Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:34:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30  (Read 308306 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BRADLEYPLOOF

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:49:33 PM

I have 3 gridseed 5 chip units.  2 of them work with no HW at freq 875, and the other seems to work best at 850...is there a way to set the frequency of that particular Gridseed to 850?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 02:53:49 PM

I have 3 gridseed 5 chip units.  2 of them work with no HW at freq 875, and the other seems to work best at 850...is there a way to set the frequency of that particular Gridseed to 850?

Yes, run BFGMiner with the -d? argument to list the Path and Serial number of each device. Then use one of those with the --set argument, e.g.:

Code:
--set gsd@serial1:clock=850 --set gsd@serial2:clock=875

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
E-TARD

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 05:24:14 AM

yo Luke-Jr
I just moved over to BFGMiner v4.1.0 & it keeps telling me btcguild.com is dead when I know its not
I have restarted it over & over & sometime it will work but for only like 1min & then it comes back with pool dead.
It does work on trc.royalminingco.com & I have been on there all day.

I don't know whats going on but bfgminer-3.10.0 did not do this. & I may have to move back to it or try 4.0.0 or 3.10.2 or 3.10.1

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:33:01 AM

yo Luke-Jr
I just moved over to BFGMiner v4.1.0 & it keeps telling me btcguild.com is dead when I know its not
I have restarted it over & over & sometime it will work but for only like 1min & then it comes back with pool dead.

I don't know whats going on but bfgminer-3.10.0 did not do this. & I may have to move back to it or try 4.0.0 or 3.10.2 or 3.10.1
Try adding #notls to the BTCGuild URI.
Unfortunately, they just leave the connection open and silent when BFGMiner attempts to negotiate TLS (if they errored or disconnected, it'd immediately retry).
Without #notls to disable TLS, it should still timeout after a minute (but this needs to happen again after the reconnect...)

E-TARD

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 06:24:26 AM

yo Luke-Jr

Unfortunately, they just leave the connection open and silent when BFGMiner attempts to negotiate TLS (if they errored or disconnected, it'd immediately retry).
Without #notls to disable TLS, it should still timeout after a minute (but this needs to happen again after the reconnect...)

I added it
"url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.btcguild.com:3333#notls",
not sure if that's where I'm to put it
but it did work & I was getting work from the pool but
then I started getting this
"Rejected untracked stratum share from pool 0"
the pool Diff was stuck at 1 & btcguild does not use 1.
this is just not working for btcguild.
I will just have to roll back   Sad

but thanks for your time & help Luke-Jr.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:28:30 AM

yo Luke-Jr

I added it

Hrm, strange. Can you try bisecting it?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626361.msg6964942#msg6964942

E-TARD

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 07:17:59 AM

yo Luke-Jr

I added it

ok I did it, I'm not sure what bisecting is...
Am I to download the "Builds"??
if yes there for windows I use Gentoo Linux.
E-TARD

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 05:38:01 PM

Well for sha256 mining bfgminer v3.10.2 likes me more   Smiley

Also BFGMiner v4.1.0 for GPU scrypt mining was craping out,
it would work for a bit & then the shares would just stop, GPU would keep going & everything would be fine & no shares would be submitted to the pool for many HRs,
so looks like I will have to roll that back as well.

I am going to be getting two 5chip Gridseed Dualminer Scrypt + SHA256 soon &
I hope  BFGMiner v4.1.0 works well with it. I really don't want to use the cgminer fork, blah.

but anyways thank you Luke-Jr for putting the time in to making BFGminer.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:40:07 PM

yo Luke-Jr

I added it

ok I did it, I'm not sure what bisecting is...
Am I to download the "Builds"??
if yes there for windows I use Gentoo Linux.

In that case, please see http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Tools-Debugging-with-Git#Binary-Search

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:47:33 PM

Please bisect any problems you have, as 3.10 won't be maintained forever... Wink

I am going to be getting two 5chip Gridseed Dualminer Scrypt + SHA256 soon &
I hope  BFGMiner v4.1.0 works well with it. I really don't want to use the cgminer fork, blah.
SHA2 is not supported for these, only scrypt.

E-TARD

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 06:18:13 PM

Please bisect any problems you have, as 3.10 won't be maintained forever... Wink
or I can just w8 for btcguild to get off there but & get there shit fixed (I did email them) other pools work fine with v4.1.0 or I w8 for the next bfgminer update & hope it all works out.  Roll Eyes

"SHA2 is not supported for these, only scrypt."
Well then it looks like I will have to use the cgminer fork  Sad  Cry
ecki77

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:41:22 PM

Well... I am quite new to this and started with my gridseed 3550 asic just today.
So please be patient if I ask silly questions.

I installed the gridseed on my windows 7 machine via USB and I see the gridseed installed as COM3.
When I start the bfgminer.exe I am prompted to enter the URL, worker name and password.

After that I can enter the device manager and try to add my gridseed. I use the example provided in the device manager and enter "erupter:\\.\COM3"

The bfgminer gives me then the message: "failed to sanity check in lowl-vcom.c windows_usb_get_string():392"

What did I do wrong?
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 12:42:10 AM

I installed the gridseed on my windows 7 machine via USB and I see the gridseed installed as COM3.

What did I do wrong?

On Windows you'll need to install a make-shift CDC driver for the GridSeed ASICs. This is basically an unsigned, hand-crafted INF file that allows Windows to recognize the device properly.

Note that, depending on the version of Windows, you'll need to Google steps that let you install unsigned drivers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w06b7nj1f07lv29/Windows_ASIC_CDC_Drivers.zip

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
E-TARD

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 04:04:44 AM

What did I do wrong?

On Windows you'll need to install a make-shift CDC driver for the GridSeed ASICs. This is basically an unsigned, hand-crafted INF file that allows Windows to recognize the device properly.

Note that, depending on the version of Windows, you'll need to Google steps that let you install unsigned drivers.

would that be the same as this? http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257938
vm_mpn

Activity: 605

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:10:22 AM

My apology if this has been discussed already but is there a way in BFGminer to autodetect connected gridseeds or being able to specify mix of minis (5 chips) and Blades (40 chips)? I'm trying to fine-tune my HASHRA Controla to recognize both types of devices but it looks like I can only set one number - either 5 or 40 under define.php define('CHIP_AMOUNT' , x);

Many thanks in advance
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 03:52:18 PM

My apology if this has been discussed already but is there a way in BFGminer to autodetect connected gridseeds or being able to specify mix of minis (5 chips) and Blades (40 chips)? I'm trying to fine-tune my HASHRA Controla to recognize both types of devices but it looks like I can only set one number - either 5 or 40 under define.php define('CHIP_AMOUNT' , x);

Many thanks in advance

I would check with Hashra. It really depends on how their controller software is setup. BFGMiner has no problem detected GridSeeds (be they 5 or 40 chips). Note that G-Blade support was only introduced in 4.1 a few days ago.

nwoolls

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 03:53:15 PM

would that be the same as this? http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257938

No, they are not the same.

absy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:27:50 PM

i am newbie to mine on hardware.. is there any chance to reduce my electricity cost and hardware problems? any suggestions

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
vm_mpn

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:48:49 PM

Many thanks in advance

I would check with Hashra. It really depends on how their controller software is setup. BFGMiner has no problem detected GridSeeds (be they 5 or 40 chips). Note that G-Blade support was only introduced in 4.1 a few days ago.

Yes, Thank You NW,

I have been able to compile BFGMiner 4 on my Raspi and it does recognize both types of gridseeds and hashing just fine but it brakes communication with Hashra Controla which essentially becomes useless. Will be waiting for Hashra to possibly upgrade their firmware integration with bfgminer 4, or wait for Minera to implement BFGminer 4 integration. For now I can use native Hashra Blade Controla 1.4.6.1 with BFGminer 3 - it's not pretty but it will do. Thanks again!
vm_mpn

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:54:29 PM

i am newbie to mine on hardware.. is there any chance to reduce my electricity cost and hardware problems? any suggestions

A, perhaps you want to post this question on mining hardware thread... This is a bit out of topic here.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: