Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:05:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Driv3n

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:17:48 PM

Wanna welcome all the new members of the community and thank them for all the positive comments. Its great to see all the constructive discussion in here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:21:19 PM

Synechist what about the press releases that were supposed to be out yesterday with the launches are they going to be today?

Can you share which big media will cover it?

ehehehe

Hehe...

That'll stay a mystery until the news site releases it. ;-)

As for the paid PR (generously funded by Pratico), it's going out to coincide with the Mintpal 2.0 launch.

http://xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/194-finalised-rev-2-privacy-technology/#entry1217

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:29:47 PM

Wanna welcome all the new members of the community and thank them for all the positive comments. Its great to see all the constructive discussion in here.

+1. I love a probing question.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:37:22 PM

When is mintpal 2.0 launching mate?

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:37:34 PM

Synechist...since you are here... any Idea when we will be able to set up a mixer through tor stick?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:48:45 PM

When is mintpal 2.0 launching mate?

Tomorrow at 6pm GMT

https://twitter.com/moolah_io/status/509859027913031680

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Profetu

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:49:05 PM

Is there a complete guide for newbs including how to open your port, how to initiate a private transaction etc?

Any plans to switch to DPOS? What is ETA for the mobile app with staking and mesh networking implemented?

Great job so far. A review from Vitalik would be nice Cheesy since bitcoinmagazine is aware of us. Or any other crypto big shot.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:49:55 PM

Synechist...since you are here... any Idea when we will be able to set up a mixer through tor stick?

You can expect versions of the Xmixer to proliferate in the coming days. The TOR Stick will probably come after the Linux one.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:51:10 PM

Some people just sold quite a lot of XC for some reason.
Mountaingoat

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:52:24 PM

What port does the wallet need to operate? I mean just have connections to the XC network, because I think my school has the port blocked that it needs.
Driv3n

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:54:41 PM

Some people just sold quite a lot of XC for some reason.

Try not to worry about short term price fluctuations, theyre inevitable even with good news.
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:56:12 PM

Is there a complete guide for newbs including how to open your port, how to initiate a private transaction etc?

Any plans to switch to DPOS? What is ETA for the mobile app with staking and mesh networking implemented?

Great job so far. A review from Vitalik would be nice Cheesy since bitcoinmagazine is aware of us. Or any other crypto big shot.

This would be huge. I think the only thing holding us back right now is independent confirmation of the tech. It has to be done by someone well known and highly respected.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:56:25 PM

Not yet. There'll be a readme shortly that'll help, and general website documentation, how-tos, etc in due course.

No ETA on the mobile app yet, but it'll be fully featured.

Stay tuned for news coverage. It's gonna be sweet.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:58:05 PM

What port does the wallet need to operate? I mean just have connections to the XC network, because I think my school has the port blocked that it needs.

Port 32348.

Check it here: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Mountaingoat

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:02:20 PM

Port 32348.

Check it here: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

I think that is locked. :/ No XC for me on school. Sad
TingCoin

Activity: 720

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:05:18 PM

Ok wait a minute...

On the OP it says every XC client is a node (giving the impression that EVERY client forwards these fragments). Then on the FAQ on your site it says that an XNode is what processes the transactions and you need 550XC to run one (giving me the impression that only XNodes that people setup forward the fragments). Then, on your site there's news of "XMixer"...

Ok so, when you send an anon transaction what happens? How many fragments does it split into (or does that just depend on the size)? Who is involved in forwarding these fragments, all online clients? Just the XNodes? The XMixers? Through how many clients/nodes/mixers does each fragment pass through before it gets to its destination? So many questions. I could go on.

At first glance I was lead into thinking that each transaction is split in to fragments of random amounts, which are each passed through a random amount of online wallets (normal users, anyone and everyone on the network) before each fragment reaches its destination (the person receiving the funds) at different times. Which would be really awesome. But after digging deeper it seems only XNodes handle this? Where does the mixer come in?

I'm not sure if I'm being mislead or if I'm just an idiot who doesn't understand, would love an explanation of how this actually works. I like to invest in innovative technology not hype and PR. Sorry if I'm coming across as an asshole Tongue. This seems interesting but I either don't have a clue how it works, or the explanations are misleading.

Cheers!

EDIT: For now I'm going to assume "XNodes" don't exist and have been replaced by "XMixers", and that fragments are forwarded through ALL online wallets, and the reason for these "XMixers" is because a fragment can't pass through a wallet if the wallet doesn't have at least as many coins to cover the fragment? Is this correct? In that case do all wallet clients (which I'm assuming fragments are forwarded through) also mix their funds with the fragments?
If not, why in that case does a wallet have to cover a fragment for it to pass through (I'm assuming it does have to, otherwise why the mixers?) ARGH these are all blind assumptions!! Hahaha

Someone help me out?

website is still not updated compleately

everything is explained here in Expanding XC's capacity:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.msg8806414#msg8806414
The bold part in my quote, I now understand you can't forward a bigger fragment through a wallet than the amount stored in the wallet because then it's obvious that it's not a normal payment, duuh. (conversing with myself here wtf)

Yeah I read that, and it all started to make sense until hoooold on! "There might not be enough nodes making private payments at a given time, causing transactions to wait or be canceled." - I was under the impression fragments can be forwarded through ANY online wallet as long as the wallet balance covers the balance of the fragment... That sentence just threw me right off!

You have two sending options, Private and open. Open is just like every other coin.
A Private XC transaction is handled uniquely to other coins protected by being opensource on a delayed timeline.
In short plain English here is my interpretation of how XC handles anon transactions:
Person A wants to send 50 XC to Person B anonymously.
Leaving Person A's wallet the transaction passes other wallets and gets scrambled with other transactions. Visually think about the transaction getting fragmented at every wallet, the fragments then hit other wallets where they are fragmented again. The fragments are being mixed with other transactions fragments. The fragments knows where they are going, so they stop at the wallet B, but because there are fragments going all the time it is hard to tell the pieces from the whole.
Every wallet is called a node, there is no lower limits on a node.

With the above picture you can tell that if only one transaction is being fragmented at a given time you could datamine where it came from and where it was going. This is where XCMixers comes in. The mixers are at all time loaded with 1000 XC and these coins are used to cause additional "explotions" ensuring that the fragments are always concealed. The number has to be big to ensure that large transactions can be concealed.

Anyway this is how I understand XC, but I'm sure the team can describe it better than I, I hope it helps until they get online.
Yeah, if it worked like this that would be even more awesome than what I originally assumed... But you see if it worked how you said then surely there'd be no reason for the mixers? Unless the mixers are PURELY there to cover BIG ass transactions so they can then send tons of tiny fragments small enough for the nodes (any online wallet client???) to handle...

But then again... Read that sentence I quoted from that news post... That makes it sound like only nodes making private payments at a given time are used to forward transactions  Huh Huh Huh

Fact of the matter is, the explanations we've been given can be interpreted however the hell we like, I think a dev needs to come n put an end to this dilemma.

Hey Tingcoin

Thanks for wrestling with the details. I appreciate your giving XC this kind of critical attention.

Apologies for the confusion. Ignore the website - it's currently out of date. We've just released this software and some stuff is still playing catch-up.

For now, the press release on the Xmixer contains correct information: http://bit.ly/xmixerintro

If, after reading it, you're still confused as to the role of Xmixers vs regular nodes, post us your thoughts here. I'd be more than happy to talk it through.

Hey,

Thanks for the response Smiley. Yeah I've read that doc (multiple times) and basically I just want to know the detailed process of what happens to "private payments". What I need confirming is:

• "There might not be enough nodes making private payments at a given time, causing transactions to wait or be cancelled". This leads me to believe that ONLY nodes (node being, online wallet client) making private payments at the same time as you (and XMixers) are involved in forwarding the fragments? Or is every node involved? This definitely needs confirming first and foremost.
  • When you send a private payment, what happens to it? Is it broken down in to smaller fragments (how many exactly, a random number depending on the size of the TX or what?) and sent to other online wallets (whose balances cover the size of the fragment of course I assume). Then when a node (online wallet) receives a fragment, what happens there?:
- Do the coins contained in that fragment get "tumbled" with the wallet balance of the node, or just get forwarded to another node?
- When the fragment gets forwarded (from the node) to another node, does one fragment get sent to one node or does each fragment get further broken down in to multiple (how many?) smaller fragments which get sent to multiple (how many) other nodes? Basically, does it only split in to fragments when it comes from the sender, or does each node further split it in to smaller fragments?
- How many times does this process happen?
 * Does each fragment pass through a specific number of nodes or a random number until it finds its destination?
 * Is there a minimum number of nodes a fragment has to pass through?
  • XMixer: I'm assuming only large payments get sent through the XMixer (how large does it have to be to go through there? Does this depend on the size of the currently online nodes wallets compared to the TX size? Or is it "anything above [insertsizehere] goes through mixer?) I'm assuming larger payments get sent to the mixer in order to get broken down in to many small fragments for the nodes to handle? Or do transactions large enough for the mixer simply go "sender > Mixer(tumble) > Receiver"?
I could go on and on making assumptions and asking questions here mate.

Basically with the way this technology has been explained, I guarantee every investor in your coin has his own little fantasy in his head on how this process actually works. What I'm asking for is to know the exact process and all the variables (and dependencies) of a private payment. No wonder this coins graph is a straight line, not many people would be willing to invest in a technology they don't understand or I definitely wouldn't at least. AND it's not open source on top of that (understandably though).

I won't part with my money if I don't understand how the system works.  Again, sorry if I come off as a prick.

Looking forward to hearing how this process works, because all the fantasies in my head are really good. But that's the thing it could be anything all the info I've read is so open to interpretation. And I'm here questioning whether that's intentional or not. If there's some info or a document somewhere I've totally missed please forgive me.

If not, looking forward to hearing how this thing really works.

Any posts from me that were posted in Russian were NOT from me. A cykablyat obtained my forum login details when they were leaked, I was inactive from the forum at that time.
cryptico

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:06:57 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 02:26:25 PM by cryptico

Not yet. There'll be a readme shortly that'll help, and general website documentation, how-tos, etc in due course.

No ETA on the mobile app yet, but it'll be fully featured.

Stay tuned for news coverage. It's gonna be sweet.

Synech don't know if you lost it but Kristov Atlas as well was asking for more info..

https://twitter.com/XCurrency/status/511665384614023168

maybe in the near future joined partial white paper review between Atlas and Vitalik? will be huge..

Edit: I see you ve already replied to Atlas

P.S: I don't know who Vitalik is by the way ahah

P.S: ah Ehtereum Dev.. why he would review his competion? ahah

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
shanuu

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

New Beginning!

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:18:39 PM

I am wondering if this is a way to tell if you have -distmix-autonode working? Minting weight is 1.

"not minting becouse you don't have matured coins" is the mesage.
I have 36 active connections and beside that, nothing has change since i start to run the xnod.

I don't know if that is good or bad, still w8 for some changes.Smiley
Also split the amount of 1000 xc in 250,250,250,1,249 on the same adress. Dan has mentioned something about this last night.

cryptico

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:21:41 PM

I am wondering if this is a way to tell if you have -distmix-autonode working? Minting weight is 1.

"not minting becouse you don't have matured coins" is the mesage.
I have 36 active connections and beside that, nothing has change since i start to run the xnod.

I don't know if that is good or bad, still w8 for some changes.Smiley
Also split the amount of 1000 xc in 250,250,250,1,249 on the same adress. Dan has mentioned something about this last night.

Shannu go back to the previous page I made a post with all the images of the Xmixer working you will know when you will receive the first transactions..

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:32:28 PM

I love the fact that @bitcoinmagazine just favourited this tweet:

https://twitter.com/BitcoinMagazine/status/511698895647551489

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pages: « 1 ... 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: