Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:08:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation  (Read 113273 times)
djkice

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:02:21 AM

Hi guys,

I've posted previously in this thread about my hosting experience with Great North Data.  I have newest experience to report and created a new post below

[SCAM ALERT] Great North Data uses extortion to force clients out

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2711862.0

second, 6 weeks and nothing online yet.
layee99

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:21:20 PM

Good news at rektmining. I spoke with Dustin tonight and the new 12000 sqft facility is now active.  

He says he is ready to start receiving additional equipment and should clear the current backlog in a few days.

~nh

https://image.ibb.co/eVLBqG/20171205_165244_1512525562752.jpg

No hash till today.
Sent text message and didn't get any response. Now I'm little bit nervous. Maybe he is super busy to setup the space?

Update:
Got text message respond. He is trying to setup ASAP, but not guarantee.

Update2:
It's 3 am at mining farm and he is still working for setup. I got photo of my miners and will be up online this morning for sure with pool setup.
I think he just got new place and need to setup all the wires and Ethernet cables etc. It takes a lot of times.
I will update final update after I get hash.

Final update:
He is taking good care of each customers. Even though he just opened his mining farm, he knows what he is doing.
All of my threee L3+ & D3 are up online and he setup all the pool with the information that I gave him.
I will bring more miners to him.

Great that you miners are up and runnng. I have been with him for almost 2 months now. He is definitely a responsible and trustworty person.

My 25 D3 miners were delivered on Dec 1, but not a single miner has been set up yet. Anyone who sent miners in Dec lucky enough being setup?

any success with your miners deployment?

10 miners are online and over 40 S9 miners are waiting for up online. Don't know when it's available.
It's been 2 weeks now and still no hash from over 40 S9.

@layee99;  I just reached out to rektmining about the hold up and Dustin said they had been waiting on the power company to finish the additional electrical runs.  

Since it is getting finished up today he said the eta to clear the backlog of 10 client installs is just a few more days.

~nhminer

Glad to hear that. 10 of my miners are running right now and over 40 miners are waiting for online.

would you recommend hosting with rektmining?

This is too early to say that I recommend this place. I will wait till all miners up online.

Dustin said he was ready to set up my miners before Christmas, then told me there were no power cords available. I first ordered from Amazon but got lost, then ordered from another website, and finally delivered yesterday. I sent him several emails, text messages and called him two times since then, but he is not responding any more. What's going on? Is he afraid to respond because he couldn't find 10 of my miners? But at least put the other 15 online. Frustrated.

I'm in same situation. My 10 of miners are online and over 40 s9 miners are not online yet. Very frustrated here. I went to his place and I saw he have physical area and other business location. I believe he didn't have any wire job at that moment. Also I don't know he have enough electricity. He become late responser when you ask estimated setup date. He told me I have 5 people backlog ahead of me last week. If my s9 are not setup soon, I will withdraw all the s9. 

Have your miners online yet? 40 S9 miners are very costly for every day's delay. My miners are D3, not as profitable as S9, but still lost $10K revenue for 6 weeks delay. Dustin is only responsive when you haven't shipped your miners or something is missing such as power cords. Once everything is delivered, he becomes unresponsive. I do suspect he is using our miners to mine for himself. I plan to fly to Phoenix to check out if my miners are not online by the end of the week.
fanten

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Future of Global Copyright Registration

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:10:55 AM

Good news at rektmining. I spoke with Dustin tonight and the new 12000 sqft facility is now active.  

He says he is ready to start receiving additional equipment and should clear the current backlog in a few days.

~nh

No hash till today.
Sent text message and didn't get any response. Now I'm little bit nervous. Maybe he is super busy to setup the space?

Update:
Got text message respond. He is trying to setup ASAP, but not guarantee.

Update2:
It's 3 am at mining farm and he is still working for setup. I got photo of my miners and will be up online this morning for sure with pool setup.
I think he just got new place and need to setup all the wires and Ethernet cables etc. It takes a lot of times.
I will update final update after I get hash.

Final update:
He is taking good care of each customers. Even though he just opened his mining farm, he knows what he is doing.
All of my threee L3+ & D3 are up online and he setup all the pool with the information that I gave him.
I will bring more miners to him.

Great that you miners are up and runnng. I have been with him for almost 2 months now. He is definitely a responsible and trustworty person.

My 25 D3 miners were delivered on Dec 1, but not a single miner has been set up yet. Anyone who sent miners in Dec lucky enough being setup?

any success with your miners deployment?

10 miners are online and over 40 S9 miners are waiting for up online. Don't know when it's available.
It's been 2 weeks now and still no hash from over 40 S9.

@layee99;  I just reached out to rektmining about the hold up and Dustin said they had been waiting on the power company to finish the additional electrical runs.  

Since it is getting finished up today he said the eta to clear the backlog of 10 client installs is just a few more days.

~nhminer

Glad to hear that. 10 of my miners are running right now and over 40 miners are waiting for online.

would you recommend hosting with rektmining?

This is too early to say that I recommend this place. I will wait till all miners up online.

Dustin said he was ready to set up my miners before Christmas, then told me there were no power cords available. I first ordered from Amazon but got lost, then ordered from another website, and finally delivered yesterday. I sent him several emails, text messages and called him two times since then, but he is not responding any more. What's going on? Is he afraid to respond because he couldn't find 10 of my miners? But at least put the other 15 online. Frustrated.

I'm in same situation. My 10 of miners are online and over 40 s9 miners are not online yet. Very frustrated here. I went to his place and I saw he have physical area and other business location. I believe he didn't have any wire job at that moment. Also I don't know he have enough electricity. He become late responser when you ask estimated setup date. He told me I have 5 people backlog ahead of me last week. If my s9 are not setup soon, I will withdraw all the s9. 

Have your miners online yet? 40 S9 miners are very costly for every day's delay. My miners are D3, not as profitable as S9, but still lost $10K revenue for 6 weeks delay. Dustin is only responsive when you haven't shipped your miners or something is missing such as power cords. Once everything is delivered, he becomes unresponsive. I do suspect he is using our miners to mine for himself. I plan to fly to Phoenix to check out if my miners are not online by the end of the week.

I do not think he will do that. He is an honest man and trusted man for me. He may have some difficulty setting up his new warehouse to host those miners that caused all the delays. Yes I think you should definitely fly over to check him out. Let us know the situation there once you do. Thanks.

Smile
nhminer

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:42:32 AM

I do not think he will do that. He is an honest man and trusted man for me. He may have some difficulty setting up his new warehouse to host those miners that caused all the delays. Yes I think you should definitely fly over to check him out. Let us know the situation there once you do. Thanks.

Last I talked to him, he was waiting for a larger breaker.  He said it kept popping on him, even with a 20% overhead.  That was a week ago.  Sunday, my remaining miners came online, so my guess is he got the breaker

~nh

BCH - 1EshwUEg9LRbY5WMSw7bkBGQUYQeenkcet
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:54:57 AM

Mine are still offline. So i guess will have to amil him again
sb1

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:13:21 PM

I can provide electric for about 9p/kw and have a number of secure lockups available, do you think this could be of interest to any farms in the UK?

We generate 100kw electric on site here pretty much 24/7.
MimiVoladora

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:50:25 PM

I can provide electric for about 9p/kw and have a number of secure lockups available, do you think this could be of interest to any farms in the UK?

We generate 100kw electric on site here pretty much 24/7.

any more info?
MimiVoladora

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:02:16 PM

any more reviews of rektmining please?
thanks
MimiVoladora

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:28:57 PM

Mine are still offline. So i guess will have to amil him again
How long have you been waiting to get them online? is this at Rektmining?
Thanks
MimiVoladora

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:33:01 PM

Last I talked to him, he was waiting for a larger breaker.  He said it kept popping on him, even with a 20% overhead.  That was a week ago.  Sunday, my remaining miners came online, so my guess is he got the breaker

~nh

how long did you wait to get all your miners online with rektmining since you send them?
Thanks
nhminer

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:13:48 PM

~nh

how long did you wait to get all your miners online with rektmining since you send them?
Thanks

About 6 weeks from start to finish

BCH - 1EshwUEg9LRbY5WMSw7bkBGQUYQeenkcet
AlbertoAdji

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:04:52 PM

I have 8 Antminer machines and I intend to buy up to 50 units in the future, current 8 are in Brazil.

It will be shipped via FEDEX or DHL.

How much is the import fee to be paid in Canada?

How much does hosting and energy cost for each Antminer S9 and D3?

Thx
ethos777

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:14:05 PM

I have 8 Antminer machines and I intend to buy up to 50 units in the future, current 8 are in Brazil.

Thx

Be careful with Canadian import fee. James from Great North Data had told me that I'll be charged 5% but I was charged 15% instead. Then he told me "to get 5% you have to run it through a broker who inputs it as a company instead of a person". If I understand correctly that means I have to transfer my ownership to a 3rd party. See the lawsuit between Great North Data and Bitmain, that makes you think twice about giving up ownership.
MimiVoladora

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:21:44 AM

Thx

Can I ask you where in Canada are you thinking to host the miners? every hosting location in Canada are at full capacity... I wish there was space somewhere in Canada...
fanten

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:04:07 PM

any more reviews of rektmining please?
thanks

I have 2 L3+ which is mining with rektmining. They are quite stable although he is having some breaker problem which will cost power cut and our miners to stop mining for a day or two. I do hope that he resolved that problem well and we won't want to face with that problem anymore.

Smile
ymemey

Activity: 476
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 05:24:12 PM

Guys, any hosting with online control web interface asic? Or the same online control?

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
vegascoinpool

Activity: 223
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:12:38 AM

Hey gang... amazed to see how much demand there still is, and how rough it is to find a reputable place.

Update from my end... my group is setting up a mining facility in the Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) area in Texas. We were in DFW area this past week scouting locations with a real estate broker, and we have found a location that we're making a proposal to next week after the holiday here in the states on Monday.

This facility is being built to host our group's growing capacity, but we are seriously considering the addition of a section to host outside parties. No information yet on rates or anything... but we'll keep you guys posted as we progress.

Right now, our current proposal is to take possession of the facility on March 15th with buildout work expected to take at least 30 days.

I can tell from all of the growing pains with rektmining that we'd need to be very cautious with biting off more than we can chew. We won't accept any hardware until we're fully capable of plugging it in within 72 hours of its receipt at the facility.

Likely to fire up a waiting list or reservation system in the coming weeks.
fanten

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:33:34 AM

Rekt Mining facility improvements. This is an update from the owner of rekt Mining, Dustin Pennington. Give him some time and I am sure his mining facility will be improved with lots of stability.

Smile
carnut

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 08:27:31 AM

I've been exchanging emails and a couple of calls with Dustin at RektMining, and can say that he's very professional, and pricing is fair.

I completed the registration forms today and emailed back to him. I'll be sending 2 miners, then (hopefully) 4 more if there's room in February, and 4 in March (again, if room).

Mine are pre-configured, so hopefully it'll just be a plug and play, simple setup for them and be online pretty quickly.

More to come, but so far, I do like Dustin and the professionalism I've seen.

ethos777

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:04:58 PM

Guys, any hosting with online control web interface asic? Or the same online control?

Ask host if they can let you send desktop, switch and router and set you miners up on your own local network. Then you can access your computer using TeamViewer or similar software and you will have access to all your ASICs. Set up AwesomeMiner on that desktop and use Awesome Miner cloud to control your miners from anywhere.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: