Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:59:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 256 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Altcoin Observer  (Read 387451 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:41:52 PM

I am buying both XMR and BBR. These coins will eat the market segment from DRK and XC gradually thanks to their superior technology and more competent development team. DRK is declining. Good signal for XMR and BBR

A few observations about CN coins with superior technology:

• No bitcoin compatibility making adoption hard.
  • No known solution for scaling for mainstream adoption. For bitcoin based coins there is mini-blockchain.
  • CN transactions can be Sybil attacked, so that you'd be mixing mostly with adversary's own generated transactions.
  • The planned I2P implementation is susceptible to timing analysis.

And, if you're holding a lot of XMR, hope the devs don't get ahold of a botnet:

If I (or any one of us) had control of a botnet we would not be involved with Monero. Trust me. We would have much more profitable fish to fry (ransomware, for instance).
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:50:25 PM

If I (or any one of us) had control of a botnet we would not be involved with Monero. Trust me. We would have much more profitable fish to fry (ransomware, for instance).

Uh, wow. lol.

I hope you forgot the quote the /s in that post or something.
damashup

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:54:23 PM

market already chose BBR as 'silver do XMR gold' at least for now, I woudn't be complaining with a single guy sologpumining a good fraction of all bbr out.

Too early to say XMR = gold, BBR = silver. Wouldn't read anything into what the so-called market is doing given that both coins are at a very embryonic stage.
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:55:42 PM

I am buying both XMR and BBR. These coins will eat the market segment from DRK and XC gradually thanks to their superior technology and more competent development team. DRK is declining. Good signal for XMR and BBR

A few observations about CN coins with superior technology:

• No bitcoin compatibility making adoption hard.
  • No known solution for scaling for mainstream adoption. For bitcoin based coins there is mini-blockchain.
  • CN transactions can be Sybil attacked, so that you'd be mixing mostly with adversary's own generated transactions.

And, if you're holding a lot of XMR, hope the devs don't get ahold of a botnet:

No bitcoin compatibility making adoption hard
.  - So you're saying, that coins that aren't using Bitcoin's codebase, can't have their features implemented into Bitcoin itself like Bitcoin can easily implement Darkcoin's Masternode and everything else...? That's a good thing.

No known solution for scaling for mainstream adoption. For bitcoin based coins there is mini-blockchain. -  Incase you haven't noticed, Monero's blockchain is only twice as big as Bitcoin's, and even that will be Cut, as Boolberrie's was. Most people will run Light Clients(Like Bitcoin's Multibit), so they don't even have to download the whole blockchain.

CN transactions can be Sybil attacked, so that you'd be mixing mostly with adversary's own generated transactions. - This isn't even true. "You might ask, if it's impossible to determine which outputs are being spent, how can double-spending by prevented? CryptoNote solves this using a special ring signature algorithm (which is a modified version of existing signatures, so this is original cryptography and their security proof should be scrutinized — fortunately it is not too complicated) in which the real signing key has a key image associated to it, which must be published alongside the signature. This key image cannot be reversed to get the original key and deanonymize the sender, but if a double-spend is attempted, users will see that the same key image is used twice and reject the second attempt." Please read up on how Cryptonote Ring Signatures work, thanks.

The planned I2P implementation is susceptible to timing analysis. LOLLL, only the NSA can do that. You're just copying what Anonymint said, Timing Anaylsis is the Only way to try and circumvent Ring Signatures, and it's only possible by the NSA. Bitcoin itself is Not NSA Proof. Meanwhile, there are 101 ways to destroy drk's "anonymity"

Also, botnets run on 32 bit machines, 32 bit computers would make less than 0.1 XMR, per day. There have been no botnets owners having more than 20 botnets in their posession mining xmr. That'd mean they'd make AT Most, 10 xmr or so now. There are most likely no botnets mining this coin as of now.

Conclusion: You're copy/pasting info that you have no idea about, and listing them as "flaws" and I've just shown you wrong, take a look at Darkcoin, with it's trackable coinjoin/mixing "anonymity", it's Masternodes that can always be DDOSed and taken offline, thereby destroying dakcoin's "anonymity", and they can be centrazlied by one person or group + 101 more problems.

illodin

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:08:10 PM

Incase you haven't noticed, Monero's blockchain is only twice as big as Bitcoin's, and even that will be Cut, as Boolberrie's was. Most people will run Light Clients(Like Bitcoin's Multibit), so they don't even have to download the whole blockchain.

Twice as big, with 1/100th of transactions. And, incase you didn't notice, I said "mainstream adoption".

This isn't even true. "You might ask, if it's impossible to determine which outputs are being spent, how can double-spending by prevented? CryptoNote solves this using a special ring signature algorithm (which is a modified version of existing signatures, so this is original cryptography and their security proof should be scrutinized — fortunately it is not too complicated) in which the real signing key has a key image associated to it, which must be published alongside the signature. This key image cannot be reversed to get the original key and deanonymize the sender, but if a double-spend is attempted, users will see that the same key image is used twice and reject the second attempt." Please read up on how Cryptonote Ring Signatures work, thanks.

Strange, that you (or anyone else for that matter) didn't say anything when Anonymint made the same claim in XMR thread. Are you suggesting that Anonymint should also "read up on how Cryptonote Ring Signatures work"?

LOLLL, only the NSA can do that. You're just copying what Anonymint said, Timing Anaylsis is the Only way to try and circumvent Ring Signatures, and it's only possible by the NSA.

Yes, NSA can do that. So why go through all that trouble creating a new crypto coin from scratch if even then your anonymity won't be NSA proof?

darkota

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:11:34 PM

Incase you haven't noticed, Monero's blockchain is only twice as big as Bitcoin's, and even that will be Cut, as Boolberrie's was. Most people will run Light Clients(Like Bitcoin's Multibit), so they don't even have to download the whole blockchain.

Twice as big, with 1/100th of transactions. And, incase you didn't notice, I said "mainstream adoption".

This isn't even true. "You might ask, if it's impossible to determine which outputs are being spent, how can double-spending by prevented? CryptoNote solves this using a special ring signature algorithm (which is a modified version of existing signatures, so this is original cryptography and their security proof should be scrutinized — fortunately it is not too complicated) in which the real signing key has a key image associated to it, which must be published alongside the signature. This key image cannot be reversed to get the original key and deanonymize the sender, but if a double-spend is attempted, users will see that the same key image is used twice and reject the second attempt." Please read up on how Cryptonote Ring Signatures work, thanks.

Strange, that you (or anyone else for that matter) didn't say anything when Anonymint made the same claim in XMR thread. Are you suggesting that Anonymint should also "read up on how Cryptonote Ring Signatures work"?

LOLLL, only the NSA can do that. You're just copying what Anonymint said, Timing Anaylsis is the Only way to try and circumvent Ring Signatures, and it's only possible by the NSA.

Yes, NSA can do that. So why go through all that trouble creating a new crypto coin from scratch if even then your anonymity won't be NSA proof?

Strange, that you (or anyone else for that matter) didn't say anything when Anonymint made the same claim in XMR thread. Are you suggesting that Anonymint should also "read up on how Cryptonote Ring Signatures work"? - What?? Why do you continue to blatantly lie? I told Anonymint, that worrying about being NSA-Proof, should come later, after I2P is implemented.

Yes, NSA can do that. So why go through all that trouble creating a new crypto coin from scratch if even then your anonymity won't be NSA proof? You're not making any sense. THERE ARE NO CRYPTOCOINS that is NSA proof, Bitcoin is not NSA-proof. If you want NSA-Proof, get out of crypto. That's going to come, but there are (let me repeat) NO coins that are NSA proof as of right now.

Twice as big, with 1/100th of transactions. And, incase you didn't notice, I said "mainstream adoption". One of the XMR devs already explained that this is because a lot of transactions are "emtpy", go read up on previous posts in this thread while I find the quote.

It's obvious that everything, every made up "flaw" you've found, has been answered and has a solution. Now you resort to lies, just like BrilliantRocket did. Or would you like be to quote my responses to him too and about Darkcoin? Here you go:

AlexGR, what are you talking about? Monero is currently 2:1 size wise, growing less than twice the rate of Bitcoin.

You're trying too hard here, your bias is obvious.

Don't you understand that growing 2:1 with virtually no tx's compared to BTC (100-1000tx per block) is a problem?

Most of the current growth is due to empty one-minute blocks, which is not inherent in the design at all, and can (and probably should) be changed to a slower block target. For example, as I write this 5 out of the previous 6 blocks are all empty:

123047   2 minutes ago   468   1   4521dc5d9db1c40882b8274efa7f9454e0c16c6def50559c72e26b57e5ef1374
123046   3 minutes ago   332   1   2a759d05a824a4c728aa26e65bc7cb9eaa5280925e1943dbb6512987c3cfc34e
123045   3 minutes ago   332   1   089680af1f6eaa1b1f92e9bbefb8a7e954101f2fec80cd62928c0c83301ea20c
123044   3 minutes ago   332   1   9904d04d7932622881de262fa2e54f3792b9a108333a9e0359418f4928071991
123043   3 minutes ago   332   1   b19f5d4c871ab16e5fbd98ad59ddffdedb43ee3ee3b365179bbbdef5e9901da2
123042   4 minutes ago   332   1   72de4622a8d5ee808069de7a82c0791a919ae7e495eda6a0508b2954caf20251

Very little of the actual current growth is due to the size of ring signatures. Increased usage will cause sub-linear incremental growth because the first thing that will happen is that empty blocks will have transactions added to them (reducing chain overhead from 100% to <100%) and the next thing that will happen is that block headers will be amortized over a larger number of transactions.

In some hypothetical future if XMR has transaction volume that is comparable to BTC, its block chain will be several times larger since its transactions are larger. If that happens, the market will have accepted that a constant factor (very likely <10x) of increased chain size is an acceptable trade off for increased privacy of transactions on the chain. I see no way to objectively predict whether that will happen.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:16:31 PM

I was never offered a satisfactory response to the following question I asked a couple of days ago: If Cryptonote is not NSA proof, what does it offer over coins like Darkcoin that also give non-NSA proof anonymity ? With the current paradigm Darkcoin is using, only the NSA ( or someone equally powerful) will be able to target and deanonymize users' transactions. So why go through the hassle of a new, unvetted code base for no resultant benefit? If Darkcoin gets you to the point that you're anonymous from everyone but the NSA, and it does so without massive bloat, bugs etc, why would anyone need CN coins?

Darkcoin will likely be ready about a year sooner than any CN coin. And yet the end result will be effectively the same. I know you guys all like to say that CN coins give anonymity now, but that is disingenuous and you know it. They may technically be anonymous, but they are FAR from ready for real world use.
darkota

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:25:56 PM

I was never offered a satisfactory response to the following question I asked a couple of days ago: If Cryptonote is not NSA proof, what does it offer over coins like Darkcoin that also give non-NSA proof anonymity ? With the current paradigm Darkcoin is using, only the NSA ( or someone equally powerful) will be able to target and deanonymize users' transactions. So why go through the hassle of a new, unvetted code base for no resultant benefit? If Darkcoin gets you to the point that you're anonymous from everyone but the NSA, and it does so without massive bloat, bugs etc, why would anyone need CN coins?

Darkcoin will likely be ready about a year sooner than any CN coin. And yet the end result will be effectively the same. I know you guys all like to say that CN coins give anonymity now, but that is disingenuous and you know it. They may technically be anonymous, but they are FAR from ready for real world use.

How is this even a question lol. Darkcoin only offers Coinjoin/Mixing "anonymity". It's Bitcoin-Based, so once it's open sourced, whatever it's done can be simply implemented into Bitcoin/Litecoin, making DRK even more useless. Darkcoin's Masternodes, which are the things that mix people's coins around, can always be compromised. They can be centralized by one person or group, and they can be DDOSed/taken offline. Once that happens, Darkcoin's "anonymity" is gone, since it relies on the Masternodes to do the coin mixing. Also, what you said here, " With the current paradigm Darkcoin is using, only the NSA ( or someone equally powerful) will be able to target and deanonymize users' transactions" is not true at all, 1 Masternode costs around 5k to buy, there are around 500 masternodes now. If anyone with a spare 500k wanted to destroy Darkcoin forever, right now, all he'd have to do is buy up all the Masternodes and he'd see all transactions clearly(the update for fixing that in darksend+ is not here yet). And anyone, can simply DDOS Darkcoin's masternodes, destroying it's "anonymity". It would only take a couple thousands..

Be Real: I own Darkcoin, but I know for sure as Hell, that legit businesses(mainstream adoption) will  Never Ever accept a coin with the name, Darkcoin. Bitcoin has many people thinking it's only used for buying drugs etc, and if even Bitcoin has that obstacle of being a "drug-only" currency, then Darkcoin will never ever have a chance. It's name is practically built for Drugs only, and is affiliated with the Darkweb, and Dark activities(drugs etc)

Darkcoin has 4 HUGE Flaws that stops it from ever going anywhere: It's name, Darkcoin will always be affiliated with illegal activity and will never be accepted by legitimate businesses, it's 50% instamine by it's own development team will always be a cripplying factor, it's Masternode/Anonymity system is flawed, because it uses trivial coinjoin mixing, and it's Masternodes can always be centralized, taken offline, DDOSed etc etc, and it's Bitcoin-Based, so any other Bitcoin-Based coin can simply copy what Darkcoin has into their own coin. Litecoin could do that when Darkcoin goes open source.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:29:17 PM

I'm not going to unignore you until you stop spreading FUD and reply only to the content of my post. We all know you hate Darkcoin's instamine, you don't need to bring it up in every post. It just makes you look like a raving troll. Any argument that Darkcoin's nodes can be taken down can also be applied to any coin with nodes...which is all of them. If someone wanted to take down a CN coin, they could target the seeder nodes and there goes your coin. So that isn't an argument. Additionally, because of the use of multiple nodes in a single round of transaction signing, you could own half the nodes and still be unable to deanonymize any significant number of transactions.
darkota

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:31:07 PM

I'm not going to unignore you until you stop spreading FUD and reply only to the content of my post. We all know you hate Darkcoin's instamine, you don't need to bring it up in every post. It just makes you look like a raving troll.

I brought it up only once in the post..., when I was showing Darkcoin's 4 main crippling flaws...I also answered your question and stated why Any cryptonote coin is a better choice than Darkcoin.

How is this even a question lol. Darkcoin only offers Coinjoin/Mixing "anonymity". It's Bitcoin-Based, so once it's open sourced, whatever it's done can be simply implemented into Bitcoin/Litecoin, making DRK even more useless. Darkcoin's Masternodes, which are the things that mix people's coins around, can always be compromised. They can be centralized by one person or group, and they can be DDOSed/taken offline. Once that happens, Darkcoin's "anonymity" is gone, since it relies on the Masternodes to do the coin mixing. Also, what you said here, " With the current paradigm Darkcoin is using, only the NSA ( or someone equally powerful) will be able to target and deanonymize users' transactions" is not true at all, 1 Masternode costs around 5k to buy, there are around 500 masternodes now. If anyone with a spare 500k wanted to destroy Darkcoin forever, right now, all he'd have to do is buy up all the Masternodes and he'd see all transactions clearly(the update for fixing that in darksend+ is not here yet). And anyone, can simply DDOS Darkcoin's masternodes, destroying it's "anonymity". It would only take a couple thousands..

Be Real: I own Darkcoin, but I know for sure as Hell, that legit businesses(mainstream adoption) will  Never Ever accept a coin with the name, Darkcoin. Bitcoin has many people thinking it's only used for buying drugs etc, and if even Bitcoin has that obstacle of being a "drug-only" currency, then Darkcoin will never ever have a chance. It's name is practically built for Drugs only, and is affiliated with the Darkweb, and Dark activities(drugs etc)

Darkcoin has 4 HUGE Flaws that stops it from ever going anywhere: It's name, Darkcoin will always be affiliated with illegal activity and will never be accepted by legitimate businesses, it's 50% instamine by it's own development team will always be a cripplying factor, it's Masternode/Anonymity system is flawed, because it uses trivial coinjoin mixing, and it's Masternodes can always be centralized, taken offline, DDOSed etc etc, and it's Bitcoin-Based, so any other Bitcoin-Based coin can simply copy what Darkcoin has into their own coin. Litecoin could do that when Darkcoin goes open source.

illodin

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:37:34 PM

Strange, that you (or anyone else for that matter) didn't say anything when Anonymint made the same claim in XMR thread. Are you suggesting that Anonymint should also "read up on how Cryptonote Ring Signatures work"? - What?? Why do you continue to blatantly lie? I told Anonymint, that worrying about being NSA-Proof, should come later, after I2P is implemented.

Lie about what? Anonymint said in the XMR thread, that CN transactions can be Sybil attacked, so that you'd be mixing mostly with adversary's own generated transactions. And now you are saying that's not true. Where is the lie?

Yes, NSA can do that. So why go through all that trouble creating a new crypto coin from scratch if even then your anonymity won't be NSA proof? You're not making any sense. THERE ARE NO CRYPTOCOINS that is NSA proof, Bitcoin is not NSA-proof. If you want NSA-Proof, get out of crypto. That's going to come, but there are (let me repeat) NO coins that are NSA proof as of right now.

Yes, exactly! So, what's the reason to start a totally new coin with totally new issues when even that won't help you to get NSA proof anonymity anyway?

Twice as big, with 1/100th of transactions. And, incase you didn't notice, I said "mainstream adoption". One of the XMR devs already explained that this is because a lot of transactions are "emtpy", go read up on previous posts in this thread while I find the quote.

And another XMR dev corrected him. So maybe it's you who should go read up on previous posts:

If all blocks were empty and the average block size was 350 bytes, that amounts to just 500 kb a day from blocks. If it were 2 min block time, that's 250 kb. That's not a big difference, and I don't think much to worry about.

I stand corrected. Many blocks are empty but they are small so they don't add too much to blockchain size growth. Though they do add to sync time, and processing latency (both being amortized over a tiny average number of transactions per block).

It's obvious that everything, every made up "flaw" you've found, has been answered and has a solution. Now you resort to lies, just like BrilliantRocket did.

No, they haven't been answered, and no, they don't have a solution. Where are my "lies" again? And btw, huge bold fonts just make you seem tilted.
Vanderi

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:39:33 PM

Almost 100 pages of discussion after Pietilas post saying he is buying Monero. Hats off to those who rise to defend the cause but still, kinda tragi-comical.
illodin

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:40:50 PM

1 Masternode costs around 5k to buy, there are around 500 masternodes now. If anyone with a spare 500k wanted to destroy Darkcoin forever, right now, all he'd have to do is buy up all the Masternodes and he'd see all transactions clearly(the update for fixing that in darksend+ is not here yet).

I think your math (amongst other things) is a bit off.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:42:24 PM

Almost 100 pages of discussion after Pietilas post saying he is buying Monero. Hats off to those who rise to defend the cause but still, kinda tragi-comical.

What do you mean?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
darkota

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:44:15 PM

Lie about what? Anonymint said in the XMR thread, that CN transactions can be Sybil attacked, so that you'd be mixing mostly with adversary's own generated transactions. And now you are saying that's not true. Where is the lie?

Yes, exactly! So, what's the reason to start a totally new coin with totally new issues when even that won't help you to get NSA proof anonymity anyway?

And another XMR dev corrected him. So maybe it's you who should go read up on previous posts:

If all blocks were empty and the average block size was 350 bytes, that amounts to just 500 kb a day from blocks. If it were 2 min block time, that's 250 kb. That's not a big difference, and I don't think much to worry about.

I stand corrected. Many blocks are empty but they are small so they don't add too much to blockchain size growth. Though they do add to sync time, and processing latency (both being amortized over a tiny average number of transactions per block).

It's obvious that everything, every made up "flaw" you've found, has been answered and has a solution. Now you resort to lies, just like BrilliantRocket did.

No, they haven't been answered, and no, they don't have a solution. Where are my "lies" again? And btw, huge bold fonts just make you seem tilted.

Ok so the only flaw you've found for Cryptonote, is non- NSA proof, which every coin including Bitcoin also has that flaw, and Blockchain bloat, which is only twice as big as Bitcoin's, I've grown tired of simply reposting what has already been said, 1,000,000 times. Point in Case: Darkcoin's Masternode system offers extremely trivial anonymity compared to Cryptonotes. Darkcoin relies on Masternodes to mix coins to make them "untraceable". If all the Masternodes were bought up/DDOSed/taken offline, Darkcoin's "anonymity" would be completely destroyed. (It only costs around 500k to buy up all Darkcoin's Masternodes, and it costs way less to DDOS them Tongue) Darkcoin's 50% instamine by it's own developer team is also horrendous, and it's name will always be drug-affiliated and stop it from ever going Mainstream.

There. You posted 1 "flaw" for cryptonote, where its not NSA-Proof, but neither is any other cryptocoin including Bitcoin..
And you posted where Cryptonotes Bloating is bad, but it's only twice as Big as Bitcoin's, and can be reduced 50%-70% as shown by Crypto_Zoidberg.

I've posted 4 huge flaws for Darkcoin, where it's anonymity is trivial coinjoin, it's Masterodes can always be hacked,taken off-line, DDOSed, and centralized, where it's 50% instamine by it's own developers is horrendous, and how it's name, Darkcoin, will never gain mainstream adoptance and will always be affiliated with Drugs. There.

What do you have to say now??
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:46:45 PM

It's like he doesn't understand the argument.
darkota

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:56:07 PM

It's like he doesn't understand the argument.

Illodin gave the argument that Cryptonote coins have 2 flaws: Not being NSA-Proof and having Blockchain Bloat.

I gave the argument that all every single coin also has the flaw of Not Being NSA-Proof(yes Bitcoin is not NSA proof), so that's a universal flaw for every cryptocurrency....and how the Blockchain Bloat can be resolved as shown by Crypto_Zoidberg, cutting it by 50%-70%.

I also listed Darkcoin's main crippling flaws, it's 50% instamine by it's own development team, it's trivial coinjoin/masternode anonymity, it's  masternodes can always be taken offline/ddosed/hacked/centralized thereby destroying Darkcoin's "anonymity", and it's drug-affiliated name that will stop any adoptance by companies/regular individuals.

Brilliantrocket

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:11:06 PM

Let's assume that both DRK and CN coins have enough anonymity to evade everyone except government entities. I know you think Darkcoin anonymity is trivial, but the reality is that neither you  (nor anyone else from competitor coins) can trace a transaction.

To simplify things a bit, let's assign a numerical value to anonymity. Let's say Darkcoin has a value of 2, CN has a value of 2.5 and you need 5 to achieve "true" anonymity.  Let's say that our arbitrary value of 2 is good enough to evade everyone except the NSA. A rating of 2.5 does you no additional good, because it's still less than the 5 you need. So although you can say it's technically more anonymous, that "extra" anonymity does you no practical good, while the platform that provides it actually has negatives. Can you see what I'm saying? Why would anyone looking for privacy/anonymity go with CN, if it provides no additional benefit, while introducing new problems into the equation?

edit: I know you'll try to bring nodes into this, so once again, I'll remind you that CN nodes can also be attacked. And don't say you'll have more, the bloat will diminish the number of nodes you would have otherwise had.
illodin

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:17:34 PM

Blockchain bloat, which is only twice as big as Bitcoin's, I've grown tired of simply reposting what has already been said, 1,000,000 times.

I wouldn't use word "only" when something is twice as big while having 1/100th of transactions. Even if you reduce it by 50-70% it will not scale for mainstream. Bitcoin based coins won't either in their current state, but there is a known solution for Bitcoin based coins - mini-blockchain.

It only costs around 500k to buy up all Darkcoin's Masternodes
Again, your math (amongst other things) is off.

What do you have to say now??

You have said multiple times that I am a liar. I asked you to show me where exactly I have lied. No response. If you claim someone is a liar (multiple times) then you should back it up.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:23:49 PM

The conception of DRK was illegitimate, I will not buy it for this reason alone.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 256 »
  Print  

Jump to: