Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:50:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 [525] 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ChilliWinter

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:50:32 PM

Just started one rig here  Grin
http://www.hashevolved.com/miners/XYN96JFRKoVFAx17MG7ftfvgAmkaL1qRxM

Let's see what's on going this multipool  Kiss

Cloakcoin, Blocknet and Syscoin supporter
therightmintality

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:52:34 PM

As a traditional investment professional, as I have stated before, I am impressed with the underlying fundamentals.  A good traditional stock has a good management team, good R & D to stays relevant and appealing to the masses, and if lucky enough a dividend.  XC has a great management team, cutting edge technology that has been delivered or is being worked on that will have mass appeal, and it coins increase only 3.3% a year, which is similar to a dividend being paid to current holders.  It also has a market cap of $4 to $5 million with plenty of room for growth.  

Other coins that intrigued me at first have some flawed fundamentals.  They over promise and under deliver.  They do no have a set amount of coins (shares).  This will lead to dilution.  An example is a traditional stock who's price increased over the years and it becomes cumbersome to record keep so they do a stock split.  A 2-1 split increases everyones shares by 2, but cuts the price in half.   A few other coins have less than half of their final coin number in circulation.  This will cause dilution of that coin over time... It simple economics.  You look at these same coins and they will have resistance to growth.  Say a coin has a $40 million market cap, or approx. 10x XC's, it will struggle to grow.  It will take another $40 million to double the price, it will also take more if the number of coins continues to grow as mining continues and causes dilution.  You are looking at a $60-$80 million of additional market capitalization to double the price.  While doubling is not bad, I see XC with as much or more technology as these coins after only 6 weeks.  I see the roadmap and the marketing that has been organized, the developer and his skill set, and the fact this coin can not be diluted as an opportunity that is very rare.  A chance to earn many times your initial investment if you hold and trust the plan.   As I said before, I bought more earlier this week when the price was low, and will continue to hold until I see a bad diversion from the plan.  However, I don't expect this, because so far this team has under promised and over delivered and I expect this to continue.
so what do you think...do you see any reason why in the next few years XC cant have a marketcap equal to BTC..what do you think the future holds, if XC keeps delivering like it has?

Potentially... I think it has one of the best chances to emerge.  A couple of reasons why...  If this coin continues with its advancement on a technical side as well as doing those things that make it easier for the general population to adopt, it will grow its base.  It won't fight dilution, Its coins in circulation are set, except for 3.3% (which may not be as much as those lost).    So if it would go to $1000k a coin,  you would be able to add other forms of XC easier.  This would be much like the US having pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, dollars, tens, twenties etc.   If it has an easy payment system and you can use an XC credit card on one of the networks (visa, mc, discover) to buy goods and services across the world, especially if physically traveling the sky is the limit.  I went overseas this year and had to convert the US dollar to a foreign currency.  I did this at a currency desk at a large bank. I paid a premium when exchanging before the trip and exchanged at a discount when I returned home, not to mention the foreign transaction fees on my VISA...  XC would avoid these hassles... Will this happen in 2 years, maybe.  Will XC be the coin?  In my mind it has the potential.   Bitcoin is like a DOW JONES company.  It is hard to turn those big ships and make big advancements.   If XC can get it right early, they may be the Facebook replacing the myspace.    I also always look at what I say is a conservative side to a company.  The minimum I see for XC is a very functional alternate currency that is spent and used due to its anonymous features,  easy and safe to use technology and continues to grow at a slower pace.  This would still put the price $150 to $200 with a market cap around $1 billion.   If they continue to deliver I see the range being $150 to $750 in the next 2 years.
PowderMonkey

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:58:28 PM

As a traditional investment professional, as I have stated before, I am impressed with the underlying fundamentals.  A good traditional stock has a good management team, good R & D to stays relevant and appealing to the masses, and if lucky enough a dividend.  XC has a great management team, cutting edge technology that has been delivered or is being worked on that will have mass appeal, and it coins increase only 3.3% a year, which is similar to a dividend being paid to current holders.  It also has a market cap of $4 to $5 million with plenty of room for growth.  

Other coins that intrigued me at first have some flawed fundamentals.  They over promise and under deliver.  They do no have a set amount of coins (shares).  This will lead to dilution.  An example is a traditional stock who's price increased over the years and it becomes cumbersome to record keep so they do a stock split.  A 2-1 split increases everyones shares by 2, but cuts the price in half.   A few other coins have less than half of their final coin number in circulation.  This will cause dilution of that coin over time... It simple economics.  You look at these same coins and they will have resistance to growth.  Say a coin has a $40 million market cap, or approx. 10x XC's, it will struggle to grow.  It will take another $40 million to double the price, it will also take more if the number of coins continues to grow as mining continues and causes dilution.  You are looking at a $60-$80 million of additional market capitalization to double the price.  While doubling is not bad, I see XC with as much or more technology as these coins after only 6 weeks.  I see the roadmap and the marketing that has been organized, the developer and his skill set, and the fact this coin can not be diluted as an opportunity that is very rare.  A chance to earn many times your initial investment if you hold and trust the plan.   As I said before, I bought more earlier this week when the price was low, and will continue to hold until I see a bad diversion from the plan.  However, I don't expect this, because so far this team has under promised and over delivered and I expect this to continue.
so what do you think...do you see any reason why in the next few years XC cant have a marketcap equal to BTC..what do you think the future holds, if XC keeps delivering like it has?

Potentially... I think it has one of the best chances to emerge.  A couple of reasons why...  If this coin continues with its advancement on a technical side as well as doing those things that make it easier for the general population to adopt, it will grow its base.  It won't fight dilution, Its coins in circulation are set, except for 3.3% (which may not be as much as those lost).    So if it would go to $1000k a coin,  you would be able to add other forms of XC easier.  This would be much like the US having pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, dollars, tens, twenties etc.   If I have an easy payment system and can use an XC credit card on one of the networks (visa, mc, discover) to buy goods and services across the world, especially if physically traveling the sky is the limit.  I went overseas this year and had to convert the US dollar to a foreign currency.  I did this at a currency desk at a large bank. I paid a premium when exchanging before the trip and exchanged at a discount when I returned home, not to mention the foreign transaction fees on my VISA...  Will this happen in 2 years, maybe.  Will XC be the coin?  In my mind it has the potential.   Bitcoin is like a DOW JONES company.  It is hard to turn those big ships and make big advancements.   If XC can get it right early, they may be the Facebook replacing the myspace.    I also always look at what I say is a conservative side to a company.  The minimum I see for XC is a very functional alternate currency that is spent and used due to its anonymous features,  easy and safe to use technology and continues to grow at a slower pace.  This would still put the price $150 to $200 with a market cap around $1 billion.   If they continue to deliver I see the range being $150 to $750 in the next 2 years.

Thank you for this useful post.  Many of your predictions for XCurrency's future align with my own. 

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 08:59:22 PM

Potentially... I think it has one of the best chances to emerge.  A couple of reasons why...  If this coin continues with its advancement on a technical side as well as doing those things that make it easier for the general population to adopt, it will grow its base.  It won't fight dilution, Its coins in circulation are set, except for 3.3% (which may not be as much as those lost).    So if it would go to $1000k a coin,  you would be able to add other forms of XC easier.  This would be much like the US having pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, dollars, tens, twenties etc.   If it has an easy payment system and you can use an XC credit card on one of the networks (visa, mc, discover) to buy goods and services across the world, especially if physically traveling the sky is the limit.  I went overseas this year and had to convert the US dollar to a foreign currency.  I did this at a currency desk at a large bank. I paid a premium when exchanging before the trip and exchanged at a discount when I returned home, not to mention the foreign transaction fees on my VISA...  Will this happen in 2 years, maybe.  Will XC be the coin?  In my mind it has the potential.   Bitcoin is like a DOW JONES company.  It is hard to turn those big ships and make big advancements.   If XC can get it right early, they may be the Facebook replacing the myspace.    I also always look at what I say is a conservative side to a company.  The minimum I see for XC is a very functional alternate currency that is spent and used due to its anonymous features,  easy and safe to use technology and continues to grow at a slower pace.  This would still put the price $150 to $200 with a market cap around $1 billion.   If they continue to deliver I see the range being $150 to $750 in the next 2 years.
Thank you for your response, i agree 100%. though i do think it can happen faster possibly only because BTC has laid the foundations for XC to thrive.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 09:23:40 PM

Potentially... I think it has one of the best chances to emerge.  A couple of reasons why...  If this coin continues with its advancement on a technical side as well as doing those things that make it easier for the general population to adopt, it will grow its base.  It won't fight dilution, Its coins in circulation are set, except for 3.3% (which may not be as much as those lost).    So if it would go to $1000k a coin,  you would be able to add other forms of XC easier.  This would be much like the US having pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, dollars, tens, twenties etc.   If it has an easy payment system and you can use an XC credit card on one of the networks (visa, mc, discover) to buy goods and services across the world, especially if physically traveling the sky is the limit.  I went overseas this year and had to convert the US dollar to a foreign currency.  I did this at a currency desk at a large bank. I paid a premium when exchanging before the trip and exchanged at a discount when I returned home, not to mention the foreign transaction fees on my VISA...  XC would avoid these hassles... Will this happen in 2 years, maybe.  Will XC be the coin?  In my mind it has the potential.   Bitcoin is like a DOW JONES company.  It is hard to turn those big ships and make big advancements.   If XC can get it right early, they may be the Facebook replacing the myspace.    I also always look at what I say is a conservative side to a company.  The minimum I see for XC is a very functional alternate currency that is spent and used due to its anonymous features,  easy and safe to use technology and continues to grow at a slower pace.  This would still put the price $150 to $200 with a market cap around $1 billion.   If they continue to deliver I see the range being $150 to $750 in the next 2 years.

Thanks for the forecast. There's lots of room for disruption in this space, and I'd be very happy to bring some. :-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
RW-Stott

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:29:17 PM

When XC releases REV2, there really needs to be an audit performed so that people can see how XC's anon solution is superior to competitor solutions.  

DFJ

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:31:44 PM

When XC releases REV2, there really needs to be an audit performed so that people can see how XC's anon method is superior from other major competitor solutions. 

Agreed.  XC got ahead of itself during the original big run-up with talk of how we are better than DRK, etc. But we are getting close to the point where we will need to make that case again (and vs. Vericoin, other competitors).  Except this time the code will exist rather than being in process.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:35:17 PM

When XC releases REV2, there really needs to be an audit performed so that people can see how XC's anon method is superior from other major competitor solutions. 

Agreed.  XC got ahead of itself during the original big run-up with talk of how we are better than DRK, etc. But we are getting close to the point where we will need to make that case again (and vs. Vericoin, other competitors).  Except this time the code will exist rather than being in process.

You may have mussed but there was an open challenge and bounty for rev 1.5... Drk's best came and tried and failed... Where else has a bounty been offere to try and crack the anon?

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
RW-Stott

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:36:30 PM

Agreed.  XC got ahead of itself during the original big run-up with talk of how we are better than DRK, etc. But we are getting close to the point where we will need to make that case again (and vs. Vericoin, other competitors).  Except this time the code will exist rather than being in process.

Well, in fairness of XC's dev team, it was only the community that was claiming to be "better than DRK."  But still, and audit of XC's REV2 compared to competitor solutions would be appropriate.

Centralized solutions (such as VRC) do not need to be included in the audit.  There is no point.  It really only should include DRK, which is arguably the only competitor to XC. 
SushiChef

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:40:39 PM

You may have mussed but there was an open challenge and bounty for rev 1.5... Drk's best came and tried and failed... Where else has a bounty been offere to try and crack the anon?

Also the team stated they will get a bigger bounty out with rev2. This to attract experts that will make Cheaplin look like a 3 year old Wink
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:41:38 PM

Agreed.  XC got ahead of itself during the original big run-up with talk of how we are better than DRK, etc. But we are getting close to the point where we will need to make that case again (and vs. Vericoin, other competitors).  Except this time the code will exist rather than being in process.

yeah but remember-- there is supposed to be a big bounty with rev2 released, which will be promoted to let people know how good of a solution it is---- not to mention now we got a roadmap with even more to showcase for the people, anon is just not good enough FOR US now, we need to let the word out that REAL work is being done here, not just some rush-to-anon solution in order to gain momentum. Rev2 is just a piece of a much broader plan, and people need to know this.

I still feel our PR team needs to get out there, but I guess the team wants to have stuff ready, tested and working properly in order to promote them. I am actually even MORE excited for those features that are supposed to happen alongside rev2: Website Launch   Social Media Revamp  Update XC Wallet Logo . I reall want to see them even more professional looking and then get the real stuff promoted. I feel that's the team's plan.

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:42:53 PM

Well, in fairness of XC's dev team, it was only the community that was claiming to be "better than DRK."  But still, and audit of XC's REV2 compared to competitor solutions would be appropriate.

Centralized solutions (such as VRC) do not need to be included in the audit.  There is no point.  It really only should include DRK, which is arguably the only competitor to XC. 

Something tells me this will happen and something also tells me XC will pass with flying colors. Then we see the true reflection in this coin's value which will make the current price seem like a joke.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:43:40 PM

Also the team stated they will get a bigger bounty out with rev2. This to attract experts that will make Cheaplin look like a 3 year old Wink

I should have said 'president' cheaplin Wink after all he extensively tested the last failed  drk update...

Expecting to see some vrc monies coming this way tonight, it looks done for now...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
RW-Stott

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:50:08 PM

I should have said 'president' cheaplin Wink after all he extensively tested the last failed  drk update...

Expecting to see some vrc monies coming this way tonight, it looks done for now...

I was reading through the old thread earlier today, and to my "surprise," it was 'president' chaeplin (of DRK's team) that made the first FUD post claiming XC's code was a copy of fedora's code.  To anyone who thinks chaeplin is ever trying to help XC, think again.  Nothing this guy says can be trusted, as far as I'm concerned.  

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600706.msg7005794#msg7005794

It was orchestrated by DRK the entire time... even leading up to the FUD tweet from DRK's official twitter account.
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:57:10 PM

AMA TIME - WEEK 2

http://www.reddit.com/r/XCofficialreddit/comments/299ydq/ama_time_daniel_community_manager_week_2/
policymaker

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:11:56 PM

"To further break this down: 2 on Xnode, 2 on EMs/Ec and 1 on QT"

as replied by Teka in AMA, this is the amount of coders working on XC. More on other aspects(like multipool, etc).

I think it is pretty significant for people to know.

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:25:28 PM

I put 4x 280x on it about 12.5Mh/s

whats your config? the 7970's are the same as the 280x, I'm seeing about on average 8Mh/s

I use a optimized mod of sgminer with the last AMD driver

GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
sgminer -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://stratum.hashevolved.com:5555 -u (XC adress) -p x -I 18 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192

But right now i see accepted job in my miner with no reject but the frontend of the pool tell me 59233 rejected share and 0 accepted.

Unconfirmed shares aren't a bad thing. Everyone starts off with unconfirmed shares. When blocks are found for each coin, your unconfirmed shares turn into confirmed shares. At the end of each shift, you will receive a payout based on how many confirmed shares you have.

If you leave the pool and you still have unconfirmed shares in our system, they might still turn confirmed later, and guess what, you'll be paid for them.

So yeah unconfirmed shares are good thing to have, but ideally, confirmed shares are what you're looking for.

Sorry I guess this is my fault. I'll updated FAQs.

Ok i understand !

What mod of SGminer u using?
conradjohnson

Activity: 158

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:32:59 PM

Never mined x11 before, but now's a good a time as any.   6 card 750 ti rig pointing to :5555 with new ccminer 3.5 -   Anyone know what MH I should expect on x11 with this rig?

6 should get you around 13 MH/s with the latest ccminer (be sure to use the 3.5-5.0 with the 750ti)

Allright, getting 2.1 per card now.  Pool reporting topping out at 12Mhs - (these are just the stock 750ti...no OC, no FTW, just 750ti).  Trying the 5.0 version of ccminer, and I'll switch back to the 3.5 here in a bit.  OC settings with precision at +125gpu/+500mem.   Gonna let it run for a while to make sure it's stable, then I'll try out the 3.5 ccminer version to see if I get any better.

Also... just picked up another 0.5 BTC worth of XC and cracked my first beer of the weekend so... yay!

bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:39:38 PM

I am getting this with 4 x 7950 using sgminer :XWKG9meceCbUdJhnwoWXBzksGqbY9ACRgc   5.37 MH   100%

I have never mined X11 before but I am liking that my GPUs are not burning up and that my wife is not yelling at me asking why the fuse blows when she uses the hair dryer. 

Dam Scrypt kills GPUs eh ?  X11 >

Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:41:08 PM

"To further break this down: 2 on Xnode, 2 on EMs/Ec and 1 on QT"

as replied by Teka in AMA, this is the amount of coders working on XC. More on other aspects(like multipool, etc).

I think it is pretty significant for people to know.

That is super important!!!! Good Lord Almighty!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 [525] 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: