Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:50:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:35:18 AM

I don't see the whole "multipath" idea yet, but at least mixer outputs come from the 550XC masternode input rather than the senders inputs.

Can some further details or source code be provided for how the signatures for multipath/mixed transactions work for this release? It still doesn't look like there is any multisignature going on between the wallet and mixer wallet so in theory mixers can still steal coins in rev2?.

Not in rev2..  You cant steal coins

Can you address this with technical details or some proof.  I keep seeing people say that these coins will get stolen.  They are even talking about it in CINNI thread.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=573232.msg7335393#msg7335393

XC is in the near DUMP or a Pump-n-Dump right now. They released their new wallet. Anyone know if it is better than ours??My feeling it's a scam coin. Thoughts, comments? thnx.

~darylluke.

its a scam and not worth of mention in Cinni thread Wink

would you want a hold a coin that can stolen/lost because of xnode?  its completely experimental, people should able to expect that when they send coins somewhere it ends up at their intended destination, not someplace else because of malfunction or a bad xnode stealing coins.

Its unacceptable for your coins to be at risk because of experimental features.  Imagine you sent anon 100k XC somewhere and a bad xnode hijacks and sends it to their own address.  Shocked

Lets set the record straight

#1.  XC is not a scam coin.

#2.  XC's XNode technology is still under development

#3.  You can't send more than 10 XC's through the XNODE system, plus you have to use the debug console, so clearly it is Beta feature that is being tested to demonstrate the progress[and provide PROOF] and provide testing for the code.

#4.  REV2 Will use multisig to prevent stolen coins

This is the thing that the DRK fudster kept on harping about.   How can people not EMPHASIZE this point!!!   #4... is the key to shut all the DRK fudster up all together.   

CryptoGretzky

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:36:49 AM

So what you are saying is you are going to throw the existing XNode architecture out the window and use Multi-Sig instead of transferring the ACTUAL coins through the mixers. What Darkcoin has and is already functional.

So basically this means that XC architecture 1.5 is STILL flawed and there is bad actor scenario's where coins can be stolen.

ya... as if DRk is completely working now right?   RC3 still isnt' out where the masternode actually can pay the operators and not fork like mad.   Why don't you come back when DRK is actually fully working first...?

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:40:11 AM

So what you are saying is you are going to throw the existing XNode architecture out the window and use Multi-Sig instead of transferring the ACTUAL coins through the mixers. What Darkcoin has and is already functional.

So basically this means that XC architecture 1.5 is STILL flawed and there is bad actor scenario's where coins can be stolen.

ya... as if DRk is completely working now right?   RC3 still isnt' out where the masternode actually can pay the operators and not fork like mad.   Why don't you come back when DRK is actually fully working first...?

DRK multi-sig IS working...only masternode payments. And before you say fork...XC had to be check-pointed and a new wallet released a few weeks ago from an unplanned fork!

Just to highlight to investors - everyone has been screaming that XC is flawed and now after all this development the Dev announces that he is going to COPY darkcoin's multi-sig architecture to get around the bad actor and coin stealing problem........what a waste of time...
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:40:35 AM

this should be the background for the website or the reddit at least  

+ 1000

this is a great looking wallpaper..although I do not like the looks of the one lil floaty thingy over the X that kinda looks like it might be a sperm...remove the tail looking thing from that round circle plz.. else we have sperm on our wallpaper.  Other than that, phenominal !
CryptoGretzky

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:43:43 AM

Be careful guys, we all know whats going to happen once those walls go

Whats going to happen?

Think about it.

It will dump?

my brain hurts from reading all of this...

Now I have to decide if I want to buy back in at a loss from yesterdays attempt to capitalize on the swing. Or cross my fingers and hope I can at least buy back at my selling price of yesterday. decisions decisions

Let me guess.... you sold and you want back in?  Cheesy

evtrmm

Activity: 392

So much for "Community"

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:47:16 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 03:58:27 AM by evtrmm

DRK multi-sig IS working...only masternode payments. And before you say fork...XC had to be check-pointed and a new wallet released a few weeks ago from an unplanned fork!

Just to highlight to investors - everyone has been screaming that XC is flawed and now after all this development the Dev announces that he is going to COPY darkcoin's multi-sig architecture to get around the bad actor and coin stealing problem........what a

waste of time...

So what your saying is XC will copy #dorks closed source code?  I see.  Huh

Edit: just so everyone knows, this is the first peak that ATC has given into any Rev 2 specifics.
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:53:13 AM

Whats going to happen?

Think about it.

It will dump?

Now I have to decide if I want to buy back in at a loss from yesterdays attempt to capitalize on the swing. Or cross my fingers and hope I can at least buy back at my selling price of yesterday. decisions decisions

Let me guess.... you sold and you want back in?  Cheesy

I didnt sell all... I was playing the swings and gaining a few hundred at a time but i sold and then the price went up while i was sleeping and i fat fingered my buy back and screwed myself. So i have been watching and trying to buy back at as very little loss as possible. I dont want to buy back when there are people pumping it only to dump it. I have faith in this coin and was trying build my stash more. But if they are driving up the price to hold it there then ill buy back now and count my losses. Just looking for advice from the pros.

Well someone bit 5k off of that .00145 buy wall an it didn't get pulled.
CryptoGretzky

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:54:04 AM

Whats going to happen?

Think about it.

It will dump?

Let me guess.... you sold and you want back in?  Cheesy

I didnt sell all... I was playing the swings and gaining a few hundred at a time but i sold and then the price went up while i was sleeping and i fat fingered my buy back and screwed myself. So i have been watching and trying to buy back at as very little loss as possible. I dont want to buy back when there are people pumping it only to dump it. I have faith in this coin and was trying build my stash more. But if they are driving up the price to hold it there then ill buy back now and count my losses. Just looking for advice from the pros.

Also this is the first time ive seen these buy walls on this coin

Unless you are friends with the whales that do the actual pump..., then the only good strategy is buy and hold....

stealth923
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:54:20 AM

Just to highlight to investors - everyone has been screaming that XC is flawed and now after all this development the Dev announces that he is going to COPY darkcoin's multi-sig architecture to get around the bad actor and coin stealing problem........what a

waste of time...

So what your saying is XC will copy #dorks closed source code?  I see.  Huh

Key word: ARCHITECTURE..not code, learn to READ..essentially the Dev has now realised his is flawed and now needs to make an XNode the SAME as a Masternode in Darkcoin.
CryptoGretzky

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:55:18 AM

waste of time...

Key word: ARCHITECTURE..not code, learn to READ..essentially the Dev has now realised his is flawed and now needs to make an XNode the SAME as a Masternode in Darkcoin.

Did you say the same thing about DRK masternode RC3 trying to go fix their payment and forking issue?  

DRK architecture is so closed source... you have not a single idea of what DRK really is doing...   how can you say anything about architecture when you don't know yourself?

stealth923
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:58:59 AM

waste of time...

Did you say the same thing about DRK masternode RC3 trying to go fix their payment and forking issue?  

DRK architecture is so closed source... you have not a single idea of what DRK really is doing...   how can you say anything about architecture when you don't know yourself?

Go read the DRK whitepaper...and besides thats not the point....point is XC Dev now realised the XC architecture is FLAWED. End of Story.
binome

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:59:51 AM

I don't see the whole "multipath" idea yet, but at least mixer outputs come from the 550XC masternode input rather than the senders inputs.

Can some further details or source code be provided for how the signatures for multipath/mixed transactions work for this release? It still doesn't look like there is any multisignature going on between the wallet and mixer wallet so in theory mixers can still steal coins in rev2?.

Not in rev2..  You cant steal coins

Can you address this with technical details or some proof.  I keep seeing people say that these coins will get stolen.  They are even talking about it in CINNI thread.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=573232.msg7335393#msg7335393

XC is in the near DUMP or a Pump-n-Dump right now. They released their new wallet. Anyone know if it is better than ours??My feeling it's a scam coin. Thoughts, comments? thnx.

~darylluke.

its a scam and not worth of mention in Cinni thread Wink

would you want a hold a coin that can stolen/lost because of xnode?  its completely experimental, people should able to expect that when they send coins somewhere it ends up at their intended destination, not someplace else because of malfunction or a bad xnode stealing coins.

Its unacceptable for your coins to be at risk because of experimental features.  Imagine you sent anon 100k XC somewhere and a bad xnode hijacks and sends it to their own address.  Shocked

Lets set the record straight

#1.  XC is not a scam coin.

#2.  XC's XNode technology is still under development

#3.  You can't send more than 10 XC's through the XNODE system, plus you have to use the debug console, so clearly it is Beta feature that is being tested to demonstrate the progress[and provide PROOF] and provide testing for the code.

#4.  REV2 Will use multisig to prevent stolen coins

OK, so rev2 will use the proper multisig coinjoin Smiley Thanks for some clarity. Still this rev 1.5 is risky but proves the idea.

Is the idea for "multipath" the ability to specify a number of multisig coinjoins in parallel and series to achieve a tradeoff in terms of privacy vs transaction time?
atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 04:01:18 AM

waste of time...

DRK architecture is so closed source... you have not a single idea of what DRK really is doing...   how can you say anything about architecture when you don't know yourself?

I have stealth923  on ignore, but nothing is changing in the XNODE architect and nor is it flawed.  It is the foundation for the XC Platform.

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:02:36 AM

waste of time...

So what your saying is XC will copy #dorks closed source code?  I see.  Huh

Except for decentralized?

Real quick, can you give me any specifics on what is actually to be included in REV 2- I'm sure it wont matter as other devs have proven that we probably wont see it for 6 months or so.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:09:20 AM

I have stealth923  on ignore, but nothing is changing in the XNODE architect and nor is it flawed.  It is the foundation for the XC Platform.

+1
This dev is a gentleman, ant other devs and their fanboy like ganster.
CryptoGretzky

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:16:24 AM

That's what we want to hear!   Keep up the great work and let us handle the trolls.

JCPoon

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:20:02 AM

+1 to that!

I'm ignoring too he's a moron
kobaya74

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:30:09 AM

Since XC I had to put some users on ignore too. I am aware they are paid bots, and they are only doing their jobs. But I have to do my job too without frustrations of their tarzan english. Go find irl jobs bots, that is how honest people earn their money!
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:38:03 AM

this should be the background for the website or the reddit at least 

Wow. That is possibly the most freaking awesome coin logo I've ever seen. Kudos.

Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:41:21 AM

This is taken from the Cinni coin thread on the first page.  Cry

XC coin only anonymize half of the transaction (the actual transfer of payment). The communication between buyer and seller is left wide open and can be intercepted by a third party. There are ways to mitigate the communication risk however the communication risk to anonymity remains more significant than the payment risk to anonymity. The system being developed at CINNI will use the encrypted messaging system to allow CINNI to become the first ever completely anonymous transaction system.

Cinnicoin is claiming to have encrypted messages and 100% anonymous transactions.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=573232.0

Instead of having two coins doing the exact same thing, why not combine the two?
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: