Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:24:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ZenMiner (unmoderated) service discussion thread  (Read 27915 times)
cmilian

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:19:51 PM

That power brick they give you with this gets super-hot!

I use those power bricks to cut the cable as use them on my Switched Power Supply.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 09:42:47 PM

Anyone have some screenshot of the zenMiner in action, hashing away with GAW hardware?

This guy did a neat job.

Thanks!  I rushed through it to get it up but I'm impressed with how easy it was.  Definitely a 1.0 product but I like it so far.  Here's what I would like to see:

1) Active Pool notification - I don't know what pool my miners are pointed at.
2) Hashrate graphs
3) Notification center if a miner goes down (even if I have 2-3 connected to 1 zenminer)
4) Multi pool support for multiple miners - The ability to point different asics at different pools within the same zenminer device.

yeah certainly very basic at this point. I was hoping you could already assign pools to devices...

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
mook663

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:32:58 PM

Looks like the UI has been upgraded a bit! It now contains pool results (Accepted Shares/Rejected Shares/Discarded/Stale/Diff1 Work/Get Failures/Remote Failures) on the Miner screen.

It's a start in the right direction.
ktmracing03

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:52:16 PM

Looks like the UI has been upgraded a bit! It now contains pool results (Accepted Shares/Rejected Shares/Discarded/Stale/Diff1 Work/Get Failures/Remote Failures) on the Miner screen.

Must be nice....my sd card in my zenminer came with the NOOBS image. I have spent the last 6 hours trying to get this "plug and play" system set up. After a couple of hours I was able to get the image from GAW, so far I am not impressed as no one even knows the user name and password for the image. I was able to figure it out but still cannot get my miner to register with the code. Is anyone else having any issues like this?
mook663

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:06:09 AM

Yeah, according to Eric there is no root access to the device with the zenMiner software loaded onto the Pi so the username/password are pretty useless.
ktmracing03

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:08:50 AM

Must be nice....my sd card in my zenminer came with the NOOBS image. I have spent the last 6 hours trying to get this "plug and play" system set up. After a couple of hours I was able to get the image from GAW, so far I am not impressed as no one even knows the user name and password for the image. I was able to figure it out but still cannot get my miner to register with the code. Is anyone else having any issues like this?

....and now after dealing with zensupport all day they simply handed the issue off to GAW saying its the responsibility of GAW not theirs. Makes sense since this is a Zenminer Controller  Roll Eyes
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:11:08 AM

Dudes, just do what's listed here for now and wait for the Zen service to mature a bit more: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=628615.msg6999386#msg6999386
ktmracing03

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:16:37 AM

Dudes, just do what's listed here for now and wait for the Zen service to mature a bit more: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=628615.msg6999386#msg6999386

Sending the controller out without an image is unsat. I understand the service just launched, but seriously sending out a unit with the raspberry noobs image...wtf
zenMiner_Eric

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 12:17:01 AM

....and now after dealing with zensupport all day they simply handed the issue off to GAW saying its the responsibility of GAW not theirs. Makes sense since this is a Zenminer Controller  Roll Eyes

As previously mentioned in our emails exchanged, we support the hardware and the service. But the configuration is specific to each retailer. In this case, GAW provided the wrong image by mistake. I apoligize for the inconvenience, but I am sure that GAW Miners will do whatever it takes to make it right. Once you receive your new properly configured unit, I assure you I will support its connectivity to our service til the day its last hash is calculated.
ktmracing03

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:25:28 AM

....and now after dealing with zensupport all day they simply handed the issue off to GAW saying its the responsibility of GAW not theirs. Makes sense since this is a Zenminer Controller  Roll Eyes

As previously mentioned in our emails exchanged, we support the hardware and the service. But the configuration is specific to each retailer. In this case, GAW provided the wrong image by mistake. I apoligize for the inconvenience, but I am sure that GAW Miners will do whatever it takes to make it right. Once you receive your new properly configured unit, I assure you I will support its connectivity to our service til the day its last hash is calculated.

I understand GAW may have made the mistake, but I have now lost 7 hours of mining time with this "plug and play" system so you can understand my frustration.
zenMiner_Eric

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 12:28:27 AM

I understand GAW may have made the mistake, but I have now lost 7 hours of mining time with this "plug and play" system so you can understand my frustration.

I certainly do understand... As a miner myself, I prevent downtime at all costs... But sometimes that means a creative solution while I work out my preferred method Smiley I know that doesn't make things right at this very moment, but I will forward this information to GAW as well to further assist you in getting a replacement unit.
ktmracing03

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:36:12 AM

I certainly do understand... As a miner myself, I prevent downtime at all costs... But sometimes that means a creative solution while I work out my preferred method Smiley I know that doesn't make things right at this very moment, but I will forward this information to GAW as well to further assist you in getting a replacement unit.

I am trying to be creative, unfortunately I dont have an additional pc to run my new miner on, and I am not proficient enough to setup linux on my pi.
rawtashk

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:58:53 AM

I am trying to be creative, unfortunately I dont have an additional pc to run my new miner on, and I am not proficient enough to setup linux on my pi.

Just use it on your normal PC until the image problem gets fixed.  That's what I'm doing with mine. I had the same issue of not having the image on my Pi.
rawtashk

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:06:25 AM

And the info post!

The site is here:

http://zenminer.com/

Keep in mind, and this isn't being snarky, the homepage contents are changing daily as they update things, but we'll update here as things are updated online.  It is a new service so they're likely kicking the tires a bit on everything

Terms and conditions: n/a

Support contact: support@zenminer.com, or you can follow the link at the top of the site

Standalone software: https://gawminers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202184744-cgminer-source-and-config

And... this is all I've got right now.  Please update this thread with your experiences using ZenMiner.com as well as your thoughts on the service.  Also, in the name of transparency this is an unmoderated thread (community forum and all), but please do stay objective.  Try to only comment on tangible things (like statistics, concrete service enhancements or problems, being told one thing then another happens), etc., since the goal is to openly and actively discuss the service so users can get the most out of it.

Thanks community!

Edit (5/28): Updated support email, looks like this one is accurate per the website.

Edit (5/28): Added placeholder for software download link when available.  Software link available, testing build shortly.  Builds!  Just need device to test.

You got that Pi software? Mine came without the ZenMiner image on it
joshahouck

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:30:12 AM

Everything works great so far, easy setup! I guess it helped not getting my package until after the zenminer system updates.
I do have one question. I must be missing something obvious, how do I switch between the 2 pools on my lists  Huh
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:31:20 AM

Yeah, according to Eric there is no root access to the device with the zenMiner software loaded onto the Pi so the username/password are pretty useless.

Login is root/gawminers. Smiley

There's a couple of python scripts running as daemons that run that spawn the cgminer and communicate with zenminers.com, you need to disable start01 and startserver if you don't want to use their stuff.

initctl stop start01
initctl stop startserver

Now you can run screen -R to open the existing cgminer instance. CTRL-C to kill it, now start a new screen and run a new cgminer with whatever options you want. It's basically the same as running your own Pi now but with a pre-installed OS and cgminer supporting the GAWminers.
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:32:49 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 07:45:19 AM by kebabman

Everything works great so far, easy setup! I guess it helped not getting my package until after the zenminer system updates.
I do have one question. I must be missing something obvious, how do I switch between the 2 pools on my lists  Huh

I don't think you can currently, looking at the config file that gets pushed down it just takes them in order so the first is your primary pool with the others as backups. If you want to change the order you need to remove them and add them again to get the new order in the UI, then the config change will get pushed to the miners.

I think the ZenController is a really cool idea, a lot of people will find it invaluable, it's just maybe not quite ready for prime time at the moment. That said, being an 'IT guy' myself I really don't want a managed offering though no matter how good, I like to tinker and that requires root access, hopefully I will still be able to get the firmware updates through another route.
Mad Macs

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:17:56 AM

I've tried several different pools and all but 1 report major reject %.  Like 10-20%.  LTCRabbit is the only one that I have around .3% reject rate.  Since I use the zenminer, how can I troubleshoot this since I can't actually control the device?
AR15usr

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:12:12 PM

Yes I’m seeing a 40% reject rate!
milesbitcoin

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:19:26 PM

Yes I’m seeing a 40% reject rate!

Make sure that the pool has vardiff. If the diff is not at the right level you will see a lot of rejects.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: