Bitcoin Forum
September 07, 2024, 08:56:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Its shocking and depressing to read BOTS made bitcoin boom!  (Read 4576 times)
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:00:02 PM

If you really think that ONE bot on ONE exchange is capable of being the major (or one of the major) cause of a bubble like that you are a poor fool.

What about the huge volume on the other exchanges aside from mtgox?
The panic buys were real. The chinese buying were real. The (media) hype was real.
If willy had any impact it was only to facilitate and accelerate the process of the bitcoin november bubble, with a maybe slightly more dramatic effect.

Surprise for the permabears: price doesn't give a flying  about this willy thing (and believe me, it would have crashed by now if it did) . And in fact it is headed to $600, which could be reached today or tomorrow.
Wandererfromthenorth

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:03:17 PM

It was probably the way the Mtgox bitcoins were stolen.
If it was Karpeles, why changing his user ID to the same as his own account "MagicalTux"?   You gotta be an idiot to do such a sloppy work.
I don't think whoever pulled this whole willy thing can be called an idiot.
RUEHL

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:09:23 PM

Willie account was posted at least 4 months ago on Reddit  HERE and HERE with the suspicious trading activity and potentially inflated prices.

Article is lifted from old material, although well pieced together with pictures and charts.

It's old news, market has already priced it in.

Donate BTC: 1FzpMgR34pJbEqtiMEujRiidoL7PgGPaUH
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:10:30 PM

It was probably the way the Mtgox bitcoins were stolen.
If it was Karpeles, why changing his user ID to the same as his own account "MagicalTux"?   You gotta be an idiot to do such a sloppy work.
I don't think whoever pulled this thing can be called an idiot.

Well it could be a mix of idiot and arrogance, which kind of matches karples perfectly.

more or less retired.
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:23:05 PM

If you really think that ONE bot on ONE exchange is capable of being the major (or one of the major) cause of a bubble like that you are a poor fool.

The panic buys were real. The chinese buying were real. The (media) hype was real.
If willy had any impact it was only to facilitate and accelerate the process of the bitcoin november bubble, with a maybe slightly more dramatic effect.

Surprise for the permabears: price doesn't give a flying  about this willy thing (and believe me, it would have crashed by now if it did) . And in fact it is headed to $600, which could be reached today or tomorrow.

i think it is possible arbitrage could explain that price rise across all exchange
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:24:10 PM

Willie account was posted at least 4 months ago on Reddit  HERE and HERE with the suspicious trading activity and potentially inflated prices.

Article is lifted from old material, although well pieced together with pictures and charts.

How exactly willie story is disproved? or proved?

because both can have a lot of effect over the market
helmax

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:56:38 PM

I think we all know the value of bitcoin
It was never real even now
We all know that there is someone playing with price

looking job
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:58:49 PM

How exactly willie story is disproved? or proved?

because both can have a lot of effect over the market

Likely it will never be proved or disproved as even though you could theoretically prove it was from inside Gox you can't prove they were operating them or knew.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:44:52 PM

STOP spreading FUD. Who cares what caused the price increase 6 months ago. Do you really want to sabotage the market or what? Do you want your coins to be worth less?

I like how you say stop spreading FUD, then you go right on to trying to suppress facts or a dialogue from happening. Talk about a close minded idiot, you are spreading F'ING BS by even posting here.
jc01480

Activity: 854

Nope..

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:03:34 PM

Are there bots working the chain right now?
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:04:52 PM

Yeah Shamu this time
jc01480

Activity: 854

Nope..

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:11:21 PM

Yeah Shamu this time

Shamu is a killer!
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1111

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:13:48 PM

i think it is possible arbitrage could explain that price rise across all exchange

How could one arbitrage if no one could withdraw fiat (in massive amount, millions of dollar per day) from gox?

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:17:31 PM

How could one arbitrage if no one could withdraw fiat (in massive amount, millions of dollar per day) from gox?

From the reports it seems that those who instantly needed withdrawals were given fiat available because there are lot of fiat deposits from the long term holders...this could go as long as say 20% were arbitraging traders, but when everybody asks their fiat at the same time, then the problem arises
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:18:18 PM

Wandererfromthenorth

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:45:32 PM

LMAO!
helmax

Activity: 440

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:21:03 PM

funny but sad !

looking job
JPred

Activity: 392

my magic is growing strong[er]

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:28:52 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 05:39:25 PM by JPred

It's a crazy world we're living in. Shocked

...unless we love the truth, we cannot know it.”
― Blaise Pascal

FREEDOM
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:31:06 PM

I fail to understand the point in this whole discussion.  While stabilization in the Bitcoin price is important for it as a currency it is traded.  Trading drives prices up and down.  Who cares who it is done as long as it is not a hack.

Stabilization is not "important" at all for BTC. Fiat debt is at insane levels and Bitcoin will be a popular safe haven as paper money becomes trash. Expect and enjoy volatility, since "stability" (vs fiat) is not a long-term option.

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 05:42:19 PM

No i think current price cannot sustain if all the price rise was because of the tradingbot...
You're right, the current price cannot sustain, because Bitcoin today is under-valued by 9999%.

Fiat debt is at insane levels and Bitcoin will be a popular safe haven as paper money becomes trash. Expect and enjoy volatility, since "stability" (vs fiat) is not a long-term option.
QFT, the fiat house of cards will be collapsing soon. You don't want to have your money there when it does.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: