Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:08:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483638 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:01:52 AM

Just waiting for the next troll to claim that the linkedin profile with 500+ connections is fake.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
520Bit

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:04:28 AM

Can I make a request? FUD-trolls at Poloniex keep claiming that user "loljosh" is the XC-dev. Can we get a solid response on that from the XC dev that we can quote/cite to squash them as needed?

Well if we are just asking stupid questions at this point I would like to get a solid response from loljosh that he is not atcsecure.  Matter of fact I would also like to ask KFC what makes it so finger lickin good.

Jesus Christ..a majority of the people who just rant in here have no idea what is going on.  I've been doing this quite a while and this is a coin with more potential then most, hell it has more potential then over 1/2 the coins in the CMC top 10 but no one see's that.    To make matters worse we have potential investors come through here and all they see is a bunch of down syndrome fudders and idiots who have no clue about any of this and just repeat what they hear like parrots.  I can't believe Tek and the other mods/devs havent gone AWOL at this point dealing with the most ludicrous and obscene accusations from nobodies and skeptics.  They continue to be patient and answer all questions yet the shit doesn't stop.  Sad what the community has come to where greed surpasses advancement and noone cares about the potential here. They slander to tarnish reputations instead of asking questions about it to learn. They fling shit and fly of the handles about what some asshat wrote in a trollbox.  If you can't comprehend how big this coin could potentially be, especially with the team behind it then just sell and move on.  The progress in just mere weeks is crazy and I know there is a lot coming around the corner.

I commend atc and tek and all involved for the efforts they have put forth and their patience in dealing with a few of our inbred users and I look forward to the announcement this weekend with the Sunday updates.

Remember to stake your coins and say no to strangers!

Now that's interesting. The poloniex troll that kept claiming the XC dev was loljosh was named "Tek". A worse troll than I imagined, apparently.

full of envy i would say.

ppl are used to scam, and even can not accept a real success in today's altcoin world.

If you have a good sense of future, you would see the future of XC running on your Android, buy coffee with XC via NFC/RFID. Mint in Android Wallet on your phone or pad via POS, cool thing, right?

All of these the POW could not make it, neither DRK!!!
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:09:12 AM

What's so special about this coin? And what's going on with it and DRK? I keep hearing random things about it.

Big, colossally stupid FUD war between XC and Dark partisans tanked the price of both. A great time to buy in (I've done so on both). No point in arguing who was worse, just be glad it is mostly over. It was just harming both coins, not helping with either. The FUD was just driving people way from both, not winning them from one side to the other. So if any readers are tempted to keep it up - don't! Apologies and graciousness would be far better at this point.

XC has the first working anonymity system, which is HUGE. It will be a must-have for serious alts going forward. But Darkcoin is also very advanced, there is a reason for their market cap. I hope both win, we need a diversity of techs in this area in case one is compromised/vulnerable in the long run.

Thanks for telling me. I really never invested in Darkcoin or XC, so I really don't follow things like that. And many people were like, "XC a scam" or "Darkcoin a scam", "Both is a scam", "XC is king", "Darkcoin be BLINGIN' rite now!". Etc. Was kind of confusing.
maryvale

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:09:49 AM

Yesterday I saw dev checked in mixerann.cpp and h file, but today I found he completely delete the project, recreated it, and checkin from scratch the whole project. Is he trying to hide something? or hide some traces? And I no longer see the mixerann.h/cpp files there. What happened there?
madmanbts

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:12:22 AM

I have been reading and reading hoping I can find some valuable info about the code peer review but this thread feels like chaos.
Please answer following questions:

1. What is the DEVs forum ID?
2. Who is the forum user who made the review?
3. Is there any proof that he did it other than his word?

Thanks!
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:12:49 AM

Just waiting for the next troll to claim that the linkedin profile with 500+ connections is fake.

what is next troll. curious Undecided
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:13:09 AM

Yesterday I saw dev checked in mixerann.cpp and h file, but today I found he completely delete the project, recreated it, and checkin from scratch the whole project. Is he trying to hide something? or hide some traces? And I no longer see the mixerann.h/cpp files there. What happened there?

He has no idea how to use github - and he is going to develop a crypto currency worth millions....
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:13:45 AM

I have been reading and reading hoping I can find some valuable info about the code peer review but this thread feels like chaos.

Thanks!

go find yourself.

we are just taking too much beers.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:14:20 AM

What's so special about this coin? And what's going on with it and DRK? I keep hearing random things about it.

Big, colossally stupid FUD war between XC and Dark partisans tanked the price of both. A great time to buy in (I've done so on both). No point in arguing who was worse, just be glad it is mostly over. It was just harming both coins, not helping with either. The FUD was just driving people way from both, not winning them from one side to the other. So if any readers are tempted to keep it up - don't! Apologies and graciousness would be far better at this point.

XC has the first working anonymity system, which is HUGE. It will be a must-have for serious alts going forward. But Darkcoin is also very advanced, there is a reason for their market cap. I hope both win, we need a diversity of techs in this area in case one is compromised/vulnerable in the long run.

Thanks for telling me. I really never invested in Darkcoin or XC, so I really don't follow things like that. And many people were like, "XC a scam" or "Darkcoin a scam", "Both is a scam", "XC is king", "Darkcoin be BLINGIN' rite now!". Etc. Was kind of confusing.

Neither is a scam. Both are leaders in what will be a must-have technology for altcoins. It's not just criminals who want anonymous transactions. Imagine you're in a business that is considering using crypto to pay suppliers and vendors, etc. Do you really want your competitors to be able to review the blockchain and see all your financial dealings? Or your suppliers to be able to see how they can work you for a better deal? Any time an accounting employee left Company A for Company B (or was bribed), there'd be a huge risk of a company's finances being laid bare.

There are plenty of other reasons law-abiding people will want anonymity as a default feature, but the fact that this will be a standard corporate requirement should be enough to make the light bulb come on - no serious alt can ignore it. It's just a question now of which methods of anonymity are best and who can implement them the most quickly and efficiently and then market that.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
scroogeMcDuck

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:16:01 AM

Anyone is crazy not to buy at these prices. XC is highly undervalued at the moment.
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:18:33 AM

Anyone is crazy not to buy at these prices. XC is highly undervalued at the moment.

dirty dirty cheap.

madmanbts

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:19:37 AM

Thanks!

go find yourself.

Well this helpful response and welcoming attitude towards new potential investors will surely take XC to the MOON. Keep up the good work!
520Bit

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:20:36 AM

FAQ

Real world application

In an age where you can never be sure who is listening or watching, XC offers a solution to this for money transfer and storage.
By using XC, you can protect your identity and send and recieve money anonomously. XC's core values are protecting its user's privacy and can use XC with confidence.
There is a wide demographic of people, world wide that have been looking for a solution to an out-dated money system.
XC's primary goals are to protect its user's privacy and anonymity. With its secure, lightning fast network, you cannsfer system, XC provides provides this solution.
With a transparent, honest development team who are commited to the continual development of new, revolutionary technology and deployment, XC is here to stay and grow.

Whats in development?

XC is constantly improving on its own technology. The digital world is always changing. To survive, you must adapt and innovate.
Real world adoption is a driving force behind development. In regards to this, improved wallet interface and features will be added, mobile anonymous wallets, and payment cards. These cards will be similar to a debit or credit card, but have our technology supporting it.
In ordinance with continuing our pillar of transparency, the source code will be open sourced and released at a later date. We have a number of tech releases that pertain to the following: Block chain 2.0, 'Xnodes', a completely decentralized secure network to name a few.
Any product release is never truly finished, we are working hard to improve and expand everything that is released.

Proof of Stake

How does the PoS work for XC? What is the different between XC and PPC(Peercoin) PoS?

It is very similar as the code is based on the PPC code.
8 Hour minimum stake age.
30 day max stake age.
The chance of getting a coin stake is proportional to the amount of coin age one owns.

What does the mint weight mean?

PoS is similar to a lottery.
The higher the weight, the better the odds.

Anonymity

What does 'Xnode' mean? Any details?

Xnode is the software that runs the anonimizer
Xnode talks with client and provides transaction details

What is next? Do you have a set schedule?

Next is to continue development on the decentralized anonymous solution - Current schedule is 3-4 weeks

Why v0.9.1.4x11-coin-1.0 is an anonymous wallet even if the 'Anonymous Transactions' are under development?

You can use the feature now but is not the multi-path paradigm technology that is being developed.

Wallets

Is there a plan to make a more user friendly wallet?

Yes, post rev2 release.

If I open my Wallet.dat in two different computers, and unlock to mint, will the POS efficient be double?

No.

Will XC get an anonymous Android wallet?

Yes.

Will XC get a web wallet that is mobile friendly? *This will tap into the Apple market*

Yes.

What are the plans for mobile wallets?

Mobile/PoS integration.

Why is the mint weight different on my two computers with opening the same wallet.dat (same balances in it)? (For example, my first computer shows that the weight is A, the second one shows that the weight is B, and A is not equal to B, why?)

To be determined.

Network

How will the network function with anonymous technology implemented?

There will be a separate button to leverage the technology.
Network will have 3 parts:
Existing block chain.
A new protocol (Already developed in existing client).
A new protocol provides a multi-path paradigm to provide additional protection on non-likeable transactions.

Technical Details

What helps set this coin aside from all the others in crypto-currency?

DEV's 20+ Years experience and commitment to project.
Proven anonymous technology already in place - as stated in the announcement thread on BitcoinTalk.
Growing Community.

Future Plans.

Do you have a roll-out schedule laid out for the long term and short term?

Currently we have a short term goal of 3-4 weeks for the next release.
Long term plan is being mapped.

Right now, the total XC coin supply"is 5511165.53930000and the PoW was ended after block 21000. Will all the rest of the XC coins be minted by PoS?

Yes.

What does block chain v2.0 mean? Any details?

To be announced at a later date.

What is the plan of payment cards? Will the payment cards look like the credit card? Any details?

Yes - Debit/ATM/VISA - More details to follow.

Is your client fully open source? If not, are there any plans to go down this path?

Yes, the code will be open sourced. Still working on details.

Are you going to be releasing more translations of pages into other languages? If so, which ones?

Yes, we already have a Greek and Chinese translation, and more will be added soon. Watch for bounty announcements.

Any background about the developer of XC?

Yes! http://seclists.org/interesting-people/2002/Feb/107 (more to come)

What are the plans in an event an offer of any kind is made by an interested venture capital or investment firm group?

To be announced at a later date.
myxamop

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:21:12 AM

dirty dirty cheap.

evtrmm

Activity: 392

So much for "Community"

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:22:02 AM

Thanks!

go find yourself.

Well this helpful response and welcoming attitude towards new potential investors will surely take XC to the MOON. Keep up the good work!

have you checked page 1?  peer review is there
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 05:23:09 AM

I will be releasing a windows wallet tomorrow afternoon that has the built in the mixer for anybody to enable.  This should be considered test software only for testnet.  you can mine your own coins on testnet for testing the mixer

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 05:23:40 AM

Thanks!

go find yourself.

have you checked page 1?  peer review is there

tomorrow I will be releasing a windows wallet with the server mixer and client mixer to be tested - ONLY on testnet

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
trdiablo

Activity: 540

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:23:55 AM

Thanks!

go find yourself.

He is paid to troll
maryvale

Activity: 254

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:24:07 AM

He has no idea how to use github - and he is going to develop a crypto currency worth millions....

really? is it a joke? Grin
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:24:55 AM

Neither is a scam. Both are leaders in what will be a must-have technology for altcoins. It's not just criminals who want anonymous transactions. Imagine you're in a business that is considering using crypto to pay suppliers and vendors, etc. Do you really want your competitors to be able to review the blockchain and see all your financial dealings? Or your suppliers to be able to see how they can work you for a better deal? Any time an accounting employee left Company A for Company B (or was bribed), there'd be a huge risk of a company's finances being laid bare.

There are plenty of other reasons law-abiding people will want anonymity as a default feature, but the fact that this will be a standard corporate requirement should be enough to make the light bulb come on - no serious alt can ignore it. It's just a question now of which methods of anonymity are best and who can implement them the most quickly and efficiently and then market that.

Huh, I can get that. But the question is: Which is more efficient, or is more anonymous? Is it Darkcoin, which seems to be a bit popular right now, or XC?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: