btc or pay too much? Is that whg you want to cut PoW?

I timed my purchase and bouht huge chunks of supercoin @ 2000 sat. it can go down or up either way multipools dont affect me.

Supercoin is doing fine. You gusy are trying to convince the dev to pull a scumbag move by acting like a central banker. Unless the dev is allowed to increase supply if the price gets too high, he should never be allowed to cut supply if the price gets low.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:44:14 PM

Tomorrow, at these times maybe 5-6 hours further, we expect to see first SUPER block reward drop (halve). It'll make the multipools disappear from general network about %50. Because profitability will drop in half.

haha no.

price will double, Multipool will control this again.

Trust me, i am running two biggest Multipool in China, this will happen,

best plan is to cut the pow directly, and put the left pow to pos phase.
crypto-dude

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:44:45 PM

DEV

where to check the pow block height?

open the debug.log in conf dir, and search for ">>".

I usually open that file, go to the end, then search ">>" upward, so you see the last one. Now it is
>> nHeight = 75849, nPoWHeight = 18286
tokyoghetto
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:46:17 PM

Is this multipool dump you guys are talking about being automated ? for what amounts does it sell each time then and how often ?
Yes it's automated. If I understand correctly, multipools mine the most profitable altcoins then immediately convert them to BTC then pay them out. I'd say they dump around 10-30k coins at a time, eating up all of the top Buy orders. This artificially deflates the value of the coin because the true value is in it's innovation, something that multipools have no interest in.

wrong. The value of a network is in its current market value, determined by price on an open exchange. Innovation has nothing to do with it.

Its not artificial because open exchanges are driven by supply and demand. If demand is high, multipools mine "the most profitable coin" and match the demand with supply.

Thi is a good thing.

Innovation is do very important.
why darkcoin and XCcoin and Vericoin and voot coin ends their pow or reduce the blockreward to a small number when they realized the Multipool problem......

Its a scam tactic. 90% of the time early adoptors over pay for their coins. So they cry and complain about multipools because they want their coins to be back the levels they purchased them at.

Don't blame multipools for prices dropping. Blame rookie investors for paying too much.

Also, alot of devs will release coins knowing that in the future they can blame multipools and lower PoW rewards. It allows them to instamine a huge percentage of the coins in existance, then pump the value of the coin by cutting the reward.

DRK is guilty of this and they will never live down that fact. Cutting PoW reward to pump a coins price is a scam designed to reward early adopters. I will not continue to repeat myself I thinn I am very clear on that fact and that others will agree.  

do you know XC coin suffered a 51% attack when Multipool control the most hash rate?

that's the real reason they cut the pow block and turn to a pure pos coin, but the total coin amount keep unchanged, so it's fair to everyone.

plenty of coins have been 51% attacked and have never had to lower their block rewards. XC just used that as an excuse to pull the reward reduction scam.
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:48:14 PM

Its unfair because Devs are not central bankers.

The developer sets the network. network should be allowed to run its course. If prices drop, devs shouldn't be allowed to cut supply. You might ask yourself why but let me ask you this. If prices were to to rocket to the moon, should the dev be allowed to increase supply?

If your answer is no to increasing supply, then the answer should be no to cutting supply.

It becomes a scam when you tell people "yes there will be 12 million coins over 1 year" then turn around 3 months later and say "just kidding, we are cutting suppy at 3 million". This would force a liquidity squeeze, send the price higher and reward early adopters.  

But that is exactly what you want right? Cut the supply after you have had your fill of coins and artificially pump the price? Sorry man. You argument for cutting supply hold no weight. So what if multipools sell coins at market? They control the hashrate, they earn those coins fair and square. If you want to compete with them, get yourself enough hashrate, mine supercoin and hoard them.

If multipools are mining supercoin and dumping, then clearly the price is too high and liquidity needs to be injected. I welcome multipools because if I am trying to buy big blocks of coins, why should I be forced to pay a higher price? This is were multipools are a godsend. while everyone is hoarding, multipools are liquidity providers. They will sell to me. Amazing.

I can provide more points but this should suffice. Its becoming clear that you only care about the price going higher. the only time PoW or PoS should be cut is when there was a clear error in the development of the coin. Two examples would be CENT and NINJA. Clear coding errors that hyper-inflated and ultimately killed the coins. Supercoin is not suffering from that so I don't see any problems with the way things are right now.

+1

A change in supply parameters (other than % stake, which rewards existing holders proportionately) is the death knell for a coin's potential and trust. Just talking about it is not good, but one single executed change is enough to kill. Any savvy traders will see it as an attempt by early adopters to dump-out.

may i just add DARK COIN and XC coin reduced supply, they doing well aer'nt they

And supercoin is doing well without having to cut PoW. Its becoming clear that guys just want to pump the price by cutting supply. Its a sleazy move. Stop blaming multipools. Did you guys run out btc or pay too much? Is that whg you want to cut PoW?

I timed my purchase and bouht huge chunks of supercoin @ 2000 sat. it can go down or up either way multipools dont affect me.

Supercoin is doing fine. You gusy are trying to convince the dev to pull a scumbag move by acting like a central banker. Unless the dev is allowed to increase supply if the price gets too high, he should never be allowed to cut supply if the price gets low.

Cut pow and turn to a pure pos coin(put the left pow coin to pos phase), but keep the total coin amount same as promised.
it's fair to everyone.
only unfair to Multipool, because they can not dump supercoin anymore.
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:51:06 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 06:01:13 PM by provenceday

Is this multipool dump you guys are talking about being automated ? for what amounts does it sell each time then and how often ?
Yes it's automated. If I understand correctly, multipools mine the most profitable altcoins then immediately convert them to BTC then pay them out. I'd say they dump around 10-30k coins at a time, eating up all of the top Buy orders. This artificially deflates the value of the coin because the true value is in it's innovation, something that multipools have no interest in.

wrong. The value of a network is in its current market value, determined by price on an open exchange. Innovation has nothing to do with it.

Its not artificial because open exchanges are driven by supply and demand. If demand is high, multipools mine "the most profitable coin" and match the demand with supply.

Thi is a good thing.

why darkcoin and XCcoin and Vericoin and voot coin ends their pow or reduce the blockreward to a small number when they realized the Multipool problem......

Its a scam tactic. 90% of the time early adoptors over pay for their coins. So they cry and complain about multipools because they want their coins to be back the levels they purchased them at.

Don't blame multipools for prices dropping. Blame rookie investors for paying too much.

Also, alot of devs will release coins knowing that in the future they can blame multipools and lower PoW rewards. It allows them to instamine a huge percentage of the coins in existance, then pump the value of the coin by cutting the reward.

DRK is guilty of this and they will never live down that fact. Cutting PoW reward to pump a coins price is a scam designed to reward early adopters. I will not continue to repeat myself I thinn I am very clear on that fact and that others will agree.  

do you know XC coin suffered a 51% attack when Multipool control the most hash rate?

that's the real reason they cut the pow block and turn to a pure pos coin, but the total coin amount keep unchanged, so it's fair to everyone.

plenty of coins have been 51% attacked and have never had to lower their block rewards. XC just used that as an excuse to pull the reward reduction scam.

why that's a scam?  you can still generate new coin through pos by have some XC even if pow been cut. it's more greener than meaningless mining.  that's not scam.
otherwise, Multipool may have ruined XC coin now........they do have a fork at first.
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:53:01 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 06:07:25 PM by provenceday

Thi is a good thing.

do you think if we keep the coin reward is 512 block reward in the next 3 month, the price will go up?
check the richlist you will find supercoin is the most fair distributed coin compared with darkcoin and XC coin.
also pos is a better way to distribute coin than meaningless mining

but pos rate too high is not vey good thing,

first it's a big inflation for supercoin and that's lead the price is not sustainable for long time.
second, most people put their coin in exchange platform, it seems bittrex has about 3 million coin in their Wallet, they can generated many free coin everyday...
tokyoghetto
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:11:24 PM

Richlist means nothing. A person can just split up their 1 million coin stash into 10 different address. Look a few pages back at supercoinwhale. He has over 700k coins but you would.never know unless he told you. I did the same thing with blackcoin. I split up my stash and I was top 100 but I never showed up on the list.

Secondly, most exchanges dont PoS mine with client deposits. If they staked and there was a bank run, no one would be able to withdrawal because the coins used to stake would not be available. Thats bad for business.
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:13:15 PM

DEV

where to check the pow block height?

open the debug.log in conf dir, and search for ">>".

I usually open that file, go to the end, then search ">>" upward, so you see the last one. Now it is
>> nHeight = 75849, nPoWHeight = 18286

Thanks
 Grin
supercointeam (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:16:58 PM

Let's vote https://www.mintpal.com/voting#SUPER
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:17:45 PM

Richlist means nothing. A person can just split up their 1 million coin stash into 10 different address. Look a few pages back at supercoinwhale. He has over 700k coins but you would.never know unless he told you. I did the same thing with blackcoin. I split up my stash and I was top 100 but I never showed up on the list.

Secondly, most exchanges dont PoS mine with client deposits. If they staked and there was a bank run, no one would be able to withdrawal because the coins used to stake would not be available. Thats bad for business.

i agree with you.

that big whale buy most his supercoin at price 6k satoshi.
hope exchange platform do not stake, but no one know that.

they can still leave 2 million coin for stake. it's free coin.

what i want to say is we can turn the left pow coin to pos phase.

but maybe we should wait for Tomorrow's first halves....

supercointeam (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:20:42 PM

i agree with you.

Yes lets keep watching things how goes.
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:23:01 PM

i agree with you.

Grin let's watch this.
when needed, we can still make a change.
zuyfg888

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:31:55 PM

I believe super deserve much higher rank in this list
https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Let's keep voting.
https://www.mintpal.com/voting#SUPER

Starts slows grow fast.
I don't think we need to vote, when we focus on technology, get more recognition.
MintPal directly add Supercoin. Grin
Please dev look it.
supercointeam (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:35:30 PM

Supercoin Version 1.2 a mandatory upgrade,
Users, mining pools and exchanges... please upgrade as soon as possible

Download V.1.2: http://www.super-coin.net/SuperCoin12.zip
Download2 V.1.2: https://mega.co.nz/#!EoJAURQZ!Mn-vb1gXBNbdAQzYsqUKIcjq8PXGRsRu15_-L0riQFo

Mac download 1.2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifkn9y2rnfeppep/SuperCoin-Qt-MacOSX-v1.2.zip

updated source: https://github.com/supercoinproject/supercoin
supercointeam (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:41:05 PM

Let's keep voting.

Starts slows grow fast.
I don't think we need to vote, when we focus on technology, get more recognition.
Please dev look it.

We need some more votes until our technology fully released. Better we get more votes.
zuyfg888

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:45:42 PM

Let's keep voting.

Starts slows grow fast.
Please dev look it.

We need some more votes.

I think will never be added to the Mintpal by vote, we should rely on new technology and popularity.
Look XC, VRC, CRYPT, we should be more focused on technology, innovation and marketing.
Please!!! Cool
Krushang

Activity: 616
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 06:48:21 PM

I am still mining it even though at received any coins in the wallet yet Smiley

I do like super coin Smiley

do you just can not syn to the supercoin network?

which system in your computer?

windows or apple mac os?

It's a Mac OS X , version 10.9.3still can't find where to add the node??

So frustrating that I still can't sync my wallet

do you have a Supercoin.conf?

if you do not have one, just paster the conf in a text and save it as supercoin.conf

and put this supercoin.conf to the folder where has the Wallet.dat

and open the Wallet again, it will be ok.

you need a supercoin.conf to syn the Wallet.

Hi I give up. Macs are so annoying trying to find the file is hard enough then on windows, how do I transfer the coins sent to that unsynced wallet to another address??? I've changed the mining address to my windows wallet now,

Thanks a lot for your help

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
supercointeam (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:54:46 PM

i agree with you.

Grin let's watch this.
when needed, we can still make a change.

Let's first make sure the first halve will work correctly, after the halve, the multipool dump issue will be less, if it is still a problem, we will find ways to address it as you know we are listening to community's needs.
supercointeam (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:55:56 PM

I am still mining it even though at received any coins in the wallet yet Smiley

I do like super coin Smiley

do you just can not syn to the supercoin network?

which system in your computer?

windows or apple mac os?

It's a Mac OS X , version 10.9.3still can't find where to add the node??

So frustrating that I still can't sync my wallet

do you have a Supercoin.conf?

if you do not have one, just paster the conf in a text and save it as supercoin.conf

and put this supercoin.conf to the folder where has the Wallet.dat

and open the Wallet again, it will be ok.

you need a supercoin.conf to syn the Wallet.

Hi I give up. Macs are so annoying trying to find the file is hard enough then on windows, how do I transfer the coins sent to that unsynced wallet to another address??? I've changed the mining address to my windows wallet now,

Thanks a lot for your help
I will ask from our mac developer to help you.
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: