Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:31:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAC] TalkCoin  (Read 266700 times)
coolmyrig

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:39:53 PM

We are about to start testing the new code on testnet, soon we will be free of the dishonest code.

you guys should listen to the members of the community!

We are, we made decisions based on the best interests of everybody, present and future.

Once we start marketing the demand will go up and the inflation will not be much for the coin.
20% per month is too high for sure,5% interests per year will be ok.and total amount of the coin should be 210 m likes the Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xwebnetwork

Activity: 684
Merit: 500

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 02:35:57 PM

@CRZ

Love it. Great work my friend. Keep it up!

Validity.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Validity SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
nonocoin

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:23:52 AM

We are about to start testing the new code on testnet, soon we will be free of the dishonest code.

you guys should listen to the members of the community!

We are, we made decisions based on the best interests of everybody, present and future.

Once we start marketing the demand will go up and the inflation will not be much for the coin.
20% per month is too high for sure,5% interests per year will be ok.and total amount of the coin should be 210 m likes the Bitcoin.
20% per month?  are you kidding?

███ ███ ███    WMCoin ▮▮▮▮▮   - Real Games Accepted - High Rewards Signature Campaign
                                <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ >>   ███ ███ ███
k-meister

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:41:53 AM

Open letter

To: Whoever is making the decisions for talkcoin
CC: The rest of the talkcoin team.
BCC: The rest of the talkcoin community.

My name is Ko^lin Bur^ges (sic), I'm known for representing the bitcoin community against MtGox and for representing bitcoin in the media.
I'm a holder of talkcoin, I'm writing this because I'm concerned about what's going on here, both with the details of the takeover plan and the way it's looking more and more like a hostile move.
I have been speaking with other talkcoin holders about this and right now I am writing this on behalf of the owners of over 25% of all talkcoins in circulation. [If you're a coinholder and I haven't spoken to you yet, please see the end of this letter.]

It's not ok to wait until 6 days before the plan to fork to your inflation strategy before telling anyone about it, then to try to force it through even though the community clearly has major problems with it. You haven't managed to answer anyone's concerns, all we're getting is more and more rhetoric from the talkcoin team and this is worrying. I have made several important points and questions and none have had any serious answer.

The plan for inflation goes against all common sense and is going to be disastrous for talkcoin. Inflation at 21.6% of the current market cap per month will keep the value very low and will scare away any potential new investors. And at the same time the existing coin holders will lose most of the value of their holdings. Miners will stop mining when they realise they can't sell their coins any more, and I'm not sure we're so far from that point right now.

I can't figure out why you would even want to do this? And you haven't come up with examples of other modern-day coins which run on such a massive long term inflation model and survive. We have already tried it and it failed miserably. You say you've looked into the economics of it but for some reason you won't share with us what they are.
Some people are saying your motive could be to mine huge amounts of talkcoin for yourself/selves while it's worthless, so low mining competition, and then try to revive the price later. I don't believe this is the case, but your refusal to listen to reason is just going to fuel thoughts like these.

You'll be chasing away not only the current talkcoin holders but current and future potential investors. Take a look at what's going on on bittrex. As I type this there's a steady slope down from 1440 before your announcement to around 550 now, and a volume that has fizzled down to 0.18 bitcoins. Soon it could go below the 0.1 bitcoin volume which is necessary to remain on bittrex. Nobody has any confidence in this plan. I bet the only reason a lot of people are not cashing out their holdings right now at rock bottom price is that they can't - there are virtually no buyers left to cash out to! We have reached almost total collapse.
Please don't say that's down to marketing. Marketing doesn't explain the drop since last week. Marketing is bad but we don't live in an information vacuum and there are investors who have been watching this coin. There are also current holders such as myself who would buy more if the future looked promising. But as you can see, nobody's touching it with a bargepole. By the looks of the volume, not even yourselves!

If your plan is to be biased towards miners, this is deeply flawed and you're not doing the miners any favours. Giving miners a large fraction of a worthless coin is less rewarding than giving them a more reasonable fraction of a coin which has value and potential.
If your aim was to stock up on some cheap/easy talkcoin for a while and then hope it will pick up some value in May 2015 after the halving, or May 2016 after two halvings, it's simply not going to happen because we'll be competing against a new, advanced generation of coin technology. 9 months is an epoch away in crypto terms and for one thing we've got etherium looming on the horizon which will turn the altcoin industry on its head. Unless talkcoin has an already established market by then, it won't survive.

To be clear, we're not criticising your work on talkcoin. The large amount of inflation and the voting system were built into the coin before you came along and that's what brought it to its knees originally. We really appreciate the team's work and what you've been doing to try to fix up talkcoin.

But we have to do something about the disastrous inflation plan because our investments are at critical risk.

We would like to see the reasonable figure of 5 tac per block, which still comes to a whopping 650,000 TAC per month or 7.2% of the current market cap. This is still very high inflation compared to other coins, and personally if I had my way I would not have this many. But the boost this will allow to happen to the value compared to the current situation, as well as the extra stability, will give a much more palatable package to miners, potential investors, and current holders.

If you go ahead and try to force us down this path, we will not recognise you as the official developer and we'll do what we have to to get control of our coin. I've committed to heading up a new team if it's necessary. Please don't let things go this far!
I hope we can all work together. I want to see you guys running the coin and I hope I will be able to support you in this and help out if I can, but it absolutely has to be in the clear interests of the coin.

Kolin

*** If you're a coinholder and you agree with our aim to stop the crazy inflation, but I haven't spoken to you yet, please help us by sending me a personal message on bitcointalk to indicate your support. ***
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:26:43 PM

Trying to introduce scarcity by heavily reducing the block reward will not do any favours long term. Outside this will be seen as an act of greed and unfair to new investors after the block reduction, it would in no doubt give advantage to those who got in before the block reward reduction. All that would do is scare investors away long term.

The plan put forward is a sane one and will see a reduction in coin supply over the long term by sticking to the more conventional inflation model put forward by Bitcoin. A reward halving at 1.5m blocks is within the first year. Artificially trying to reduce the coin supply outside of a well thought inflation model will only see a short term benefit if that. Those who are interested in the long term survival of Talkcoin will appreciate the plan put forward by the Talkcoin team which is made up of the most prominent members of Talkcoin. There are no better people to look after Talkcoin's well being and those who have been following Talkcoin will be very familiar with them.

I believe that the changes happening now are Talkcoin's best chances of longevity.

Hodor_keeper_of_the_light

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:44:11 PM

Open letter

My name is Ko^lin Bur^ges (sic), I'm known for representing the bitcoin community against MtGox and for representing bitcoin in the media.
I'm a holder of talkcoin, I'm writing this because I'm concerned about what's going on here, both with the details of the takeover plan and the way it's looking more and more like a hostile move.
I have been speaking with other talkcoin holders about this and right now I am writing this on behalf of the owners of over 25% of all talkcoins in circulation. [If you're a coinholder and I haven't spoken to you yet, please see the end of this letter.]

It's not ok to wait until 6 days before the plan to fork to your inflation strategy before telling anyone about it, then to try to force it through even though the community clearly has major problems with it. You haven't managed to answer anyone's concerns, all we're getting is more and more rhetoric from the talkcoin team and this is worrying. I have made several important points and questions and none have had any serious answer.

The plan for inflation goes against all common sense and is going to be disastrous for talkcoin. Inflation at 21.6% of the current market cap per month will keep the value very low and will scare away any potential new investors. And at the same time the existing coin holders will lose most of the value of their holdings. Miners will stop mining when they realise they can't sell their coins any more, and I'm not sure we're so far from that point right now.

I can't figure out why you would even want to do this? And you haven't come up with examples of other modern-day coins which run on such a massive long term inflation model and survive. We have already tried it and it failed miserably. You say you've looked into the economics of it but for some reason you won't share with us what they are.
Some people are saying your motive could be to mine huge amounts of talkcoin for yourself/selves while it's worthless, so low mining competition, and then try to revive the price later. I don't believe this is the case, but your refusal to listen to reason is just going to fuel thoughts like these.

You'll be chasing away not only the current talkcoin holders but current and future potential investors. Take a look at what's going on on bittrex. As I type this there's a steady slope down from 1440 before your announcement to around 550 now, and a volume that has fizzled down to 0.18 bitcoins. Soon it could go below the 0.1 bitcoin volume which is necessary to remain on bittrex. Nobody has any confidence in this plan. I bet the only reason a lot of people are not cashing out their holdings right now at rock bottom price is that they can't - there are virtually no buyers left to cash out to! We have reached almost total collapse.
Please don't say that's down to marketing. Marketing doesn't explain the drop since last week. Marketing is bad but we don't live in an information vacuum and there are investors who have been watching this coin. There are also current holders such as myself who would buy more if the future looked promising. But as you can see, nobody's touching it with a bargepole. By the looks of the volume, not even yourselves!

If your plan is to be biased towards miners, this is deeply flawed and you're not doing the miners any favours. Giving miners a large fraction of a worthless coin is less rewarding than giving them a more reasonable fraction of a coin which has value and potential.
If your aim was to stock up on some cheap/easy talkcoin for a while and then hope it will pick up some value in May 2015 after the halving, or May 2016 after two halvings, it's simply not going to happen because we'll be competing against a new, advanced generation of coin technology. 9 months is an epoch away in crypto terms and for one thing we've got etherium looming on the horizon which will turn the altcoin industry on its head. Unless talkcoin has an already established market by then, it won't survive.

To be clear, we're not criticising your work on talkcoin. The large amount of inflation and the voting system were built into the coin before you came along and that's what brought it to its knees originally. We really appreciate the team's work and what you've been doing to try to fix up talkcoin.

But we have to do something about the disastrous inflation plan because our investments are at critical risk.

We would like to see the reasonable figure of 5 tac per block, which still comes to a whopping 650,000 TAC per month or 7.2% of the current market cap. This is still very high inflation compared to other coins, and personally if I had my way I would not have this many. But the boost this will allow to happen to the value compared to the current situation, as well as the extra stability, will give a much more palatable package to miners, potential investors, and current holders.

If you go ahead and try to force us down this path, we will not recognise you as the official developer and we'll do what we have to to get control of our coin. I've committed to heading up a new team if it's necessary. Please don't let things go this far!
I hope we can all work together. I want to see you guys running the coin and I hope I will be able to support you in this and help out if I can, but it absolutely has to be in the clear interests of the coin.

Kolin

*** If you're a coinholder and you agree with our aim to stop the crazy inflation, but I haven't spoken to you yet, please help us by sending me a personal message on bitcointalk to indicate your support. ***

I consider this a good idea.

Trying to introduce scarcity by heavily reducing the block reward will not do any favours long term. Outside this will be seen as an act of greed and unfair to new investors after the block reduction, it would in no doubt give advantage to those who got in before the block reward reduction. All that would do is scare investors away long term.

The plan put forward is a sane one and will see a reduction in coin supply over the long term by sticking to the more conventional inflation model put forward by Bitcoin. A reward halving at 1.5m blocks is within the first year. Artificially trying to reduce the coin supply outside of a well thought inflation model will only see a short term benefit if that. Those who are interested in the long term survival of Talkcoin will appreciate the plan put forward by the Talkcoin team which is made up of the most prominent members of Talkcoin. There are no better people to look after Talkcoin's well being and those who have been following Talkcoin will be very familiar with them.

I believe that the changes happening now are Talkcoin's best chances of longevity.

Actually, it won't benefit shortterm, that has been proven by the past experience, when community made low block reward it didn't influence price in shortterm, price has even dropped shortterm. But I believe it will benefit longterm, and it will be fair to early investors who hold like over100k TAC, like me. I haven't sold at 10k sat, and now you want to reduce holder's value by 20% per month.

Also, I believe it is more important to find a way to create demand, games around block reward isn't that important and might have even bad consequences(look past of TAC). Since this coin has no nearby PoW limit, price won't increase without some strong miners support and demand, so it's up to PR, marketing, investing, adding unique features and etc.

Also, setting up high block reward won't attract miners any more, like it was in the Boom time of TAC. I think so.

Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:30:47 PM

Thanks Kolin Burges for the letter.
We're sorry that we don't have time to announce our progresses concerning the new hardfork. I have notified all our team members about your letter and we will try our best to have a meeting to discuss this matter again.
What do you think about of a poll for the community to decide the specs ?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Aizen

Anyone is free to make a poll and take a proposal to the TAC team, however we are on the eve of a big change and we've already met as a team to discuss the supply curve.  We feel the solution we have proposed is the best decision for the coin long term and it will not change.

I do not make the decisions myself but I'm happy to communicate the sentiments of the managing members.

If you are a large bagholder looking to dump, PM me, I am bulk buying.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
karimdr2

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:30:36 PM

Open letter

Can you tell us, please ,who these other talkcoin holders or how many they are ?

★ BitNet ★ New Darknet, better than TOR ! FREE VPN ! Free Distribution 14,000,000 VPNCOIN!!! Vg7NuuuJt2snso5N1EMPyPwSTHb2ByiHRo
BTC: 1Gu3KYr3HV1TGJmqgSXXQbGxxdLzTEAN6o
Judaz49

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:31:55 PM

Open letter

Kolin

completely agree, 5 TAC/block suits best for the moment.
nicemycoin

Activity: 599
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 02:33:48 PM

Open letter

Kolin

Great job...looking forward to it.
lxru9999

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:29:49 PM

Open letter

Can you tell us, please ,who these other talkcoin holders or how many they are ?
If the new team to really be able to accept your views, then you should see how many people want the total TAC can be controlled within 21 million. Now there are about 9 million, we do not want the expansion in 20%. We can accept every block 5TAC better.
coolmyrig

Activity: 323

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:12:52 PM

Open letter

Kolin

Great ,I will support you if they refused to change the idea.
lxru9999

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:24:49 PM

Open letter

Kolin

Great ,I will support you if they refused to change the idea.
If you support it, please reply here 
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 05:04:18 PM

Open letter

If the new team to really be able to accept your views, then you should see how many people want the total TAC can be controlled within 21 million. Now there are about 9 million, we do not want the expansion in 20%. We can accept every block 5TAC better.
Are you mining the coin right now ? Are you planning to mine it ? How much hashing power will you put on it to support the network (now, tomorrow in a week, in a month later on ?)
How much TAC will you still have in 2 weeks after the take over (assuming the coin peak ?).
That's the question you should answer.

The plan I see in the open letter isn't a plan for a takeover but rather a plan for a pump within two weeks so that some big bagholders can dump most of their coins. (on penny stock this is still called a fraud but hey, this is the far west we all know it... ) If there is no miner, and honestly I don't see why anybody would mine for mostly no profit just to satisfy the greed of a bunch of bagholder, there is no coin. So no matter how large your bag is, it is worthless.

So I understand we all want to make profit but this cannot be done with excluding anybody, miner should find an interest in mining it, bagholder too.
Your plan favors only early adopters but completely ignore any newcomers and the miner who will keep the network alive.

Some people made already that mistake with the low reward voting, such that everyone wanted to get rid of the voting and the price went down when the reward decreased because it just looked as what it was: market manipulation...
Repeating the same mistake again with no other reason that you have a large bag of tac won't satisfy anybody and even not you because nobody will buy as it will just look like some market manipulation again

I would feel personally very uncomfortable mining (and quite frankly I would not mine it...) a coin with low reward for mostly nothing except keeping the network alive until early adopter feel like dumping.

Here the plan we proposed give some incentive to the miners, I don't think we forget either early adopters unless they want to get away within a week (but in that case, you can't consider yourself as a supporter of the coin or even as an investor for that matter... ).
The inflation is now limited, however we want to develop the coin over the long term and not for the next month, this is why we choose that plan.

And don't forget if you want to takeover the takeover (even if it is the most stupid idea ever...  Grin) that your takeover will fail if you exclude a fraction or another.

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
karimdr2

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:33:20 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 05:49:17 PM by karimdr2

Open letter

Strangely this guy who claiming to be the representative of the Bitocoin community against MtGox has no publication about Bitcoin or MtGox!
The summary of its historic:
- Some Talkcoin post since August 13!
- KiwiCoin
- VootCoin
- Harmonycoin
- BlackCatCoin
- Some other shitcoins

Btw I'm Satoshi Nakamato, can you please confirm your identity?

★ BitNet ★ New Darknet, better than TOR ! FREE VPN ! Free Distribution 14,000,000 VPNCOIN!!! Vg7NuuuJt2snso5N1EMPyPwSTHb2ByiHRo
BTC: 1Gu3KYr3HV1TGJmqgSXXQbGxxdLzTEAN6o
TalkTeam (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 07:05:31 PM

Open letter

Kolin

K-meister,

My team mates dealt with your points already and I support them 100%. 

It's natural for some investors in this situation to think if they can chop off supply and get rich quick.  The problem is new investors and miners aren't that stupid.  Stupid meaning mental capacity of a moldy potato.

Anyway, playtime is over.  Please let the grown-ups continue busting a nut all day trying to rejuvenate this coin with a realistic long term plan to rebuild all our investments through delivering value and a secure, decentralized and anonymous communication service people are going to want to use. 

Please let me know how your takover goes.

cheers

Andy

TalkCoin | First Anonymous Chat | First NIST5 Algo
Judaz49

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:14:49 PM

Why would anyone would invest in a coin where there is 20% inflation every month? And as we have seen so far inflation caused collapse of the prices and that dumper Dev as well.Now you come and say you will keep same inflation, myself as an investor i stopped buying TAC only bcos of this and as you can see people here complaining i'm not alone.This is that simple.
TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 07:17:12 PM

Why would anyone would invest in a coin where there is 20% inflation every month? And as we have seen so far inflation caused collapse of the prices and that dumper Dev as well.Now you come and say you will keep same inflation, myself as an investor i stopped buying TAC only bcos of this and as you can see people here complaining i'm not alone.This is that simple.

you use the word 'inflation' as if its bad - it's just increasing the supply.  If you don't do that, there won't be any coins.  We had this 'inflation' since the start (even more) and that got us to > $500k market cap before the issue of 'infinite supply' took hold and dumped the price same as HVC.  Now we are removing the infinite supply and setting 'inflation' to nearly half what is was 3 months ago so what's your point?

dav1199

Activity: 207

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:58:25 PM

you use the word 'inflation' as if its bad - it's just increasing the supply.  If you don't do that, there won't be any coins.  We had this 'inflation' since the start (even more) and that got us to > $500k market cap before the issue of 'infinite supply' took hold and dumped the price same as HVC.  Now we are removing the infinite supply and setting 'inflation' to nearly half what is was 3 months ago so what's your point?

^ pretty much this ..

I don't know what is wrong with ppl , cutting the supply from one day to the next when you do a coin takeover isn't going to help anything.
The inflation is already MUCH lower than it was a couple months ago. And it will be reduced down the line.
I think the new curve is completly fair and fine.
And don't forget coins so far are being destroyed all the time when someone use chat features, reducing the supply over time , and could be significant if it get used a lot more in the future.

If the price rise , the interest / hashrate / difficulty will rise accordingly and don't forget there is no PoS here to maintain the blockchain ...We need miners and a lot of them to maintain a secure network.
What matter the most for this coin isn't the coin supply anyway , it is that it bring something new and useful. Noone care about yet another coin with low supply and nothing else to it.
Taking the coin over , cutting the supply and calling it a day wouldn't bring the price back up to 10k or over.
TAC need more features and interesting ones.

I support the new team completly and hope they do something great out of TAC and look forward to what they will do.

TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 08:12:07 PM

^ pretty much this ..

I don't know what is wrong with ppl , cutting the supply from one day to the next when you do a coin takeover isn't going to help anything.
The inflation is already MUCH lower than it was a couple months ago. And it will be reduced down the line.
I think the new curve is completly fair and fine.
And don't forget coins so far are being destroyed all the time when someone use chat features, reducing the supply over time , and could be significant if it get used a lot more in the future.

If the price rise , the interest / hashrate / difficulty will rise accordingly and don't forget there is no PoS here to maintain the blockchain ...We need miners and a lot of them to maintain a secure network.
What matter the most for this coin isn't the coin supply anyway , it is that it bring something new and useful. Noone care about yet another coin with low supply and nothing else to it.
Taking the coin over , cutting the supply and calling it a day wouldn't bring the price back up to 10k or over.
TAC need more features and interesting ones.

I support the new team completly and hope they do something great out of TAC and look forward to what they will do.

Thanks dav, agree 100%.  Cutting the supply on a coin that has been dumped isn't going to get anyone value back - we know people won't be interested in Talkcoin without us taking the features forward to start delivering value to real users.  We haven't mentioned this as we just want to get the hardfork done, but I hope people can recognize that a team of well known devs and investors like this wouldn't be working on Talkcoin in the current state if we didn't believe we can do this.

Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: