Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:02:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
shanuu

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

New Beginning!

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:33:31 PM

"not minting becouse you don't have matured coins" is the mesage.
I have 36 active connections and beside that, nothing has change since i start to run the xnod.

I don't know if that is good or bad, still w8 for some changes.Smiley
Also split the amount of 1000 xc in 250,250,250,1,249 on the same adress. Dan has mentioned something about this last night.
[/quote]

Shannu go back to the previous page I made a post with all the images of the Xmixer working you will know when you will receive the first transactions..
[/quote]

ok then. we w8:)
one more q: "not minting becouse you don't have matured coins" this is how it hass to be? i fully unlock the wallet.

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:42:23 PM

one more q: "not minting becouse you don't have matured coins" this is how it hass to be? i fully unlock the wallet.

It is alright. Coins need time to mature, as you just moved them to a new address you will just need to wait and hope that people will do private transactions, as I received two Transactions last night just few minutes after opening the Xmixer but then nothing till this morning.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:43:43 PM

Did you guys ever get a XC Multipool working again?

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
swannsonite

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

In Crypto We Verify

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:45:48 PM

"not minting becouse you don't have matured coins" is the mesage.
I have 36 active connections and beside that, nothing has change since i start to run the xnod.

I don't know if that is good or bad, still w8 for some changes.Smiley
Also split the amount of 1000 xc in 250,250,250,1,249 on the same adress. Dan has mentioned something about this last night.

Shannu go back to the previous page I made a post with all the images of the Xmixer working you will know when you will receive the first transactions..
[/quote]

[/quote]

To the best of my understanding as an Xmixer you wont be staking because the coin age will be constantly changing as transactions are mixed but, after sometime with coins not moving ~8hrs? they will be old enough to possibly stake but likely wont if they are used to mix again.
holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:48:18 PM

What port does the wallet need to operate? I mean just have connections to the XC network, because I think my school has the port blocked that it needs.

Port 32348.

Check it here: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

I think that is locked. :/ No XC for me on school. Sad

You mean school school? That's so cool -- you probably have a bigger stack than the rest of us put together.
cryptico

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:48:35 PM

YEP

http://xcpool.xcurrency.co/

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:48:40 PM

Yes. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.msg8829794#msg8829794
holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:49:55 PM

Is there a complete guide for newbs including how to open your port, how to initiate a private transaction etc?

Any plans to switch to DPOS? What is ETA for the mobile app with staking and mesh networking implemented?

Great job so far. A review from Vitalik would be nice Cheesy since bitcoinmagazine is aware of us. Or any other crypto big shot.

This would be huge. I think the only thing holding us back right now is independent confirmation of the tech. It has to be done by someone well known and highly respected.

How about Dan Metcalf?
cryptico

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:51:04 PM

Hey,

Thanks for the response Smiley. Yeah I've read that doc (multiple times) and basically I just want to know the detailed process of what happens to "private payments". What I need confirming is:

• "There might not be enough nodes making private payments at a given time, causing transactions to wait or be cancelled". This leads me to believe that ONLY nodes (node being, online wallet client) making private payments at the same time as you (and XMixers) are involved in forwarding the fragments? Or is every node involved? This definitely needs confirming first and foremost.
  • When you send a private payment, what happens to it? Is it broken down in to smaller fragments (how many exactly, a random number depending on the size of the TX or what?) and sent to other online wallets (whose balances cover the size of the fragment of course I assume). Then when a node (online wallet) receives a fragment, what happens there?:
- Do the coins contained in that fragment get "tumbled" with the wallet balance of the node, or just get forwarded to another node?
- When the fragment gets forwarded (from the node) to another node, does one fragment get sent to one node or does each fragment get further broken down in to multiple (how many?) smaller fragments which get sent to multiple (how many) other nodes? Basically, does it only split in to fragments when it comes from the sender, or does each node further split it in to smaller fragments?
- How many times does this process happen?
 * Does each fragment pass through a specific number of nodes or a random number until it finds its destination?
 * Is there a minimum number of nodes a fragment has to pass through?
  • XMixer: I'm assuming only large payments get sent through the XMixer (how large does it have to be to go through there? Does this depend on the size of the currently online nodes wallets compared to the TX size? Or is it "anything above [insertsizehere] goes through mixer?) I'm assuming larger payments get sent to the mixer in order to get broken down in to many small fragments for the nodes to handle? Or do transactions large enough for the mixer simply go "sender > Mixer(tumble) > Receiver"?
I could go on and on making assumptions and asking questions here mate.

Basically with the way this technology has been explained, I guarantee every investor in your coin has his own little fantasy in his head on how this process actually works. What I'm asking for is to know the exact process and all the variables (and dependencies) of a private payment. No wonder this coins graph is a straight line, not many people would be willing to invest in a technology they don't understand or I definitely wouldn't at least. AND it's not open source on top of that (understandably though).

I won't part with my money if I don't understand how the system works.  Again, sorry if I come off as a prick.

Looking forward to hearing how this process works, because all the fantasies in my head are really good. But that's the thing it could be anything all the info I've read is so open to interpretation. And I'm here questioning whether that's intentional or not. If there's some info or a document somewhere I've totally missed please forgive me.

If not, looking forward to hearing how this thing really works.

Bumping this up for Synechist. for definitive answer.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:52:49 PM

What port does the wallet need to operate? I mean just have connections to the XC network, because I think my school has the port blocked that it needs.

Port 32348.

You mean school school? That's so cool -- you probably have a bigger stack than the rest of us put together.
No I actually don't have that many.

I am talking about college btw.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:55:35 PM

Synech don't know if you lost it but Kristov Atlas as well was asking for more info..

https://twitter.com/XCurrency/status/511665384614023168

Edit: I see you ve already replied to Atlas

Just tweeted at him as well: https://twitter.com/XCurrency/status/511885933260865536

Let's retweet and respond to that folks. Make some noise!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:00:50 PM

Port 32348.

No I actually don't have that many.

I am talking about college btw.

I was thinking you were 13 to 15 years old ahah

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 03:02:22 PM

XC  v2.49 RC2 - now available for download, if your running RC1, please upgrade to RC2

http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/XCurrency_2.49_RC2.exe

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:03:20 PM

Nice work ATC... You have done the community proud.

Bittrex vol up to 43 BTC now, it seems to be talking over slightly from MP.. 162 k on there as well.. Loving this slow grinding move up... We finally seem to be solid...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
cryptico

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:06:11 PM

XC  v2.49 RC2 - now available for download, if your running RC1, please upgrade to RC2

Thank you DAN we are proud of your work in this community Hat down for you sir.

P.S: come in here and get some cheering Smiley

P.S.2: could you reply to my PM? thx Smiley

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
CryptoChronic

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:19:31 PM

Hey,

Thanks for the response Smiley. Yeah I've read that doc (multiple times) and basically I just want to know the detailed process of what happens to "private payments". What I need confirming is:

• "There might not be enough nodes making private payments at a given time, causing transactions to wait or be cancelled". This leads me to believe that ONLY nodes (node being, online wallet client) making private payments at the same time as you (and XMixers) are involved in forwarding the fragments? Or is every node involved? This definitely needs confirming first and foremost.
  • When you send a private payment, what happens to it? Is it broken down in to smaller fragments (how many exactly, a random number depending on the size of the TX or what?) and sent to other online wallets (whose balances cover the size of the fragment of course I assume). Then when a node (online wallet) receives a fragment, what happens there?:
- Do the coins contained in that fragment get "tumbled" with the wallet balance of the node, or just get forwarded to another node?
- When the fragment gets forwarded (from the node) to another node, does one fragment get sent to one node or does each fragment get further broken down in to multiple (how many?) smaller fragments which get sent to multiple (how many) other nodes? Basically, does it only split in to fragments when it comes from the sender, or does each node further split it in to smaller fragments?
 * Does each fragment pass through a specific number of nodes or a random number until it finds its destination?
  • XMixer: I'm assuming only large payments get sent through the XMixer (how large does it have to be to go through there? Does this depend on the size of the currently online nodes wallets compared to the TX size? Or is it "anything above [insertsizehere] goes through mixer?) I'm assuming larger payments get sent to the mixer in order to get broken down in to many small fragments for the nodes to handle? Or do transactions large enough for the mixer simply go "sender > Mixer(tumble) > Receiver"?

Basically with the way this technology has been explained, I guarantee every investor in your coin has his own little fantasy in his head on how this process actually works. What I'm asking for is to know the exact process and all the variables (and dependencies) of a private payment. No wonder this coins graph is a straight line, not many people would be willing to invest in a technology they don't understand or I definitely wouldn't at least. AND it's not open source on top of that (understandably though).

I won't part with my money if I don't understand how the system works.  Again, sorry if I come off as a prick.

Looking forward to hearing how this process works, because all the fantasies in my head are really good. But that's the thing it could be anything all the info I've read is so open to interpretation. And I'm here questioning whether that's intentional or not. If there's some info or a document somewhere I've totally missed please forgive me.

Bumping this up for Synechist. for definitive answer.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 03:20:45 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 03:43:22 PM by synechist

Hey,

Yes, if a user isn't sending XC at a given time then his/her Xnode will not participate in a private transaction.
But if a user runs an Xmixer it will be available to participate whenever there aren't enough normal Xnodes for a given transaction.

• When you send a private payment, what happens to it? Is it broken down in to smaller fragments (how many exactly, a random number depending on the size of the TX or what?) and sent to other online wallets (whose balances cover the size of the fragment of course I assume).
Yes when you send a private payment, it is broken into fragments, which are each sent to other Xnodes (or Xmixers if necessary).
The algorithm for fragmenting randomises the fragment size and the number of fragments.
The balances of Xnodes mixing a transaction will need to be greater than or equal to the sum of some (not all) other fragments in the transaction.

Then when a node (online wallet) receives a fragment, what happens there?: [/li][/list]

Neither actually. The mixing is a lot more sophisticated.
- It's roughly a group_sig transaction as implemented in Coinshuffle. Check that out.
- The transaction is between participating nodes, so each node doesn't act on its own.
- When a node initiates a payment, the fragments it creates aren't necessarily part of the same transaction. Each fragment can be on a completely different mixing transaction.
- The forwarding node doesn't get just the fragment; it gets the whole transaction.
- Therefore it doesn't even know which fragment belongs to who, and how much each fragment is.
- It checks the transaction to make sure it includes its own fragment, signs the transaction, and the whole thing goes ahead.
- If any node doesn't sign, the mesh network resyncs (which happens continually btw) and carries on.

Each node making a payment will fragment that payment.
This means nodes forwarding fragments are also making their own payments (in fragments).
There's no way of distinguishing between a node's own fragments and the fragments it's forwarding.

I'm not sure on this point, but I think a single pass is all that's necessary.

Small transactions will end up going through an Xmixer if, at a given time, other Xnodes aren't transacting.
The Xnodes themselves do the fragmenting, not just Xmixers.
Xmixers therefore only receive fragments.
This means that Xmixers (and Xnodes when they forward a tx) won't see large transactions as distinct from small ones. It's all the same to them.

I won't part with my money if I don't understand how the system works.  

If there's some info or a document somewhere I've totally missed please forgive me.

That's a respectable position, and a low-risk one.

We're going to publish a full scholarly exposition of XC's tech in due course (i.e. probably around Rev 3 when we launch publicly).

Those who think XC is worth investing in now will stand to gain more when it succeeds.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:28:27 PM

XC  v2.49 RC2 - now available for download, if your running RC1, please upgrade to RC2

bump for awareness
cryptico

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:40:03 PM

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:48:12 PM

Someone really does not want us going through 160k.....

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
Pages: « 1 ... 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: