Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:35:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ReRunRod

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:52:15 PM

Hello.

I was invited to check the implementation of XC compared to FedoraCoin's codebase in order to find possible similarities between them.
First of all, I visited FedoraCoin's repository and checked the specific file mentioned (mixerann.cpp and the header file).
Then, I was invited to Developer's station with a Teamviewer session and saw the code that implements the specific feature.

The code is in no way similar between the two coins.
But, I believe that one must trusts his own eyes (and compiler). Just download the source code from FedoraCoin and create a working wallet that has all the features of XC enabled. That would prove whether the claim is correct or false.

Now, I do not know who claimed that Fedora and XC share the same codebase. If someone claims that some principles are the same, then I'm afraid that someone hasn't heard of Bitcoin and the blockchain concept (or the transaction concept, or the pubkey->wallet address concept, or... the list goes on forever).

IMPORTANT!

RIGHT ON! Cheesy

Thank you Mindfox Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:53:22 PM

lol,
this is gold!

Have you seen how heated the DRK thread is getting!!!!??

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
milkyway

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:53:40 PM

can someone summarize for me what are the happenings? I am kind of lost as to what happened? (conflicts,code, price etc)
Thank you

>>> multiwallet | POS 5% Annual [Anon NanoWallet™ technology] | encrypted communication | Inwallet trading <<<
BEECoinfan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:53:47 PM

Hello.

I was invited to check the implementation of XC compared to FedoraCoin's codebase in order to find possible similarities between them.
First of all, I visited FedoraCoin's repository and checked the specific file mentioned (mixerann.cpp and the header file).
Then, I was invited to Developer's station with a Teamviewer session and saw the code that implements the specific feature.

But, I believe that one must trusts his own eyes (and compiler). Just download the source code from FedoraCoin and create a working wallet that has all the features of XC enabled. That would prove whether the claim is correct or false.

Now, I do not know who claimed that Fedora and XC share the same codebase. If someone claims that some principles are the same, then I'm afraid that someone hasn't heard of Bitcoin and the blockchain concept (or the transaction concept, or the pubkey->wallet address concept, or... the list goes on forever).

IMPORTANT!

+1

+1  Thanks for taking the time!

cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:54:42 PM

The DRK fanboys won't be happy soon, I really think DRK is about to come off and XC is about to rise... Could get interesting...

this is the reply to your last message but I dont see it anymore in thread and my previous reply either

"dude cut it out already I have 17000 coins and I was concerned about this review thing and actually still am this is something can change my life compleatly or burn all my savings so Yes I am concerned read my first fuking post in here I arrived just today just for this community and this coin. so please do not offend me anymore "

I would like to know why they were both deleted

I strongly believe in this coin but this is scaring me

Well dumb of you to use your savings, trading anything is like gambling.

Well you r right Smiley my crypto savings I should say but I strongly believed in XC

if the Dev will deliver everything this will take not litecoin place but bitcoin itself, I don't see any limit to its growt

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
TheGift73

Activity: 525
Merit: 501

GameX (GX) | NextGEN Gaming Cryptocurrency

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:54:49 PM

Hello.

Thanks for taking the time to take a look at this mindfox. Great to see you helping out another coin again.

██

███
                                         ████
                                         ████

▄▄▄▄█████████████████████▄                  ▄████████▀
    ▄█████████████████████████████▄              ▄████████▀
  ▄██████████████████████▀ ▀████████▄          ▄████████▀
 ██████████████████████▀     ▀████████▄      ▄████████▀
████████                       ▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
███████ █████████████████████    ▀████████████████▀
██████   ▀███████████████████      ▀████████████▀
██████▄    ▀█████████████████      ▄████████████▄
███████▄     ▀███████████████    ▄████████████████▄
 ████████▄            ███████  ▄█████████▀ ▀████████▄
  ███████████████████████████▄█████████▀     ▀████████▄
   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀         ▀████████▄
     ▀▀████████████████████████████▀             ▀████████▄

███████                       ███████     
     █████████                     █████████    
   ▒█████████████████████████████████████████░  
 ▒█████   █████████████████████████████   █████░
 ██████░ ▒██████████████████████████████▓███████
████   ░█    █████  ░███████  ░███    █████    ██
███████   ██████████████████████████████▓████████
███████   █████████████████████████████   ███████
██████████████    ▓███████████░   ░██████████████
█████████████       █████████       █████████████
█████████████      ░█████████       █████████████
██████████████▓  ░███       ███   ███████████████
███████████░  ░▓█▓             ▓█▓   ▓███████████
██████████▒                           ▓██████████
█████████░                             ░█████████
███████                                   ███████
 █████                                     █████
  ▀▀▀                                       ▀▀▀
TWITTERTELEGRAMREDDIT
  JOIN OUR COMMUNITY! 
FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
ReRunRod

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:55:06 PM

can someone summarize for me what are the happenings? I am kind of lost as to what happened? (conflicts,code, price etc)
Thank you

Code.. That is all Smiley

No worries.. Everything is getting settled nicely.

Enjoy the coin and have fun!
badam

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:56:05 PM

Teka what about quoting these peer reviews in op because with this speed of postings they will be lost in the thread.
greyskies

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:56:17 PM

You guys are totally missing the point. I don't care whether the current XC code is original or not. Writing a centralized mixer is so easy that the Fedoracoin guys did it. The point is the difference in difficulty between coding a centralized mixing service and coding a decentralized mixing service is enormous. Being able to do the former is NOT evidence that one can do the latter.

DRK hasn't been able to code that themselves (hint: check the last weeks activity in DRK).

The DRK dev is still trying to determine a solution that doesn't cause forking, security issues and other such matters. And even then it will still not be truly decentralised.

XC also has encrypted transactions. In a way XC is actually SUPERIOR to DRK. The only advantage DRK has right now is the dodgy masternodes that offer more decentralisation... cling onto that whilst you can because by this time next month we'll be past it.
ReRunRod

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:56:38 PM

I don't see why we all can't get along like Google and the Cyanogen team.

Let's all be friends and enjoy the time we have!
PmcUnited

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:56:41 PM

The DRK fanboys won't be happy soon, I really think DRK is about to come off and XC is about to rise... Could get interesting...

this is the reply to your last message but I dont see it anymore in thread and my previous reply either

"dude cut it out already I have 17000 coins and I was concerned about this review thing and actually still am this is something can change my life compleatly or burn all my savings so Yes I am concerned read my first fuking post in here I arrived just today just for this community and this coin. so please do not offend me anymore "

I would like to know why they were both deleted

I strongly believe in this coin but this is scaring me

Chill out mate got half my savings on this coin too don't worry its a laugh losing money. I sold 5000 dark at 50 cents and forgot to buy them back. Sold 10,000 VTC for like 0.4 had 13 BTC worth or MAZACOIN week or two was worth 0.1 or some shit like that. Was going to sell my XC last night right before dump as my highly correct senses told me to and buy back in morning could have tripled my shit.

Do you see me moaning like a little bitch? Don't invest stupid amounts of money in something that your not certain about and especially not what you can't afford even tho i do it all the time i don't moan.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:57:32 PM

Hello.

Thanks for posting this update.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 10:58:40 PM

Updated Windows Wallet

http://xc-official.com/release/xc-release.rar

Github is updated w/ the latest source for this build as well.

Thank you Smiley

Keep up the great work chief!

Please download the updated wallet!

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:59:06 PM

Can anyone send me the Peer Review for Darksend? @DarkcoinCrypto #Darkcoin #DRK #XC

https://twitter.com/XCplatform/status/472149892992081921
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:59:12 PM

You guys are totally missing the point. I don't care whether the current XC code is original or not. Writing a centralized mixer is so easy that the Fedoracoin guys did it. The point is the difference in difficulty between coding a centralized mixing service and coding a decentralized mixing service is enormous. Being able to do the former is NOT evidence that one can do the latter.

DRK hasn't been able to code that themselves (hint: check the last weeks activity in DRK).

The DRK dev is still trying to determine a solution that doesn't cause forking, security issues and other such matters. And even then it will still not be truly decentralised.

XC also has encrypted transactions. In a way XC is actually SUPERIOR to DRK. The only advantage DRK has right now is the dodgy masternodes that offer more decentralisation... cling onto that whilst you can because by this time next month we'll be past it.

LOL, this is so true!

I really wonder if at all the masternode system will ever be free of forking issues, i can see this project stalling for a long time!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Bl4ckw00d

Activity: 810

https://ironx.io IRONX

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:59:19 PM

Updated Windows Wallet

ATC! my nigga!  thanks for the update.  Let's grab the reigns a bit from all the negative nancys and get this bitch back on track.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
mfqrs3

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:59:23 PM

Hello.

Thanks for sharing !
ReRunRod

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:59:27 PM

Updated Windows Wallet

Thank you Smiley

Keep up the great work chief!

Please download the updated wallet!

Will do once I get home to my laptop! Much appreciated on what you are doing. Let the haters hate Smiley
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:01:18 PM

Yep, DRK is a good coin, but I dont think they realise the masternodes could be its biggest weakness not strength.. If the coin gets a very high value a masternode will need to be like fort knox.. One on Amazon has already been hacked... Owner lost 1000 DRK, so its not a laughing matter.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:01:38 PM

Teka what about quoting these peer reviews in op because with this speed of postings they will be lost in the thread.
yes please

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: