Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:02:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 [750] 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DeepBlue

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:12:21 PM

I believe in this coin! Everything about it, from code to ppl, seems advanced.

Thank you for striving for a more evolved system of commerce than slavery, somebody's gotta Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nuttynut1987

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:18:28 PM

did you try to close and relunch the wallet each time the sync is blocked?

you can also delete all files (just keep wallet.dat and save it somewhere else to be safe (usb stick + hdd files crypted...) in c:users/appdata/roaming/x11coin  then you reinstall xcapp from xc download website (version 1.15):

http://www.xc-official.com/xc-downloads/

And try again to resync relunching each time it is blocked.

Don't worry if you haven't lost your wallet.dat file you are safe.

I did this, and now it did finish syncing.
At the right (transaction) I see my 5 transactions ever made; if you calculate this I should have +2000XC (and a wee bit).
BUT its finished syncing apparently, but i sill have 0 coins in my wallet Sad.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 04:24:36 PM

I just have a question: It there any talk about creating a decentralized market for xc, any plans for that whatsoever? I just think xc needs a way to make it spendable for eCommerce right away

this is the only thing cloak has planned that we dont, as far as i can tell.
I was hoping that a market is in the works...damn I like xc a lot but without a market we will be trailing cloak. I mean they also have some anon implementation that might work just as well as xc's implementation so then the only thing that would make a big difference is the market. Even if we get xc on the currency cards and ATMs there is nothing to spend it on except on the crowdfunding...Just my 2 pennies, what do you guys think?

XC plans on full POS integration, so you'll be able to spend it anywhere.

Also, by "market" I'm not sure whether you mean a place to exchange XC with other currencies or a place to buy various products with Cloak/XC, but the latter will be unnecessary if you can spend XC anywhere, and the former is a standard Blockchain 2.0 implementation that is on the cards for XC.

Secondly, stealth addresses are a pragmatic but weak form of anonymity.

I understand that introducing xc on the currency cards and ATMs will make it possible to spend it anywhere or exchange it for fiat but we can do this just as well with bitcoin. For xc there needs to be a different application, specific for anon coins, like an online market.

By market I refer to a completely decentralized online market that would use xc. For such a market to have success a true anon coin is necessary and xc is perfect for that. Otherwise there are little applications that would require the use of an anon coin. I mean using it to sponsor political parties is great but still...not enough. Also what point is there to keep the records of a online company private (using xc) if the actual business can not be conducted also in a private way (using a decentralized anon market based on xc). Do you get my point?

One thing is certain in my opinion: First anon coin that also gets a decentralized market will have a great advantage over the other anon coins simply for the fact that the currency velocity (the speed at which it circulates) will increase and will drive price higher, creating more stability, creating more demand and so on.

You have a good point there. Having a decentralised XC marketplace creates an environment where an anoncoin can flourish.

However there would be drawbacks:

- Getting real-world retailers onto the marketplace wouldn't be easy.

- Developing the marketplace would take time and a lot of capital.

- Focusing on a specific marketplace is at the expense of all the other marketplaces in the world. We want them all.

- There are ways to do real-world point-of-sale transactions where you ostensively pay in XC, the receiver gets fiat, and you don't disclose your identity. I've designed a system like this for Bitcoin actually. You'd directly pay another node that has an agreement with the retailer/POS provider. They'd exchange the funds for fiat and settle the amount with the retailer at end-of-day. Since normal retailers always trust mediators (banks, POS providers etc. etc.) this is no less trustworthy for them than normal. On the other hand the node doesn't need your personal details because it provably receives payment. So the retailer actually only transacts with the node; you're left safely out of the loop. The retailer trusts the node will pay at end-of-day and so is happy to let you walk out with the goods. The retailer/POS provider keeps track by matching your payment to the node's settlement via txID from the node when the node receives payment from you. Something like that... still have to figure it out for an anoncoin.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 04:36:45 PM

I just have a question: It there any talk about creating a decentralized market for xc, any plans for that whatsoever? I just think xc needs a way to make it spendable for eCommerce right away

I was hoping that a market is in the works...damn I like xc a lot but without a market we will be trailing cloak. I mean they also have some anon implementation that might work just as well as xc's implementation so then the only thing that would make a big difference is the market. Even if we get xc on the currency cards and ATMs there is nothing to spend it on except on the crowdfunding...Just my 2 pennies, what do you guys think?

Also, by "market" I'm not sure whether you mean a place to exchange XC with other currencies or a place to buy various products with Cloak/XC, but the latter will be unnecessary if you can spend XC anywhere, and the former is a standard Blockchain 2.0 implementation that is on the cards for XC.

I understand that introducing xc on the currency cards and ATMs will make it possible to spend it anywhere or exchange it for fiat but we can do this just as well with bitcoin. For xc there needs to be a different application, specific for anon coins, like an online market.

By market I refer to a completely decentralized online market that would use xc. For such a market to have success a true anon coin is necessary and xc is perfect for that. Otherwise there are little applications that would require the use of an anon coin. I mean using it to sponsor political parties is great but still...not enough. Also what point is there to keep the records of a online company private (using xc) if the actual business can not be conducted also in a private way (using a decentralized anon market based on xc). Do you get my point?

One thing is certain in my opinion: First anon coin that also gets a decentralized market will have a great advantage over the other anon coins simply for the fact that the currency velocity (the speed at which it circulates) will increase and will drive price higher, creating more stability, creating more demand and so on.

You have a good point there. Having a decentralised XC marketplace creates an environment where an anoncoin can flourish.

- Focusing on a specific marketplace is at the expense of all the other marketplaces in the world. We want them all.

- There are ways to do real-world point-of-sale transactions where you ostensively pay in XC, the receiver gets fiat, and you don't disclose your identity. I've designed a system like this for Bitcoin actually. You'd directly pay another node that has an agreement with the retailer/POS provider. They'd exchange the funds for fiat and settle the amount with the retailer at end-of-day. Since normal retailers always trust mediators (banks, POS providers etc. etc.) this is no less trustworthy for them than normal. On the other hand the node doesn't need your personal details because it provably receives payment. So the retailer actually only transacts with the node; you're left safely out of the loop. The retailer trusts the node will pay at end-of-day and so is happy to let you walk out with the goods. The retailer/POS provider keeps track by matching your payment to the node's settlement via txID from the node when the node receives payment from you. Something like that... still have to figure it out for an anoncoin.

BTW I'm not even the dev. No doubt he's got ideas about this that operate on a more fundamental level. I'm just the PR guy here.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:40:42 PM

when is the EM news today? or is there EM news today? any idea ?
merk475

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:41:59 PM

Mr. fudster (not going to give him the repect of using his alias) makes me want to buy more and I am buying more. Remember the more fud the more bullish we get. They will start showing up in droves soon. Too funny.
Quote from Mr. Ricardo (AKA FUDdy Duddy) removed.......

Mr Wolong.....is that you?
pookielax31

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:42:05 PM

Is EM still coming this Friday?
bitcad4u

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:45:43 PM

Is EM still coming this Friday?

Smiley this is what I need to know
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:50:48 PM

I'm still waiting for REV2, I think we should wait for the latest update first, some words fro one of the DEVs would be nice.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

xephyr

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:56:41 PM

Just look at chart pattern

Yeah, moron. Let's look at the chart pattern. Maybe in the backwater third world country you come from an increasing trend line is bad, but around here this bodes well.

Lets not insult third world countries with comparison to that moron....being moron it is not related to geographic location  Wink

Yes, let's examine recent price action of XC/BTC:

Fibonacci 78.6% level held, very good. Sideways movement now, a good point to enter would be on heavy down volume close to .0015.
bitcad4u

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:00:35 PM

I am Mr Ricardo. Nice to have you here. EM will be released at friday. First before i answer your question deeper, i want just to know you better. What do you think will happen if i stop feeding people with my giveaways?

dunno who u are.. but u sound like someone I want to ignore.

can any XC team member reply to me please, not some random newbie.

thx
pookielax31

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:01:17 PM

Here are those pics that caused a stir yesterday... i fu=figure if they are gonna let this jackass scammer ricardo go i can post these for those who didn't see..I trust the Developing team especially with the new addition.. Just for a fresh few or idea Minimalistic style much much more but wont post

madmanbts

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:01:47 PM

BTW I'm not even the dev. No doubt he's got ideas about this that operate on a more fundamental level. I'm just the PR guy here.
Since you are PR would it be possible to ask Dan what is his opinion on this, and if we can expect anything like this in the near future. I and probably others as well, would be very thankful. Thanks!
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 05:02:40 PM

I'm still waiting for REV2, I think we should wait for the latest update first, some words fro one of the DEVs would be nice.

EM is still due to become available for testing around the end of the week (which does not entail Friday BTW).

We don't have to do any more work on the EM app before releasing it as far as I know. It should be ready to go.

It'll be Rev 1.5 anon tech, plus EM. We'll merge Rev 2.0 with it once EM is tested and working as it should.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:03:00 PM

I do like the 2D logo better than the 3D (textured logo)
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 05:04:23 PM

The testnet node address has now been added to the downloads page.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 05:05:53 PM

The XC Team PDF is now available from the team page.

Spread it far and wide...

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
madmanbts

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:06:09 PM

Here are those pics that caused a stir yesterday... i fu=figure if they are gonna let this jackass scammer ricardo go i can post these for those who didn't see..I trust the Developing team especially with the new addition.. Just for a fresh few or idea Minimalistic style much much more but wont post

I like this design more
pookielax31

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:07:44 PM

Theres a whole completed site this is just a tiny amount..

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 05:08:30 PM

Since you are PR would it be possible to ask Dan what is his opinion on this, and if we can expect anything like this in the near future. I and probably others as well, would be very thankful. Thanks!

Sure. Dan's super-busy testing Rev 2 today so I'm not sure it's a good idea to bother him now, as he wants Rev 2 out as much as the community does.

But yes, this marketplace idea is definitely something to suggest. Thanks.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pages: « 1 ... 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 [750] 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: