Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:06:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 [1250] 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:15:21 PM

"However, since mixing can only be between nodes that are currently making private payments, this gives rise to two underlying scenarios that could limit this capacity:"

wasn't the first plan that every xc app would be a mixer and that you only could earn transaction fees if there are xxx XC in it?
i can't understand the quoted sentence above because even with the xmixer there might be the problem that there are too few xmixers online at any given time so that transactions could be cancelled.

can someone explain that to me please, the fact why the wallet is now divided into "normal app" + "xmixer".

thank you!

+1.
And what also bothers me is that you have to keep your coins online.

You don't have to be a XMixer you know?   The choice is yours...

a) you want to earn fees, leave it 1000 per wallet online and be a XMixer
b) you just want to stake, then just unlock wallet once in a while
c) you don't give a crap, cold storage offline only

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herbix

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:22:06 PM

Ok i've just made my first two private transactions with xc whooohohohoooooooooooooooo.

It worked with 1 and 2 xcs now I will try 5 and let you know if it is working... at the beginning wasn't working with 5

And my mixer seems to be doing something.

After how long that you have set it up? and how many connections do you have?

2 days or so, 27 connections.

thank you do you need to transfer the 1000 xcs before or after setting up the mixer? how much payment are you receiving for the moment? Is the wallet unlocked? does it need to be?

I transferred after setting up the mixer. It seems to be 0.006505 for my first mixing, for some reason xc block explorer shows different (smaller) balance compared to my XC mixer wallet. Wallet is unlocked as atcsecure said it needs to be unlocked for current release.

do we need to unlock the wallet when started with -distmix-autonode?

yes in this current release

http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/readme.txt
Hurvinex

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:22:34 PM

Also all In   Cool
and proud to setup a xmixer soon

cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:27:33 PM

Ok i've just made my first two private transactions with xc whooohohohoooooooooooooooo.

It worked with 1 and 2 xcs now I will try 5 and let you know if it is working... at the beginning wasn't working with 5

My 5 xc transaction is not failing but not going trough either....it is processing since 30 minutes... anyone got the same?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Reese212

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:37:56 PM

"However, since mixing can only be between nodes that are currently making private payments, this gives rise to two underlying scenarios that could limit this capacity:"

wasn't the first plan that every xc app would be a mixer and that you only could earn transaction fees if there are xxx XC in it?
i can't understand the quoted sentence above because even with the xmixer there might be the problem that there are too few xmixers online at any given time so that transactions could be cancelled.

can someone explain that to me please, the fact why the wallet is now divided into "normal app" + "xmixer".

thank you!

+1.

well ok the choice is mine.
but the question still is the same: why do i have the choice? wouldn't it be better if every wallet is forced to be a xmixer to have more nodes and therefore a more decentralised transaction so that the problem described in the pdf "introducing xmixer" won't occur (or in better words: is more likely to not occur)?
 i'm pretty sure that it has a special reason why the wallet is divided into "normal wallet" + "xmixer". this is what i'm asking :-)

Dear Lord, please grant me the ability...
tr8kr

Activity: 661

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:43:42 PM

thank you!

+1.

You don't have to be a XMixer you know?   The choice is yours...

but the question still is the same: why do i have the choice? wouldn't it be better if every wallet is forced to be a xmixer to have more nodes and therefore a more decentralised transaction so that the problem described in the pdf "introducing xmixer" won't occur (or in better words: is more likely to not occur)?
 i'm pretty sure that it has a special reason why the wallet is divided into "normal wallet" + "xmixer". this is what i'm asking :-)

Because with normal xnode wallet you can fall on a situation where there is not enough money in a lonely xnode to mix the transaction ,with a xmixer you are sure that there is some dedicated xnode (xmixer) to handle big transaction on the network that's all
KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:44:10 PM

thank you!

+1.

When your wallet is functioning as a Xmixer, the coin's move around quite fast. This resets your coin age, eg: no more staking.
Your coins, your choice
Herbix

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:57:03 PM

thank you do you need to transfer the 1000 xcs before or after setting up the mixer? how much payment are you receiving for the moment? Is the wallet unlocked? does it need to be?

I transferred after setting up the mixer. It seems to be 0.006505 for my first mixing, for some reason xc block explorer shows different (smaller) balance compared to my XC mixer wallet. Wallet is unlocked as atcsecure said it needs to be unlocked for current release.

Ah, mixed coins created new addresses in my wallet so that's why block explorer doesn't see the correct balance Wink
And it seems that this test release doesn't pay anything for mixing yet, actually it seems that mixing dropped my balance with -0.00001 XC.
cryptico

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:03:20 PM

Ah, mixed coins created new addresses in my wallet so that's why block explorer doesn't see the correct balance Wink
And it seems that this test release doesn't pay anything for mixing yet, actually it seems that mixing dropped my balance with -0.00001 XC.

My 5 XC transaction is still sucked at processing after one hour..

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
Herbix

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:10:50 PM

I just tested 5 XC private transaction, it went through successfully in 3 minutes with 12 active connections.
cryptico

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:12:18 PM

I just tested 5 XC private transaction, it went through successfully in 3 minutes with 12 active connections.

I can send one and 2 xcs no prob.. not 5... how many coins do you have in the wallet?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:16:05 PM

Is the era of cheap xc coming to an end?

The era of expensive xc is just beginning...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
Reese212

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:25:01 PM

Because with normal xnode wallet you can fall on a situation where there is not enough money in a lonely xnode to mix the transaction ,with a xmixer you are sure that there is some dedicated xnode (xmixer) to handle big transaction on the network that's all

Ah ok i see, that makes sense. Thank you! I thought that, if that would happen, the app knows that the amount inside is too small and will communicate with other apps and split the whole transaction amount in another way.

Thanks for explaining!

Herbix

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:26:59 PM

I can send one and 2 xcs no prob.. not 5... how many coins do you have in the wallet?

100 XC.

Have you tried enabling coin control?
Settings -> Options -> Display -> Display coin control features (experts only!)

Then you should see Coin control features on your Send tab. Click inputs and select one with more than 5 XC and try again.

I sent private transaction back to my wallet and the coins mysteriously disappeared from block explorer balance Wink
Reese212

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:29:54 PM

When your wallet is functioning as a Xmixer, the coin's move around quite fast. This resets your coin age, eg: no more staking.
Your coins, your choice

Thank you too for explaining! That, of course, also makes sense to me. I forgot that this was discussed in the beginning of XC, the plan was that the formerly 550XC for being a node (or nowadays a xmixer) can't stake but that the transaction fees would be the same or maybe more than if you had your coins staking. Well and this xmixer-feature is the technical solution. Sometimes I need a bit longer to get things right in my head....

Thank you!

cryptico

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:33:51 PM

100 XC.

Have you tried enabling coin control?
Settings -> Options -> Display -> Display coin control features (experts only!)

Then you should see Coin control features on your Send tab. Click inputs and select one with more than 5 XC and try again.

I sent private transaction back to my wallet and the coins mysteriously disappeared from block explorer balance Wink

Yes I had coin control active in my wallet but did not try that i'll try it now.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:49:34 PM

I asked Bitjohn and Cryptsy have finally changed the name of XC to XCurrency -

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=481015.msg8798196#msg8798196

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/210

Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:50:41 PM

Finally.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:52:34 PM

Scary how Cryptsy can't even handle simple things like this for so long.

tr8kr

Activity: 661

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:54:15 PM

Champagne lol !!
Pages: « 1 ... 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 [1250] 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: