Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 08:23:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 [848] 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 ... 1627 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483669 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:26:40 AM

Re: PoS

I don't know what Dan's opinion is, but if a service is not interested in adopting BTC, they are almost certainly not going to use XC.  I appreciate you agreeing with my post (and relatedly appreciate the work you do), but I'm not sure you read my post carefully as a central point is that PoS is a (nearly) complete waste of time.  PoS is offered by large, slow moving corps to boring retailers and used by clueless consumers.  It's pretty much the worst channel to target with a cutting edge CC.  

Good targets are channels and services that have adopted BTC but would be significantly better off with an anonymous currency.  This is dark markets, internet payment platforms, etc.  Decision makers at these services get CCs, and are the most likely to be receptive to XC's value proposition.

By contrast, the brick and mortar world is filled with decision makers that aren't even interested in BTC!  Anyone not interested in BTC is not interested in XC, full stop.  The advantages of XC (anonymity, potentially other features) do not COME CLOSE to overshadowing the advantages of BTC (massive existing adoption and ecosystem, name recognition, higher price stability, etc.) such that if I am not interested in BTC I might be interested in XC.  

The areas to target are areas where BTC is understood and adopted, and XC offers clear advantages or at least is an easy to offer alternative. I.e. existing internet payment platforms and any ecommerce services used by highly privacy focused users.

Yes, you're right about the cluelessness of traditional POS markets.

The thing is, this only matters if you have to integrate new tech into the POS platform.

With NFC payments, an XC mastercard, and in-app XC purchases with fiat, there'll be no need for any backend integration. So it's an incredibly efficient way to get massive market penetration, and it'll lower the barrier to entry for normal non-techie people right down to the floor.

But to my broader point about the issues with PoS, that functionality doesn't have market demand and piggy-backing on existing payment networks doesn't solve the issue (and by the way, any piggy-backing service is centralized, which we are not supposed to like).  So for example, if I am choosing between swiping my XC (mastercard) card and my normal mastercard at Target, what do I get out of using the former?  The XC mastercard service presumably debits some XC account I have to fund the dollar payment it makes, which is fine, but why is that better than just debiting an account with dollars in it?  

Is it because the XC mastercard service does not bother to confirm my identity before making dollar payments on my behalf?  That seems like it would run afoul of anti-money laundering regulations.  Even ignoring that (probably dealbreaker) issue, if I am so privacy conscious that I won't use BTC or Visa, why am I comfortable making purchases in XC in person at Target in front of a security camera?  And shouldn't I just be using actual cash at this point?

I just can't think of any situation where a user wouldn't be comfortable using BTC or Visa on a PoS terminal but WOULD be comfortable using XC.  So what is the value proposition of PoS?

Then you shouldn't touch cryptos especially cryptos with bulletproof privacy.   Stick with credit card where all of your purchasing behaviors are tracked so you can be marketed to....

So your thesis is that XC will serve people who are so worried about being marketed to based on purchase history that using BTC is not private enough?  That they are so worried that Catalina Marketing is going to do blockchain analysis to figure out how to help P&G send them an ad for diapers that BTC doesn't cut it?

Privacy is defined by yourself.   If you feel that however you spend your hard earned money is not just your own private business, then by all means, do what you feel like.   As for me, I love my privacy.  

demgains

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:40:46 AM

I have a simple request for the wallets, could you include a changelog in the download directory with upcoming wallets so we know what improvements or enhancements have been made. Sometimes its difficult to dig through this thread and find the information ourselves. It would be much more efficient and professional to just include a simple text changelog that outlines in a few phrases what is new/improved/fixed etc.

edit: nvm didnt even realize there was one in the dl package
Driv3n

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:42:26 AM

CLOAK PoSA just made all mixing coins completely obsolete

Actually XC has already implemented this feature.  Every wallet is an Xnode, but I'm sure you know that since you still hold so much XC.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:45:38 AM

blah blah blah

Actually XC has already implemented this feature.  Every wallet is an Xnode, but I'm sure you know that since you still hold so much XC.

I was hoping no one would respond to Pookie the weasel....  

infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:48:19 AM

blah blah blah blah

+1000

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
demgains

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:50:17 AM

blah blah blah

pookie is a fucktard, the equivalence of trying to reason with a mentally challenged being.

Many of us have put him on our ignore list already, the rest of you should also do the same and spare yourself the time and aggravation dealing with that imbecile.
Driv3n

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:05:44 AM

blah blah blah

Usually I wouldn't... but the cloak board is going crazy over PoSA so I just thought I'd enlighten pookie on the fact that XC is already past the testing phase and has it already integrated in the active wallet.
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:08:03 AM

Just a heads up...XC is still listed as X11Coin on Cryptsy...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
demgains

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:13:35 AM

blah blah blah

Usually I wouldn't... but the cloak board is going crazy over PoSA so I just thought I'd enlighten pookie on the fact that XC is already past the testing phase and has it already integrated in the active wallet.

XC has PoBC coming in the near future, no current time frame when exactly this will be implemented, but this could be the biggest advancement in crypto's ever.

http://xc-official.com/pobc/
Driv3n

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:18:44 AM

Just a heads up...XC is still listed as X11Coin on Cryptsy...

I just emailed them.
smokim87

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:19:35 AM

blah blah blah

SC already uses Proof of stake protocols to create anonymous transactions? Where can I see the whitepaper about it?

I found the roadmap image on XC main website and only noticed Trustless mixing for anon transactions.

Could you point me in the right direction, I must be missing something here.

Thanks.
joshbtcmint

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:22:07 AM

Teka or Synechist!

If someone can get an XC paper wallet generator up, the guys over at https://bitkee.com/ have said they would definitely add it to the site.

I love these guy's cold storage cards, they are the best ones I have ever come across, and just so happens they are a business owned by brothers like my brother and I operate.

Driv3n

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:36:00 AM

blah blah blah

SC already uses Proof of stake protocols to create anonymous transactions? Where can I see the whitepaper about it?

I found the roadmap image on XC main website and only noticed Trustless mixing for anon transactions.

Thanks.

Smokim,

XCs current feature may be slightly different, I don't know all the details of PoSA but I've owned some cloak before and do check out whats going on there from time to time.  The main similarity I see is that all XC wallets act as Xnodes for anonymizing transactions which it sounds like is the main advantage of PoSA that Cloak is working on.

Just to reiterate, I'm 100% for the advancement of crypto and keep my eye on a few of the promising ones which includes cloak.  Theres no whitepaper yet on the current XC system that I know of.  It's only been integrated for a couple of weeks and I believe all the whitepapers and in depth info will come with the Rev 3 release.
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:41:52 AM

blah blah blah

Thanks.

Smokim,

XCs current feature may be slightly different, I don't know all the details of PoSA but I've owned some cloak before and do check out whats going on there from time to time.  The main similarity I see is that all XC wallets act as Xnodes for anonymizing transactions which it sounds like is the main advantage of PoSA that Cloak is working on.

Just to reiterate, I'm 100% for the advancement of crypto and keep my eye on a few of the promising ones which includes cloak.  Theres no whitepaper yet on the current XC system that I know of.  It's only been integrated for a couple of weeks and I believe all the whitepapers and in depth info will come with the Rev 3 release.

The number of XC coins one must possess in a wallet in order for it to be considered as an XNODE has yet to be determined for public release though, if im not terribly mistaken.

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
smokim87

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:44:56 AM

blah blah blah

Thanks.

Smokim,

Thanks for the reply. Will keep an eye on this thread. I would really like to see the whitepaper on the anon feature, hoping the new features XC is coming out with are going to be closed source for the time being to avoid scamming copy cat coins.
Driv3n

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:53:53 AM

blah blah blah

Thanks.

Smokim,

The number of XC coins one must possess in a wallet in order for it to be considered as an XNODE has yet to be determined for public release though, if im not terribly mistaken.

You may be correct about that for the Rev 3 update and beyond.
Driv3n

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:56:13 AM

Thanks for the reply. Will keep an eye on this thread. I would really like to see the whitepaper on the anon feature, hoping the new features XC is coming out with are going to be closed source for the time being to avoid scamming copy cat coins.

I'm looking forward to it as well, I think it's long overdue with all the tech going on here.

Good luck with everything PoSA related, you guys have a good community over there.
PowderMonkey

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:10:03 AM

Just caught up on reading the thread after a busy weekend.  I gain further confidence with each passing week with this one, it really is an awesome thing to be a part of.

I'm going to keep staking and watching the progress as the team continues to deliver time and again.  Also, definitely excited about the interchains post REV3 if that comes to fruition.  I think this is going to get fun.

therightmintality

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:44:00 AM

CLOAK Devs just made the move to their new dorm room for the upcoming fall semester.

therightmintality

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:46:25 AM

Looks like we are still on plan, not a lot of coins for sale, but if they go cheap I know a lot of us are ready to scoop them up.  It won't be long until Rev. 3 and the PR and bounty, it's nice I don't have to watch the price every couple of hours...
Pages: « 1 ... 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 [848] 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 ... 1627 »
  Print  

Jump to: