Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:36:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAC] TalkCoin  (Read 266696 times)
MineP.it

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:53:44 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 11:12:02 AM by MineP.it

Hash is picking up again fast. Don't think it's been this high for a few weeks.

Good signs Smiley

We'll be sticking with this coin and will be updating to the new wallet as soon as it's released.

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Afridon

Activity: 133

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:55:20 AM

The dev are working so hard but somebody till dump their coins.weird.
k-meister

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:32:03 AM

Thanks for the update, its great to see the coin being taken over and looked after and I’m sure everyone appreciates your effort.

But I don’t get why the block reward is being left at the current value for another 11.5 months!?? The inflation at the current level is clearly way too much. 
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:43:52 AM

Thanks for the update, its great to see the coin being taken over and looked after and I’m sure everyone appreciates your effort.

But I don’t get why the block reward is being left at the current value for another 11.5 months!?? The inflation at the current level is clearly way too much. 

We don't want to see that the new investors come, say that we instamine this coin for 3 months and now reduce to block reward to make advantage for us. That's why we keep the current value of block reward through voting (15.37 TAC) and halving it after 1.5M blocks. So new investors could still have the same advantage to join in.

Regards,

Aizen
axxo

Activity: 916
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:20:25 PM

The dev are working so hard but somebody till dump their coins.weird.

Probably miners were responsible dumping their coins to compensate with the electricity cost.

▄░░▄█▄░░▄
▄▄█░░▄█▀█▄░░█▄▄
▄▄▄█▀▀░░░█▀░░░▀█░░░▀▀█▄▄▄
██▀░░░░░▄█▀░░░░▀█▄░░░░░▀██
██░░░░░▄█░░▄███▄░░█▄░░░░░██
██░░░░██░░▄█▀░▀█▄░░██░░░░██
██░░▄█▀░▄█▀░▄█▄░▀█▄░▀█▄░░██
██░██░░▄█▀░▄███▄░▀█▄░░██░██
███▀░░▄█░░▄█████▄░░█▄░░▀███
██▀░▄█▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█▄░▀██
▀█▀░░▄█████████▄░░▀█▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▀██
██▌░██
▐██░░██
██▌░░██
███████
▀▀░░░▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀██▀▀
██
██
██
▄▄██▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░██
▀██████
██▀██
██▀░██
▀▀▀░░▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
███░███
███████
██▀█▀██
██░░░██
██░░░██
▀▀░░░▀▀

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
██████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀███████
██████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄██████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄███████████

████████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
███████████████████▀▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░▄░░▐███████
███████▀▀▀░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░████████
█████▄▄▄░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░▐████████
█████████▌▐▀░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████▄░▄█▄▄░░░▐█████████

██████████████████▄██████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
qtgwith

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:22:28 PM

watch this one.
Judaz49

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:30:29 PM

We don't want to see that the new investors come, say that we instamine this coin for 3 months and now reduce to block reward to make advantage for us. That's why we keep the current value of block reward through voting (15.37 TAC) and halving it after 1.5M blocks. So new investors could still have the same advantage to join in.

Regards,

Aizen

Investors care about the profit they are gonna make with the coin. If you dont take initiative to reduce the inflation, prices unlikely to climb higher.
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:46:13 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 01:00:22 PM by Ignition75

Regards,

Aizen

Investors care about the profit they are gonna make with the coin. If you dont take initiative to reduce the inflation, prices unlikely to climb higher.

Now that we have control over the supply, it's something we can definitely look into.  We've seen inflation kill many coins and we don't want this for TAC.

With the proposed supply curve, if we were at 10k sat, inflation would be 6 BTC a day roughly.  Once we get established and chat will be used more, we didn't think this would be a problem...

What would be your recommendation?   We are open to all ideas and welcome healthy discussion about this.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
lxru9999

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:49:12 PM

Regards,

Aizen

Now that we have control over the supply, it's something we can definitely look into.  We've seen inflation kill many coins and we don't want this for TAC.

With the proposed supply curve, if we were at 10k sat, inflation would be 6 BTC a day roughly.  Once we get established and chat will be used more, we didn't think this would be a problem...

What would be your recommendation?   We are open to all ideas and welcome healthy discussion about this.

tac main function is to chat, but the number of people using the TAC chat wallet has been declining. Marketing efforts is not enough, why .....? We have right tac lost a lot of confidence, because the price has not been a large rise, there is no substantial profits, focus on fewer and fewer people involved fewer people.
AizenSou

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:55:08 PM

Regards,

Aizen

tac main function is to chat, but the number of people using the TAC chat wallet has been declining. Marketing efforts is not enough, why .....? We have right tac lost a lot of confidence, because the price has not been a large rise, there is no substantial profits, focus on fewer and fewer people involved fewer people.

We have hired a PR manager. He's on vacation now and comes back on Monday. We are all agreed that the marketing work will start very soon together with the new rebranding of the coin. We will focus more on the core features of Talkcoin with respecting Talkcoin users wishes.
Judaz49

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:24:44 PM

Regards,

Aizen

i have already suggested to remove voting system, make block reward 5 TAC per block and never change back.
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:00:46 PM

Regards,

Aizen

i have already suggested to remove voting system, make block reward 5 TAC per block and never change back.

As have many people.  Is there a reason why you would like 5 block reward?

Judaz49

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:06:18 PM

Regards,

Aizen

Seems reasonable imo, for ex Darkcoin had 5 DRK reward @max difficulty and it was fine.TAC has much faster block time and already ~9M coins minted,so a lower block reward could work too.
AizenSou

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:24:13 PM

Regards,

Aizen

Seems reasonable imo, for ex Darkcoin had 5 DRK reward @max difficulty and it was fine.TAC has much faster block time and already ~9M coins minted,so a lower block reward could work too.

Believe me, as one of the first investors of the coin I would even prefer 1TAC block reward :p
But it would be unfair for new investors don't you think ? Btw the problem with block reward could be solved if the community agree to this, we are actually very open to discussion.
ilovecudacompute

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:13:15 PM

This is really exciting news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crz rocks so is djm
Good to hear about a coin with trustworthy people who have proved their value
Judaz49

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:21:38 PM

Believe me, as one of the first investors of the coin I would even prefer 1TAC block reward :p
But it would be unfair for new investors don't you think ? Btw the problem with block reward could be solved if the community agree to this, we are actually very open to discussion.

It won't be unfair imo.Price is already too cheap atm.Most of old investors already dumped their coins.As i stated everybody wants the rise of the price, if lowering block reward could help it out i see no reason not to do it.
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:25:33 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 05:10:57 AM by Ignition75

It won't be unfair imo.Price is already too cheap atm.Most of old investors already dumped their coins.As i stated everybody wants the rise of the price, if lowering block reward could help it out i see no reason not to do it.

We have a meeting in the next few days to discuss inflation, before the supply curve implementation is finalised.

Thanks for your feedback, we will definitely take it into consideration.

k-meister

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:51:22 AM

I don't see why a small block reward would be unfair to new investors? I think it's exactly the opposite way around, it would attract new ones. I've been a full-time professional coin investor for almost a year and I can say that investors want the lowest inflation possible in a coin (any investor will prefer POS with 0%) because it means there's not a constant downward pressure on the market, and it means their investment is not devaluing constantly. That is why POS has become the standard now.
As an example, after hearing about the planned inflation curve I have stopped buying new talkcoins.  I may not be a new investor but if an old investor doesn't want to buy any more why would a new one want to?
k-meister

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:12:16 AM

To get more than 6 btc a day coming in after taking off money going out, is just so massively over optimistic unless a coin is really well established, which is definitely not the case with talkcoin. We get a total volume of less than 1 btc a day on normal days and basically 0 of that is coming in as investment (over what is going out), that can be seen by the fact the prices have fallen for a long time.
The reason for the lack of interest is quite simply the inflation, if you want an investor interested you can't say he will lose 20% of his investment every month, vs most coins where there is 0% inflation.
k-meister

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:21:59 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 07:41:05 AM by k-meister

I don't really see people thinking that, I think you're worrying about being defensive about something which isn't a big issue anyway. There was our pet troll but he was just trolling. The rest of the community haven't been complaining about it, and those people (including me) are going to feel pretty disillusioned after hoping that the inflation would be brought under control.
By the time the block reward halves our investment will be worth about a quarter of what it is now (in percentage terms) and a year is so far into the future in crypto terms that it might as well be forever. I doubt you'd find a single person who invests on the basis that the inlation will decrease by 50% in a year's time. Who would tie their money up for that long while it devalues so much every month.
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: