Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:44:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation  (Read 113272 times)
Brian_AdvaniaThor

Activity: 11
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:41:51 PM

I can recommend Brian (Brian_AdvaniaThor), just arranged to host two SP10 at Advania with him. Quick replies and great service ... hope this follows through when they reach Iceland.

I'll update when they are up and running.

Update: After TNT took an extra day or 2 to deliver, Advania got my SP10s racked and mining within 24 hours, so very pleased.

Intake temps don't fluctuate more than 2 degrees at most (In the range of 19°C to 21°C).

As I write they are showing:

Miner 1 shows: 20 °C intake / 67,79 °C @ 1.42 Th/s
Miner 2 shows: 20 °C intake / 69,70 °C @ 1.44 Th/s

Seriously thinking of sending the SP30s on order there as well.

Great - glad to hear all are running well, and thanks for the review!
jtoomim

Activity: 818
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 04:36:12 PM

1. What do you guys think is a fair premium for non-rackmountable hardware like Ants or Neptunes? I've got some shelves in the warehouse here, and I've been considering setting up an Ant farm if there's enough demand for it, and if people are willing to pay for the extra time and money it will cost to set it up and cool it. This is a premium on top of our standard rates, which will be around $90/kW for 1 month (no contract), or as low as $70/kW for 18 month pre-pay.

2. What do you guys think of the name Freedom Farm? We want to do our part to keep Bitcoin free and decentralized, while simultaneously staying nearly 100% greenhouse gas emissions-free. Also, alliteration. Yes? No? What about the name Crypto Cache? How about Columbia Localhost? (We're powered by the Columbia River.)

Hosting bitcoin miners for $65 to $80/kW/month on clean, cheap hydro power.
http://Toom.im
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:44:35 PM

How about Big-ass Bitcoin  Grin

Hardcore Hashing?

Maximum Mining?

Turnkey Technologies?

That way you have your alliteration and a memorable name  Tongue
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3909

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:44:29 PM

1. What do you guys think is a fair premium for non-rackmountable hardware like Ants or Neptunes? I've got some shelves in the warehouse here, and I've been considering setting up an Ant farm if there's enough demand for it, and if people are willing to pay for the extra time and money it will cost to set it up and cool it. This is a premium on top of our standard rates, which will be around $90/kW for 1 month (no contract), or as low as $70/kW for 18 month pre-pay.

2. What do you guys think of the name Freedom Farm? We want to do our part to keep Bitcoin free and decentralized, while simultaneously staying nearly 100% greenhouse gas emissions-free. Also, alliteration. Yes? No? What about the name Crypto Cache? How about Columbia Localhost? (We're powered by the Columbia River.)

sushi is saying that you can fit 3 S3 antminers in 4U rack space and 10 shelves in 42U space, hence 30 S3 in 42U cabinet.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697474.0
This would require ~10.2 kw/ 42U space.
is this doable-hosting guys?
I have seen mostly 20A and 30A offers at 208V, which is only 4.16 to 6.24kw
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:51:41 PM

We'd be building flexible shelving instead of using server racks, and running wire and circuits as needed for the customer's specific setup, so... yes.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:54:43 PM

sushi is saying that you can fit 3 S3 antminers in 4U rack space and 10 shelves in 42U space, hence 30 S3 in 42U cabinet.
Guess it depends on if you are using a datacenter which has rack power-density limits.
Some do, and they limit the KW/rack they allow.
jtoomim

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 10:33:07 PM

I don't like 10 kW per 42U. I'm aiming for around 50 kW per 42U. At only 10 kW per 42U, most of our infrastructure would become more expensive (longer ducts and electrical circuits), and we'd run out of floor space somewhat quickly. I'll take a look and see if I can do it more densely. If not, maybe we'll put it off until we have our second building (which might have a lot more floor space). I'll have to do some calculations myself too and see if I can get it more dense than 10 kW.

usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:38:25 PM

I don't like 10 kW per 42U. I'm aiming for around 50 kW per 42U. At only 10 kW per 42U, most of our infrastructure would become more expensive (longer ducts and electrical circuits), and we'd run out of floor space somewhat quickly. I'll take a look and see if I can do it more densely. If not, maybe we'll put it off until we have our second building (which might have a lot more floor space). I'll have to do some calculations myself too and see if I can get it more dense than 10 kW.
That's over 170,000 BTU's in a 42U rack (about 35 cubic feet). What type of cooling to you have which can do that? That's pretty intense.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:46:36 PM

1. 40kw per rack requires extreme (and extremely expensive) cooling. I think most datacenters being built in 2015+ will use immersion cooling.
3. I think it's about time to just make the switch over to immersion cooling. There's really no competition. Even with 40C dT air cooling still can't match the density or efficiency of immersion cooling.

1. I don't think so. If you do it the traditional datacenter way, with in-aisle air conditioners or water cooling loops with water chillers on the roof, then yes, it's expensive. I think there's a better way. I should know in late August if it works. It will likely be cheaper than immersion cooling.
3. I expect my DC's PUE to be under 1.05 (not including transformer losses, substation losses, and voltage drop losses). That might be higher than Allied Control's claimed 1.01, but not by much. (Their 1.01 figure certainly doesn't include any of the electrical losses I mentioned, since a transformer's efficiency is essentially never above 99%.)

I'm interested to know more about your DC plans.

How will it be cooled?

Does the 1.05PUE include the four 15w fans per sp30?

What is the infrastructure $/w? (Excluding the cost of the asics)

Does your fancy cooling method require extra cash or space?

What's the total capacity of the DC? MW? Square feet?
jtoomim

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 11:34:25 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 12:37:33 AM by jtoomim

From the Spondoolies Tech thread:

I'm interested to know more about your DC plans.

How will it be cooled?

Does the 1.05PUE include the four 15w fans per sp30?

What is the infrastructure $/w? (Excluding the cost of the asics)

Does your fancy cooling method require extra cash or space?

What's the total capacity of the DC? MW? Square feet?

Lots of air.

No. Those don't add much, though -- about 2.18%.

That's for me to know and for you to speculate on. (Edit: I actually don't know yet myself, to be honest. I'm still encountering nasty and expensive surprises on occasion.)

Not much of either.

Our first DC will be around 5000 sq ft. Capacity for our initial buildout will probably be about 800 kW, but we've only committed to about 400-500 kW so far. We may upgrade this location to about 3 MW eventually, or we might leave it at 800 kW and just build other locations at the multi-MW scale. Still some decisions to be made.

jtoomim

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 11:49:40 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 12:12:24 AM by jtoomim

From the Spondoolies thread:

not to put pressure on you, but is that datacenter coming?  Smiley
what's causing the holdup?
smaller retail spaces in Houston are being renovated in a day or two max as long as sq footage is profitable...
is energy commitment causes the holdup?
sorry to putting you on the spot, but you do talk about your upcoming facility here...

Yes, it's coming along. I'm in the warehouse right now, and we've got a lot of equipment in here. Still a lot that's been ordered and is yet to arrive, and still some to order.

One of the big holdups was actually finding a suitable location. We're not doing a small 20 kW mine. We're aiming for the better part of a megawatt. That restricts the list of candidate sites considerably. We were looking for landlords that wouldn't mind us making substantial modifications to the building's ventilation and electrical systems, and that had plenty of space for expansion. We found something eventually, but not until about 15 days ago.

Now it's just a matter of getting all the parts, making sure everything from the transformers to the lugs are matched, getting the building and electrical permits, and installing everything. It's a lot of work, and a lot of money, and the more we rush it the more expensive mistakes we (mostly I) make.

I've been working on it for months, and we're starting to get close. I'm hoping to turn it all on around August 10th if things go well. If things don't go well, we'll have a pile of dormant SP30s--mostly mine and my brother's, plus a few belonging to our mom and some of our close friends. After we're online, we'll start taking outside customers.

No, energy commitment is not an issue. We've got power committed from the utility up to the capacity of our primary transformer.

QuiveringGibbage (OP)

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 11:15:57 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 07:27:02 AM by QuiveringGibbage

Update to directory this week:
WIP Last update: 2014-07-18
ASIA / PACIFIC
=====================
URL: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.00
Price: 110$ per kw (See thread for details, search for "The introduction of our data center")
Comment: Operator is pcfli
Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.00
=====================
EURO
=====================
URL: http://www.polivka-gmbh.com/
Price: Prices will be around 0.1 € per kWh plus a little fee for the space - details will follow. Non-EU customers don't have to pay VAT!
Comment: From beginning of August. Operator is Polivka GmbH
Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699020.0
=====================

Welcome AUSTRIA and CHINA!!

Stats updates of my hosted h/w:

Mich-Colo stepped it up again with further reduction in temps, now 27c. Only just saw this, hope it sticks. 1.48ths Smiley (gaederopus)

GekkoScience cools to 24-25c at nights. (princeps, linguaefelis)

Cheers,
QG

PS: CHINA miners check out NEW Chinese mainland mining node cn.ozco.in:3333 and cn.ozco.in:80 (https://ozcoin.net)

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
psahx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:49:19 PM

Stats updates of my hosted h/w:

Mich-Colo stepped it up again with further reduction in temps, now 27c. Only just saw this, hope it sticks. 1.48ths Smiley

Can confirm, temps in Mich-Colo are way better now, but I have different figures. I guess my machines are not in the same room as yours. Mine are showing 28Co - 30Co.

jtoomim

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 06:37:12 PM

Answering a question sent by PM publicly in case anyone else is wondering the same thing.

Hello,

I read you are starting a datacenter. Do you accept all kinds of mining Hardware? Is remote access included? Will you provide psu for miners like the S3? Do you calculate actual power usage? Example: For 2 S3 about 0.75 *90 $. What happens if the miners are sent to you from china? Do you have any import duties that would be charged on top?

Thanks

We currently are focusing on high-density rack-mountable hardware. We may accept S3s later, but there are additional problems with cooling and powering devices at that (lower) density and form factor that we do not want to tackle at the moment. I've just ordered 2 S3s to experiment with so far. If we do accept S3s, we will likely offer our own server PSU arrangement for them (at a good price), and we will also likely charge a higher rate for them, because it costs us more to run them (in rent and in infrastructural capital costs). We'll still charge less than probably anyone else, though. We're flexible about our hosting plans, so if you made us a good enough offer, we could accelerate our Antminer infrastructure development.

We will either measure actual usage continuously or with random sampling. If you're on a random sampling scheme, we request that you inform us whenever you make changes that may affect power consumption significantly.

There are generally no significant import duties for importing computer equipment to the USA. A 3% duty may be charged on equipment that you carry across the border yourself when flying in, but for freight or courier shipments, it's duty-free. The customer pays shipping in both directions, of course.

Remote access will be included. For security, we're working on a VLAN setup with a web portal for temporary port forwarding keyed to a signature from your bitcoin address. That might not be ready until September, so there might be a period during which we have to improvise some other way of securely offering access to your miners. We may also have a VPN option.

mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 09:13:06 PM

I hope to see more miner friendly data center options in the future
MichColo

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:51:20 AM

Can confirm, temps in Mich-Colo are way better now, but I have different figures. I guess my machines are not in the same room as yours. Mine are showing 28Co - 30Co.

Your machines are not only in the same room, but in the same rack.
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:56:24 PM

Your machines are not only in the same room, but in the same rack.
Small variance in temperatures inside a rack are perfectly normal, and also depend on the position of your server in the rack.
Genesis-Mining

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 01:32:33 PM

Hey Miners,

After we have built up large scale mining facilities in Iceland for our cloudmining services we are now opening our doors for the community! We are specialized for mining and have remote hands who are experienced in running large scale mining operations!

The conditions are as follows:

URL: https://genesis-mining.com (For hosting services drop me a mail marco.streng@genesis-mining.com)
Price: $85.68/kW/mth or 11.9 cents/kWh, NO VAT(!), no licenses requred
Comment: Large scale mining experienced remote hands. Optimized mining infrastructure. Prices negotiable for Volume > 500 kW. Special cloud management software available.
Minimum Power Consumption: 50 kW

@Moderator: Can you please add this offer to the European section in the header?

If you are interested, drop me a mail: marco.streng@genesis-mining.com

First come first serve! We are looking foward to supporting your mining operation!

Greetings,
Marco Streng
(Genesis Mining)

merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:49:03 PM

Hey Miners,

After we have built up large scale mining facilities in Iceland for our cloudmining services we are now opening our doors for the community! We are specialized for mining and have remote hands who are experienced in running large scale mining operations!

The conditions are as follows:

URL: https://genesis-mining.com (For hosting services drop me a mail marco.streng@genesis-mining.com)
Price: $85.68/kW/mth or 11.9 cents/kWh, NO VAT(!), no licenses requred
Comment: Large scale mining experienced remote hands. Optimized mining infrastructure. Prices negotiable for Volume > 500 kW. Special cloud management software available.
Minimum Power Consumption: 50 kW

@Moderator: Can you please add this offer to the European section in the header?

If you are interested, drop me a mail: marco.streng@genesis-mining.com

First come first serve! We are looking foward to supporting your mining operation!

Greetings,
Marco Streng
(Genesis Mining)

Hi Marco,

what do you mean with the minimum power consumption at 50kW?
does this mean you'll only consider customers using 50kW and above?

if yes, why not cater for smaller mining operations like a couple SP30's etc..
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:34:25 PM

Because that's our job.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: