Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:42:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSING] GHash.IO mining pool official page  (Read 149383 times)
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:15:32 PM

This pool still ripping users off?  Why do people still support it?  After the double spend crap I'm surprised anyone with 1/2 a moral points a box here.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 12:48:11 AM

It could happen, but it's veryvery unlikely.

Not THAT unlikely... A quick calculation with:
* 20 PH/s of calculation power
* 77 blocks found in 10.85 days

We find that it had about 6% of chance (Assume a Poisson Distribution with lambda = 92) of having worst luck. It's bad, but not a total surprise to see it.

We are far from 0.1%--1%...

If we had the history of GHash block found with reported hashing power (Longer than what is provided), we could evaluate on longer term.. BUt for now, no alarm to hop.

A couple of points:

1. Over such a small time interval, the 95% confidence interval is quite wide - from 70 to 107 blocks. To come to a more useful conclusion, you need to use a much longer time span.

2. Your results will be inaccurate if you assume a Poisson process for something that is a non-homogenous Poisson process. Instead, you should look at the distribution of (accepted diff-1 shares) / (expected diff-1 shares) per block, which should be Erlang-distributed. This data is readily available and goes back much longer than 10 days.

Give that a try and see what the results are.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:18:15 AM

GHASH you truly are stupid fucks.
Whats the point of making someone check off refusing 2fa?
Are you saying you're responsible and will return any lost funds if the user enables 2fa?

no they are saying that if you opt out of 2fa you are an idiot..

i would never leave any coins on an exchange without 2fa enabled.
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 09:26:45 AM

are people still on this pool?

If you do the math yourselves, we ran a 2 month samples set on Ghash, and got about 20% - 30% less than what we calculated.  Over 2 months, we should expect to see less than a 10% bad luck, month over month though.

They claim to be zero fee, but don't publish there PPLN stats.  I've been on ANTPOOL with 3 petahash's now for several months after being robbed blind from Ghash.io, and I have gotten exactly what was predicted, perhaps more.  Right now pool luck for last several months is at about 102%

Like I said, we have an excel breakdown that shows the prediction of what we should have gotten vs what we got over a more than a 'week span' 60 days.  I believe it's high way robbery and you can tell this company is desperate.  Get your coins out if you have any there before they take them all when they file chapter 11.

I've stopped using them as a backup pool so it insures they don't make anything...

All your posts, literally, are all negative towards Ghash. When someone posts so much regarding the same thing over and over it makes it more hard for us to believe you. I was very skeptical when I switched to Ghash a while ago.  This was when they were like %30 of the network and everyone wouldn't shut up about a take over. See folks, it never happened. All that gossip over nothing. Anyway I ran the miners I had one month on the Guild. Just left the coin I earned right in there. Then I switched over to Ghash and ran them for the same exact days and left the coin in there. Both pools ran smooth, no outages on my end or their end. The bottom line is I earned approximately %14 more while hasing on Ghash. You can't just join a PPLS pool for a week and use your final numbers to say that Ghash is a scam or they steal your money. At LEAST 30 days you should mine at a pool to get your stats/figure. Go ahead and try your test again, and when the miners are mining on the pools don't touch them, just let them do their thing! Clean out  your hot wallet on each pool  you are going to test and test again, but at least 30 days.

Take a look at Organofcorti's mining pool stats. 

http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/2015/03/march-29th-2015-mining-pool-statistics_30.html

Ghash has been quite "unlucky" since October 2014.  Take a look at the stats for all of the other pools OoC creates.  Eclipse (BFL) and Ghash have both been strangely "unlucky".  The numbers don't lie. I used to mine on Ghash until the numbers started looking "funny". The stats, along with the ghash double spend fiasco have pretty much taken this pool off my list.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-C5ZNIUeeqpk/VPw6AAZgbJI/AAAAAAAABkk/1va1tLRLtyg/s1600/2a_profitPlot_2015-03-08.png

We mined on Ghash from April 2014, until January 2015. Our first major edition was October 15th 2015 until December 15th 2015 with 100 tera-hashes.  With the next expansion we increased to around 1 peta.  With this massive increase we recorded an estimated earnings of 336 btc per month based on current difficulties and a 10% increase per difficulty increase.  By the end of the month (mid January), we had around 265 BTC paid out by Ghash.io.  (note, we were doing NO cloud mining)

Our numbers were spot on from April until about October / November when everything got fishy.  We believed they were a trustworthy company from our experience that year.  When we added the 100 terahashes we did notice that it wasn't as much as expected, but didn't realize how bad the problem was until we were at the 1 peta level how much we were being robbed blind.

With how small the pool is now, its possible they could have such bad luck, but its hard to say. 

http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/2015/03/march-29th-2015-mining-pool-statistics_30.html

Those numbers speak volumes, based on the pools size, to have these numbers week after week, either they're robbing everyone blind or someone has a massive multi-peta hash level block withholding attacking going on.  Its been about 20% low for the last 4-6 months with no months / days even with above average luck...  Believe me if you want, I'm just amazed other people haven't done the math themselves who are long term miners.

Hey all,

We would like to clear up the situation. We are aware of the issues connected with luck on our pool. DDoS-attacks against GHash.IO affected its operation, meaning the pool didn't mine in full.
We are now examining stats of the pool operation that will be soon disclosed to the public. What we are seeing so far is that the drops of the hashrate and unluck correlate with DDoS-attacks. We have strengthened our security, and GHash.IO now has an Anti-DDoS protection provided by Voxility.
What we want most is bring back the trust of our miners who have formed a big community throughout a long period of time. We would not have covered 30% of the overall hashrate if miners hadn't believed us and hadn't liked the pool. Thereby, we are examining all the problems of the pool and searching for ways to solve the issues. We want to be fully transparent and are planning to provide extended real-time stats of the pool, even for non-logged in users.
We are proud of our key advantages, such as connection with CEX.IO (that allows mining and trading on one platform) and 0% pool fee, but we are also aware of our disadvantages, making everything possible to solve the issues and get rid of them.

Mining pools are created to join efforts, mine new Bitcoins and participate in such important thing as transaction confirmations. Mining is the core of the Bitcoin operation.

What we'd like is hear your constant feedback on your experience with GHash.IO, while we are making it better and bringing back the way it operated before unluck and DDoS-attacks. As said before, we will come back with stats soon.

Thank you.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:37:58 AM

A DDoS attack will not affect your block vs hash rate found at the pool - only affect it can have there is the success or failure of the blocks getting to the block chain.

i.e. the affect would only be if your pool software found blocks but didn't transmit them, or transmitted them REAL late.

Of course you will know if that has been happening from the start ... unless your super pool software is trash Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
cathoderay

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:54:03 AM

i.e. the affect would only be if your pool software found blocks but didn't transmit them, or transmitted them REAL late.

Which they do.

Of course you will know if that has been happening from the start ... unless your super pool software is trash Tongue

Which it is.

Bravo Kano!!  Smiley

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
Avoid manipulative Exchanges - Localbitcoins.com
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:59:31 PM

Are you saying you're responsible and will return any lost funds if the user enables 2fa?

speaking of
you have to leave something there due to their shitty withdraw policy.
You can't just zero out any balance, it must meet their limit.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 03:16:43 PM

speaking of
you have to leave something there due to their shitty withdraw policy.
You can't just zero out any balance, it must meet their limit.

They are getting hit hard now. All my miners just dropped from them.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:29:34 PM

the miners see this loss of performance and its not only luck but also the ability to trade with minimum amounts and why is that who of the users asked this Huh
Before one year they had nearly the half of all network meaning today they would have about 200Phs when they have only 15-20phs
so sorry to see this it was my favorite pool for more than 8 months but not any more...
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:50:22 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2015, 05:28:07 PM by Fatman3001

are people still on this pool?

If you do the math yourselves, we ran a 2 month samples set on Ghash, and got about 20% - 30% less than what we calculated.  Over 2 months, we should expect to see less than a 10% bad luck, month over month though.

They claim to be zero fee, but don't publish there PPLN stats.  I've been on ANTPOOL with 3 petahash's now for several months after being robbed blind from Ghash.io, and I have gotten exactly what was predicted, perhaps more.  Right now pool luck for last several months is at about 102%

Like I said, we have an excel breakdown that shows the prediction of what we should have gotten vs what we got over a more than a 'week span' 60 days.  I believe it's high way robbery and you can tell this company is desperate.  Get your coins out if you have any there before they take them all when they file chapter 11.

I've stopped using them as a backup pool so it insures they don't make anything...

All your posts, literally, are all negative towards Ghash. When someone posts so much regarding the same thing over and over it makes it more hard for us to believe you. I was very skeptical when I switched to Ghash a while ago.  This was when they were like %30 of the network and everyone wouldn't shut up about a take over. See folks, it never happened. All that gossip over nothing. Anyway I ran the miners I had one month on the Guild. Just left the coin I earned right in there. Then I switched over to Ghash and ran them for the same exact days and left the coin in there. Both pools ran smooth, no outages on my end or their end. The bottom line is I earned approximately %14 more while hasing on Ghash. You can't just join a PPLS pool for a week and use your final numbers to say that Ghash is a scam or they steal your money. At LEAST 30 days you should mine at a pool to get your stats/figure. Go ahead and try your test again, and when the miners are mining on the pools don't touch them, just let them do their thing! Clean out  your hot wallet on each pool  you are going to test and test again, but at least 30 days.

Take a look at Organofcorti's mining pool stats.  

Ghash has been quite "unlucky" since October 2014.  Take a look at the stats for all of the other pools OoC creates.  Eclipse (BFL) and Ghash have both been strangely "unlucky".  The numbers don't lie. I used to mine on Ghash until the numbers started looking "funny". The stats, along with the ghash double spend fiasco have pretty much taken this pool off my list.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-C5ZNIUeeqpk/VPw6AAZgbJI/AAAAAAAABkk/1va1tLRLtyg/s1600/2a_profitPlot_2015-03-08.png

We mined on Ghash from April 2014, until January 2015. Our first major edition was October 15th 2015 until December 15th 2015 with 100 tera-hashes.  With the next expansion we increased to around 1 peta.  With this massive increase we recorded an estimated earnings of 336 btc per month based on current difficulties and a 10% increase per difficulty increase.  By the end of the month (mid January), we had around 265 BTC paid out by Ghash.io.  (note, we were doing NO cloud mining)

Our numbers were spot on from April until about October / November when everything got fishy.  We believed they were a trustworthy company from our experience that year.  When we added the 100 terahashes we did notice that it wasn't as much as expected, but didn't realize how bad the problem was until we were at the 1 peta level how much we were being robbed blind.

With how small the pool is now, its possible they could have such bad luck, but its hard to say.  

Those numbers speak volumes, based on the pools size, to have these numbers week after week, either they're robbing everyone blind or someone has a massive multi-peta hash level block withholding attacking going on.  Its been about 20% low for the last 4-6 months with no months / days even with above average luck...  Believe me if you want, I'm just amazed other people haven't done the math themselves who are long term miners.

Hey all,

We would like to clear up the situation. We are aware of the issues connected with luck on our pool. DDoS-attacks against GHash.IO affected its operation, meaning the pool didn't mine in full.
We are now examining stats of the pool operation that will be soon disclosed to the public. What we are seeing so far is that the drops of the hashrate and unluck correlate with DDoS-attacks. We have strengthened our security, and GHash.IO now has an Anti-DDoS protection provided by Voxility.
What we want most is bring back the trust of our miners who have formed a big community throughout a long period of time. We would not have covered 30% of the overall hashrate if miners hadn't believed us and hadn't liked the pool. Thereby, we are examining all the problems of the pool and searching for ways to solve the issues. We want to be fully transparent and are planning to provide extended real-time stats of the pool, even for non-logged in users.
We are proud of our key advantages, such as connection with CEX.IO (that allows mining and trading on one platform) and 0% pool fee, but we are also aware of our disadvantages, making everything possible to solve the issues and get rid of them.

Mining pools are created to join efforts, mine new Bitcoins and participate in such important thing as transaction confirmations. Mining is the core of the Bitcoin operation.

What we'd like is hear your constant feedback on your experience with GHash.IO, while we are making it better and bringing back the way it operated before unluck and DDoS-attacks. As said before, we will come back with stats soon.

Thank you.

This doesn't make sense. Either you are lying or you don't know what you're doing. You don't get DDOS'd for six months or so and not notice. Maybe you're trying to make it seem to new users like the recent attacks is our main issue with the pool. IDK. But the proof is in the pudding, and so far nothing has changed. Performance is still below what should be expected. Why not do it properly and openly charge a 1% or 2% fee, instead of fudging the numbers for a 20% covert fee?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Repunza

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 11:37:24 AM

^^^ Well said... I and a few others warned about Ghash a while back. They are crooks and should be avoided. Why anyone still mines there I can't understand. Ghash are ran by rogues...
armedmilitia

Activity: 562
Merit: 506

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 04:28:59 AM

It seems like a block witholding attack could be the cause here. There's a lot of people hating ghash.io, for good reasons, so I figure that this is a pretty decent theory. A block witholding attack could make it look like ghash is 'skimming off the top' when it really isn't. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
kano
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:16:59 AM

Doubt it.

Greater than 10% block withholding attack on a pool for many months ...

Likelihood ... ~0 unless ghash has no idea what they are doing.

10% of the blocks, of a pool that's 10% of the network, for 1 month, is >440 blocks lost per month.
So a pool with those numbers would have miners who have submitted >440 blocks worth of shares in a month with no (or few) blocks found by them ...
Yeah I think that would be obvious who the miners were ...

Of course their luck was often worse than 10% low and their network % was above 10% a lot of the time ... so you can increase that 440 number and make it even less likely.

However, still assuming only 10% below luck, that also implies that more than 10% of the pool was not their own CEX hardware.
i.e. if 20% of the pool was non CEX, then 50% of miners were blockwithholding ... ... ...

Yeah I can't see any of that panning out as why their luck was so low ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:09:19 AM

Yall' need to face the reality that the network has grown and ghash hasn't.<<< PERIOD...<<<  The network has grown and ghash hasn't.
It's the same growing pain that most any of the other WELL ESTABLISHED POOLS have gone/going thru.
Personally, I choose not to use this pool, but, alarmist be damn'd STAY THE FUCK AWAY from the pools I do choose to use. A well run pool PAYS when money is DUE.
 If you think your being short changed then MOVE ON.
OTHERWISE
STFUP!
armedmilitia

Activity: 562
Merit: 506

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 02:28:34 PM

Doubt it.

Greater than 10% block withholding attack on a pool for many months ...

Likelihood ... ~0 unless ghash has no idea what they are doing.

10% of the blocks, of a pool that's 10% of the network, for 1 month, is >440 blocks lost per month.
So a pool with those numbers would have miners who have submitted >440 blocks worth of shares in a month with no (or few) blocks found by them ...
Yeah I think that would be obvious who the miners were ...

Of course their luck was often worse than 10% low and their network % was above 10% a lot of the time ... so you can increase that 440 number and make it even less likely.

However, still assuming only 10% below luck, that also implies that more than 10% of the pool was not their own CEX hardware.
i.e. if 20% of the pool was non CEX, then 50% of miners were blockwithholding ... ... ...

Yeah I can't see any of that panning out as why their luck was so low ...

That's fair, I wasn't aware the discrepancy being that big. It also doesn't make economic sense for the attacker--if they're responsible for a 10% decrease in ghash's luck, they will then receive a 10% decrease in payouts just like every other miner. They'd have to eat a 1100 BTC loss per month. That's a metric fuckton of cash. 

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 11:55:03 AM

Remember people, when other pool operators come into another pool's thread and spread FUD, please think about why they are doing that.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:05:38 PM

Remember people, when other pool operators come into another pool's thread and spread FUD, please think about why they are doing that.

Lulz an explanation about why ghash.io's luck is unlikely to be a withholding attack and you call it FUD?
Clearly you had a bad day and decided to take it out on me twice for no reason.
Ever so politely ... Go fuck yourself Smiley

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 12:23:27 PM

Lulz an explanation about why ghash.io's luck is unlikely to be a withholding attack and you call it FUD?
Clearly you had a bad day and decided to take it out on me twice for no reason.
Ever so politely ... Go fuck yourself Smiley

Kano, unzip, pull out and start blowing. Being polite. Smiley

bomberb17

Activity: 771
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:49:17 PM

Something's wrong with the pool for the last few hours. My mining speed on the pool shows 0 even though I have my miner working on it...
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 12:52:18 PM

Something's wrong with the pool for the last few hours. My mining speed on the pool shows 0 even though I have my miner working on it...

Another DDOS attack most likely. Other pools want the hashing power, so the only way they can really get it is to give someone a couple BTC and tell them go commando on the pool. They are all competing against each other, and unfortunately it will be pool wars day in and day out here. Too bad. How I miss the GPU days where everyone actually helped each other.

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: