Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:26:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30  (Read 308307 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Fuglie

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:49:27 PM

Antminer U1 Trouble....

For some reason bfgminer wont detect my U1 anymore.  The green lights are on, so there is power.  Once I do m, +, all it will blink some but then say no devices found.  I've also tried ./bfgminer -S amu:all and -S antminer:all to no avail.  Any ideas? The jalapeno is running fine though.  This just stopped working one day and now it can't seem to pick it up. 

Thanks,

Fuglie

P.S. - It might be the u1 itself....cgminer cant find the dang thing either.  But I like bfgminer more so if y'all can help that would be awesome.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benjamin6green6

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:26:40 AM

how do you get BFGMiner to see the NANOFury devices, as they are recognized by windows as a HID-compliant device. i am trying to get a miner to recognize the nanofury so it can mine with it, but i cant seem to get the program to see the HID-compliant device. please help me. i need to figure out what in the source code allows the recognition of the devices.
Tompinara

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:24:08 AM

Hello,

Trying to help a friend set up his blade in bfgminer got it running and everything.  But ocl keeps showing up as a device.  How do you disable the GPU?  He can go into settings and shut if  off there.

I use this in .bat : -S noauto -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800,usefifo=0,btc=0 --scrypt

Alberto

Thanks Alberto for the info on the startup bat.  Does the -S noauto stop the gpu from mining?

Yes

suzukii

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:24:34 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 10:41:05 PM by suzukii

Hi all.  

I'm still at it with the random no-hashing issue I keep having everyday with my Raspberry Pi & now 8 Gridseed G-blades, up from 6 G-blades, new 6FT USB Cables (down from 10 & 15 footers).  And again, I even replaced the hub with a new Turcom 24 Port USB 2.0 Monster USB HUB W/ac Adapter Power Station.

I'm still not sure if this is a BFGminer issue with too many G-blades or not.  
However, it works fine with up to 5 G-blades.

I updated BFGminer to the latest version, as of this writing, to v4.5.0.

Here are my results.

No Over-clocking used. They are setup at their "Sweet Spot" as recommended by most.  See below:

Same thing but from the Minepeon WEBUI below:

See my previous post here, with the same results.

I don't know what else to do.

I get the same thing using Multiminer with bfgminer.  It's always a different G-blade that stays stuck on zero, always & only using BFGminer since all I do is LTC mine with these.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Suzukii

(Live long & ...keep mining)

Hardware:
Avalon 200Gh/s 55nm | Raspberry Pi model B | Minepeon 0.2.4.3 (...was 0.2.5-pr2) | BFGMiner 3.10.0 | 28x Manhattan USB 2.0/3.0 powered Hub | 5x ASIC Block Erupter @333 MH/s | 3x BFL Jalapeño's Total ~232.7 GH/s
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:28:15 PM

Antminer U1 Trouble....

For some reason bfgminer wont detect my U1 anymore.  The green lights are on, so there is power.  Once I do m, +, all it will blink some but then say no devices found.  I've also tried ./bfgminer -S amu:all and -S antminer:all to no avail.  Any ideas? The jalapeno is running fine though.  This just stopped working one day and now it can't seem to pick it up. 

Thanks,

Fuglie

P.S. - It might be the u1 itself....cgminer cant find the dang thing either.  But I like bfgminer more so if y'all can help that would be awesome.
I have a U1 that acts the same way. It just dies and I need to reseat it in the USB port several times sometimes before it starts working again.. It also won't overclock very high so I just write it off as a flaky stick.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
NellyWHads

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:39:14 PM

Hey everyone,

I don't mean to intrude with a noob "how do I use this" question, but that is where this has left me.

I've been able to run bfg miner 3.10 on my PC, connectuong to my gridseeds and running them. My issue lies in getting bfg 4.4.0 (and now also 4.5.0) to recognize not only my gridseeds but also my Zeus Thunder X3. And as a note, I have admin rights, and have tried running it from the root of my C: drive as well. I have noticed (in 3.4.0 and 3.5.0) an error regarding a registry value not being read?

In any canse, I have used the correct drivers for the gridseed blades (stm electronics) and they still work fine with CPUminer (the sandor111 fork) but bfg 4.5.0/4.4.0 just won't recognize them.

As for the Zeus, I have a friend running it for me right now, but when I tried it on 4.4.0 (using the correct commands I believe) bfg refused to recognize it. Sad

If anyone can share with me the complete setup procedure (including drivers and commands on windows) for Zeus and gridseed blades (preferably in the same instance) I would be greatly appreciative. Smiley

Sorry again for the "How to" noobish post - I do some android development and understand how annoying it may be Sad

Thanks guys,
 - NellyWhads
dlasher

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 10:05:39 PM

Any chance of Bitmain S1/S2/S3 support?

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:54:15 PM

This is all kinda pending waiting on Bitmain since the S1... :/

Taugeran

Activity: 658

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:37:14 PM

Just no dev unit? Or no source to go off?

If I can get a MIPS compiler setup in a Linux VM tonight I would be willing to at least start poking around

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:41:14 PM

If I can get a MIPS compiler setup in a Linux VM tonight I would be willing to at least start poking around
They did send a dev S1, but no docs, and the source is essentially useless Sad

hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:06:53 AM

They have a Github acct. and were supposed to have posted the open code somewhere for people who bought chips, access to S1 controller boards was also stated as part of the chip deal. One thing holding me back from buying S1/S3 is I would prefer to use BFG Miner. Maybe a request sent thru the github repo would get a response from Bitmain.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:39:40 AM

They have a Github acct. and were supposed to have posted the open code somewhere for people who bought chips, access to S1 controller boards was also stated as part of the chip deal. One thing holding me back from buying S1/S3 is I would prefer to use BFG Miner. Maybe a request sent thru the github repo would get a response from Bitmain.
They have code, but it isn't useful - besides being poorly written and hard to read, it's just code, and doesn't tell you the underlying logic in the chips and controller.
Documentation and/or interaction with someone who knows these things is somewhat necessary, else there are many days of reverse engineering work to be done. Sad
Note that if you're making your own boards with their chips, that's mostly unrelated to S1-S3 driver support; even if S1-S3 were supported, it's not necessarily going to "just work" with any other PCB using the same chips.
On the other hand, that may be a good thing for you: you don't need their driver either. But we'd still need some kind of documentation for the chips...

nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 01:06:36 AM

They have code, but it isn't useful - besides being poorly written and hard to read, it's just code, and doesn't tell you the underlying logic in the chips and controller.
Documentation and/or interaction with someone who knows these things is somewhat necessary, else there are many days of reverse engineering work to be done. Sad
Note that if you're making your own boards with their chips, that's mostly unrelated to S1-S3 driver support; even if S1-S3 were supported, it's not necessarily going to "just work" with any other PCB using the same chips.
On the other hand, that may be a good thing for you: you don't need their driver either. But we'd still need some kind of documentation for the chips...

FWIW I am in discussions with Bitmain again trying to get proper documentation from them. I'll post an update once I have something.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Taugeran

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:13:40 AM

At least from my diggings on an S1 the ASICS are "hidden" behind a PIC uC connected via USB that is programmed by Linux at boot up. The code for the uC isn't available afaik. Just a binary blob

And each blade is chained off of that uC via serial protocol (UART if I remember correctly)

And the mining software communicates with the pick to send and receive results

Bm1380 datasheet: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AntMiner/AntGen1/master/datasheet/BM1380_Datasheet.pdf

Controller board altium files:

https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1/tree/master/PCB

Come join Coinbase
bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:35:01 AM

Hi all.  

I'm still at it with the random no-hashing issue I keep having everyday with my Raspberry Pi & now 8 Gridseed G-blades, up from 6 G-blades, new 6FT USB Cables (down from 10 & 15 footers).  And again, I even replaced the hub with a new Turcom 24 Port USB 2.0 Monster USB HUB W/ac Adapter Power Station.

I'm still not sure if this is a BFGminer issue with too many G-blades or not.  
However, it works fine with up to 5 G-blades.

I updated BFGminer to the latest version, as of this writing, to v4.5.0.

I don't know what else to do.

I get the same thing using Multiminer with bfgminer.  It's always a different G-blade that stays stuck on zero, always & only using BFGminer since all I do is LTC mine with these.

Any suggestions?

I have only 2 g-blades running but i seen this often before, the only way i could get the 0 hashing away was after i turned power off on the failing one and power it back up.
But i am not sure if it would work for you, my gridseeds was from early batches and allways been a pain in the behind to get and keep them running.

I stopped buying from zeusminer and gridseed since i do not really like how these companies handle problems they caused.
A defect gridseed blade blew up a 1500 dollar pc and they simply stay silent nor respond to this issue.
Zeusminer send me some small miners which are crap because of the brutal handling by packaging or transport but they act exactly like minereu indeed nothing.
Sonya

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:04:25 PM

Antminer U1 Trouble....

Thanks,

Fuglie

I have a U1 that acts the same way. It just dies and I need to reseat it in the USB port several times sometimes before it starts working again.. It also won't overclock very high so I just write it off as a flaky stick.

I've had that problem too. Sometimes switching hubs helps.
Taugeran

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:39:10 AM

Hi, NF2 and/or NF6 owners!

I'm currently running some Antminer U2s and in the .BAT or .Conf file I can auto-initialize them at BFGminer start up to whatever speed I want them to run (overclock).  From what info I've run across, it appears as though that doesn't work with Nano Fury, instead it's necessary to wait for them to warm up for perhaps five minutes and then enter 'M'anage devices and manually adjust the two digit speed setting.  I just want to verify this is the case, specifically for the NF6 (expecting some to arrive shortly), but I'm supposing it's the same for NF2.  Is there a way to auto set them at BFGminer startup?

Thanks for any help!  Smiley

Just a heads up you need to keep all the chips in a NF6 at the same speed or you'll melt it

Come join Coinbase
casanova1012

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:40:07 AM

How do i get these red fury's to work with bfg miner?
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:07:11 AM

Hi, NF2 and/or NF6 owners!

I'm currently running some Antminer U2s and in the .BAT or .Conf file I can auto-initialize them at BFGminer start up to whatever speed I want them to run (overclock).  From what info I've run across, it appears as though that doesn't work with Nano Fury, instead it's necessary to wait for them to warm up for perhaps five minutes and then enter 'M'anage devices and manually adjust the two digit speed setting.  I just want to verify this is the case, specifically for the NF6 (expecting some to arrive shortly), but I'm supposing it's the same for NF2.  Is there a way to auto set them at BFGminer startup?

Thanks for any help!  Smiley

Just a heads up you need to keep all the chips in a NF6 at the same speed or you'll melt it
Thanks dude,

Will take your hint, any further initialization info is appreciated!   Smiley

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
dansanti

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:26:24 AM

Hi! i get errors when i tried with stratum+tcp:// pool,i get  Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to add a port, or have not set up workers
 i just upgrade from ubuntu 12.04 (here work fine) to ubuntu 14.04, and compile on it the latest version from github.

any idea why stratum don't work on ubuntu 14.04 (http works fine)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: