Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:29:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kashmir

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:16:14 PM

And I swear I wich I didn't belooooong to this
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:16:31 PM

Hello.

I was invited to check the implementation of XC compared to FedoraCoin's codebase in order to find possible similarities between them.
First of all, I visited FedoraCoin's repository and checked the specific file mentioned (mixerann.cpp and the header file).
Then, I was invited to Developer's station with a Teamviewer session and saw the code that implements the specific feature.

The code is in no way similar between the two coins.
But, I believe that one must trusts his own eyes (and compiler). Just download the source code from FedoraCoin and create a working wallet that has all the features of XC enabled. That would prove whether the claim is correct or false.

Now, I do not know who claimed that Fedora and XC share the same codebase. If someone claims that some principles are the same, then I'm afraid that someone hasn't heard of Bitcoin and the blockchain concept (or the transaction concept, or the pubkey->wallet address concept, or... the list goes on forever).

Thanks mindfox.
PmcUnited

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:16:33 PM

Listen guys honestly nobody needs to worry about this coin being a scam. because i know exactly who the dev is and exactly where he lives and he's aware people get hurt if they scam the wrong people which the dev would doing just that if this coin was a scam..
qiuxiang

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:16:46 PM

Hello.

I was invited to check the implementation of XC compared to FedoraCoin's codebase in order to find possible similarities between them.
First of all, I visited FedoraCoin's repository and checked the specific file mentioned (mixerann.cpp and the header file).
Then, I was invited to Developer's station with a Teamviewer session and saw the code that implements the specific feature.

The code is in no way similar between the two coins.
But, I believe that one must trusts his own eyes (and compiler). Just download the source code from FedoraCoin and create a working wallet that has all the features of XC enabled. That would prove whether the claim is correct or false.

Now, I do not know who claimed that Fedora and XC share the same codebase. If someone claims that some principles are the same, then I'm afraid that someone hasn't heard of Bitcoin and the blockchain concept (or the transaction concept, or the pubkey->wallet address concept, or... the list goes on forever).

Nice, this proves ATC to be honest, I will continue to trust him
Let's continue to make progress and let those who spread FUD and dump to regret

studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:17:24 PM

Can anyone send me the Peer Review for Darksend? @DarkcoinCrypto #Darkcoin #DRK #XC

https://twitter.com/XCplatform/status/472149892992081921

You moderate your own thread so you can start your own flamewar again....how professional.

Dont go crying in the corner when this coin gets dumped again - you have no one to blame but yourself.

It's not a flameware, which part of that post is untrue? We are not spreading fud simply posing a question.

Not suggesting it is untrue, it just comes across as unprofessional. It's bad PR.

Duh,

you never quoted me, apologies.

BINTEX

Powered by,
badam

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:17:43 PM

Can anyone send me the Peer Review for Darksend? @DarkcoinCrypto #Darkcoin #DRK #XC

You moderate your own thread so you can start your own flamewar again....how professional.

Dont go crying in the corner when this coin gets dumped again - you have no one to blame but yourself.

Flamewar???   This is fact...   WHERE is the peer review for Darksend....

Darksend team started the FUD about XC copying Fedora.  Now, you are crying about starting a flamewar?  LOL

Im sorry to say but the Dark Dev is already an open trusted figure in the dev, finance and crypto world.  His profile is an open book - and hence doesnt need to "prove" his code to anyone until it goes to open source.

XC dev on the other hand - when I hear things like he cant even use github properly scares me, having Fedora code even if its disabled is bad form. His real identity and past isnt fully credible - how can we trust?

If you don't want don't trust is simple. Nobody is asking from anybody to invest it in. Check back in 1 month and decide then if you can trust the dev or not.
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:21:05 PM

Anybody want a laugh........ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=631042

Man, this crypto world is a funny fricken place:-)
PmcUnited

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:21:58 PM

Darksend team started the FUD about XC copying Fedora.  Now, you are crying about starting a flamewar?  LOL

Im sorry to say but the Dark Dev is already an open trusted figure in the dev, finance and crypto world.  His profile is an open book - and hence doesnt need to "prove" his code to anyone until it goes to open source.

XC dev on the other hand - when I hear things like he cant even use github properly scares me, having Fedora code even if its disabled is bad form. His real identity and past isnt fully credible - how can we trust?

If you don't want don't trust is simple. Nobody is asking from anybody to invest it in. Check back in 1 month and decide then if you can trust the dev or not.

Or just be happy knowing if it was a scam they may just disappear forever
ReRunRod

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:23:49 PM

I don't trust my government.. Does that mean I am evil? Tongue
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:24:52 PM

Hey guys a lot of credit is being given to mindfox for his testimony, being new to the crypto world I dont know him, what projects/credibility does he hold, thus receiving praise for his pov? thank you!

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
Auna

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:26:21 PM

Lol a moderated thread. What a scam this is. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. In b4 this post gets deleted.

Sell your DRK. Soon it's too late
cy6

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:27:15 PM

Hey guys a lot of credit is being given to mindfox for his testimony, being new to the crypto world I dont know him, what projects/credibility does he hold, thus receiving praise for his pov? thank you!

no idea :O, RAT4 is the guy who can say something real about it.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:30:11 PM

You guys are totally missing the point. I don't care whether the current XC code is original or not. Writing a centralized mixer is so easy that the Fedoracoin guys did it. The point is the difference in difficulty between coding a centralized mixing service and coding a decentralized mixing service is enormous. Being able to do the former is NOT evidence that one can do the latter.

DRK hasn't been able to code that themselves (hint: check the last weeks activity in DRK).

But yes they have. The first version of it has been operational in RC versions for ages now. It's called "DarkSend".

The DRK dev is still trying to determine a solution that doesn't cause forking, security issues and other such matters. And even then it will still not be truly decentralised.

The change that required hard forking was assigning a percentage of mining rewards to masternodes, not the decentralized trustless anonymizer.

You throw phrases like "security issues" around as if you knew what you were talking about. Wanna elaborate on that? Also please tell me more about those "such matters".

As for being "truly decentralized", if you are referring to the decentralized masternode network, I don't get what is better in having people run nodes on their personal computers running on crappy cable modems than having dedicated servers running on gigabit connections when you are going to need dedicated nodes in your network anyway! So they might as well do the anonymizing as well. There will be thousands of dedicated masternodes with 100% uptime 24/7, compare that to at most few hundred personal computers with their wallets open while they play some call of duty or whatever behind their cable modems.

XC also has encrypted transactions.

Has or will have? Darkcoin will have ring signature level solution without the bloat of ring signatures. See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6864666#msg6864666

In a way XC is actually SUPERIOR to DRK.

Which way is that?

The only advantage DRK has right now is the dodgy masternodes that offer more decentralisation... cling onto that whilst you can because by this time next month we'll be past it.

I would think a masternode running on a dedicated server with a gigabit network connection provides far less dodgy service than average Joe's laptop behind a wi-fi.
Coindacioius

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:30:51 PM

Impressed with how easy the new windows wallet is.

Took me less than 1 minute to get it downloaded, opened, and synchronizing.

Definitely going to pull my XC off poloniex into my wallet so I can earn stake.
ReRunRod

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:32:22 PM

You guys are totally missing the point. I don't care whether the current XC code is original or not. Writing a centralized mixer is so easy that the Fedoracoin guys did it. The point is the difference in difficulty between coding a centralized mixing service and coding a decentralized mixing service is enormous. Being able to do the former is NOT evidence that one can do the latter.

DRK hasn't been able to code that themselves (hint: check the last weeks activity in DRK).

But yes they have. The first version of it has been operational in RC versions for ages now. It's called "DarkSend".

The DRK dev is still trying to determine a solution that doesn't cause forking, security issues and other such matters. And even then it will still not be truly decentralised.

The change that required hard forking was assigning a percentage of mining rewards to masternodes, not the decentralized trustless anonymizer.

You throw phrases like "security issues" around as if you knew what you were talking about. Wanna elaborate on that? Also please tell me more about those "such matters".

As for being "truly decentralized", if you are referring to the decentralized masternode network, I don't get what is better in having people run nodes on their personal computers running on crappy cable modems than having dedicated servers running on gigabit connections when you are going to need dedicated nodes in your network anyway! So they might as well do the anonymizing as well. There will be thousands of dedicated masternodes with 100% uptime 24/7, compare that to at most few hundred personal computers with their wallets open while they play some call of duty or whatever behind their cable modems.

XC also has encrypted transactions.

Has or will have? Darkcoin will have ring signature level solution without the bloat of ring signatures. See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6864666#msg6864666

In a way XC is actually SUPERIOR to DRK.

Which way is that?

The only advantage DRK has right now is the dodgy masternodes that offer more decentralisation... cling onto that whilst you can because by this time next month we'll be past it.

I would think a masternode running on a dedicated server with a gigabit network connection provides far less dodgy service than average Joe's laptop behind a wi-fi.

IF TARGET AMAZON and other big ass corps can be hacked.. What makes you think a coin with a couple lousy millions can't be? Let's be real it is a hacking world. Welcome to it Smiley
I'm one of them.. I use Kali Linux and Backtrack 5. It's pretty simple.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:36:12 PM

Or just be happy knowing if it was a scam they may just disappear forever

Yep and Dark Dev was the inventor of the x11 algorithm, Dark Gravity Wave which is now the standard to be used even in XC ....so Im sorry but unless the XC Dev can do something else apart from getting Crypto Pumper websites to review the code then this coin is dead.

CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:37:13 PM

SINGLE POINT FAILURE ring any bells for you?

Gee... I wonder where NSA will go to hack to track all those DRK being sent... Oh what do you know, we only need to hack a single server.   Awesome.

TheGift73

Activity: 525
Merit: 501

GameX (GX) | NextGEN Gaming Cryptocurrency

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:38:18 PM

Teka what about quoting these peer reviews in op because with this speed of postings they will be lost in the thread.
yes please

Did that, waiting for RAT4 now.

Have added a link for rat4 in the BC IRC channel. He is normally around in the early AM. (UK Time) He's Russian I belive, but not sure which country he lives in.

Hope he answers as the more reputable devs review it, the better.

Keep up the great work atcsecure and team

██

███
                                         ████
                                         ████

▄▄▄▄█████████████████████▄                  ▄████████▀
    ▄█████████████████████████████▄              ▄████████▀
  ▄██████████████████████▀ ▀████████▄          ▄████████▀
 ██████████████████████▀     ▀████████▄      ▄████████▀
████████                       ▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
███████ █████████████████████    ▀████████████████▀
██████   ▀███████████████████      ▀████████████▀
██████▄    ▀█████████████████      ▄████████████▄
███████▄     ▀███████████████    ▄████████████████▄
 ████████▄            ███████  ▄█████████▀ ▀████████▄
  ███████████████████████████▄█████████▀     ▀████████▄
   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀         ▀████████▄
     ▀▀████████████████████████████▀             ▀████████▄

███████                       ███████     
     █████████                     █████████    
   ▒█████████████████████████████████████████░  
 ▒█████   █████████████████████████████   █████░
 ██████░ ▒██████████████████████████████▓███████
████   ░█    █████  ░███████  ░███    █████    ██
███████   ██████████████████████████████▓████████
███████   █████████████████████████████   ███████
██████████████    ▓███████████░   ░██████████████
█████████████       █████████       █████████████
█████████████      ░█████████       █████████████
██████████████▓  ░███       ███   ███████████████
███████████░  ░▓█▓             ▓█▓   ▓███████████
██████████▒                           ▓██████████
█████████░                             ░█████████
███████                                   ███████
 █████                                     █████
  ▀▀▀                                       ▀▀▀
TWITTERTELEGRAMREDDIT
  JOIN OUR COMMUNITY! 
FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
sin242

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:38:30 PM

no idea :O, RAT4 is the guy who can say something real about it.

Mindfox is a solid guy.  Most recently he sorted out all of XBC's wallet issues.

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
Slaxt

Activity: 476

Gone......

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:39:15 PM

Eduffield is holding 65000 XC

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: