Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:25:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30  (Read 308306 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tripzero

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:14:43 PM

I've got a couple BFL monarchs and using bfgminer 4.8.  At first both monarchs worked fine.  Later, bfgminer stopped and I had to restart it.  I couldn't bring up one of the monarchs after that.  Bfgminer reports:

"[2014-09-13 09:35:54] ModMiner detect: no response to version request from /dev/ttyUSB0""

The other monarch still works fine.  I've rebooted several times and even tried downgrading bfgminer to 4.7.  No luck.  Any suggestions?  Is there a "hello world" command I can toss at the device using "screen" (screen /dev/ttyUSB 9600?) or "echo" just to see if the device is alive?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
felixthecat

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:18:11 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 10:46:58 PM by felixthecat

Hey Luke,

Have you made any progress with the S1 drivers?  There are a few guys trying to get an S1 blade to work with BFGMiner or CGMiner; in the later pages they are either seeing errors or all 32 chips aren't running:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=671128.140

Bryan

No, I was waiting on docs...
It's interesting that it even begins to work with that driver at all.
Any idea what the real S1 host system is using for its USB chipset? The VID/PID doesn't come up in /usr/src/linux Sad

Thanks for the reply...

If you go to the link I believe that are using a UART adapter. The hardware guy is going to buid a prototype to control 4 or 8 blades.

The USB chipset I do believe you are looking for is http://am.renesas.com/products/soc/usb_assp/product/upd720114/index.jsp I sure hope this helps you out as I am dying to get rid of the POS bitmain version of cgminer on my S1's....

Linux® USB 2.0 Driver

Linux USB 2.0 driver is supported from kernel 2.4.19 or later. Kernel is updated regularly, and the problems in older version may be solved in the latest kernel. So it is desirable to use the latest one. The following URL is for your reference.

http://www.linux-usb.org

For Kernel 2.4.26 patch, refer to this page.
J4bberwock

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:20:52 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 08:27:38 AM by J4bberwock

Hey Luke,

Have you made any progress with the S1 drivers?  There are a few guys trying to get an S1 blade to work with BFGMiner or CGMiner; in the later pages they are either seeing errors or all 32 chips aren't running:

Bryan

Any idea what the real S1 host system is using for its USB chipset? The VID/PID doesn't come up in /usr/src/linux Sad

As far as I know, it's the pic32 chip that is doing the UART>USB job.
Using a third party USB>UART converter with cp2102 allows me to have it hashing (more or less) recognised as a U1/U2 since it's using the cp2102 too.
At the moment, only 8 chips are found with the default bfgminer build, and it seems I can't adjust frequency.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
oyhmxh

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:37:46 AM

Good job pal! Will have a test of this. Thanks!~
felixthecat

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:54:29 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 04:38:36 PM by felixthecat

Hey Luke,

Bryan

As far as I know, it's the pic32 chip that is doing the UART>USB job.
Using a third party USB>UART converter with cp2102 allows me to have it hashing (more or less) recognised as a U1/U2 since it's using the cp2102 too.
At the moment, only 8 chips are found with the default bfgminer build, and it seems I can't adjust frequency.

The USB_ID is sent from the MCU via Pin 41 to the USB controller which in turn basically the UARTS are technically two USB ports just with a couple extra things as temp and fan control.
Pins 3 RX and 5 TX on the UART with Pin 1 being Fan/Power Management and Pin 4 being ground, 6 and 7 being temperature control pin 8 is ground. So with all this mind the UART plays a dual function, hosting the USB/Power and then the temperature control settings.
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:54:03 PM

any word on technobit integration? It's the feature i've been waiting for so i can finally mine mediterranean coin.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:31:33 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 06:28:10 PM by WBF1

Need some help with load-balace setup.

I have 4 pools in my config file. I have 2 of them set to quota of zero and the other two are each set at quota of 50.

All 4 pools are enabled.

My management strategy is set to load-balance.

Expected result: each of the two "quota-50" pools gets half my hashrate unless both are dead in which case we fall back into priortiy mode with failover

Actual result: whatever pool has a higher priority set gets all the hashrate

NOTE: I simplified to a 2 pool setup each with a quota of 50  and I get the same actual result.

Am I thinking about this wrong? Is there a setting I missed? or is load-balance broken?

EDIT: A little more details here... I'm seeing work slowly get queued for whatever pool is lower priority, but no shares are ever submitted. Not sure if that's useful information.
Axiste

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:34:10 PM

How long are you waiting to see the load balance results?

It wont mine to both pools at the same time, it will switch between the two for an equal amount in a 24 hour period.

So it will give 100% hashrate to pool A for up to 12 hours, then 100% to pool B for the other 12 hours.

If my advice has helped you out, feel free to throw some Satoshi's my way!
BTC: 1Nq7hrRDamdnNiTBaFxEn5DuZYS9kD3tbJ
Running a Full Node Smiley
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:40:35 PM

It wont mine to both pools at the same time, it will switch between the two for an equal amount in a 24 hour period.

So it will give 100% hashrate to pool A for up to 12 hours, then 100% to pool B for the other 12 hours.
It works pretty much immediately for most devices.
"2D work" devices (Stratum proxy and Avalon2/3) do not support load balancing at this time.

Axiste

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:44:53 PM

well that shuts me down then lol

I could only report from what occurs for me with my little Antminer U1  Grin

If my advice has helped you out, feel free to throw some Satoshi's my way!
BTC: 1Nq7hrRDamdnNiTBaFxEn5DuZYS9kD3tbJ
Running a Full Node Smiley
WBF1

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:13:57 PM

"2D work" devices (Stratum proxy and Avalon2/3) do not support load balancing at this time.

ah okay I thought it somehow divided up the work.

Also, yes this is with stratum proxy so I guess load-balancing is completely out the window then right?

I guess in lieu of that, is there a command line I can use with cron to switch pools at certain times of the day? I assume it would be some command line rpc interface... just not familiar enough with that or where to start.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:19:52 PM

Also, yes this is with stratum proxy so I guess load-balancing is completely out the window then right?

I guess in lieu of that, is there a command line I can use with cron to switch pools at certain times of the day? I assume it would be some command line rpc interface... just not familiar enough with that or where to start.
There's essentially no way to do 2D work stuff with load balancing, as the devices create their own work.
Have you tried something like --rotate? You will probably need to ensure the pools change jobs at least as often as you switch between the pools...

WBF1

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:24:08 PM

There's essentially no way to do 2D work stuff with load balancing, as the devices create their own work.
Have you tried something like --rotate? You will probably need to ensure the pools change jobs at least as often as you switch between the pools...

Yeah what I was hoping to achieve was sending something like 95% of my work to my regular pool and 5% of my work to ck's solo mining "pool"... sort of playing the lottery with 5% of my hash power. I guess I could rotate at some interval with 20 pool entries, one of which was the solo pool and the other 19 are my regular pool? Is something like that even allowed, config wise? (i.e., can I have multiple pool entries with exactly the same url, user, password?)

Other than that, I was thinking a cron job to switch pools for 5% of the day would work.

This all hinges on the idea that sending work to a solo mining effort for a short period of time even makes sense.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:37:55 PM

Yeah what I was hoping to achieve was sending something like 95% of my work to my regular pool and 5% of my work to ck's solo mining "pool"... sort of playing the lottery with 5% of my hash power. I guess I could rotate at some interval with 20 pool entries, one of which was the solo pool and the other 19 are my regular pool? Is something like that even allowed, config wise? (i.e., can I have multiple pool entries with exactly the same url, user, password?)

Other than that, I was thinking a cron job to switch pools for 5% of the day would work.

This all hinges on the idea that sending work to a solo mining effort for a short period of time even makes sense.
Everything there makes sense, except using a centralised pool for solo mining.

I haven't thought it through yet, but maybe I could have quotas act as multipliers in rotate mode... so quota 2 with rotate of 5 minutes results in a 10 minute rotation time for that pool. Thoughts?

Taugeran

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:42:12 PM

seems logical

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
WBF1

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:50:03 PM

Everything there makes sense, except using a centralised pool for solo mining.

I haven't thought it through yet, but maybe I could have quotas act as multipliers in rotate mode... so quota 2 with rotate of 5 minutes results in a 10 minute rotation time for that pool. Thoughts?

That'd make sense. If you commit some changes towards that sort of setup, I can pull some code from git, compile, and test.

re: using a pool for solo mining... it just saves the hassle of setting up all that is required for solo mining on my end. Also, it's probably hosted on a faster connection etc etc etc.

Also I posted this elsewhere, but I'm still trying to determine theorhetically if say 1/8 of my hash power for 24 hrs is better or worse than 8/8 of my hash power for 3 hrs, in terms of solo mining, everything else being held equal.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:57:10 PM

re: using a pool for solo mining... it just saves the hassle of setting up all that is required for solo mining on my end.
All you have to do is run a bitcoind. Not much of a hassle. :|

Also I posted this elsewhere, but I'm still trying to determine theorhetically if say 1/8 of my hash power for 24 hrs is better or worse than 8/8 of my hash power for 3 hrs, in terms of solo mining, everything else being held equal.
Theoretically, it's all the same... only difference is variance.

Side note: I've also been working on a miner-oriented Bitcoin Core based on 0.9.x that I hope to release after 0.9.3 is out. In the meantime, the current build is at http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bitcoind/luke-jr/0.9.x/0.9.3rc2.ljr20140913/

WBF1

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:01:39 PM

re: using a pool for solo mining... it just saves the hassle of setting up all that is required for solo mining on my end.
All you have to do is run a bitcoind. Not much of a hassle. :|

Theoretically, it's all the same... only difference is variance.

Side note: I've also been working on a miner-oriented Bitcoin Core based on 0.9.x that I hope to release after 0.9.3 is out. In the meantime, the current build is at http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bitcoind/luke-jr/0.9.x/0.9.3rc2.ljr20140913/

I know but bitcoind will take more space than I'd like to devote to it on my proxy-dedicated old eeepc 701, although I do have an external HD sitting around... maybe down the line sometime.

But yeah will bfgminer freak out if i have 19 identical pool entries?
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:02:39 PM

It shouldn't...

WBF1

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:06:12 PM

It shouldn't...

okay then i'll go that route for now to get my automatic lottery entries up and running.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: