Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:14:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GameStarter

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:46:14 PM

If i understand correctly, cach and XC will be the first coins to use PoBc function.
Cach and XC will have mass adoption access first.  
What will happen to others coins?

Do you still use typewriters?

It's so much a revolution that i am shocked.

The market haven't understood at all what it will induce, you have to find a way to explain it to the mass.

I've asked Arlyn to write something up and will help him out but please bare in mind , it's his birthday today. Wink

thanks Teka

Is the conference the first step to introduce these new features?

XChat adress + Key: XVgjcg7tnFgkthL2hi4yvXiU66FWkZ
Key: bjmK3SsiNEUC2VJkcEGTMRBmqYx3rXhxRh39BvbtpAof
E f f e c T

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:46:29 PM

Jesus christ. Am I the only person who actually reads what we have been told?

We are not merging with CACHE
We are going to be the first other coin to adopt the PoBC codebase
We will give CACHE some of our technology as part of the deal

How hard is this to understand?

Now go read up on PoBC. There will be no more POW or POS if this is done correctly

so we are going down?  we all know that and  price didnt  up

I don't think people realise how good news this is. If PoBC is successful it will be the downfail of pretty much all other ALTs. Every other coin is going to be scratching their eyeballs trying to change over.

And if it doesn't work, then nothing happens. We stil have the best anon tech, and we continue using POS.

I can't stress enough how good this news is.

Jesus, we've also had TOR confirmation today.

How this isn't going down as a massive celebration I don't know. Seriously. What. The. Fuck.
philipvdlinde

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:46:52 PM

I really hope that XC prices stay really low for awhile. I don't want to price to go up too soon.

I want to buy more XC and need some time to get some more BTC ready. So please, XC price, stay low for a few more weeks before you rocket to 1,000,000 satoshis. I need more XC.

Anyone else in the same predicament?

I am!
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:47:32 PM

If i understand correctly, cach and XC will be the first coins to use PoBc function.
Cach and XC will have mass adoption access first.  
What will happen to others coins?

Do you still use typewriters?

It's so much a revolution that i am shocked.

The market haven't understood at all what it will induce, you have to find a way to explain it to the mass.

Well, it did a take a while for typewriters to dissapear and Rome wasn't built in a day so..
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:54:43 PM

Now go read up on PoBC. There will be no more POW or POS if this is done correctly

I don't think people realise how good news this is. If PoBC is successful it will be the downfail of pretty much all other ALTs. Every other coin is going to be scratching their eyeballs trying to change over.

And if it doesn't work, then nothing happens. We stil have the best anon tech, and we continue using POS.

How this isn't going down as a massive celebration I don't know. Seriously. What. The. Fuck.

hahaha I agree man... people are freaking out over nothing.  It changes NOTHING even if it never comes to be.  and if it does come to be.. it changes the game COMPLETELY.. basically XC on top in its own league.. by far.
scibi

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:57:34 PM

hahaha I agree man... people are freaking out over nothing.  It changes NOTHING even if it never comes to be.  and if it does come to be.. it changes the game COMPLETELY.. basically XC on top in its own league.. by far.
over nothing?
after reaching 0,005 we are going to 0,001, its nothing? ok.
Price shows how much coin is worth Smiley
Its all or nothing for XC
bitcad4u

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:08:21 PM

over nothing?

All or nothing I agree, but if you look at the big picture.. XC is going ALL OUT.  For fuck sakes the Dev is at a conference in phsyical form, you think if the plan was to burn out and fade away he would go to conference to represent ? 

Price means nothing at this point.  Bitcoin used to be sub 1 dollar you remember ? You saying BTC was less valuable back then ?  funny thing is, basically no NEW innovation has been applied to bitcoin since it was sub 1 dollar.  The price now 600... what gave it value?  Audience... Exposure... something XC has not got yet, and when it did.. it was shut down by drk troll lies.   I am waiting for the audience to fill in before the show starts.  See ya at the top.
SushiChef

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:09:51 PM

If I wasn't smashing my keyboard and trowing the mouse across the room (because of these damn faucets) I would Fucking celebrate.. Hell yeah! And I love the PR "fuck-up". Why do we want others to know this? We are the smartmoney. Let us accumulate at cheap price before institutional investors find out. Then we have to buy at 500k+  
scibi

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:15:07 PM

over nothing?

All or nothing I agree, but if you look at the big picture.. XC is going ALL OUT.  For fuck sakes the Dev is at a conference in phsyical form, you think if the plan was to burn out and fade away he would go to conference to represent ? 

Price means nothing at this point.  Bitcoin used to be sub 1 dollar you remember ? You saying BTC was less valuable back then ?  funny thing is, basically no NEW innovation has been applied to bitcoin since it was sub 1 dollar.  The price now 600... what gave it value?  Audience... Exposure... something XC has not got yet, and when it did.. it was shut down by drk troll lies.   I am waiting for the audience to fill in before the show starts.  See ya at the top.
and what is date of conference?
SushiChef

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:17:09 PM

and what is date of conference?

http://www.bitcoinbeltway.com/ 20-22 june
bitcad4u

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:17:57 PM

the conference is in its last day... lol.. they been there 3 days now.

scibi

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:21:19 PM

I dont see any block of XC in schedule
SushiChef

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:21:54 PM

They occupied a booth and talked to keynote speakers about the tech.

http://bitcoininthebeltway2014.sched.org/exhibitor/fibonacciasics?iframe=no&w=100&sidebar=yes&bg=no#.U6ZTcZR_vJ0

http://imgur.com/IvEfaHc

Turns out that even overstock ceo liked xc/cache concept, quoted us in his talk and gave me his email to contact him later Smiley
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:29:00 PM

Can one of you share some more info about PoBC?
After searching i can see it will help agains ASICS or a 51% attack. For both a great inovation but
(@E f f e c T) fail to see at the moment how this will make PoW & PoS obsolete and
(@BitCad4u) fail to see how this will change the game COMPLETELY, sure XC will have some great tech but thats some big words you are using there. Afaik asics aren't a real problem for an X11 coin in POS stage & the spread, with so many users staking & running an Xnode, is really wide

Just trying to understand what PoBC is so i can share your enthousiasme, no criticism on this coin, team or one of you

hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:29:31 PM

http://bitcoininthebeltway2014.sched.org/exhibitor/fibonacciasics?iframe=no&w=100&sidebar=yes&bg=no#.U6ZTcZR_vJ0

Turns out that even overstock ceo liked xc/cache concept, quoted us in his talk and gave me his email to contact him later Smiley

so what is the XC/cache concept, how will they differ, if this PoBC thing happens doesn't that make XC/cache the only real altcoins? the question will be whats the difference between them . i think its a valid one
bitcad4u

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:34:29 PM

Can one of you share some more info about PoBC?
After searching i can see it will help agains ASICS or a 51% attack. For both a great inovation but
(@E f f e c T) fail to see at the moment how this will make PoW & PoS obsolete and
(@BitCad4u) fail to see how this will change the game COMPLETELY, sure XC will have some great tech but thats some big words you are using there. Afaik asics aren't a real problem for an X11 coin in POS stage & the spread, with so many users staking & running an Xnode, is really wide

Just trying to understand what PoBC is so i can share your enthousiasme, no criticism on this coin, team or one of you

You tell me how having 2 blockchains be able to "communicate" with each other is not going to "change the game" completely...  Its like having TCIP/IP and then adding HTTP ontop... think how did HTTP change the internet?

nuff said.
SushiChef

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:35:01 PM

so what is the XC/cache concept, how will they differ, if this PoBC thing happens doesn't that make XC/cache the only real altcoins? the question will be whats the difference between them . i think its a valid one

I will let Synerchist tell you all about this in the official statement. But it's his birthday so ain't expecting it till tomorrow. Which in my opinion is fine so I can keep buying cheap coins Tongue
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:38:08 PM

I don't like this for a few reasons:

1. This is adding a lot of confusion and complexity.

2. Having some kind of symbiotic relationship with another coin, sharing codebases is a freaking huge decision. How can the dev/s suddenly do this without first consulting with all of the people who have invested in XC?

3. Too early. Getting anonymity working and finished should be our priority.

IMO this is very dodgy that this has been done with some largely unknown coin. I read this forum every day and have never heard of Cache coin until now. If this is going to be done properly it should be done with a brand new coin from scratch.

I said yesterday I would be paying for a press release for XC and I stand by that. However I am really not happy with this sudden and unexpected development. There's not even a clear and cohesive announcement explaining everything simply.
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:41:06 PM

so two coins are needed to implement PoBC cause the Blockchains communicate, did i understand that corectly?
SushiChef

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:48:17 PM

I don't like this for a few reasons:

1. This is adding a lot of confusion and complexity.

Yes, you are right. Jasinlee was probably over excited and just wanted to keep the community informed. We always knew Jasinlee was onboard and he never hide his other interest

2. Having some kind of symbiotic relationship with another coin, sharing codebases is a freaking huge decision. How can the dev/s suddenly do this without first consulting with all of the people who have invested in XC?

There is no relation other then Jasinlee working on both projects. Ofcourse some of the basecode will be copied to improve XC. Communicating things in this alt world to your community is very hard because competitors/investors are always watching. Look how this single phrase of jasinlee is dominating this thread for 3 pages now.

3. Too early. Getting anonymity working and finished should be our priority.

This is ATC's field of expertise. I think he works on this all the time and jasinlee is doing the codebase to make further progress possible.

IMO this is very dodgy that this has been done with some largely unknown coin. I read this forum every day and have never heard of Cache coin until now. If this is going to be done properly it should be done with a brand new coin from scratch.

I said yesterday I would be paying for a press release for XC and I stand by that. However I am really not happy with this sudden and unexpected development. There's not even a clear and cohesive announcement explaining everything simply.

Love your donation! hope there will be a nice article coming out next week about the developments @ the beltway
Pages: « 1 ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: